4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

The Best Place in Liberty City

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Let's Vote!  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which Place Did You Like The Most in Liberty City?

2. 2. What About Small Islands?

PhillBellic

Alderney is trash in comparison to the other 'areas', though.

Really? Why do you say that?

slimeball supreme

Really? Why do you say that?Well, it's a heavily condensed version of NJ that doesn't really get up to task. There are a couple of gems, sure, Acter and Berchem are nice - but it feels like there aren't much unique things there. Overall it's just this bland mess.

Granted, it's still a good area - but if you compare it to everywhere else on the map, it really pales in comparison.

Edited by Mr. Fahrenheit

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png

PhillBellic

Really? Why do you say that?
Well, it's a heavily condensed version of NJ that doesn't really get up to task. There are a couple of gems, sure, Acter and Berchem are nice - but it feels like there isn't aren't much unique things there. Overall it's just this bland mess.

Granted, it's still a good area - but if you compare it to everywhere else on the map, it really pales in comparison.

New Alderney is my favourite Area in the Map. I love it, warts and all. :^:

Uncle Vlad

I partially agree. The airport area took too very much space, it feels to me that Dukes suffered from that. But there are still some very nice spots in Dukes, although they´re a bit small.

Algonquin Assassin

My biggest gripe with Dukes is the lack of a safehouse. It's the only area Niko doesn't get one at any point.

• Like 3

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

PhillBellic

My biggest gripe with Dukes is the lack of a safehouse. It's the only area Niko doesn't get one at any point.

What about Broker? After they are flamed out, there's nothing on that Duo-Borough.

What about Broker? After they are flamed out, there's nothing on that Duo-Borough.

At least, you can still save two cars.

Edited by Phnx.
  • Like 1

Uncle Vlad

We should get the Savannah Avenue house after smoking out the drug dealers in "Concrete Jungle". Nice area and close to Packie and Kate.

• Like 2

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Uncle Vlad.

I roger that. Sorry.

Uncle Vlad

Uncle Vlad.

I roger that. Sorry.

Just replied to your PM. That was totally a misunderstanding. That

Yeah, anybody should stop replying to his posts. It isn´t getting us anywhere. Every reply just increases his ego and shrinks your wiener.

wasn´t adressed to you or your posts/topics, I wanted to agree with Midnight Hitman that people should stop replying to Osho´s rants, because it will lead to nothing.

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding. Go on with your polls, I like them. :^:

Edited by Uncle Vlad

The Rockstar Gamer 108

I liked Alderney too. A good representation of New Jersey.

I always had a ride in Tudor and Acter.

Uncle Vlad.

I roger that. Sorry.

Just replied to your PM. That was totally a misunderstanding. That

Yeah, anybody should stop replying to his posts. It isn´t getting us anywhere. Every reply just increases his ego and shrinks your wiener.

wasn´t adressed to you or your posts/topics, I wanted to agree with Midnight Hitman that people should stop replying to Osho´s rants, because it will lead to nothing.

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding. Go on with your polls, I like them. :^:

Sorry to you too friend.

Uncle Vlad

Everything´s fine, pal. Misunderstandings can happen anytime. :)

Alderney is a nice place, I love cruising through Westdyke and Leftwood at night while listening to "The Journey". I also like the Alderney safehouse. A nice spot to hide away from all the trouble in LC for a few days.

Jeansowaty

I don't have any specific area, I love the whole map :p

DhF4CUK7S5mrQmZkTLK8DA.png

Well, I like the whole map honestly. Algonquin mostly, I like to mess around in Middle Park making people fall to the lake throwing their own cigars at em, watch Star Junction at night, the Happiness Island, etc.

Bohan is a nice little place too.

Edited by Voggs
  • Like 1

The Rockstar Gamer 108

I always feel that Bohan is a Clumsy Place. I Did'nt like it at all. Dukes is a cool place but not a good representation of Queens. There's a good representation of Queens in Prototype 2.

HaythamKenway

New Alderney represent!

Well, it's a heavily condensed version of NJ that doesn't really get up to task. There are a couple of gems, sure, Acter and Berchem are nice - but it feels like there aren't much unique things there. Overall it's just this bland mess.

That is true, however. Alderney doesn't have much in the way of truly unique landmarks or particulary strong art style and atmosphere. Dukes has the area east of the Meadows Park and Steinway, Broker has Hove Beach and BOABO, Bohan has South Bohan, Algonquin... yeah, I don't need to say anything here. Alderney is really vanilla compared to the other boroughs. The others are more distinctive, cohesive.

The island has some really great variety, though. You have the suburbs, the financial district, several residential districts, the docks, large industrial districts, abandoned run-down factories, lower class housing in Acter, the prison, the Plumbers Skyway... the whole lot, really nicely compressed in an Algonquin-sized area. So I guess I like it for the same condensing you dislike it for. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And nice of you to give some love to the little islands, DIze. Colony Island is my favorite of the three, I think. The smallpox hospital, the small projects, the cable car, Algonquin Bridge just overhead. I've always liked little, out-of-sight, out-of-mind places like this in GTAs.

Edited by HaythamKenway
  • Like 3

slimeball supreme

There's a good representation of Queens in Prototype 2.

Queens isn't in Prototype 2, that's Brooklyn and Staten Island.

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png

I'm not sure which one is the best because they all make the map the way it is. But I do have a preference for Broker, Colony Island and Alderney.

• Like 1

PhillBellic

New Alderney represent!

Well, it's a heavily condensed version of NJ that doesn't really get up to task. There are a couple of gems, sure, Acter and Berchem are nice - but it feels like there aren't much unique things there. Overall it's just this bland mess.

That is true, however. Alderney doesn't have much in the way of truly unique landmarks or particulary strong art style and atmosphere. Dukes has the area east of the Meadows Park and Steinway, Broker has Hove Beach and BOABO, Bohan has South Bohan, Algonquin... yeah, I don't need to say anything here. Alderney is really vanilla compared to the other boroughs. The others are more distinctive, cohesive.

The island has some really great variety, though. You have the suburbs, the financial district, several residential districts, the docks, large industrial districts, abandoned run-down factories, lower class housing in Acter, the prison, the Plumbers Skyway... the whole lot, really nicely compressed in an Algonquin-sized area. So I guess I like it for the same condensing you dislike it for. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And nice of you to give some love to the little islands, DIze. Colony Island is my favorite of the three, I think. The smallpox hospital, the small projects, the cable car, Algonquin Bridge just overhead. I've always liked little, out-of-sight, out-of-mind places like this in GTAs.

Great Post, Haytham.

I have said quite frequently in the past that Rockstar did not develop New Alderney to the best of their ability. Additionally, due to improper Implementation of 'C&J's' this does not help in giving that Region its own distinct Character. Furthermore, due to its relatively small size, this hampered the overall quality of that portion of the Map. I feel that if it was twice its current size, there would be a much better characterisation of the immediate New Jersey Metropolitan Area.

• Like 2

Femme Fatale

Algonquin and Happiness Island...

• Like 1

The Rockstar Gamer 108

And nice of you to give some love to the little islands, DIze.

Oh, thank you Haytham. Nobody said me that since I joined the forums.

• Like 2

GamesBoy316

I like the whole map, but Broker and Algonquin are really good. Broker has things like Hove Beach, the airport, Dukes, and it's the place where Niko first stepped on. Then, Algonquin really gives a feeling of being in a city with Star Junction, Middle Park, all the buildings, taxis/yellow cars, and a few other things.

Edited by GamesBoy316

RandompedestrianfromLC

Broker and bohan. Hove is the best.

I really didn't care for any of them, but Algonquin would get my vote as it is the most excitable region of the game. Dukes was close to pointless and barely even included in the storyline.. just the McReary House area.

As far as the mini-islands, none, as they are too small to even consider good or bad.

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Algonquin and Happiness Island...

Same pinch!

I partially agree. The airport area took too very much space, it feels to me that Dukes suffered from that. But there are still some very nice spots in Dukes, although they´re a bit small.

Being honest here, ever since III the airports always were too big when compared to the rest of the map, mainly because R* tends follow realistic proportions when designing the airports to accomodate the airplanes that lands there, while the rest of the city is very compact only to resemble key areas of the real life cities they used.

The only exception I can think of is the airport at Las Venturas in SA which I remember being very small and bland.

(of course I'm not taking in consideration the airports in the countrysides)