3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Karls

If R* remastered IV, what should they keep and what should they add/re

Karls

As the title sugests, what should Rockstar keep and what should they change/add if they remade IV?

Keep

-Physics

-Weapons

Change

-Animations

-Some sounds

-Police Vehicles

Add

-Proper cars for Alderney State Police

-More peds

-Some Vehicles.

So, guys, add your points!

Edited by Karls

BobFromReboot

Basically combine the 3 IV era games into one, with character switching, and reworked story to correct plot holes.

Combine all the radio content, TV, internet, etc.

Bring in some more side content. Unlimited taxi missions for Niko, unlimited jacob drug deliveries etc. Let Niko and Johnny be involved with underground fighting too.

Keep existing physics, but bring up the graphics to GTA V level or better.

Better post game content.

Edited by BobFromReboot

Ivellios

Add some 'alternative ending'.

More interiors to explore.

B Dawg

Multiple protagonist system for The Lost And Damned, Johnny Terry and Clay!

The Lost And Damned Campaign Coop, and more missions (set before Clean And Serene)

GamesBoy316

If all they did was keep everything the same and have the game running at 1080p and 60 FPS, I'd be fine with that. Playing the game on PS4 would be incredible already.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Do not add 'chromey glare' on vehicles like V.

Add all activities as seen in TLAD and TBOGT including the triathlons and base jumps.

Add different haircut ability.

Add new weapon sounds. The current sound for the mini smg sounds horrible, like a nail gun, needs changing. Combine all weapons from the trilogy.

Open some unused locations, such as the clubs seen in TBOGT.

Redo some of the clothing, especially the jackets. The texture used on some of them are eye wateringly horrible.

Upgrade the phone so internet can be used on it.

Remove the [email protected] cafes. Basically just for convenience because it can be all done via the phone anyway now.

Make the other random character encounters available from TLAD and TBOGT.

Make the mini golf available in Funland. That actually looked like it would have been cool to play.

Marathon race. Imagine Niko against 100 other runners on a course running the streets in LC, would be epic with spectators cheering from the side ropes. Could also be a way of unlocking a singlet top, shorts and running sneakers.

"See the sites before your flight" - it was in LCS, maybe Niko could earn a trophy for doing the same thing for tourists by taking them on a scenic flight in a specific time to complete.

Dive beneath the water - Ability to explore underwater.

Spare Kate - Add in the ability to NOT take Kate to the wedding, thus saving her from being killed and Roman survives, the wedding shooters miss everyone by a miracle. It always makes me feel a bit annoyed that either Kate or Roman has to die, you don't really have a choice that enables both to survive.

Cao Ang

Weapons Wheel, First Person View, and Dynamic Score.

Voggs

I agree with the Switch mechanics and merging IV with EFLC, that includes parachute, weapons, vehicles

Adding to that, my wishlist:

-Combine the radio stations + new music. Although, for Vladivostok I think they should split it into two stations, Vladivostk FM (Dance), Vladivostok FM (Russian). They're both different so it'd be extremely weird if they mixed them.

-Nightclubs for everyone, ability to go with your friends there, opened Bahama Mamas (only closed for an in-game week after Boulevard Baby)

-Add an inventory menu for each character for quick waypoints and stuff, They can change glasses, hats, helmets, gloves, and maybe Niko's beta haircut because why not?

-Return of fingerless gloves, having Niko wear them by default in The Cousins Bellic, can be changed in wardrobe. Add tactical gloves for everyone in Three Leaf Clover

-Smoother animation transition

-More clothes? Maybe things like a coat, sunglasses

-Removal of loading screens

-Carry all weapons, ability to leave unused ones in a locker in your home/apartment instead of just throwing them, making you customize your weapon inventory. Adding to that, weapon wheel that doesn't slow down time, like in RDR, still keeping the classical weapon switch by going left/right with D-pad.

-Physics for flags, suits (I think flags only have physics in cutscenes)

-Pigeons and seagulls flying across the city, not being part of collectibles, rats in the deeper subway, a few cats and dogs around the city

-Enhanced driving physics, they do need a little improvement

-Enhanced visuals, models and sounds

-Keep friend calls, just make them less usual

-Choose color and few mods for vehicles in Pay N' Spray.

-Golf and air hockey for everyone

-If R* can get the 3 VAs, they should add a few more lines and sounds. Luis needs sounds for air hockey and lines for the Higgings tours. I guess the only question is if Michael and R* are willing to work together again to return as Niko, from what I know, they're on good terms? It's been 8 years anyway and his character was a major success.

Edited by Voggs

DoctorMike

Enhanced Graphics and Textures.

Animals Like Cat, Pet Dogs ETC.

First Person View.

Buying clothes for Luis and Johnny.

Changed or Improved the Animations

Keep physics the same.

New Cars.

Ability to take Selfie

adding Rockstar Editor to PS4 and Xbox One version

More peds on streets.

limit the random calls from friends.

improved Models.

Longer Draw distance

new Multiplayer game modes and character customization

ability to Fly planes. ETC

Edited by MikePhilips

HaythamKenway

In an ideal world where the possible remake also retains the original features, driving physics, health system, Euphoria, the AI and such, instead of "V-ing" them? Simply, a remake I could possibly call truly a definitive version of IV, instead of a completely different game?

• Character switching
  • Weapons and vehicles shared across all three protagonists (though I'd keep some more unique like, for example, the gold SMG or Hexer, exclusive to their respective protags)
  • More new tracks for all radio stations, including new tracks for stations that didn't get updated in the DLCs (JNR, Fusion) and Vice City FM (Self-Actualization and RamJam could just be folded over to similar stations from vanilla) and new content on Integrity, PLR and WKTT; new websites and TV shows
  • First person mode
  • Snapmatic
  • Visual filters for each protag, like in the original DLCs
  • More clothing options for all three protags

I think R* could pull all these off without that much effort, but for some more unlikely wishes:

• Vehicle customization
  • Additional story content for Johnny and Luis
  • Original multplayer modes as an option, not just Online
  • Staten Island and more of Alderney
  • More side missions; assassinations, car thefts and other freelance work for Niko, expanded gang wars (perhaps even crew customization) for Johnny, more club management-related stuff for Luis
  • Bernie as a friend contact for Niko; Malc and Elizabeta for Johnny; Tony and Yusuf for Luis

Honestly, this turned out to be a tricky assignment. I'm having trouble coming up with ideas that are not just an expansion on what already is in the game or convenience features from V. Changing or adding too much new stuff would, like I said at the start, honestly turn this into a completely different game. No point in "fixing" anything other than obvious oversights (the Alderney patrol cars) too.

God, I really am a purist fanboy after all.

D T

The best that we can hope for is 1080p and a special t-shirt in GTA Online.

MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Add:

More clothing

Smartphone replacing the crappy Badger and Whiz phones

More internet functionality

World Trade Center and more residential area

More to the west of Alderney (Carraways and rural towns)

More pedestrians and traffic in some areas (Star Junction, airport)

Add an airport in Alderney

Add planes

1080p 60fps

Ferries

Complete the Bohan Industrial bridge

Keep:

Physics

Storyline

HOWEVER:

Add a 3rd ending where no one dies.

GTA Online:

Give us GTA Online Freemode so we can play with our characters

And retain the classic MP mode for others

Edited by irishfever1

DimitriFaustin

I'd only add GTA V's graphics (or better, if a newer game engine came out first), a character switch system to switch between Niko, Johnny & Luis, and a first person mode.

And maybe make all vehicles in the GTA IV trilogy available at once (no exclusivity). That is all.

CometGT

I think that they should definitely keep the same car/character mechanics, yet smoother. and run the game at 1080p and 60fps,

Also -

More clothes shops, food/drink shops, food deliveries, weapon shops, everything from TLAD and TBoGT mixed with vanilla IV to add more diversity of the game as a whole.

- Special unlockables by completing certain events that can interchange with the other two characters, likes of marathons, triathlons etc etc.

- Better and more phone options to make the phone a tad better to use whilst out and about in LC.

- Bigger map about twice the original size, more added streets maybe.

- Same multiplayer menu screen, but with more and better online game modes, not likes of V's Online.

- More customization for the online characters, maybe have the option of 4 different characters that you can customize separately.

- More ranks to level up, say about 20, and every level up consists of small new options, and every five levels after level 10 with more random options to chose from until getting to 20.

DoctorMike

In an ideal world where the possible remake also retains the original features, driving physics, health system, Euphoria, the AI and such, instead of "V-ing" them? Simply, a remake I could possibly call truly a definitive version of IV, instead of a completely different game?

• Character switching
  • Weapons and vehicles shared across all three protagonists (though I'd keep some more unique like, for example, the gold SMG or Hexer, exclusive to their respective protags)
  • More new tracks for all radio stations, including new tracks for stations that didn't get updated in the DLCs (JNR, Fusion) and Vice City FM (Self-Actualization and RamJam could just be folded over to similar stations from vanilla) and new content on Integrity, PLR and WKTT; new websites and TV shows
  • First person mode
  • Snapmatic
  • Visual filters for each protag, like in the original DLCs
  • More clothing options for all three protags
I think R* could pull all these off without that much effort, but for some more unlikely wishes:

• Vehicle customization
  • Additional story content for Johnny and Luis
  • Original multplayer modes as an option, not just Online
  • Staten Island and more of Alderney
  • More side missions; assassinations, car thefts and other freelance work for Niko, expanded gang wars (perhaps even crew customization) for Johnny, more club management-related stuff for Luis
  • Bernie as a friend contact for Niko; Malc and Elizabeta for Johnny; Tony and Yusuf for Luis
Honestly, this turned out to be a tricky assignment. I'm having trouble coming up with ideas that are not just an expansion on what already is in the game or convenience features from V. Changing or adding too much new stuff would, like I said at the start, honestly turn this into a completely different game. No point in "fixing" anything other than obvious oversights (the Alderney patrol cars) too.

God, I really am a purist fanboy after all.

Elizabeta has been gone to jail and Tony moved to Vice City andthey could just turn the Pay n Spray to Liberty City Customs, cool concept tho ;)

PhillBellic

Add

-Proper cars for Alderney State Police

Screw You! :angry:

giphy.gif

Nico

Fix the goddamn PC port.

I strongly doubt they will ever touch this game again, and if they do, they will make a few superficial changes and that's it. I think integrating the three games into one and adding more features is asking too much for the remaster of a game they wish they had never done.

PhillBellic

Fix the goddamn PC port.

I strongly doubt they will ever touch this game again, and if they do, they will make a few superficial changes and that's it. I think integrating the three games into one and adding more features is asking too much for the remaster of a game they wish they had never done.

Can you please link to where they said that?

However +1 on properly coding the PC Version.

cp1dell

Realistically it'd probably be more like the III, VC, and SA mobile "remasters," with minor touch-ups. Then again they weren't true remasters, just ported to mobile platforms with some minor adjustments. Now, Bully: Scholarship Edition - that was a remaster. And then there's GTA V which was a straight up remaster, but I still believe that the PS4/Xbone/PC versions were the original editions, but downgraded to be released on the PS360.

I'd like to see them go the B:SE route though. Readjust the textures, lighting, models, etc. Maybe add a couple things that didn't make it into the final version of the game. But nothing that really changes the core of the game. So no seamless character switching, no "all content" in one - stuff like that.

I have always hoped that someone would do that with V with a modding team. Bring over all of IV+EFLC, build the missions from scratch and use "The Possible Trinity" as a reference for the large story, but I guess that's still a few years away. Hell, if anything ever comes out of that "remastered GTA IV Middle Park" screenshot and Rockstar brings over the map themselves to GTA V, modders would just have to worry about all the other stuff and somehow get minigames working, missions, cutscenes, audio etc.

Damn, got really off-track there but that guy wishing for Rockstar to merge IV+EFLC in a remaster got me dreaming about this again.

Zello

-More clothes? Maybe things like a coat, sunglasses

I've always wanted a fur coat for Johnny and Luis

kBXa6ga.jpg?1

It would look soo badass on them

OT: Aside from a couple of things like yellow taxi missions, parking garages, convenience stores/bodegas and more clothing options keep everything the same.

Edited by Zello

Osho

- Remove

. All Minigames

. Flying rats

. Stunt jumps

. Dating

. QU3BD

. Mission Reset system

. Animation glitches

. Swingset glitch

. Vehicles vanishing and duplication bug/glitch

. Several other major to minor glitches

. Internet cafes

. Apartments

. Hospital

. Remove pointless and boring errand strands from the story campaign to keep it short.

- Change

. Niko's walking speed

. Make Niko move around and control much more smoothly and swiftly, just like 3D era classics.

. Sprint by default. Hold

. Archaic gun mechanics

. Hand to hand combat

. Super clunky controls

. Awful framerates

. sh*tty graphics that make me feel motion sick, so blurry, lacking clarity and not crisp with whatever retarded filter system being used.

. Performance on PC - SUCKS!

. Brain-dead AI of the street races that are just terrible, the dumb enemies, psychic cops and retarded traffic system on roads.

. Stupid in-game economy

. Awful Helicopter controls

- Add

. Stealth and silencer

. Garages

. Customization

. Safehouses to purchase

. Vehicle based missions variety

. Stadium challenges

. Gym

. More underground gunshops with no two shops are copy and paste versions.

. More and better variety of interiors that are much more useful and interactive, making sense.

. More dangerous areas that are unsafe with randomized enemy or police shootouts

. Variety of Asset missions

. Parachute and Jetpack!

. More Crime related side missions

zuckmeslow

keep everything, no gta V graphics, no character switching, no new sounds, no new engine or physics. same game, but with 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second.

only thing i would want them to do would be to improve the textures of the streets, the cars, the character models and improve the weather effects. Maybe just some minor graphical improvements like depth of field, more fog, smoke and some refraction heat waves. add too much and it wouldn't feel like gta IV anymore. i would rather just get a simple remaster with better textures and weather effects and have it still feel like gta IV than get a completely revamped game with character switching and a new physics engine. Last thing i want is for gta IV to feel like gta V.

im sure if they do a good enough job of improving textures we could get the game looking like this

GTAIV_shot04_640.jpg

cp1dell

Speaking of which, are there any good texture mods for GTA IV?

The only ones I've seen don't actually increase the resolution - just use different textures, or the pack is incomplete, or the pack is complete - but advertisements and everything are replaced with real world ads/brands which is just disgusting.

American Venom

- Remove

. All Minigames

- Add

. Gym

So you'd remove all the minigames yet add the gym which is made up of minigames anyway?

Anyway I don't think there's anything I'd remove necessarily. The only things I'd change are tightening up the controls and movements and I'd add more money spending options like the cars on Autoeroticar being available for purchase and some more clothing stores being opened up around the city.

It would be more important to me that GTA IV still retains its original integrity without being tinkered too much to make it feel like a completely different game.

Big_Smiley

- Remove

. All Minigames

- Add

. Gym

So you'd remove all the minigames yet add the gym which is made up of minigames anyway?

Anyway I don't think there's anything I'd remove necessarily. The only things I'd change are tightening up the controls and movements and I'd add more money spending options like the cars on Autoerotica being available for purchase and some more clothing stores being opened up around the city.

It would be more important to me that GTA IV still retains its original integrity without being tinkered too much to make it feel like a completely different game.

Same. Just some minor changes here and there but not to change it's original feeling of IV and turn in it to a different game :^:

OT: Just one i would love. Being able to customize your vehicle like in SA and V. Would love to take Niko around with a customize Sabre GT in LC :cool:

Osho

Gym is not a minigame for fun or leisure, but a facility to work out and train CJ to improve the physical stats which, when improved upon, will enable you to unlock interesting gameplay elements that actually have an effect for the player, unlike boring minigames in IV that have no effect whatsoever on the character. It makes no sense that on one hand Niko spends hundreds of minutes in playing bowling, pool, etc., hanging out with friends, having a great time in strip clubs, dating girls on the internet, playing QU3BD, etc. and yet still keeps whining about how he wanted to lead a normal life in peace, going back to square one, only to find himself drawn back to one thing - Kill..kill..kill... f*ckin' continue to murder people?

No amount of socialising and minigames could make Niko stop whining at any point despite the story offers him the opportunity to leave violence. But he doesn¡¯t because "I need MOAR MONEY, and and killing is all I can do"

He feels that his soul is permanently tainted yet such a man can easily find himself in having all the joy and pleasures of a normal life...???

On the other hand, gyms add more believability to the character that reflects the life of CJ's neighborhood with graffiti tags, gyms, etc used to identify the gang life.

Sweet - If you don't respect your body, ain't nobody going to respect you. You to skinny CJ, you need to pack on some muscle. There's a gym I go to a couple block's out from the Grove. Go check it out and get yo'self a gangsta physique.

Every thing has been nicely explained in SA and makes so much sense in roleplaying the character of CJ.

Unlike Niko, there's really no depth nor any valid justification for such a character with a soul "permanently tainted" would still find a pleasure in playing minigames and hanging out with friends.

eCola

. Parachute and Jetpack!

A jetpack?

124936618712.jpg

Edited by WhyDoINeedAName

[...]

Add:

- interiors for the vehicles,

- optional FPV,

- more music to the radio stations,

- few vehicles from GTA V,

- Alderney license plates,

- Alderney State Patrol (or whatever they are called) police vehicles, as mentioned by the OP.

Remove:

- nothing. Pure and simple.

Change:

- skybox,

- textures (obviously).

PhillBellic

Add:

- New Alderney license plates,

- New Alderney State Police (or whatever they are called) PPV's, as mentioned by the OP.

FTFY. :^:

Let's not forget about Municipal Police Departments as well.

JosephStalin

I Wouldn't remove anything.

The only thing I Would add would be first person, imagine Three Leaf Clover in first person, that would be intense.

A few more clothing options would also be nice.