3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Karls

If R* remastered IV, what should they keep and what should they add/re

NumaYay

How did the enraged citizen Osho get out of his cage again?

Not a single post in the IV section where he does NOT try to provoke. And don't come with "I just tell you my opinion" again - you provoke and hate, and you know that. Just like you did in the V section back then.

Edited by NumaYay

-Voron-

Im a gun nut and huge fan of ragdolls so here is the list:

-Ragdolls of Max Payne 3 but more optimized for gta type of game where bullets arent the only things hitting you

-Wound enter/exit effects and models + blood effects like Max Payne 3 had

-Weapon sounds that arent too realistic but between "realism" and "fun" for example GTA IV or Max Payne 3 where guns sounds just realistic enough ! (i know ur gonna laugh at it but Saints Row 3 gun sounds are my favorite...i know they arent realistic but its just awesome)

-Detailed weapon mechanisms. Like GTA V has where chamber moves, magazine actually moves when reloading and all that tasty stuff.

-MOST WANTED for me is the goddamn sexy bullet shells! yes...bullet shells..i just find it really good i dont know how to explain but i want bullet shells to look real! for example max payne 3 again and stay on the ground for longer. Also make each gun use real bullet type that actually matches its real life counterpart. ( in gta iv , shells that exit assault rifles are 9mm pistol shells...)

-Max Payne 3 style muzzleflashes

-Melee weapon animations of GTA V. They feel real as f*ck.

- Gun Combat of Max Payne 3

-And at last...Keep the GTA IV motion blur ;)

M0rk

A working pc version that doesnt run like dogsh*t

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

I highly doubt that R* have any plans to remaster the game anytime whatsoever, but I'll state mine anyway.

While we all can think of minor stuff that could've been added or removed, I wanna focus on some specific issues that get on my nerves, especially as a TLAD fan.

So, does this include Episodes From Liberty City?

Because, The Lost could use some enhancements in The Lost and Damned, in order to bring them back to their roots that were set for them in the original game. The generic free roam bikers used to be some scarred, meth addicted and bearded outlaws who spoke redneck accents and carried Confederate battle flags. But with the release of The Lost and Damned, R* decided to give them some punk rocker vibe and show them as the lesser of the two evils by turning half of the members into clean, young boys who didn't use any Confederate references anymore, and were also shaved and too modern fashioned in order to look "cool", because for some reason a lot of people would've found the rough, redneck rebel biker style boring. It's obvious that they didn't intend to go for it so early, especially giving the fact that most of their voice lines were recorded with redneck accents that weren't much different from those from the standard IV game. I was surprised when I heard some of those clean, skinny boys sounding like classic redneck bikers. But looking back into some pre-release previews, the Lost bikers from the original game were intended to be used before they considered expanding the number of models.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

Euri13

They should add the half fingerless gloves. That's the most important thing missing in the game.

Jack Lupino
Posted (edited)

-First person mod both driving and in person and have better reloading

animations in weapons

-remove the ugly brown/grey filter and make it look similar to icenhancer mod

-Improve the aiming and slow cover system ,make the animations like sprinting more smoother and less clunky

-Fix the vehicle handling issues so every cars don't have same suspensions(make the sports cars driving like banshee and infernus more arcady)

-Make the phone camera useful so photos can be captured and saved in gallery(like SA & V),

ability to buy a new phone, listen to radio in phone

-Add beta weapons like slienced 9MM pistol and cue stick

-Add an additional clothing shop for casual clothing

Edited by Jack Lupino

billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Euri13 said:

They should add the half fingerless gloves. That's the most important thing missing in the game.

Came here to say this 😛

Seeing as it won't happen here's a dream wishlist to make the game even more perfect

- Keep combat exactly the same except add in the ability to slap people

- Allow the dialogue volume to be adjusted separately from other sounds

- Add a safehouse (that you can keep) somewhere in Broker or Dukes 

- Ability to replay missions and random encounters (with the opening cutscene included unlike in TBOGT)

- Ability to save photos on the camera

- Add an actually good reward for getting all the pigeons (the gloves would do nicely)

- Ability to be stealthy/sneak up on people and a silenced pistol (good for certain missions and pigeon hunting)

- Get paid for Most Wanted/Vigilante or some other reward for completing them, a cop outfit that lets you enter restricted areas or something

- Remove friend's like/respect percentage going down as a result of saying no to hanging out with them or calling them when they're asleep, also remove time limit on travelling to meet them (cuz then you could enjoy a leisurely drive to meet them or take the subway). And repeat the hanging out dialogues after you've gone through them all instead of just silence from then on

- Make Bernie Crane a friend

- Make the sounds coming out of the house when Niko goes in for "hot coffee" less dumb (ie not just the sound of a woman shouting three phrases on repeat) lol

- Ferry service, to Happiness Island etc

- Ability to buy cars from the car website

- Ragdoll button

- Parachutes

- Busses driving around

- Open Comrades Bar and other locked interiors plus add some new ones eg an enterable police station

- Infinite taxi missions after Roman reopens the business - also give the reopened business a location

- Make robbing shops more of a thing

- Make it possible to grab/climb up all the annoying fire escape stairs that are close enough to the ground that you should be able to do that but it won't let you for some reason

- Only hold not tap the button to sprint

- Nothing crazy but a little bit of car customization and ability to change hairstyle and some extra clothing - also make selecting clothing easier than having to slowly go through the entire wardrobe

Perfect!

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Hmmm nice bike
  • Allow radio stations to cross between IV and EFLC. That way, you can listen to Vice City FM as Niko and The Vibe as Luis (since, for those of us who only ever played the episodes via EFLC, several of IV's radio stations are not present).
  • Cross weapons between EFLC and IV. There's no reason that Niko can't buy or at least find and pick up the M60 or grenade launcher.
  • Cross all vehicles between IV and EFLC
  • Let Niko and Johnny use parachutes
  • More crisp graphics instead of the strange vaseline blur everything had over it, and get rid of the brown filter since it just makes everything look ugly
  • Allow us to actually save pictures with the phone camera
  • Introduce the Rockstar Editor like how V on the consoles had.
  • First person option
  • Fingerless gloves

George Costanza
14 minutes ago, Hmmm nice bike said:

Allow us to actually save pictures with the phone camera 

having same phone system as in V, aka when someone shoots u, niko wont put it in pocket.

But this is all dream. Best u can hope for is straightish port with PC textures.

Hmmm nice bike
1 minute ago, George Costanza said:

having same phone system as in V, aka when someone shoots u, niko wont put it in pocket.

But this is all dream. Best u can hope for is straightish port with PC textures.

Oh yeah, nothing was worse than wanting to listen to an important story-related phone call, and all of a sudden a bullet hits Niko and he just hangs up (and he also can't run to avoid the gunfire since he suddenly decides to slow down to walk nicely during the call).

I would have even been happy with a port, too, instead of just a remaster. Something to let us play it on the PS4.

iiCriminnaaL 49
29 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

Even Vice City Stories on mobile is very unlikely. So, little to no hope for both.

American Venom
22 hours ago, Jack Lupino said:

-remove the ugly brown/grey filter and make it look similar to icenhancer mod

Am I the only one who isn't a big fan of the icenhancer mod? Everytime I've seen videos on Youtube it makes the game look really weird like it's trying way too hard to be photo-realistic. Yeah the brown/grey filter isn't to everyones' liking, but IMO removing that would remove its unique identity.

The rustic browns, greys etc go perfectly with the seasonal period GTA IV's set (Autumn/Winter). I can't picture it with anything else. 

George Costanza

if anything, let the game look like TBOGT, since that doesnt have any color filter and looks natural.

Failure
Posted (edited)

Add cop cars for the Alderney PD.

Edited by Failure

Jeansowaty

Merge EFLC features with IV, add more weapons and vehicles, more clothes, pedestrians, textures for pedestrians and that's basically it. I frankly don't think that character switching would be so necessary, having all features apply to all protagonists in their separate games would be enough. Oh yeah, and perhaps add on some more missions (like a third ending for IV and a second, dark ending for TBOGT) and expand the map without touching the existing map too much. 

The Deadite
Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2019 at 3:41 AM, George Costanza said:

if anything, let the game look like TBOGT, since that doesnt have any color filter and looks natural.

Game is supposed to be set in autumn and TBGOT looks like is springtime. Gta IV doesnt have a filter, is the weather and lighting, game looks sunny at times- its not that bad.

TLaD on the other hand is like having your eyeballs injected with piss, that yellow filter is disgusting to look at. Looks like a crime movie on a tight budget.

Edited by The Deadite

iiCriminnaaL 49
10 minutes ago, The Deadite said:

Game is supposed to be set in autumn and TBGOT looks like is springtime. Gta IV doesnt have a filter, is the weather and lighting, game looks sunny at times- its not that bad.

TLaD on the other hand is like having your eyeballs injected with piss, that yellow filter is disgusting to look at. Looks like a crime movie on a tight budget.

Actually, IV does have filters, but they're WAY cleaner than TLAD's.

Totally agree about TLAD's filter. I'm aware that the developers wanted to capture the protagonist's mood, and they succeeded, but I'd take a clean look and feel the story for what it is myself rather than having an unbearable filter to help me do that.

George Costanza

It would be nice to have option to switch to TBogt no filter or original's game filter.
But that would require caring developer, which porters usually aint (especially Virtuous, which were sadly used to produce LA Noire on current gen, so they could potentionally used again. Look how they f*cked up Ezio trilogy, looks like they swaped color filters between the games)