1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Just downloaded some 2GB update, says its done, then I have to redownl

seekdestroy16

seekdestroy16

Hi all,

I have this 2.9GB's update. I already did the 6GB update. I used the discs to install the game. But anyways, after doing the 2.9GB update, now I have to do it all over again. Anyone else having this problem?.

I've successfully, before, installed the game on Windows 7 with this same build from using the 7 installation discs and doing the updates.

damn.. once I get this working, I will NEVER UNINSTAL GTA V AGAIN.

gajrajgchouhan

Check there are .hash or other files except .rpf files and delte them in update/x64/dlcpacks/<insert dlc folder here>/

seekdestroy16

gtafolder1.JPG

Check there are .hash or other files except .rpf files and delte them in update/x64/dlcpacks/<insert dlc folder here>/

Yeah I checked all folders

I know you mean in side these DLC folders but there was no .hash files, only .rpf files. Leaving computer on for 4 hours until I get off work will get back to yu guys if the updates do not install again. It's only 2GB's...

seekdestroy16

For the second time it says "Ready to play", then I click on that button and then it starts a new update. Guess how big?. 1.47GB's. After this if it gives me BS I will update this agian.

seekdestroy16

It's 1.47GB's again.

I might just reinstall.. or something.

UPDATE

Nothing new, just did the 1.47 update AGAIN (this is the third official time) and it keeps going back to the same update. The update will finish, say gta v is ready to play, then will start downloading again after clicking the play button. wtf!!!!!

UPDATE 2:

I have read that this "loop" problem can be fixed simply by deleting the version.txt file inside the GTA V folder. Since most computers are 64-bit now, the installation folder would be the 64-bit folder, not the Program Files (x86) folder. Update isn't done now but it looks promising. It shows 55GB's out of 56.47GB's. Not 0 out of 1.47GB's over and over again.

Nevermind. Back to the same stupid f*cking update again. 1.47GB's. I seriously have no idea why this is happening.

Edited by seekdestroy16

gajrajgchouhan

You should search the WHOLE GTA V folder and remove any .hash file or something unusual.

Also try running game as a admin.

Edited by gajrajgchouhan

seekdestroy16

You should search the WHOLE GTA V folder and remove any .hash file or something unusual.

Also try running game as a admin.

It always asks me to "Retry" because I am not admin, so that's a check. I decided to uninstall, then reinstall. Almost done. Then more updates!. God. I made sure I deleted all game saves and anything I saw in the folder before reinstalling. I am still not sure why it won't fully update properly. Will post back when everything is "hopefully" done.

Member's Only

Don't listen to anyone here about hash files and sh*t.

This is a common problem with the garbage Social Club Launcher and sadly there isn't anything you can do except wait and see if it works.

Rockstar sucks huge dicks at DRMs.

seekdestroy16

This is a common problem with the garbage Social Club Launcher and sadly there isn't anything you can do except wait and see if it works.

Alright good to know, thanks man. I agree, GTA V online is always f*cking up, and on day 1 with playing the PC version of this game it was f*cking buggy as hell. Guess we just have to put up with their sh*t and take what we can get. I know they can do better though, like comeon.

PhillBellic

Alright good to know, thanks man. I agree, GTA V online is always f*cking up, and on day 1 with playing the PC version of this game it was f*cking buggy as hell. Guess we just have to put up with their sh*t and take what we can get. I know they can do better though, like comeon.

Which .exe are you using to launch the Game?

seekdestroy16

Which .exe are you using to launch the Game?

I used GTA V launcher because it was the only launcher that did not look corrupt. So I installed the game last night up to the final disc but only updated a bit, thats why. Before, I think I always used PlayGTAV.exe before I uninstalled then reinstalled.

I'm no longer using wireless so my download rate went from 1MBps to 5MBps, the updates should be done in like 22 minutes. Will report back. If this f*cks up then I;ll reinstall Windows... again. f*ck.

Edited by seekdestroy16

seekdestroy16

Ok. Update!.

I let GTA V update till it was fully done. The thing I only did differently this time was:

• I deleted game save dated when uninstalling, then reinstalled.
  • I downloaded all updates all at once.

The fast update speeds are only thanks to me switching over to Ethernet. If I had wireless still, i would of given up on the time it takes to update GTA V.

I wish the update was a patch you could download in one individual file.

Anyways, I guess I know how to troubleshoot better now, it could have just fixed itself. I just think there are problems when you only update GTA V incrementally, it should be done all at once to avoid any corrupt files.

Thanks all for the tips, hope this helps someone else. These stupid update issues have always been a problem for me.

Edited by seekdestroy16