4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Who else liked Devin?

Neonic29

Dangerous and sad

Hated them all. Wei Cheng and stretch had a lot of potential but they got f*cked over. But the ending music is just amazing. Trevors badass walk, "I'm getting too old for this sh*t" and others.

• Like 2

I hated Devin so much!

Douchebag rich motherf*cker who gets you a job and doesn't even pay you after all the mess you made to get what he wanted.

Then he threats Michael and tries to kill his family with a merryweather squad, because he thought M killed his lawyer. Overall, he's the best antagonist in the game.

Steve Haines was good, Wei Cheng sounded threatening (tried to kill M to get what he wanted from T)

Stretch reminded me of Ryder from SA (both betray their homies for the enemy gang, the Ballas, Stretch also tried to get Lamar killed from the Ballas with the excuse to make another deal, they recognized Lamar from the GS deal that has gone wrong.)

Madrazo became a pussy after Trev teached him a lesson, the O'Neils looked powerful because they had a deal with the Triads to expand in Blaine County since they were already operating in LS. (T attacks the O'Neils for stealing his deal. Triads got mad and wanted to kill him for losing the business part in Blaine County.)

All of the antagonists are good in their roles, they just didn't appear in enough missions like Stretch and people think he was bad just because you didn't play enough missions with him as Franklin, but keep in mind that F wants to get moving on his life and wanted to get out of the hood.

Edited by Al3x_XXI

JosephStalin

I Liked him as a character, a very slimy arrogant sociopathic prick.

As an antagonist he had the most potential, I still think one of Michael's family should have been killed by Merryweather when sent by Weston it would have made him a more villenous antagonist and made killing him more satisfying.

So yes slick Devin was a good character.

Edited by FuckingYokel

The Dedito Gae

He was a condescending prick, not much of a menace though. He was just ok.

• Like 1

Cheatz/Trickz

The problem with Devin is that he's established as nothing more than a rich, arrogant businessman with a big mouth. Obviously not 100% legit, but a completely forced plot development at the end turns him into an affable monster with no qualms about murdering Michael's innocent family.

It's ridiculous.

Edited by Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Like 1

I liked Devin. He was enjoyable to watch. Steve Haines, however, was a total prick.

That is one of the MANY things that made him such an awesome antagonist. I loved his character, the machinations, and his cocky, arrogant demeanor. Right from go practically I couldn't wait to kill him!

Devin is one of that many reasons why the story and writing in V are so vastly superior! Clearly some of Dan Houser and his team's best work, and why the majority of fans and critics alike praise GTA's characters, story, and dialog. I am sure its also one of the reasons why GTA continues to sell excellently to this very day. :)

Edited by ChiroVette
  • Like 2

Only time I liked Devin was when he made his way to the ocean´s floor inside his car´s trunk. But then I felt bad, pollution of the sea is already bad enough.

• Like 2

Only time I liked Devin was when he made his way to the ocean´s floor inside his car´s trunk.

I definitely LOVED that scene. Awesome, climactic end to one of the best GTA antagonists in the series. Man, did I love killing him. Hahahaha and the whole ride from his house as he at first was arrogant and slowly the reality of his impending fate set in was CLASSIC.

Man, I am so grateful that Rockstar really went all out in every imaginable way for this game, bringing us a product that is every bit as incredibly fun and well written as it is polished! The Housers really pulled out all the stops for this gaming masterpiece.

bennagle109

Guy was a dick. All that work getting those cars from him, then driving all the way up past Paleto and get paid nothing. One of my favourite moments in the games was pushing that ass off a cliff, that and sniping Steve and the big one. How could you like a guy that rips you off?

Devin was an complete douchebag, it all started when Michael met him for the first time, sitting on that overly expensive car while not even really paying attention to Michael. He tried to mess around with Michael and Solomon as well and that got Molly killed, even though I didn't like her neither with that additude. Then he ripped off Franklin, Trevor and Lamar with the vehicles and he literally sent mercenaries to the De Santa residence to kill Tracey, Michael and Amanda. Yeah, I don't like Devin and I think few people actually like him here.

Edited by Bleached

Guy was a dick. All that work getting those cars from him, then driving all the way up past Paleto and get paid nothing. One of my favourite moments in the games was pushing that ass off a cliff, that and sniping Steve and the big one. How could you like a guy that rips you off?

I agree with everything you said! But I think you are accusing "like" in a literary sense with "like" as in you want to be friends with the guy. What's that old saying? "The guy you love to hate!"

Devin is a great antagonist and most GTA fans love him as an antagonist, and love killing him for that reason. But there is a huge difference between that and liking him as a human being (fictional). Tenpenny in San Andreas was maybe the best GTA antagonist of all time. I LOVE that character. But its because I HATE him so damned much that made me love the character.

Johnny Spaz

All of GTA V's villains were crap but Haines was the only one I really wanted to kill

All the antagonists were horrible. Nothing memorable about any of them. Now if they would have took Trevor and made him an antagonist, that would have been a better idea.

JosephStalin

The problem with Devin is that he's established as nothing more than a rich, arrogant businessman with a big mouth. Obviously not 100% legit, but a completely forced plot development at the end turns him into an affable monster with no qualms about murdering Michael's innocent family.

It's ridiculous.

I Thought the guy always came across as a complete sociopath who cared about no one and who would kill anyone who wronged him or made a fool of him, I Don't think it was forced at all.

Edited by FuckingYokel
  • Like 2

It's ridiculous.

I Thought the guy always came across as a complete sociopath who cared about no one and who would kill anyone who wronged him or made a fool of him, I Don't think it was forced at all.

Totally agree! Nothing forced, contrived, or stilted about Devin's character. He was the perfect GTA sociopath antagonist.

The Dedito Gae

All the antagonists were horrible. Nothing memorable about any of them. Now if they would have took Trevor and made him an antagonist, that would have been a better idea.

And losing the only interesting protag?

No.

*cough*

eMcFHNNu_400x400.jpeg

*cough*

It rather appears that nobody cares about Devin. Steve Haines, Don Percival and the directors of Merryweather, none of them give a s**t about Devin.

Devin is just a money-hungry prick. Thats it. The poor character development of this game made him nothing close to a sociopath.

• Like 2

No.

The worst protagonist, you mean. Franklin is underdeveloped, but at least he's not shouting and threatening people all the time for the sake of it.

Edited by JotaPDF20

Hahahaha and the whole ride from his house as he at first was arrogant and slowly the reality of his impending fate set in was CLASSIC.

Driving him to the cliffs was definitely one of the best parts with Trevor. Devin slowly realising that he pissed off the wrong guy and Trevor´s comments made the long drive to the cliffs really entertaining. :lol:

The Dedito Gae

No.

The worst protagonist, you mean. Franklin is underdeveloped, but at least he's not shouting and threatening people all the time for the sake of it.

No, i mean the only good protagonist, Franklin is boring and Michael is even worst.

At least i can get some kicks of Trevor unlike the other two losers.

Edited by Midnight Hitman

MiamiViceCity1986

I liked Devin the most out of all the antagonists, but it's really like being presented with 4 sh*t sandwiches and choosing the one that's the least sh*tty.

I guess that's not saying alot.

• Like 1