1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Best aircraft in the game

Mikeol1987

Mikeol1987

GTA%203_rhino.jpg

Out of the two available aircraft in the game, this is the best am I right? Who else mastered the art?

EDIT Clarification for those without a sense of humour: I'm talking about the low gravity cheat, and turning the turret the reverse position and firing to gain momentum, eventually flying.

Edited by Mikeol2014

GamesBoy316

Nothing better than flying with a Tank. It's more powerful too.

Arsen Vitiuk

Out of the two available aircraft in the game, this is the best am I right?

Did anyone tell you you act like a dork? No offense.

We all know there is only one aircraft in the game - and that is the Dodo. What you presented us is the evidence of either your immaturity, your stupidity, or absence of desire to play the game as it was meant to be. Because the Rhino is a ground vehicle, and no amount of cheating will change that fact.

Mikeol1987

If you meant no offence, you wouldn't of said it

Sustained flight in the Rhino is much better and lengthier than any time you can get out of the dodo but also challenging so it's an aircraft to me. And I can't tell if you're being serious or not, because obviously there is an air of comedy from my post, but I also wanted to recollect with fellow Rhino flyers!

Edited by Mikeol2014

Arsen Vitiuk

Sustained flight in the Rhino is much better and lengthier than any time you can get out of the dodo but also challenging so it's an aircraft to me. And I can't tell if you're being serious or not, because obviously there is an air of comedy from my post, but I also wanted to recollect with fellow Rhino flyers!

I will not engage in pointless debates over the matter. Suffice to say, your act is confusing to me. Rational, though immature, which is evidenced by the fact that this topic was created. At least you shouldn't have bothered to call the Rhino an "aircraft", regardless of where cheating can get you. Comedy or not, what you wrote originally can and will lead people to believe you are acting, at the very least, strange. Edited by Arsen Vitiuk

Inadequate

Are you serious? This thread is for real? The unique aircraft on GTA III is the Dodo.

• Like 1

Mikeol1987

at least Arsen is half onto what I'm on about... its clear some of you don't know. Low gravity cheat + turret = better flight capabilities than the dodo. (flight time = as long as you want)

Sound weird? what do you sound like then for just attacking a topic for a bit of fun? this was a genuine topic started in the hopes that I could talk to others that used to fly the rhino around and have fun with it, jesus f*cking christ, lighten up...

then again I sense a culture clash here. I don't think anyone will think what I have written is strange, to be perfectly frank and honest with you.

Edited by Mikeol2014

I've heard that doing this trick can break the game in PS2. I tried it once in PC, never went too far with the flying tank.

Mikeol1987

Low Gravity + Tank Turret at Reverse Position and you got your self a smooth flyer baby, whenever it drops out and spins out the trick was to let off the directional controls and it would usually swoop back up out of the dive, same thing for the Dodo but much less chance of recovery.

It was a noisy affair blasting your way from Portland to Shoreside Vale, but I remember it fondly. I even reached the Ghosttown (I think) with this method, but remember it not being COL'd up in the ps2 version? It never broke my game! (PS2 EU)

Edited by Mikeol2014

Voit Turyv

III Aircraft on PC trumps everything else.

^Not everyone plays on PC, you know...

Plus I tried III Aircraft and most helicopters are ridiculously slow. I think the Hunter is the only quick one.

Edited by Nico

Inadequate

Sound weird? what do you sound like then for just attacking a topic for a bit of fun? this was a genuine topic started in the hopes that I could talk to others that used to fly the rhino around and have fun with it, jesus f*cking christ, lighten up...

then again I sense a culture clash here. I don't think anyone will think what I have written is strange, to be perfectly frank and honest with you.

I'm attacking? Just for fun? Haha no... I'm only wondering if the thread was for real because the unique aircraft that exists on GTA III is the dodo and you've mentioned the rhino. But yeah the title sounded strange at least for me. Plus the rhino isn't an aircraft vehicle *literally* even with the Flying Vehicles cheat enabled, the cheat only sets the same handling as the dodo to every vehicle. But okay, let's go to forget this is totally off-topic.

OT: I used to fly the Rhino to pass into Staunton Island from Portland at the beginning.

EDIT:

I've heard that doing this trick can break the game in PS2. I tried it once in PC, never went too far with the flying tank.

Credits goes to Masny.

Edited by Inadequate
  • Like 1

Mikeol1987

I'm attacking? Just for fun? Haha no... I'm only wondering if the thread was for real because the unique aircraft that exists on GTA III is the dodo and you've mentioned the rhino. But yeah the title sounded strange at least for me. Plus the rhino isn't an aircraft vehicle *literally* even with the Flying Vehicles cheat enabled, the cheat only sets the same handling as the dodo to every vehicle. But okay, let's go to forget this is totally off-topic.

Apologies for the lack of clarifcation, the latter part of my post was intended for Arsen.

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't have been clever with the title, oh well.

I put a lot of time into the Rhino flight, considered it an art to be mastered, best and only way to see III's Liberty from the air!

Edited by Mikeol2014

Inadequate

Apologies for the lack of clarifcation, the latter part of my post was intended for Arsen.

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't have been clever with the title, oh well.

Nah, no problem. I misunderstood the subject of the thread and I replied in someway rude against you, sorry. No hard feelings.

So for close this off-topic issue, I will reply again: I used to fly the Rhino from Portand to Staunton Island using cheats on PS2 at the beginning of the game. :D

Lethal Vaccine

I put a lot of time into the Rhino flight, considered it an art to be mastered, best and only way to see III's Liberty from the air!

I prefer flying the Maverick in LCS to see Liberty City from the air. :D:p Sadly the height limit blows ass. Also, the Maverick is so fragile and flies strangely faster than other Mavericks in the other 3D Era GTA's. There is also NO NAME when you enter it, probably since it's not meant to be flown, but it's so easy to get from False Idols, especially on PS2 and Mobile since the doors aren't locked like how they are on PSP, lol...It's nice finding a SOLID roof top to land on and get a different perspective of LC. Not many are solid, but there is some nice places.

Edited by MetalMilitia89

Surprised how touchy people are being about this. Haha.

Rhino flight was something I had my fun with in the day. Must say though I think I mastered the Dodo so I never really needed the tank unless I was stuck in Portland.

Surprised how touchy people are being about this. Haha.

lol, yeah.

The best thing is fly the rhino, since I never can fly the dodo.