1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Raiding players warehouses should be a option and not only for npc

SaltyGTAFMember

SaltyGTAFMember

This shouldn't only be npcs, players should be able also to raid warehouses.

It adds immersions to the game-mode and make rival CEO business more pvp on foot.

Or even set up a bomb and blow up the rival delivering their crates!

Example:

20451ecneps

Meh, people would still use Hydras and Savages.

And even if they didn't, they'd probably blow them up rather than steal them anyway.

That's the only problem I could see with this being a thing.

Many threads been made about this already I think.

The problem with this would be setting it up - chances are there could be several people with the same warehouse in a lobby, so how to you distinguish which one you attack?

And even if they didn't, they'd probably blow them up rather than steal them anyway.

Yep, look at haulage, objective is steal trailer, people still try blowing it up even though you can't.

Edited by Mr_Zombly
  • Like 1

SaltyGTAFMember

The problem with this would be setting it up - chances are there could be several people with the same warehouse in a lobby, so how to you distinguish which one you attack?

You have to request a raid on X and it starts out as when you get near the warehouse it will alert the owner who is raiding.

This is not a hydra replacement method, but adds more to gameplay then siting in a ER friendly object.

FlacidJack

"Hey boss, I spotted a rival CEO entering our warehouse on the video feed, you should probably pause and find a new session for the eighty sixth time today"

• Like 3

Same thing as selecting which apartment or which office to buzz.

Select which warehouse to raid.

Yeah, I'm surprised that on the "Summary Page", you can't click on the other organisation's names and interact with them from there, for example with challenges or as the OP suggests - raids.

Taintedsoul_x

lets be real most douchebags would be camping outside people's warehouses.

nWo_Y2J_2015

Like they said, too many downsides. Also, I have yet for any NPC's to raid my warehouses. lol

Hellbendzor

I think there's already more than enough griefing and people acting like complete assholes in the game.

Bad idea. The warehouse should remain a safe harbour for crates... The rush to that safe place while carrying crates is more than thrilling enough...The NPC are more than enough threat...No need for more douchebags.. :-)

• Like 1

I think there's already more than enough griefing and people acting like complete assholes in the game.

Bad idea. The warehouse should remain a safe harbour for crates... The rush to that safe place while carrying crates is more than thrilling enough...The NPC are more than enough threat...No need for more douchebags.. :-)

I have to pretty much agree with everything wrote.

While the adrenaline rush to get crates back or to get to the sale point when selling stuff is a real bonus to the update, the sheer number of toolbags that come flocking are more than enough to deal with.

I played Hostile Takeover four times last night, and I lost the first three times because of how many other players got involved.

The last time, I planned everything out and did it without interference, but I had to laugh – every player seemed to come hunting!

And of course, the cops were there, too. <sigh>

• Like 1

Nah. I would just change sessions as soon as any kind of notification I was being robbed appeared. Not that i play in populated public sessions anyway. Solo public lobbies ftw!

• Like 1

afriendlyreddot

YEAH, lets give more asshats and rocket spamming fktards another reason to stroke themselves to sleep at night because they "got" someone good.

- No thanks.

• Like 1

fakebasedjo

I wouldn't mind the option for players to steal my crates from me as I'm transporting them, but going into warehouses is a no

The only way it'd be fair is if you had to pay half the sell value of the warehouse up front and if you fail not only do you not get that money back, it goes to the CEO you attacked. Stealing would also require driving the slowest, most fragile vehicles across 3/4 of the map while the game constantly pings your location and antagonizes others to destroy your stolen cargo.

I think there'd be a lot in the way of this, and it might push people into empty sessions even more than they already are. I mean, how are you meant to get anything done if you've always got to be guarding your warehouse?

I would prefer that we can just steal the crates of people who are doing crate collection missions (instead of destroying them). That way, no one's tied down to guarding their base.

Also, I'd like the old, old crate drops to return - as special items for us to take back to our warehouses. That could be great.

I do get the general vibe of this idea though, and I do think it sounds fun on paper. But I think it wouldn't work out.

SaltyGTAFMember

I think there'd be a lot in the way of this, and it might push people into empty sessions even more than they already are. I mean, how are you meant to get anything done if you've always got to be guarding your warehouse?

I would prefer that we can just steal the crates of people who are doing crate collection missions (instead of destroying them). That way, no one's tied down to guarding their base.

Also, I'd like the old, old crate drops to return - as special items for us to take back to our warehouses. That could be great.

I do get the general vibe of this idea though, and I do think it sounds fun on paper. But I think it wouldn't work out.

No thanks, don't need more profit for some that cheat their way into solo sessions.

There is a thread on stealing, this is a thread adding more pvp options with ceo making ground combat viable .

No thanks, don't need more profit for some that cheat their way into solo sessions.

There is a thread on stealing, this is a thread adding more pvp options with ceo making ground combat viable .

Just letting my thoughts flow out. No hate there. Good vibes.

thesentient

Yep, look at haulage, objective is steal trailer, people still try blowing it up even though you can't.

I actually used this to my advantage the other day. I covered the trailer in C4 and when someone innevitably came to stop me, I blew him up when he got close. I then proceeded to stop and hop out to snipe him. First kill spawned him quite a ways away I was able to drive it to the end.

I have to pretty much agree with everything wrote.

While the adrenaline rush to get crates back or to get to the sale point when selling stuff is a real bonus to the update, the sheer number of toolbags that come flocking are more than enough to deal with.

I played Hostile Takeover four times last night, and I lost the first three times because of how many other players got involved.

The last time, I planned everything out and did it without interference, but I had to laugh every player seemed to come hunting!

And of course, the cops were there, too. <sigh>

I've never lost hostile takeover in a long time, just take an Insurgent and sticky any car that comes close to you, but never start while there's a hydra in the air