3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

If R* remastered IV, what should they keep and what should they add/re

Karls

The Dedito Gae

They'll probably fix up "No way on the subway" and replace the random biker you killed with Jim Fitzgerald instead

I can't be the only one that got confused as f*ck, right?

I only realized that Niko killed Jim the third time that i replayed IV, only noticed because i heard the news.

EDIT: This game is in need of better garages.

Edited by Midnight Hitman
  • Like 2

The Rockstar Gamer 108

- Remove

. All Minigames

. Flying rats

. Stunt jumps

. Dating

. QU3BD

. Mission Reset system

. Animation glitches

. Swingset glitch

. Vehicles vanishing and duplication bug/glitch

. Several other major to minor glitches

. Internet cafes

. Apartments

. Hospital

. Remove pointless and boring errand strands from the story campaign to keep it short.

- Change

. Niko's walking speed

. Make Niko move around and control much more smoothly and swiftly, just like 3D era classics.

. Sprint by default. Hold

. Archaic gun mechanics

. Hand to hand combat

. Super clunky controls

. Awful framerates

. sh*tty graphics that make me feel motion sick, so blurry, lacking clarity and not crisp with whatever retarded filter system being used.

. Performance on PC - SUCKS!

. Brain-dead AI of the street races that are just terrible, the dumb enemies, psychic cops and retarded traffic system on roads.

. Stupid in-game economy

. Awful Helicopter controls

- Add

. Stealth and silencer

. Garages

. Customization

. Safehouses to purchase

. Vehicle based missions variety

. Stadium challenges

. Gym

. More underground gunshops with no two shops are copy and paste versions.

. More and better variety of interiors that are much more useful and interactive, making sense.

. More dangerous areas that are unsafe with randomized enemy or police shootouts

. Variety of Asset missions

. Parachute and Jetpack!

. More Crime related side missions

Most of these features are not in GTA V. How How can we expect R* will include them in the Remastered Version? Anyways a Good Comment. A Like from me.

With the release of Grand Theft Auto V many new functions were added to the game. There was a new weapon wheel and the radar was shaped as an square so you could see some things more clearly and detailed. Which functions does GTA V have which you might also enjoy in GTA IV? I personally think that the weapon wheel and the wheel for the radiostations were pretty awesome. Because of this, you didn't had to tap a certain button multiple times.

Definitely the quick save option. A great innovation.

• Like 3

Konata Inoue

I would have to say Quick save. Seeing everybody has chosen that though.

Vehicle customization.

Yellow Paddle Thingies.

What?

PhillBellic

Yellow Paddle Thingies.

What?

Those Yellow Paddle Thingies, like the ones on the Lago Zancudo Bridge.

• Like 1

- The fantastic quality of the PC edition and the variety of settings available to tweak and bolster the performance in game.

- Incredible choices for Customization

- Better AI

- The inventory menu.

- Personal vehicles.

- Mission checkpoints

- Working roofs in convertibles

Algonquin Assassin

Definitely the quick save option. A great innovation.

Quick save is a great addition no doubt.

I'd also add the Snapmatic to replace the useless camera that can't save any photos.

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

PhillBellic

Quick Save seems to be awfully popular 'round these parts.

Can't blame you, really.

Femme Fatale

Quick save and the option to f*ck the hooker three times in a row, but without the fixed camera angle...

Edited by SprayPaintedCraniums

The Dedito Gae

The ragdoll button, i just see trashcans and i want to bodyslam them with Niko's spine!

Always have.

• Like 1

Eugene H. Krabs

The weapon wheel, the ability to duck your head in a car, getting the name of a song without dialing ZIT!, and weapon customization.

I don't want a quick save option.

Payne Killer

-Hoodslide(It would be useful for on foot shootouts, since cops dont have terminator accuracy)

-Quick Save

• Like 2

The Dedito Gae

...the ability to duck your head in a car...

You can do that in V?

You can do that in V?

You can't, it's either an urban legend or an ongoing joke, not sure which.

+1 for quick save and radio wheel. I would not want a weapon wheel if it would mean it'd be clogged with a bazillion useless weapons you can't drop.

You can do that in V?

You can't, it's either an urban legend or an ongoing joke, not sure which.

+1 for quick save and radio wheel. I would not want a weapon wheel if it would mean it'd be clogged with a bazillion useless weapons you can't drop.

I can duck in a car by holding X on my keyboard. I don't know if it actually has a function, but it surely isn't something made-up.

• Like 3

Merged these two threads as they're basically identical.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.65GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN/Heatkiller Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC @2055MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

Diddly-doodly

- The fantastic quality of the PC edition

I don't like the PC shadow system, too sharp for my taste. As for other graphical aspects, the pc version lacks:

• Good clouds and lighting
  • Good wet roads/rain effects
  • Foam textures on watter/non repetitive watter patterns with waves of different sizes
Edited by Diddly-doodly

I can duck in a car by holding X on my keyboard. I don't know if it actually has a function, but it surely isn't something made-up.

Aha, so maybe it actually works on the PC or even CG. There was a time where everyone was saying it works on LG, even though it doesn't, hence my comment about the joke/urban legend.

TempAccount

add:

multi-core cpu optimizations

keep:

physics

remove:

games for windows live

i would literally pay $60 for those alone.

Edited by TempAccount

The Time Ranger

Something I would like Rockstar to add would be some more attention to detail with weapons, specifically guns.

I think it would be pretty cool to see smoke effects after prolonged bursts of fire, hear and see the smoking shells hit the ground.

I was playing TBoGt recently and noticed that the silver pistol (based on a Ruger I think) when fired you could not see the hammer of the gun being moved with each shot, the same goes for the glock, no movement of the slide, I think this would add to immersion so I would like to see this in a potential remaster.

Edited by Neon_Dreaming

- Make the stun punch to use it outside the mission.

- Add the possibility to make roadblocks with various vehicles during the story missions to avoid chasing the target every time. I find it really stupid of Niko to let the characters know that he's there to kill them, which results in another boring 'chasing & killing' nonsense.

- "HEY THERE! I'M HERE TO KILL YOU! BUT BEFORE THAT I'M GOING TO CHASE YOU!"

Niko: You took something that belonged to my employers.

Jim Fitzgerald: sh*t, that's the cocksucker that Johnny ripped off for the diamond loot. Hey, why don't we see if he can keep up with some real American bikers? Ha! Let's do this!

Niko: Here we go again.... (Niko begins chasing the bikers) Ugggghhhh.......

Solution: Allowing the players alternative approaches, like blocking their paths before initiating the scripted conversation that results in letting them to escape, or blowing their vehicles off when they are getting away...etc. GTA 3 was great in this regard. Allowing more creativity and options to handle such situations differently if I want to.

- Add the possibility to see more enemies using hand to hand combat and/or using melee weapons like baseball bat, knife to attack the player when engaged in fights, to offer more variety and option to use melee combat rather than just engage in the boring shootouts like every mission. Similar to the mission where Dardan will draw a knife and attack the player. At this point, Niko can disarm him to take his knife and use it against him. Its actually a problem not only in IV but many games that don't focus on making combat more varied with interesting type of encounters making enemies to engage in situations where they use both guns and melee equally against the players than make every mission that results in a shootout where its impossible to approach them using melee combat.

slimeball supreme

I'd just like them to add the more technical stuff that was in V. Random license plates, car customization, animals, some of the cars (the ones based on older models before 2008 ofc), and more. You get the idea.

I also wouldn't mind them bringing some of the minor stuff to IV - like the smaller map changes, new ped models, some cars/weapons and the fixing of contradictory gang details (in TLAD and TBoGT The Lost wear more modern clothing but in base IV they're your typical redneck bikers). Just don't port the gang spawning patterns, they were pretty f*cked in the episodes.

f*ck that character switching stuff though, that wouldn't work with the narrative at all.

Edited by Mr. Fartenhate

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png

happygrowls

The character switching should change so it goes into the other expansions, e.g if you switch to Johnny you get access to TLAD's missions.

It'll be good and when you reach a certain point, you have to switch back to Niko/Luis to continue the Storyline..

Don't know how the Museum Trilogy would work tho.

The character switching should change so it goes into the other expansions, e.g if you switch to Johnny you get access to TLAD's missions. 02 It'll be good and when you reach a certain point, you have to switch back to Niko/Luis to continue the Storyline..

I'd definitely love this to happen in the remaster. It might also remove certain pointless missions from the entire triology to make the length of the entire storyline more tighter which is good.

Don't know how the Museum Trilogy would work tho.

Simple. Since most of the action takes place in the cutscenes and the player hasn't given any control over the tightly scripted missions themselves then the mission can play out from any protagonists' point of view. Its still left upto the player to choose the mission giver.

You can trigger the mission based on which character you decide to play during the mission and then simply approach Ray or Gay Tony. The rest of the mission should play out pretty much the same way as in the EFLC.

I'm sure some slight changes might be needed in all three storylines for the switching mechanic to fit perfectly, but it should be very easy to implement because of how tightly scripted, set-piecey, and extremely linear the missions feel largely to make any difference for the switching mechanic.