3. Site Suggestions

LA40_Machete

My Thoughts on Vic Vance

LA40_Machete

He is in my Top 3 favorite GTA Protagonist

1. Niko Bellic

2. Vic Vance

3. Tommy Vercetti

Why did I love his character? Not because he was Dominican like me, (Half Dominican to be exact). But for his actual objective in life.

Playing VCS I saw that his Dominican side would take over his mentality. Us Dominican's, when our family members need help financially, we will go and grind. Wheather it be legal or illegal. But in the process, we begin to want more. Vic didn't have that attitude starting out. He only wanted to help his family but the money and power made him want more.

He is a depictation of any man working hard for his family. Same with Niko but Niko was caught in the cross hairs, so he of course had to do the things he did. Vic started his empire because he wanted to. It may sound confusing to some. Some might not like the fact that I said "Oh, he wanted more."

But just keep in mind, even if he wasn't half Dominican, it would be the same. Who doesn't want more when they know they can achieve it? Exactly, no one. Though his reign came to an abrupt end, I feel that Vic is the original King of Vice City. Tommy of course taking his place after his death. (Some say it wasn't Vic but it only makes sense. Because where was he during Tommy's rise to kingpin?)

Anyway, that is all I wanted to say. Again, I love Vic Vance. He's a balanced character to me.

Let me know your thoughts.

Arsen Vitiuk

Victor is a unique character in ways that he is an honest man having an honest job (soldier), who is forced to turn to crime because of Sergeant Martinez's machinations, as well as his own naivety (like hiding marijuana under his bed and nowhere else). Unlike anyone else, Victor first believes in greater good and acts upon it. Also, unlike all former protagonists, he is an emotional and compassionate person, and the only people he killed deliberately were Diego Mendez and Martinez. Everybody else he kills either in self-defense, in order to protect other ones who are threatened or because the circumstances are forced upon him (that includes Marty, Forbes and Armando)

The way he helps Phil and Louise, and later Umberto, shows that he is not simply doing those jobs for money, but because those people are his friends, probably the only ones in the city. He takes over Marty's businesses because the opportunity presents itself, and because he needed money both for Louise and his brother Pete.

Who ruins Victor's life is Lance. That person is a moron, and I believe it is because Victor was too kind that he did not dump Lance or kill him - and in the end, Lance created more trouble than Victor himself could get into - including the war with Mendez, death of Bryan Forbes, confilct with Bikers and quarrel with Louise - all over Lance's stupidity and a desire to play a "big guy". Bluntly speaking, Lance is the reason why Louise got killed, and even why Victor got killed in 1986 - because if LAnce hadn't stashed the drugs to sell them later, Victor wouldn't get involved.

P.S. Personally, I would hate to have this kind of brother/friend Lance was. I would give anything to get rid of them. Unfortunately, Rockstar ruined an otherwise perfect game by forcing a childish pretender named Lance upon us, and thaat is why VCS is not my first favorite, but second.

LA40_Machete

Victor is a unique character in ways that he is an honest man having an honest job (soldier), who is forced to turn to crime because of Sergeant Martinez's machinations, as well as his own naivety (like hiding marijuana under his bed and nowhere else). Unlike anyone else, Victor first believes in greater good and acts upon it. Also, unlike all former protagonists, he is an emotional and compassionate person, and the only people he killed deliberately were Diego Mendez and Martinez. Everybody else he kills either in self-defense, in order to protect other ones who are threatened or because the circumstances are forced upon him (that includes Marty, Forbes and Armando)

The way he helps Phil and Louise, and later Umberto, shows that he is not simply doing those jobs for money, but because those people are his friends, probably the only ones in the city. He takes over Marty's businesses because the opportunity presents itself, and because he needed money both for Louise and his brother Pete.

Who ruins Victor's life is Lance. That person is a moron, and I believe it is because Victor was too kind that he did not dump Lance or kill him - and in the end, Lance created more trouble than Victor himself could get into - including the war with Mendez, death of Bryan Forbes, confilct with Bikers and quarrel with Louise - all over Lance's stupidity and a desire to play a "big guy". Bluntly speaking, Lance is the reason why Louise got killed, and even why Victor got killed in 1986 - because if LAnce hadn't stashed the drugs to sell them later, Victor wouldn't get involved.

P.S. Personally, I would hate to have this kind of brother/friend Lance was. I would give anything to get rid of them. Unfortunately, Rockstar ruined an otherwise perfect game by forcing a childish pretender named Lance upon us, and thaat is why VCS is not my first favorite, but second.

My thoughts exactly. I think Rockstar wanted to make Lance the comic relief. A accident prone, conceited, Coke head, comic relief. But his attitude only made it more uncomfortable because he just can't refrain from f*cking up, because he knows his brother would be there to save him.

But Lance is also an EXTREMELY evil genius. Just hear me out on this.

What if Lance set up Vic to get killed by Diaz, to use that "excuse" to go after Diaz and his empire.

Where does Tommy come in? Maybe Lance was the one to convince Sonny Forelli to take part in the drug trafficking in Vice, knowing he'd send his best men... Tommy being one of them.

Knowing that with Tommy, he could achieve his goal and play "Best Friend" with Tommy.

Prior to all that, we all know he was working for Diaz under a false name. To study his target and wait for the right tie to strike.

And at the moment Tommy trusted Lance and saw him as a friend, that was the right time to strike, by getting himself caught by Diaz as a "revenge" mission for Vic's death.

Being compromised by the enemy, the stuck with full force taking Diaz's empire.

Lance achieved his objective but he was still Number 2. Waiting for the right time to be Number 1.

Teaming up with Sonny Forelli and turns on Tommy at the most crucial moment.

Of course he fails. But what if he had all of that planned since day one?

I think it would make sense. He always more than he could bite.

GamesBoy316

I like Vic, he's a good protagonist. I felt bad for him when he was kicked out of the military because of Martinez. I like how he was the type of man who would do anything to help his family.

Arsen Vitiuk

What if Lance set up Vic to get killed by Diaz, to use that "excuse" to go after Diaz and his empire.

Where does Tommy come in? Maybe Lance was the one to convince Sonny Forelli to take part in the drug trafficking in Vice, knowing he'd send his best men... Tommy being one of them.

Knowing that with Tommy, he could achieve his goal and play "Best Friend" with Tommy.

Prior to all that, we all know he was working for Diaz under a false name. To study his target and wait for the right tie to strike.

And at the moment Tommy trusted Lance and saw him as a friend, that was the right time to strike, by getting himself caught by Diaz as a "revenge" mission for Vic's death.

Being compromised by the enemy, the stuck with full force taking Diaz's empire.

Lance achieved his objective but he was still Number 2. Waiting for the right time to be Number 1.

Teaming up with Sonny Forelli and turns on Tommy at the most crucial moment.

Of course he fails. But what if he had all of that planned since day one?

Possible, though improbable. First of all, Lance is a moron - as in, his intellectual level is far low to fetch a scheme like this. Second, he always acts like a grandeur - wanting more than he could bite, as you said. And third, he'd risk his own life way too often - and if it was a calculated risk for him, then he is a moron once again, as he does not know Tommy well, and Tommy could possibly act another way than Lance predicted. Asides from that, Tommy's existence is unknown to Lance prior to 1986, and I doubt that he would find out about the Forellis wanting to buy drugs any earlier than Cortez approaching the brothers.

However, if he really hatched this scheme (and I said it is probable, yet we will never get it onfirmed), then that is one more reason to hate him and kill him with sheer pleasure during "Keep Your Friends Close"

Journey_95

He was just too nice for a GTA protagonist imho. Just seemed inconsistent. Dude wasn't a fan of drugs and criminals then proceeds to take over VC and build a big criminal empire.

FRANKLINCLINTON2
Vic Vance should be RESPECTEDbecause he is not addicted with drugs or bad things

--Vega--

I wouldn't consider Vic a GREAT protag of the series, but he was pretty likeable nonetheless, at least as a person. Some of the soft parts got stale and the relationship with that trailer trash woman got pretty corny, but him and Lance meshed pretty good (as older/younger sibling fighting).

He was a least A LOT more memorable than Toni Cipriani from LCS, who is probably the most forgettable protagonist in the series. I don't even think most people remember who he was.

gluserty

I like Vic Vance due to him being pretty level-headed character, considering that he didn't plan to be a big shot criminal and attempted a more high-minded approach to make his way initially. Sure, he was a serious guy, but he was facing serious obstacles (being kicked out of the army, dealing with Marty, taking the reins of Umberto's crew, Bryan Forbes, The Mendez brothers, the arrival of Lance), and he didn't have the time for a lot of laughs. I mean, most of the characters he came across were pretty bent, and Lance was a mistake waiting to happen. Like Niko in GTA IV, the player kind of had to have the fun for him.

PhillBellic

Victor Vance is my favourite Protagonist of the 3D Era. He had to do what he did in order to survive in VC.

FRANKLINCLINTON2
Vic Vance,Claude Speed,CJ is all gta fan s favourite protagonist,They are very good and innocent,I dont know about Tommy Vercetti