3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Karls

If R* remastered IV, what should they keep and what should they add/re

Sunrise Driver

Speaking of Bowling Balls, if IV is to be remastered, the bowling balls are to be objects that can be picked up and thrown at people, not just used for bowling!

Oh, and almost forgot, bowling shirts and shoes. Why aren't they in the game?

Don't forget about Bowling Ball Bags.

What about that powder sh*t you put on your hands just before you bowl?

Can't forget that. Actually screw a GTA IV remaster. I'd settle for a bowling themed DLC. ;)

Yes! I want it too. But for GTA V. With Roman! So Michael, Trevor & Franklin can experience bowling with Roman as well. And I want bowling club on every corner in Los Santos. And every 2 miles in the desert and wilderness. And bowling alleys underwater, inside Fort Zancudo, on top of skyscrapers and mountains.

Edited by Street Mix

PhillBellic

Can we also do Yoga whilst we Bowl? :p

HaythamKenway

>bowling

>yoga

article-2695997-1FB9344A00000578-115_634

All we need now is customizable rugs and German nihilists as the main antagonists and we're set.

SirGrandTheft

I think everything should stay if there was a Remaster maybe too reduce the calls from Roman asking to go Bowling 500 times a day. Jk

RogerWho

I'm not saying GTA IV is a perfect game, but changing anything beyond the UI runs a risk of destroying the game for what it is.

Sure, adding taxi missions and more clothing shouldn't do harm, but I wouldn't bet on it. New missions or activities would need new voice acting and I wouldn't want Niko to get new lines modelled after Trevor. Nor dress the IV characters in gold chains and other GTAO bullsh*t. I also don't want the 'new' Feltzer, Turismo or Comet. And pets?? Haircuts?? FFS.

Leave GTA IV as it is, please. Just port the PC version to the CG, maybe tune up the UI a bit, but don't mess with it. Of course knowing R*, they probably will.

Osho

I can't fathom how new additions like jet pack, superb customization like San Andreas with gold chains, variety of clothes, haircuts, and a lot of other gameplay enhancements to make the game more fun for those wanting to replay IV with more potential outside of playing with the same old repetitive and boring story and boring content can be seen as a "risk of destroying the game for what it is" or "turn into a completely different game" or "rob the game of its originality that fans admire" etc.. ???

Rockstar has cut down considerably on features and other stuff, esp. compared to the classic GTA SA, which makes GTA 4 pretty much barebones, simple and basic in its current vanilla state anyways, and adding anything on top of that, is not going to hurt the game's originality, at all.

GTA 4 alienated a lot of GTA fans who expected a fun, better title than San Andreas rather than a massive downgrade.

Certain additional features will ensure GTA 4 is a lot more fun as a remaster than its original release considering that GTA 4s replay value is extremely poor in the whole series.

In the end, all these additions are completely optional.

Purist IV fans - Don't use those features nor access any stuff that you believe changes the game a LOT. The rest who want to have fun will enjoy the new additions and changes.

Its about giving people that freedom of choice. Its still very much the original GTA 4 even with all the additions in the remaster.

E:typo

Edited by Osho

Homemade Dynamite

I can't fathom how new additions like jet pack, superb customization like San Andreas with gold chains, variety of clothes, haircuts, and a lot of other gameplay enhancements to make the game more fun for those wanting to replay IV with more potential outside of playing with the same old repetitive and boring story and boring content can be seen as a "risk of destroying the game for what it is" or "turn into a completely different game" or "rob the game of its originality that fans admire" etc.. ???

Because it would take away from IV's grounded feel. A jetpack would completely destroy the game in my opinion.

PhillBellic

Osho, go play Saints Row San Andreas. :p

Uncle Vlad

I´d just change some smaller things besides from improved graphics. All the vehicles and weapons from EFLC, the parachute from TBoGT, car customisation (at least the ability to choose the colour) and perhaps some safehouses to buy. And larger intervals between friend calls or the option to say no without losing "sympathy percents".

Karls

Osho, go play Saints Row San Andreas. :p

Or V for that matter.

There's a lot of terrible mods made just for Osho and other like-minded people. :p

B Dawg

GTA V needs mods to be good. IV doesn't :cool:

PhillBellic

Ehh. ALM and ELS are two Mods that IV needs, in my opinion.

B Dawg

Only if you play as a pig! :p

Edited by B Dawg

Osho

Because it would take away from IV's grounded feel. A jetpack would completely destroy the game in my opinion.

.. and watching over the top and exaggerated rag doll effects that would cause Niko ( and other NPCs ) to fly across a block every time in completely unrealistic manner whenever thrown out the window or thrown off the bike, flying across the map on the slightest bump like people are wearing some invisible jet pack would not take away from IV's grounded feel?

I've already explained it, yet no one has any response as to why one ignores such unrealistic, exaggerated effects and swingset glitches within a serious, and grounded game but oppose a jetpack which is entirely optional and quite realistic ( read here ) in comparison to the ragdoll effects?

In real life, I don't see bodies flying in all directions so unrealistically the way they do in IV.

But yes, in real life, there are many examples of people who did attempt to fly a jet pack.

Read - Jetpack inventor flies his homemade craft around the Statue of Liberty

Cheatz/Trickz

I can't fathom

'Nuff said, it's all in the details.

As for the "jetpack vs ragdoll", let me try and put it simply: A jetpack would need some justification in the story, and that would require a stupid story like SA. Ragdolls don't. End of.

Edited by Cheatz_N_Trickz

PhillBellic

I don't get what you mean.... :p

B Dawg

I don't get what you mean.... :p

Only someone who plays as a police officer would care about the lights on his police car :p

Edited by B Dawg

Osho

@ Cheatz_N_Trickz

Not at all. Just replace any achievement / trophy achievement unlocked after completion of any boring side stuff found in IV with a reward of unlocking a Jet pack that spawns at any set location. Simple.

When the story lacks any obvious justification for Niko doing the most stupid stuff like killing all 200 Flying Rats, then I don't see anything wrong in replacing any achievement with a fun reward of flying the amazing jet pack.

May be as a reward for making Niko fly out the windshield in the air 50 times when the ragdoll is in motion or when you successfully make the vehicle land in a swingset glitch, etc..

Edited by Osho

slimeball supreme

Osho, I think you should just stop. It's embarrassing.

Your 'points' about Jetpacks are not only based on personal opinion and really dumb logic - but your other changes (like removing things that are actually vital to the story, or chopping and changing the game until it's not the same game) don't even qualify for a remaster. You want an entirely different game.

Stop trying to start an argument that sh*ts on IV and just go away.

PhillBellic

Only someone who plays as a police officer would care about the lights on his police car :p

But they look so pretty. :inlove:

NumaYay

Rockstar has cut down considerably on features and other stuff, esp. compared to the classic GTA SA, which makes GTA 4 pretty much barebones, simple and basic in its current vanilla state anyways, and adding anything on top of that, is not going to hurt the game's originality, at all.

GTA 4 alienated a lot of GTA fans who expected a fun, better title than San Andreas rather than a massive downgrade.

Certain additional features will ensure GTA 4 is a lot more fun as a remaster than its original release considering that GTA 4s replay value is extremely poor in the whole series.

Purist IV fans - Don't use those features nor access any stuff that you believe changes the game a LOT. The rest who want to have fun will enjoy the new additions and changes.

Its about giving people that freedom of choice. Its still very much the original GTA 4 even with all the additions in the remaster.

You are a joke.

First you ran riot in the V section, now you suddenly became a V lover and spam your depressive sh*t into the IV section.

Do you honestly think that EVERBODY thinks the game or the story are boring? Just because you say so? Your opinion is worthless.

Edited by NumaYay

Cheatz/Trickz

@ Cheatz_N_Trickz

Not at all. Just replace any achievement / trophy achievement unlocked after completion of any boring side stuff found in IV with a reward of unlocking a Jet pack that spawns at any set location. Simple. When the story lacks any obvious justification for Niko doing the most stupid stuff like killing all 200 Flying Rats, then I don't see anything wrong in replacing any achievement with a fun reward of flying the amazing jet pack. May be as a reward for making Niko fly around in the air 50 times when the ragdoll is in motion or when you successfully make the vehicle land in a swingset glitch, etc..

You're confusing typical video game tropes like collectibles (the flying rats), for game canon. There's no justification for CJ to collect horseshoes or oysters and you're not complaining about that.

And forgive me, but the jetpack was boring in SA, I didn't miss it in IV. Think creatively, and tonally, instead of being completely random and average like Saints Row's developers.

Edited by Cheatz_N_Trickz

Osho

What?

Nothing in my post even remotely suggests about me being a V lover.

anyways..not trying to start any argument. Simply curious about why people ignore certain stuff in IV that clearly take away from the grounded and serious feel, but offer no good reasons to oppose a jet pack??

Blue

To be honest, I think if R* remastered IV, they should:

• Make a mix of V's and IV's handling for the vehicles;
  • Add the modern Stanier with Civilian, Police and Taxi versions of it (as well as add the old Stanier - the one IV contains - as a civilian vehicle too);
  • Grab GTA V's HUD (I mean, that's one of the few things V had that were actually good);
  • Give cops a better AI (not like V's aimbots doe);
  • Add more fire weapons;
  • Add the Nightstick and V's melee weapons (and make cops use the nightstick too when the player has a one star for the wanted level);
  • Create more places on the map (e.g. countryside and expand Alderney a bit more) and actual Ammu-Nation stores;
  • Give Niko the chance to buy more clothing and add more stores on the map (like Binco, Suburban, ZIP, etc.);
  • Add barber shops;
  • Add driveable planes (e.g. Shamal, Jumbo Jet);
  • Add a fully functional interior for the Airport;
  • Add some of Max Payne 3's 90s vehicles;
  • Add the old Taxi and Pimp minigames;
  • Expand the soundtrack a bit and add a new radio station (maybe an 80s synthwave radio station, who knows).

That's all for me, folks.

Edited by Mariø

American Venom

Ok you're playing the "don't like it don't use it" card so why do the Internet cafes, apartments, stunt jumps etc need to be removed then?

Unlike the bee's dick chance of a GTA IV remaster ever featuring a jetpack those are actually things GTA IV has that contribute to its game world so R* would never remove them.

It's ironic that you say it's about giving freedom of choice yet everything you've listed that should be removed would take that away. That's why I said in my original post that I don't think anything should be removed.

Let's remember that a "remaster" rejuvenates the original with enhancements, but it just sounds like you want GTA IV: The San Andreas remake.

Maybe this feet stamping for it to be more like San Andreas might've made sense in 2008 when GTA IV was new, but 8 years later is just sad.

RogerWho

I know very well who Osho is, but hey, let's have a civil discussion! Heh.

Rockstar has cut down considerably on features and other stuff, esp. compared to the classic GTA SA, which makes GTA 4 pretty much barebones

I've never liked the 3D era GTAs, so turning IV into another III/VC/SA style game is a turn off. At one point I started VC and within a few minutes I stumbled upon a side mission where you kill pedestrians with a chainsaw.

No thanks. Not my style of game.

For me, a game has replay value because I enjoy playing it. I don't care for the number of side activities or alternative content.

Case in point: I've never even tried to do 100% in GTA IV, yet it's about 6th time I'm playing it now, not really caring about anything beyond playing through the story. Same thing for a lot of other SP games.

Hey, I'm also binge-watching Babylon 5 now, even though I've already seen it and I don't care for the alternative scenes or commentary. See how it works.

Maybe, maybe not. No remaster exists as of yet, so don't argue what's optional and what is not. They may decide to include more story missions with retarded new dialog, or include Adders and Zentornos, replace IV-style cars with V-style cars (Feltzer, Turismo). They may rename Frankfurters to Cock-Dogs or change the broody LC atmosphere to sunshine and rainbows. They may change the cops behavior to GTA V style. It would be hard to ignore such 'optional' content.

Point is, we don't know what changes R* would do, and I wouldn't trust them to do sensible stuff.

I personally wouldn't mind tighting up the driving physics, but once you start tinkering with such basics, you're making a different game. There are PC mods for that.

Either way, you'll probably have your SA darling remastered sooner than C* will ever get to simply port IV.

Edited by RogerWho

Osho

@ TheOtherRyan

Nothing ironic. I mentioned things that I felt should be removed "from the game" I didn't argue over things that should be removed based on what others mentioned "in their list" of additions, so I don't understand where does this "giving freedom of choice" point arise since I'm not debating about others tastes, unlike Mr. RogerWho arguing about stuff that I didn't either mention nor imply, for instance - "where you kill pedestrians with a chainsaw. No thanks. Not my style of game"

When did I ask for chainsaw? :blink:

The Deadite

Would be possible to remaster the IV section WITHOUT Osho?

American Venom

@ TheOtherRyan

Nothing ironic. I mentioned things that I felt should be removed "from the game" I didn't argue over things that should be removed based on what others mentioned "in their list" of additions, so I don't understand where does this "giving freedom of choice" point arise since I'm not debating about others tastes, unlike Mr. RogerWho arguing about stuff that I didn't either mention nor imply, for instance - "where you kill pedestrians with a chainsaw. No thanks. Not my style of game"

When did I ask for chainsaw? :blink:

It is ironic. You've been telling everyone that they can simply ignore certain features (like the jetpack) and also mentioned freedom of choice, but the removal of those things you mentioned can already be ignored and would in fact hamper the freedom of choice if they were removed.

If "tastes" are to be taken into consideration why can't you just accept not everyone sees the value of the jet pack like you do instead of trying to convince people that GTA IV desperately needs it because YOU think it's fun?

Osho

Sorry. It is not. I listed things under the categories that the topic starter has mentioned.

You and others are trying to make it seem like I'm forcing my tastes over others despite the fact that I'm listing things to what I feel should be changed / removed / added, and its you and others who are arguing over my tastes, which is fine and I've no problems since we should discuss freely. But its certainly wrong to imply, that I'm forcing others to simply ignore certain features that I listed for additions.

Like I said, the basis of my argument related to ( specifically ) jetpack are the "reasons" people are using it to oppose it, while they're "fine" in ignoring things that should also be opposed for the same reasons ( as explained in my earlier posts ) but are actually trying to ignore.

Besides, I mentioned freedom of choice to simply allow people like myself to have certain things their own way.

Where did I interfere with others' freedom, personal tastes, or personal list of changes/additions to argue about their freedom of choice?

If anything, people are getting upset about my list.

Like Rockstar are seriously going to consider everything on my list for the remaster... lol