3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Karls

If R* remastered IV, what should they keep and what should they add/re

The Deadite

LMAO, removing the swingset glitch and adding a jetpack, some people say the cutest things.

I'll add:

-All V vehicles (except planes and the ones that don't make sense in IV, like the tractor)

-THE RAGDOLL BUTTON.

-All V meele weapons and V animations for the bat and knife.

-The 24/7 shops in V.

-THE RAGDOLL BUTTON.

-Some weapons from V, like the minigun and jerry can.

-A salute/insult button like in V.

-THE RAGDOLL BUTTON.

-V's graphics.

-I guess V's smartphones.

-THE RAGDOLL BUTTON.

-I guess diving underwater would be fun, we could explore Bulgarin's crashed plane or Vlad's dead body.

-V's golf and tennis. (I actually like those, sue me)

-THE RAGDOLL BUTTON.

-V's skybox.

-Some wildlife, like dogs, cats, sealife and racoons.

-THE RAGDOLL BUTTON.

-V's cheats, like super jump, fast running, indestructible and moon gravity.

-V's car damage but less resistant (seriously, taking aside the fact that cars are way too resistant to crashes, is pretty good if not better than in IV, cars still get mashed to nothing, side panels and bumpers are detachable and damage is more refined, where in IV glitches a bit aestethically)

-THE RAGDOLL BUTTON.

-Mod shops of course.

-Weapon wheel.

-Did i mentioned ragdoll button?

Cuz i love rhe ragdoll button.

I'd remove the 102 pigeons and the SIXAXIS tutorial in PS3, seriously, f*ck that sh*t.

EDIT: Wait, i'm the only one who likes IV's motion blur?

Edited by Midnight Hitman

Alihunter

I hate gta iv motion blur lol.

Itas better with enb tho

B Dawg

-All V vehicles

Ew. Not all of them. Too many sh*tty ones.

You are not alone.

Edited by B Dawg

aqarwaen

1.would like any extra dlc,wont buy it just to play same content again.

2.i would like have more date options.

i would love it if niko could date with gays or also transexuals.

3.more guns

4.more restaurants,where you could get random encounters.for example someone decides to robe it.

5.more use for internet.

6.purchaseable houses and apartments.

7.any dlc what would explain what happened with Johnny and how he crashed to slow level

The Deadite

-All V vehicles

Ew. Not all of them. Too many sh*tty ones.I need target practice and places where to put my sticky bombs.

Big Mike

Add

-More friend contacts like Dwayne

-More TV shows and channels

Remove

-can't think of anything

Change

-cops always chasing you instead of someone else. You could be having a shootout with 20 guys against just you and the cops instantly chase you. For example, one time someone was shooting at me with a shotgun and I ran up and punched him and I got the wanted level not him.

Keep

-pretty much everything

Edited by Big Mike

lpgunit

If they're going to do a remaster, I'd say they should use the V engine but keep the look and feel of the game as it was before. I don't mind the game having GTA V-esque graphics, but for as long as the game can run optimally, I'm fine with it.

Osho

I just can't imagine a Serbian war veteran flying a jetpack.

Haha.. The 'war veteran' tag is sort of pointless, since the kind of blunders that Niko does and got him and his cousin into troubles that any fool sees and expects him to learn from his past and really wisen wisen up to your antics clearly doesn't make sense for a returned war veteran and rare to find a 'trained' war veteran with so many weaknesses evident in his dealings with people for whom he's working and killing all around the city for just a few bucks????

Its stupid and out of character for a war veteran sitting on a good pile of money, but you still find him negotiating for a measly amounts that turn him into merciless killer, for what??

He works for those who are anyways fools and incompetents, and he does it for MOAR MONEY just because killing is what he knows?

How many war veterans in real life become whiniest little bitch willing to run errands and do wrong things so quick and easily for people he JUST met and continue to indulge in all kinds of colossal f*ck ups that Niko did?

This means Niko was not only a war veteran and just used for the sake of giving some backstory to the character, regardless of it making any sense or not and that he can whine and moan about his troubled past throughout the story.

He was also a smuggler, went to prison, worked as a human trafficker for Ray Bulgarin before he arrived to Liberty City. If its possible to be a human trafficker then how hard is it to imagine him flying a jetpack?

He can shoot 200 pigeons, for what? and play QU3BD but can't fly a jetpack?

Sorry, this war veteran justfication doesn't make any sense as I explained above.

Voggs

Give it a f*cking rest, a jetpack would just be stupid and unfitting in GTA IV, save it for TBoGT if you wish. Seems like you're just starting a discussion to sh*t on this game, if they didn't add it to GTA V, it surely won't be in IV.

Edited by Voggs

Big_Smiley

Give it a f*cking rest, a jetpack would just be stupid and unfitting in GTA IV, save it for TBoGT if you wish. Seems like you're just starting a discussion to sh*t on this game, if they didn't add it to GTA V, it surely won't be in IV.

That's Osho for you there. Just like you mentioned if it wasn't in V, neither in the updates why would be in IV? I'm not sure if R* will ever do a remaster for IV. I mean sh*t their already working on Gta VI. Mabye it might return mabye not. Didn't really use it much back in the day with SA. Edited by GTA_The_Series

Osho

a jetpack would just be stupid and unfitting in GTA IV.

If its possible for people in a SERIOUS game to ignore over the top and exaggerated rag doll effects that would cause Niko ( and other NPCs ) to fly across a block every time in completely unrealistic manner whenever thrown out the window or when on a bike and Niko would go flying on the slightest bump just because watching ragdoll/euphoria effects are fun then why not flying a jet pack???

I could list many things that 'would just be stupid and unfitting' as well in GTA IV.

Basically, jet pack doesn't make sense to you because it doesn't suit to your limited vision of what makes really a fun game despite the fact that you guys often argue for gameplay and story segregation???

Jet pack is optional unlike the forced ragdoll effects. If you find it unfitting and stupid then don't use it, problem solved. I find a lot of stupid and unfitting things in IV that can not be avoided. So having a jet pack shouldn't be any problem. It'll bring additional fun factor outside watching the same, repetitive, and boring ragdoll effects. People can choose to ignore and decide accordingly just like in San Andreas what they want to play and not.

In fact, I find many people who play GTA IV just to spend some spare time with the exaggerated ragdoll and euphoria introduced in IV and then quit the game, not for boring story nor the whiny protagonist, because that's the only FUN thing IV is capable to offer. Its devoid of fun, otherwise.

Jet pack will encourage more people to pick boring GTA IV and spend some more time who don't give a crap about what makes sense for sh*tty Niko but what sounds fun to them.

Jet pack is actually a good thing for console gamers to keep IVs lifespan alive, unlike many PC players who find this game so boring that they enjoy more flying around the city using a superman mod :lol:

Simply_Wasted

I find it crazy you @Osho complain at a 8 year old game. Why so much hate that you have to make comments the size of a tower that by the time i finish reading it's gonna be Christmas already. Niko is one hella of a protagonist but i guess that's why everybody has opinions. Niko isn't the best for everyone sames goes with every other protagonist in the series.

Osho

@ Simply_Wasted - Sorry you got the wrong impression. I'm simply explaining why I find certain things worth adding to the game because with the remaster I find new opportunities to get things done for increasing the chances of making it more FUN and replayabe, so what's wrong in giving my recommendations for the same?

Besides, I'm simply answering to those who are raising further questions on the said recommendations of mine to justify those additions, not trying to force people to agree with them.

American Venom

Jet pack is actually a good thing for console gamers to keep IVs lifespan alive,.

I've only ever played GTA IV on console and in the 8 1/2 years since release it's never crossed my mind that the jetpack was/is vital to GTA IV's lifespan.

Really the only time I'm reminded of its existence is when I come on here and I see you and others that are obsessed with jamming it down all of our throats like it's necessary to have,

The jetpack makes the player more vulnerable to gunfire (Awesome. NOT!) and the helicopters can reach the top of buildings fine so to me it's pointless. If R* haven't included it in GTA V they never will in a GTA IV remaster.

You're a PC player right? Surely in the wide world of PC gaming someone's made a jetoack mod so you can fly around in the overrated thing until your heart's content.

B Dawg

We have a spawnable Annihilator via phone, who needs jetpack :p

PhillBellic

We have Bowling. Who needs a Jet Pack? :p

B Dawg

Speaking of Bowling Balls, if IV is to be remastered, the bowling balls are to be objects that can be picked up and thrown at people, not just used for bowling!

Oh, and almost forgot, bowling shirts and shoes. Why aren't they in the game?

PhillBellic

Speaking of Bowling Balls, if IV is to be remastered, the bowling balls are to be objects that can be picked up and thrown at people, not just used for bowling!

Don't forget about Bowling Ball Bags.

American Venom

What about that powder sh*t you put on your hands just before you bowl?

Can't forget that. Actually screw a GTA IV remaster. I'd settle for a bowling themed DLC.;)

PhillBellic

Can't forget that. Actually screw a GTA IV remaster. I'd settle for a bowling themed DLC. ;)

Can't forget that. Actually screw a GTA IV remaster. I'd settle for a bowling themed DLC. ;)

I think it's simple Chalk.

B Dawg

Or maybe it's Cocaine. Bowling Enhancement drugs needed to win the Championship.

Edited by B Dawg

Voggs

I thought bowling balls could be picked up? I've seen a video but I guess it was a mod. Bowling balls do have collision on Niko though, he can ruin an NPC's perfect strike attemp. :lol:

Jesus christ, if you want a jetpack so bad, just use this: http://www.gta4-mods.com/script/jetpack-script-mod-f30365.

Why are you quoting me? I'm not the one thinking a jetpack is all IV should have.

Edited by Voggs

PJR_4015

I thought bowling balls could be picked up? I've seen a video but I guess it was a mod. Bowling balls do have collision on Niko though, he can ruin an NPC's perfect strike attemp. :lol:

Jesus christ, if you want a jetpack so bad, just use this: http://www.gta4-mods.com/script/jetpack-script-mod-f30365.

Why are you quoting me? I'm not the one thinking a jetpack is all IV should have. I'm terribly sorry. I accidently quoted the wrong person

MaxEtotti

LMAO, removing the swingset glitch and adding a jetpack, some people say the cutest things.

I'll add:

-All V vehicles (except planes and the ones that don't make sense in IV, like the tractor)

-THE RAGDOLL BUTTON.

-All V meele weapons and V animations for the bat and knife.

-The 24/7 shops in V.

-THE RAGDOLL BUTTON.

-Some weapons from V, like the minigun and jerry can.

-A salute/insult button like in V.

-THE RAGDOLL BUTTON.

-V's graphics.

-I guess V's smartphones.

-THE RAGDOLL BUTTON.

-I guess diving underwater would be fun, we could explore Bulgarin's crashed plane or Vlad's dead body.

-V's golf and tennis. (I actually like those, sue me)

-THE RAGDOLL BUTTON.

-V's skybox.

-Some wildlife, like dogs, cats, sealife and racoons.

-THE RAGDOLL BUTTON.

-V's cheats, like super jump, fast running, indestructible and moon gravity.

-V's car damage but less resistant (seriously, taking aside the fact that cars are way too resistant to crashes, is pretty good if not better than in IV, cars still get mashed to nothing, side panels and bumpers are detachable and damage is more refined, where in IV glitches a bit aestethically)

-THE RAGDOLL BUTTON.

-Mod shops of course.

-Weapon wheel.

-Did i mentioned ragdoll button?

Cuz i love rhe ragdoll button.

I'd remove the 102 pigeons and the SIXAXIS tutorial in PS3, seriously, f*ck that sh*t.

I've said this before and I'll gladly say it again. A remaster is when a company remake the game to improve it and maybe add the odd detail in here and there. How about we remaster GTA IV, instead of trying to make it GTA V. A remaster improves the game. A remaster does not make a game another game. If you want GTA V, I hear there's a game out there called 'GTA V' which contains everything you talk about.

Also, I hear there's an online feature built out of little Minecraft kids that argue about heist cuts and value each other by their level. It might suit you!

B Dawg

Oh I get it. Let's remaster GTA V so that it becomes on par with San Andreas and IV!

Edited by B Dawg

The Deadite

I've said this before and I'll gladly say it again. A remaster is when a company remake the game to improve it and maybe add the odd detail in here and there. How about we remaster GTA IV, instead of trying to make it GTA V. A remaster improves the game. A remaster does not make a game another game. If you want GTA V, I hear there's a game out there called 'GTA V' which contains everything you talk about.

Ohh i'm sorry, i just like these features and i think they would improve the game (at least for me), i know remasters doesn't work like this but i can still dream, i'm just sticking to the rules set by the OP.

Also, I hear there's an online feature built out of little Minecraft kids that argue about heist cuts and value each other by their level. It might suit you!

F*ck off, this insult comes out of nowhere, i'm not the only one who's listing things they felt the game was missing. Edited by Midnight Hitman

HeySlickThatsMe

THE BOWLING GUN!

Acetaminophen

Add Nikos Gloves.

Voggs

I'm terribly sorry. I accidently quoted the wrong person

No problem. :)