2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

What car should i buy?

potato_hater

What car should i buy?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Is it the

• Proto X80
    • Pfister 811
    • Vapid FMJ
    • Osiris
    • Reaper

InFrareD Kush

The 811 may have the new highest top speed but it doesnt matter cause the 811 has horrible accelaration. The 811 will win if you are only racing in a straight line. If you are racing any other style of race and have a decent grip on the x80 handling then it will beat the 811 90% of the time. You do have the t20 tho which will beat the x80 out of corners. But you can still beat the t20 with the x80 as well if you get used to the handling.

Op i say just keep saving and buy them all :) get a garage full of the best super cars like all the rich gta people

Edited by InFrareD Kush

potato_hater

The 811 may have the new highest top speed but it doesnt matter cause the 811 has horrible accelaration. The 811 will win if you are only racing in a straight line. If you are racing any other style of race and have a decent grip on the x80 handling then it will beat the 811 90% of the time. You do have the t20 tho which will beat the x80 out of corners. But you can still beat the t20 with the x80 as well if you get used to the handling.

Op i say just keep saving and buy them all :) get a garage full of the best super cars like all the rich gta people

Ouhh damn

Thats gonna take a while but i guess i don't mind :lol:

InFrareD Kush

Ouhh damn

My advice:

Grind the Pacific Standard Finale with some good players. It should only take a day or two with the right team ;)

Edited by InFrareD Kush
  • Like 2

Black-Dragon96

Well it depends on what you want to do with the car. In my opinion you should get a reaper. Yes its not very customisable but its fast enough for most races and the handling is exqusite. You can race along blaine countys mountain roads nearly without breaking.

It has a quite light back if it has no spoiler so you should put a spoiler on it. I use the biggest one. It makes the back a bit heavier so you care able to control the drifts better.

When it raining its not the best choice, but show me a rearwheel drive car that likes rain.

Its a good alround car. If you like the look of it and the handling of the vacca then you should get one of these.

• Like 1

potato_hater

Ouhh damn

My advice:

Grind the Pacific Standard Finale with some good players. It should only take a day or two with the right team ;)

Yeah true but good players are hard to find a lot of my friends don't play gta much anymore :lol:

I'll try though!

Set up some races on your own so that you try them out for yourself. If your preference and bank account match up, buy your favorite. If not, save up more $$$$$.

The best advice in this whole thread yet ignored by everyone. :cookie::cookie:

OP has said he's saving up money anyway so he's looking to buy something with his current money but it should be noted that it all comes down to how bad OP wants a new "top" car, thus the "preference and bank account" comment. Really good way to think, bigraj. Also keep in mind that in GTA you can never have enough money (unless you cheat/grind heists) so you should treat yourself to a new car every now and then.

Can we have a "No Personality" subforum where people asks others what to do can posts as many threads as they want?, just buy whatever the f*ck you want already.

While I mostly agree with you due to how many people have no spine in making their own taste when it comes to cars (and wanting to be accepted among other forum members by tuning their cars to the taste of others like that "customization" help thread, no idea where that one went), OP is asking for suggestions concerning cars that will definitely destroy his bank account. Cars that cost 100K or less is a waste to do a thread for but for cars that, when stock, cost 1mill+ you sort of need suggestions if you don't want to be disappointed with your purchase. Also worth taking into consideration that people may forget they can try the cars (stock) out in a race format which has been suggested to OP multiple times and he appreciates the help. Don't have to be a c*nt about it, mate.

JxyDkrm.jpg

(...just kidding)

Where do I sign to exchange my Infernus for this?! I will seriously do it. There's going to be one happy hillbilly with a flashy new Infernus in his driveway.

Check out broughy's videos b4 your final decision.

Another sound advice. He's the go-to guy for car performance information. His tips apply mostly if you're into racing. If you're not, just take his tips into consideration for freeroam fun/protection, otherwise just look at the cars and see which looks most appealing to cruise in/race friends down the highway in. There was this debate in another thread about how broughy is like "the proof" when it comes to "best new car" and how people now use him to back up arguments. While true, I think his consistent testing on the same track is the perfect benchmark for overall performance of the car. Keep in mind that he is a racer at his core so he won't be the one to look at for car looks (although, personally, it all comes down to taste). Still, doesn't hurt to check his videos out especially when buying a top tier car with insane price tags.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hwkabro/videos

Let us know what choice you made, OP! And please, do NOT let the poll decide for you. Take the comments into consideration, not the numbers.

I personally didn't vote due to not owning any supers apart from the Infernus. I'm poor as well.

Edited by livejoker
  • Like 5

potato_hater

Set up some races on your own so that you try them out for yourself. If your preference and bank account match up, buy your favorite. If not, save up more $$$$$.

The best advice in this whole thread yet ignored by everyone. :cookie::cookie:

OP has said he's saving up money anyway so he's looking to buy something with his current money but it should be noted that it all comes down to how bad OP wants a new "top" car, thus the "preference and bank account" comment. Really good way to think, bigraj. Also keep in mind that in GTA you can never have enough money (unless you cheat/grind heists) so you should treat yourself to a new car every now and then.

Can we have a "No Personality" subforum where people asks others what to do can posts as many threads as they want?, just buy whatever the f*ck you want already.

While I mostly agree with you due to how many people have no spine in making their own taste when it comes to cars (and wanting to be accepted among other forum members by tuning their cars to the taste of others like that "customization" help thread, no idea where that one went), OP is asking for suggestions concerning cars that will definitely destroy his bank account. Cars that cost 100K or less is a waste to do a thread for but for cars that, when stock, cost 1mill+ you sort of need suggestions if you don't want to be disappointed with your purchase. Also worth taking into consideration that people may forget they can try the cars (stock) out in a race format which has been suggested to OP multiple times and he appreciates the help. Don't have to be a c*nt about it, mate.

JxyDkrm.jpg

(...just kidding)

Where do I sign to exchange my Infernus for this?! I will seriously do it. There's going to be one happy hillbilly with a flashy new Infernus in his driveway.

Check out broughy's videos b4 your final decision.

Another sound advice. He's the go-to guy for car performance information. His tips apply mostly if you're into racing. If you're not, just take his tips into consideration for freeroam fun/protection, otherwise just look at the cars and see which looks most appealing to cruise in/race friends down the highway in. There was this debate in another thread about how broughy is like "the proof" when it comes to "best new car" and how people now use him to back up arguments. While true, I think his consistent testing on the same track is the perfect benchmark for overall performance of the car. Keep in mind that he is a racer at his core so he won't be the one to look at for car looks (although, personally, it all comes down to taste). Still, doesn't hurt to check his videos out especially when buying a top tier car with insane price tags.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hwkabro/videos

Let us know what choice you made, OP! And please, do NOT let the poll decide for you. Take the comments into consideration, not the numbers.

I personally didn't vote due to not owning any supers apart from the Infernus. I'm poor as well.

Thank you so much!

And yeah i did my own testing as well, still gonna try them out a bit more to get a feel for everything

And i asked broughy himself :lol: he said the 811 as i already have a t20 for most races, so an 811 would do well on highway races

But yeah its mainly more than racing to be factored in, I'll probably make my decision soon

Every car has its disadvantages and advantages

811 is fast, looks good but bad on racing fmj is hard to drive but has good grip and looks good, osiris doesn't look as good as the rest but its good at racing (then again i have a t20), reaper looks good, easy to drive but bad at racing, and the x80 is just expensive but awesome lol

Thanks once again, whole community seems actually really helpful so thanks guys!

Edited by potato_hater
  • Like 2

oh my gosh I miss Battle Force 5 lol. If only my X80 Proto could turn its front end into a giant ass saw.

What's an ass saw?

Edited by Jehannum

Damn, asking Broughy himself for car advice?! Major props on reaching him, man!

Well please keep us updated and post some pics of your new purchase when that happens! ;)

I also suggest looking in the GTA:Online Vehicles category for the "your car name here" Appreciation thread for ideas on how to customize the look of your new car, if you need inspiration.

Edited by livejoker
  • Like 1

potato_hater

Damn, asking Broughy himself for car advice?! Major props on reaching him, man!

Well please keep us updated and post some pics of your new purchase when that happens! ;)

I also suggest looking in the GTA:Online Vehicles category for the "your car name here" Appreciation thread for ideas on how to customize the look of your new car, if you need inspiration.

Thanks!!

And yeah he replied almost instantly, he's quite a lad

unicornace

Mental cakes ..I totally didn't think the 811 would be doing so well in this poll ..its actually the only one of the choices I own due to the fact that I like slightly more obscure vehicles in the game i.e. everyone was driving around in the X80 which I don't like the look of so I got the 811 which seemed like it was gonna be less popular.

IMO the 811 handles like a dream - much better than the youtubers seem to think it does. If you're a driver you'll like it.

potato_hater

Mental cakes ..I totally didn't think the 811 would be doing so well in this poll ..its actually the only one of the choices I own due to the fact that I like slightly more obscure vehicles in the game i.e. everyone was driving around in the X80 which I don't like the look of so I got the 811 which seemed like it was gonna be less popular.

IMO the 811 handles like a dream - much better than the youtubers seem to think it does. If you're a driver you'll like it.

Tbf i seem to handle it better than a fmj, but compared to the other cars its not gonna do as well on a race track

But yeah im really suprised as well

Cmon op dont just list the boring old cars that everyone has, buy something a little different, thatll turn heads. I recommend either the z type or the dump, two vehicles that are a little unorthodox but also unique and more interesting than most of the cars you see everyone driving in in my humble opinion

potato_hater

Cmon op dont just list the boring old cars that everyone has, buy something a little different, thatll turn heads. I recommend either the z type or the dump, two vehicles that are a little unorthodox but also unique and more interesting than most of the cars you see everyone driving in in my humble opinion

Yeah i can understand but i was mostly considering cars from the recent dlc that i was thinking of trying out, already had a z type as well

Not sure if i had the dump before though :lol:

aaronBLUEeyes

The x80 isn't an option, for you don't have $3M to buy and upgrade it.

Sounds like you already have some super cars.

My advice is you buy nothing, keep playing and earn more cash.

potato_hater

The x80 isn't an option, for you don't have $3M to buy and upgrade it.

Sounds like you already have some super cars.

My advice is you buy nothing, keep playing and earn more cash.

Yeah i could save up for it though

And yeah i have a few supercars

I could just earn cash as well but I'll still be getting one of these cars sooner or later

I like the Dinka Jester. For supers I like the Zentorno and Addler.

Expensive cars can eat up lots of cash which could be used for yacht and swanky properties.

I try not to go below a certain level on cash.

Edited by derek0514

potato_hater

I like the Dinka Jester. For supers I like the Zentorno and Addler.

Expensive cars can eat up lots of cash which could be used for yacht and swanky properties.

I try not to go below a certain level on cash.

Had the adder for two years but i sold it, isn't really good now days with all the other super cars available

Also already have a jester race car

aaronBLUEeyes

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Adder to be the other super that gets the Benny's treatment like what the Cheetah might get since it's inside his shop.

One of the upgrades should be, to make the wing functional and a sick body kit and performance upgrades!

JxyDkrm.jpg

(...just kidding)

"It's a sedan!"

"It's a station wagon!"

"You're both right, friends. It's the new 1958 Declasse Sedation Wagon. Perfect for those long family summer road trips that remind you that you're too poor to afford airfare. Little Betty and Bobby can ride in the "way back" and flip off other divers that are too slow to pass you. Yes, nothing says you're living the American Dream like cruising down the interstate in 3.5 tons of steel with drum brakes"

• Like 4

potato_hater

JxyDkrm.jpg

(...just kidding)

"It's a sedan!"

"It's a station wagon!"

"You're both right, friends. It's the new 1958 Declasse Sedation Wagon. Perfect for those long family summer road trips that remind you that you're too poor to afford airfare. Little Betty and Bobby can ride in the "way back" and flip off other divers that are too slow to pass you. Yes, nothing says you're living the American Dream like cruising down the interstate in 3.5 tons of steel with drum brakes"

:lol::lol:
  • Like 2

oh my gosh I miss Battle Force 5 lol. If only my X80 Proto could turn its front end into a giant ass saw.

What's an ass saw?

My nickname in prison :devil:

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

so....the decision has been made then ?

If you already have a T20, and only have $1.3m, then I wouldn't buy any of 'em.

• Like 2

potato_hater

so....the decision has been made then ?

I'll make the decision soon, gonna sleep cause its quite late over here

If you already have a T20, and only have $1.3m, then I wouldn't buy any of 'em.

Already got 2 million rn
  • Like 2

So how disappointed will you guys be if OP suddenly post pics of his new car and it's the f*cking station wagon? :lol:

Pißwasser Time

JxyDkrm.jpg

(...just kidding)

"It's a sedan!"

"It's a station wagon!"

Not sure about the gas-mileage, but it gets you from point A to point B...(just take your AAA card). And forget the kids mentioned above. There's extra room in the back for picking up a keg of Pißwasser ;)

handcuff_charlie

811 it's the new fastest car in the game.

Not even close, the X80 corners way way better..811 is great for free mode....X80 crushes it in races....along with probably the T20 and Osiris

Grindgrizzly

I've bought all of them except the new 70(yet) I tend to lean towards the 811 little more, easier to weave in and out of traffic, but I still like the proto fun to drive, tend to use it more on missions for transportation though. The reaper was great wish it was a little faster though overall found it handled pretty well for my style with less getting shot area from the rear. Fmj many of you will say something but I hated it, completely disliked it. It sits collecting dust in my garage along with my zentorno turismo etc.

The 811 has terrible customization parts of you ask me, ( especially the bumpers, every one except one looks like a face)

Proto, may not have many elaborate parts but it has a huge potential to make it unique and stand out from the majority( just the colours combos alone)

Fmj wasn't that pleased at all with it with anything tbh( prolly just me) wasn't my cup of tea at all. Although it looks decent just stock

Reaper doesn't even really need anything to customize it, car looks great but limited ability to make it unique.

Personally, in order of favourites 811, t20/proto(tie), reaper, fmj

It all depends on what you are mainly doing in gta honestly, if you have a ps4 add me and I will let you take each one for a rip later and then decide.

Edited by Grindgrizzly
  • Like 1

JxyDkrm.jpg

(...just kidding)

"It's a sedan!"

"It's a station wagon!"

Not sure about the gas-mileage, but it gets you from point A to point B...(just take your AAA card). And forget the kids mentioned above. There's extra room in the back for picking up a keg of Pißwasser ;)

There's room for both!

• Like 1