1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Saw NPC 747's in online?

IdRatherBeFlying

IdRatherBeFlying

Since the last update I have seen a few NPC planes flying around but usually luxors. One (and only one) time I saw several NPC 747's in the air, and as I was trying to catch up to one of them the game crashed (ps4). Has anyone else seen this? Is there any way to hijack one if you do catch up to it, like parachuting onto it?

nWo_Y2J_2015

Since the last update I have seen a few NPC planes flying around but usually luxors. One (and only one) time I saw several NPC 747's in the air, and as I was trying to catch up to one of them the game crashed (ps4). Has anyone else seen this? Is there any way to hijack one if you do catch up to it, like parachuting onto it?

If you're on PS4, you could've saved the video/picture and showed us.

No, haven't seen anything.

Edited by nWo_Y2J_2015
  • Like 2

No proof, didn't happen. As said above, you should have saved a video. Or at least a screenshot.

... Just a thought:

Were you in a public session? Someone may have done the creator glitch. Now, as far as I know, aircraft fly around in the creator. Could be that the vehicles also ported over.

Edited by REXX93
  • Like 3

IdRatherBeFlying

No proof, didn't happen. As said above, you should have saved a video. Or at least a screenshot.

... Just a thought:

Were you in a public session? Someone may have done the creator glitch. Now, as far as I know, aircraft fly around in the creator. Could be that the vehicles also ported over.

It was in a public session. Is it normal for NPC Luxors to be flying around now? I've seen those in several sessions since the last update, I don't remember seeing them before.

Yeah, I get it about not having proof. I've never had a reason to learn how to record video before and I only had about 10 seconds from when I saw them and started to chase and when the game crashed. There were 3 747's flying in different directions like they do in story mode,

but they were all within my field of view (over downtown) when I first saw them which seemed very weird/glitchy.

FlacidJack

BTW if that's true your game probably crashed because of it. Kinda like getting close to a tow truck could crash your game.

I believe you (not sure why you would lie about that) but I cant explain it.

• Like 2

PS4 records the past 15 minutes by default. Press the share button and then square to save the clip.

I'm calling fake on this, since no proof and all.

• Like 1

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

like said, pics or it did not happen.

welcome to the internet, enjoy your stay, do not take it personal if we do not beleve you, blame the trolls and attention whores roaming this place.

nWo_Y2J_2015

PS4 records the past 15 minutes by default. Press the share button and then square to save the clip.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Poor OP lol asks a simple question and is essentially blasted a liar for it. This community...........

Edited by Guest

I haven't seen NPCs flying fixed-wing aircraft in freeroam in Online.

In story mode, yes.

NPC helicopters in Online freeroam, yes.

NPC airplanes in missions/jobs (and Trevor's arms smugglers and ammo-drops), yes.

Yeah... no. What's next, is the OP gonna tell us that an NPC is driving a Tug on the ocean with no proof provided?

Spectre "2K"

Like somebody above mentioned, there really isn't a good reason to lie about this, so I don't know why people are so paranoid. It might have been a bug from creator, or maybe somebody joining from single player. Maybe keeping the plane cycles, freaking out when it realized you weren't supposed to be there, and your game broke down.

[Delta ²k5]

Well, I can approve that there are some planes randomly are flying around:

• Duster near Mckenzie Field flying circles
  • Mallard or Mammatus somewhere between Paleto Bay and Fort Zancudo
  • Luxor at LSIA, landing from northeast (small runway)
  • really rare some mammatus near the RON windfarm

Also I think I saw a Luxor in mid air near Eclipse Tower / the golf course - I think that time it was some friend only session with me alone in there.

But that's it - no 747 type planes for now

Edited by [Delta ²k5]
  • Like 2

JackCarter

I've noticed some planes too lately that i don't remember seeing before in online. Didn't think nothing of it in the moments.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Like somebody above mentioned, there really isn't a good reason to lie about this, so I don't know why people are so paranoid. It might have been a bug from creator, or maybe somebody joining from single player. Maybe keeping the plane cycles, freaking out when it realized you weren't supposed to be there, and your game broke down.

attention seeking...trolling...

this is the internet, people would just lie on this place for no reason at all.

still waiting for footage.

Alec Skorpio

Unless I glitched it by accident, I've seen at least one NPC cropduster in Online since the Finance and Felony hit. NPC's have seemed a bit more lively in general, tbqh, to the point that I thought they added NPC behaviors from single to online.

but maybe I just never noticed it before for some reason.

But I can say for certain I haven't seen any 747's.

Unless I glitched it by accident, I've seen at least one NPC cropduster in Online since the Finance and Felony hit. NPC's have seemed a bit more lively in general, tbqh, to the point that I thought they added NPC behaviors from single to online.

Theres a lot more aircraft and npcs since that update. Lots of npc walking around in races even now.

You guys may forget that you can't save the last 15 minutes if the game crashes...

Theres a lot more aircraft and npcs since that update. Lots of npc walking around in races even now.The npc walking in races are the most annoying thing lately

OT: Are tou sure it is a 747 not a Luxor?

Never seen a Luxor in online, but seen Dusters, Mammatus and jets flown by npc's. I can't remember the NPC plane that took off from sandy shores but I was in an invite only session and it took off from the second runway. Only seen that once or twice.

EddyTheRepublicanFury

Never seen a Luxor in online, but seen Dusters, Mammatus and jets flown by npc's. I can't remember the NPC plane that took off from sandy shores but I was in an invite only session and it took off from the second runway. Only seen that once or twice.

I saw a Mammatus taking off from that runway. There are also Lazers and Titans that take off and land in Zancudo, as well as the Cargobob flying around. However, i've never seen a 747 being flown by a NPC in Online.

Furry_Monkey

Luxors can be seen piloted by NPCs at the airport quite often, if you hang around there rather than just get something to fly with and then leave. They land and take off, but will despawn as soon as they fly away from you. If, however, they were flying near players then they'd have to stay in the session and not despawn. It's not unlikely that a player could keep one "alive" by simply following it in another plane.

Also, let's not forget the fact that it may well have just been someone in a Luxor (or one of the other similar jets) who was hidden due to ghost organisation. There would literally be no indicator that it was a player flying the thing.

davey1975pafc

Testing the servers for the new map update... we'll need a 747 to get to north yankton :)

• Like 3

Black-Dragon96

Well i have seen atleast 2 luxors landing at the single runway at lsia. The both landed about 60 seconds away from eachother and taxied to a parking position near the terminal.

UKPortista

I know it will never happen but oh how I would LOVE to see 747s added to online...it would be beautifully chaotic.

• Like 1

ahh the good old xb360 days when you could glitch in 747s and blimps all over the place :) happy days

whywontyoulisten

I briefly saw a 747 landing once on PS4 (months ago), and it completely crashed the game, so it does happen. f*ck you if you don't believe me. Just another bug to add to the list.

You guys may forget that you can't save the last 15 minutes if the game crashes...

Good point and besides it's not like everyone knows about the record feature. I know a few people that have never used it.

Aprox. location? Time?

NPCs flying isn't anything new, but I've never seen a 747 in GTA O. Info like that could possibly help others track one down if this is a legit sighting.

Edited by TheMcSame