3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

stef_92

Original Catalina is hotter than Xbox/Mobile Catalina

stef_92

Am I the only one here who thinks that Rockstar Vienna just ruined Catalina's look by making her Xbox model and textures. She has a flat chest, ugly necklace, ugly bra texture... even those tattoos and thong can't help it to make her look hotter. And I thought that Xbox textures were supposed to have higher resolution.. why her textures are so ugly and low res?
PC version Catalina looks the best for me.
nqqu5x.png
Image credits go to GTA Wiki.

Arsen Vitiuk

In my opinion, the best Catalina is the original one (PS2). She looks much more badass and sinister than her PC or Xbox counterpart, in which it is clear she is "evil" just by the look of her face. What I can not understand is Rockstar "improving" things in-between ports - something that, in the end, ruins the game instead of making it better.

Andreaz1

something that, in the end, ruins the game instead of making it better.

Incredibly subjective, don't post things as facts when they are purely based on opinion.

stef_92

What I can not understand is Rockstar "improving" things in-between ports - something that, in the end, ruins the game instead of making it better.

I refuse to agree on that one. Besides Catalina being ruined, all other character models/textures were greatly improved. I like them a lot. They simply have the same look but with high resolution textures and models. Well some characters like Maria have just a little bit different clothing textures but it's not something that changes her completely (like Catalina).

And also - how come reducing woman's breasts can be considered an improvement? :D

Big_Smiley

What I can not understand is Rockstar "improving" things in-between ports - something that, in the end, ruins the game instead of making it better.

I refuse to agree on that one. Besides Catalina being ruined, all other character models/textures were greatly improved. I like them a lot. They simply have the same look but with high resolution textures and models. Well some characters like Maria have just a little bit different clothing textures but it's not something that changes her completely (like Catalina).

And also - how come reducing woman's breasts can be considered an improvement? :D

Wasn't Catalina not wearing a thong in the mobile version? Lmao! Wtf R*? Don't know where they got that idea from :lol: Edited by GTA_The_Series

M0rk

i agree, catalina in the mobile/xbox version is a thot

Edited by Marky

Fooking Rekt

i agree, catalina in the mobile/xbox version is a thot

Agreed

Arsen Vitiuk

Incredibly subjective, don't post things as facts when they are purely based on opinion.

In case you hadn't noticed, this whole topic is based on opinion, biased is even a better word. What I expressed was my personal opinion on the matter - which you may not agree with.

I failed to miss whether you agree or disagree. Your last sentence confuses me... Edited by Arsen Vitiuk

Big_Smiley

In case you hadn't noticed, this whole topic is based on opinion, biased is even a better word. What I expressed was my personal opinion on the matter - which you may not agree with.

I refuse to agree on that one. Besides Catalina being ruined, all other character models/textures were greatly improved. I like them a lot. They simply have the same look but with high resolution textures and models. Well some characters like Maria have just a little bit different clothing textures but it's not something that changes her completely (like Catalina).And also - how come reducing woman's breasts can be considered an improvement? :D

I failed to miss whether you agree or disagree. Your last sentence confuses me... Well, he may be referring that the mobile version of Catalina has flat tits (lmao) And it's not considered an improvment by changing character models by making them look worse than the older versions of those modles (like Catalina obviously) Same thing happened with Claudes face in the Xbox/mobile version where they changed his facial features. I personally did not like how Claude looked after the Xbox version came out nor with the mobile version. Looks kinda whack not sure how to describe it :/ Love his original face in the Ps2/PC version of the game.

stef_92

I failed to miss whether you agree or disagree. Your last sentence confuses me...

I disagree that R* ruined the game by trying to improve the textures/models. And than I wanted to explain that they ruined Catalina only - all other characters look just fine for me. Her Xbox (and mobile, since it's from the xbox version) model and textures are awful and they removed her boobs. That's what I wanted to say and that's what this topic is all about.

I personally did not like how Claude looked after the Xbox version came out nor with the mobile version. Looks kinda whack not sure how to describe it :/ Love his original face in the Ps2/PC version of the game.

I also agree on that one - PC version Claude has a better face. But compared to Catalina's change - i can overlook that. But maybe R* reduced Claude's d**k size, who knows. Edited by stef_92

Arsen Vitiuk

I disagree that R* ruined the game by trying to improve the textures/models. And than I wanted to explain that they ruined Catalina only - all other characters look just fine for me. Her Xbox (and mobile, since it's from the xbox version) model and textures are awful and they removed her boobs. That's what I wanted to say and that's what this topic is all about.

We agree to disagree on that one. I believe that a game as it was released is a piece of art, no matter how full of errors or how imperfect it is. Improvements to the gameplay that result in reducing the bugs and errors to make the game "more playable" is acceptable, to a certain measure. Improving textures, models etc "just because we can" - thing that Rockstar always does - is unacceptable in my book. You may believe different.

I also agree on that one - PC version Claude has a better face. But compared to Catalina's change - i can overlook that. But maybe R* reduced Claude's d**k size, who knows.

Laughed on that one. I also like the PS2 face, and in no way is the Xbox version better. Edited by Arsen Vitiuk

Big_Smiley

We agree to disagree on that one. I believe that a game as it was released is a piece of art, no matter how full of errors or how imperfect it is. Improvements to the gameplay that result in reducing the bugs and errors to make the game "more playable" is acceptable, to a certain measure. Improving textures, models etc "just because we can" - thing that Rockstar always does - is unacceptable in my book. You may believe different.

I also agree on that one - PC version Claude has a better face. But compared to Catalina's change - i can overlook that. But maybe R* reduced Claude's d**k size, who knows.

Laughed on that one. I also like the PS2 face, and in no way is the Xbox version better. Nor the mobile version. Claude doesn't look like the Claude i played as a kid back in the day (and still do) III on the Ps2 is hella of fun. I'm far too stuck in nostalgia :D Anyway just look at my signature below... That's how the original Claude is supposed to look like. Not some weirdo sh*t they did with the Xbox/mobile ports. Edited by GTA_The_Series

Jeansowaty

Never cared about that bitch. Wouldn't even touch her with a stick either way. All she deserves is a shotgun to the face.

PhillBellic

I liked her San Andreas 'form'. She was feisty there.

Eugene H. Krabs

She looked so sinister and hot in 2001.

But what was with her in 1992?

30a18bf6197c4a649d525d8312f4c63e.png

:blink::barf:

Irrational

Now, I like Claude's face in Xbox/Mobile, his angry expression fits the whole revenge plot.

I think Catalina's new look is a bit too slutish, but not bad either.

@Arse Vitiuk

The reason why I think it's justifiable for them to make changes is that, for example, the people who bought an Original Xbox back in the day paid more than the ones who bought a PS2, if they paid more, they should get more, it's only fair.

Same thing with the PC versions nowadays, they're almost always the best.

Edited by Irrational

Lancerator

I'm probably one of those fews who likes Catalina :lol: , I really like womans with a lot of guts like her, also, she's the hotter (IMO) woman in GTA series (after Candy SUXXX ofc).

I'll go for the Xbox version.

Indy007

Am I the only one here who thinks that Rockstar Vienna just ruined Catalina's look by making her Xbox model and textures. She has a flat chest, ugly necklace, ugly bra texture... even those tattoos and thong can't help it to make her look hotter. And I thought that Xbox textures were supposed to have higher resolution.. why her textures are so ugly and low res?

nqqu5x.png

I'm all for the original version. I totally forgot about that version of her since I've never played the game in HD before and haven't played the game since probably years ago. Thanks for posting the original image of her! Looks much better, albeit without the details of HD. And she looks a lot more like she does in SA.

Edited by Indy007

Helegad

I prefer her PS2 look. She looks subtly evil, but like a normal person, and a foil to Claude. PC is okay, I'm not a fan of the hair though. Xbox is awful, she looks like a whore. Are those blue strips on her necklace supposed to be beads and the black is a broken alpha?

Edited by Helegad

Paisan™

On the PS2 version she looks more serious and means business!

My personal fav is the PC version because she is more detailed (and more hot lol) and I personally like her hairstyle better.

The mobile/Xbox version is crap. I personally don't like her blue necklace BUT it does suit the Cartel theme a lot more since the Cartel members were wearing blue shirts and blue hats etc etc

SpooferJahk

Prefer her PC design with that fringe, she looks meaner and serious in the PS2 original but I kinda like the small 2000's style added to her in the design for the PC model.

ThatKyloRenGuy

Yet another reason I only play Xbox! :D

ThatKyloRenGuy
55 minutes ago, Am Shaegar said:

She has a ten year age gap in between those two games, and maybe that's the reason. 

Nine year age gap actually..

SanLiberty
On 6/30/2016 at 4:32 PM, stef_92 said:

nqqu5x.png

Wait, what the f*ck? The PS2 Catalina looks like that? Ugly. I like the other models better.

Evil empire

Her PS2 version looks too blurred but it's my favorite because like others wrote she looks more evil and these dark clothes serve her right.

The PC version is good but the haircut is less good and the blue clothes don't make her look as dark.

The XBox model looks like a whore and the smaller boobs suck, at least IMO.

Lioshenka

WTH! Please tell me that the picture on the right is not an Xbox Catalina? That's a major flatchested downgrade from the other two.

Big_Smiley
23 hours ago, Lioshenka said:

WTH! Please tell me that the picture on the right is not an Xbox Catalina? That's a major flatchested downgrade from the other two.

Can't believe this thread is still going on, lol. Yes indeed It's the Xbox Catalina on the far right. The exact same one from the mobile version aswell. The middle is PC, and the first is PS2 as others noticed she looks quite different in the first version of gta 3.

Edited by Big_Smiley
*Edit*

gtafaninwest

Idk why C* felt the need to keep changing her appearance. Her original form is much better.

xxnooblyxx(temp ban)

Is there a mod to restore the PS2 model?

Beato_dim

PC model is the best. But I kinda like the hairstyle in the PS2 version.