Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,238 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Spider-Vice

RDR Backwards Compatible Coming July 8

Spider-Vice

...for Xbox One

1wtuULAl.jpg

Today we're happy to announce that Red Dead Redemption will be released as part of Microsoft’s Xbox One Backward Compatibility program this coming Friday, July 8th.
Starting on Friday, every Red Dead Redemption Xbox 360 owner will be able to play the game directly on their Xbox One, regardless of which version of the game they own (Red Dead Redemption, Undead Nightmare and Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition). And for those who have yet to experience it, the game will be available to purchase on Friday from the Games Store on Xbox One.

Stay tuned to the Newswire for more details.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52635/red-dead-redemption-on-xbox-one-backward-compatibility

Edited by Spider-Vice

AlienTwo

Damnit, I want this on the PS4.

happygrowls

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Rockstar!!

Now I can finally play Redemption yet again! Seeing as my 360 is a useless piece of space in my room.

BlackScout

:O, that's pretty neat.

Also, new art it seems....

h4vTt43.png

actual_1467740579.jpg

Spider-Vice

Not to get anyone's hopes up, neither mine, but given this was leaked last year in a completely stable state (after all it's just backwards compatible) and then pulled off Xbox Store for months up until now might tell us there might be something else Red Dead related coming in the next few days/weeks... Weird timing when they could've released this AGES ago.

Edited by Spider-Vice

Efreet

I am a PS4 owner, but I wish for X1 players to enjoy their time with the masterpiece. I am a bit happy that Rockstar finally spoke about something other than GTA Online, and I hope to hear about Red Dead 3 soon.

:)

Shadowfennekin

It's about time! That's almost every game I wanted BC now that we got this and New Vegas.

Just waiting for Saints Row 1-3 and GTA IV now. :)

Len Lfc

Not to get anyone's hopes up, neither mine, but given this was leaked last year in a completely stable state (after all it's just backwards compatible) and then pulled off Xbox Store for months up until now might tell us there might be something else Red Dead related coming in the next few days/weeks... Weird timing when they could've released this AGES ago.

While I felt the same, around the time it was accidentally released, then pulled down. I just can't help but feel this is typical Rockstar Games, and their 'hipster' way of doing things. In that it probably means nothing. My hopes certainly aren't getting raised. But it does make you wonder...

SirGrandTheft

Damm I just wish it was on the ps4...

Spider-Vice

While I felt the same, around the time it was accidentally released, then pulled down. I just can't help but feel this is typical Rockstar Games, and their 'hipster' way of doing things. In that it probably means nothing. My hopes certainly aren't getting raised. But it does make you wonder...

R* are bad at releases but when they are it's usually because there are development issues/delays. This is basically a wrapper for a last gen version of an already released game, that's why I find it more suspicious even. But of course, not getting my hopes up, it's just... suspicious.

Karlitoz-E

Any chances of BC on PS4?

PoeticWhisper

Fina-f*cking-ly. I had this downloaded since it was made available months ago. It's just been sitting in my pins waiting for the moment I could continue playing this masterpiece.

YEE HAW BABY, IT'S HIGH NOON MOTHERF*CKER AND I'M GONNA REK MCREE'S WANNA BE JOHN MARSTON ASS.

Edited by PoeticWhisper

kBlaise

I'm saying goodbye to my PS4 because of this. Good job, Microsoft & Rockstar.

Let's hope that Max Payne 3, LA Noire and GTA IV will come eventually as well... "whenever they're ready".

Veroder

Any chances of BC on PS4?

Ain't gonna happen. The PS4 can't run PS3 games natively because the architecture of the system is completely different. The only other option would be emulation, but as far as we know the PS4 simply isn't powerfull enough to emulate a PS3 properly.

Good news for Xbox One owners though. :lol:

Edited by Veroder

Wallykid

"Stay tuned to the Newswire for more details"

I hope they mean PS4/PC too .. i know it has like 5% chance but f*ck it, we can dream at least.

SirGrandTheft

They took their time releasing It for backwards compatability but Playstation need to sort their sh*t out and let us play PS3 games on the PS4..

kBlaise

They took their time releasing It for backwards compatability but Playstation need to sort their sh*t out and let us play PS3 games on the PS4..

It may come to PS Now. That's the best anyone could hope for.

Karlitoz-E

It may come to PS Now. That's the best anyone could hope for.

Isn't PS Now only available in USA?

X S

This is great news. I suspected just like Spider-Vice that they were withholding the game from official release because it was going to coincide with some sort of announcement on a sequel. It just might be all coincidence, but still, I'm just happy at least I can replay this game.

These are the types of games we wanted when they announced BC, so good on them for making due.

Edited by X S

Emmi

They even released an all new artwork for it ... this seems big. Already asked them on twitter to give us this artwork in proper hd resolutions to use as wallpaper. Maybe some of you can ask them too so maybe they release it in one of their upcoming posts? Would be nice, also can't wait for what's coming. Bring it R*!

1wtuULAl.jpg

IG_

I saw this announcement scrolling down on Facebook.

First I saw Rockstar, then Red Dead Redemption, I got f*cked hyped then I saw it was merely backward compatibility for the Xbox One :( Thought for a second that a remaster including PC was coming or that they had announced the next RDR game.

Eh anyways hope Xbox One players enjoy this great game again.

jedijosh920

Time for PC I hope!

Canady117

BUT THE BENZ

dammit R*....or more like, FU SONY?!

seriously, this needs to be on PS4 aswell! f*ck this microsoft bullsh*t....

...oh wait, I know a dude who owns both consoles and doesn't even use the x-bone, since it is boring and got no games. I will ask him to give it to me for a few months, then I buy the game and he can have it to keep later.

good deal, right? or: "R*ONY" simply make it happen and stop f*cking around, that'd be another even greater possibility.

OMG YES! Finally! I can now play this great title again. This has to be my #1 favorite game from R*.

happygrowls

Interesting how it says more details soon?

Like what other details are there to say?

Audiophile

dammit R*....or more like, FU SONY?!

seriously, this needs to be on PS4 aswell! f*ck this microsoft bullsh*t....

...oh wait, I know a dude who owns both consoles and doesn't even use the x-bone, since it is boring and got no games. I will ask him to give it to me for a few months, then I buy the game and he can have it to keep later.

good deal, right? or: "R*ONY" simply make it happen and stop f*cking around, that'd be another even greater possibility.

Your username checks out.

Just for keks: I own both a PS4 (since launch) and Xbox One since April. PS4 has been collecting dust for nearly a year. XBO gets used semi-regularly. It's all preference. Don't start this childish BS m8.

Edited by Audiophile

Spider-Vice

Interesting how it says more details soon?

Like what other details are there to say?

Maybe about multiplayer, but am curious myself. Sudden announcement.

uNi

Might be a temporary exclusive, hopefully.

Gtaman_92

A new Red Dead announcement would be nice.

Edited by Gtaman_92