Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,674 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Which City Did You Like The Most In GTA HD Era ?

Let's Vote!  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Which is Your Most Favourite City?

• Liberty City & Alderney (GTA IV & EFLC)
    • Los Santos & Blaine County (GTA V)

RogerWho

Adding to what BenMitchell said, you know what's funny...?

In GTA V, I always have this strange urge to enter places that aren't enterable. Like all the closed stores, restaurants and houses. But I don't really have the same nagging in IV, Watch Dogs, Sleeping Dogs or LA Noire. Why is that? I can't figure it out.

It's not the lack of interiors, because the other games don't have that many and V still has clothing stores, ammu nations and gas stations so I don't think that makes that much of a difference. It's not the advanced graphics or authenticity because LA Noire is the best in that regard and both are set in the shiny LA so they should feel similar. And yet, when I drive in Mirror Park in LS I'd like to enter and explore the houses there, while in the LA Noire variant, not so much.

So what could it be? Any armchair psychologist around here?

One theory I have is that since LS feels more like a playground or a dollhouse, I'm trying to approach it as such and would prefer to have everything open to me. While if the city feels more 'real', then I also behave more real - I mean, I wouldn't enter a store if I don't want to buy anything (I'm a man dammit) and wouldn't need to enter other people's houses just for the hell of it. But I'm not sure if this theory holds, because it can easily be interpreted the other way around (i.e. you'd rather enter real places, not the toy ones). So it could be something else yet.

BTW Watch Dogs did a funny thing in that a lot of the businesses are obviously closed, some with barred windows and such. I think that was a pretty smart way to distinguish non-interactive things. These other games don't do that to the same extent.

Michael

Los Santos cool but I think I like Liberty City the most. The Grand Theft Auto V map is maybe bigger than the Grand Theft Auto IV map but I always feel like I can get lost in some places in Liberty City, I don't have that feeling in Los Santos. I know pretty much every place in Los Santos out of my head. I also like the suburbs in Liberty City more than in Grand Theft Auto V.

Edited by Michael

Osho

Obviously because Vs LS is much more diverse set in an open ended environment rather than a concrete jungle with little diversity, bland and samey looking, which while looks beautiful, I felt Liberty City was very bland and apart from the graphics offered nothing much to admire, which is why I never could become as familiar with LC as Los Santos or GTA SA cities that I easily remember every inch of their map.

Just a personal view. I think Vs LS is beautifully realised while it didn't take a big leap from LC in some aspects for the most part the LS and its surroundings are the best HD playground to have fun.

PhillBellic

Alderney City has this little Gem;

GTA4.jpg

They have some great things there.

BenMitchell90

*snip*

Well said. :^:

Having never been to NYC myself GTA IV's rendition made it so recognisable everytime I see NYC in a movie, tv shows etc it feels familiar from the countless hours I've played of GTA IV.

This video was posted in the GTA IV forum the other day and might be worth a look if you can spare the 16 minutes or so it goes for. :)

Thanks!

Even though I'm working on my first playthrough of V on XB1 and am focused on getting through the huge backlog I've built up since getting an XB1, watching that really feels me with the urge to start up a new IV playthrough. Rockstar really outdid themselves with LC.

Jammsbro

This thread proves that GTA fans are primarily hipsters desperate to love the "real" gta experiernce of IV and shun the "stupid" gta experience of V.

Anyone, ANYONE who prefers the dull, monotonous, constantly similar LC to LS is talking sh*t. LS is varied, chnges colours and weather, has the most beautiful light show in games. LC was good for it's time, but is severely dated and overall, dull.

Algonquin Assassin

Anyone, ANYONE who prefers the dull, monotonous, constantly similar LC to LS is talking sh*t.

Well that settles it folks. According to this guy you're full of sh*t for preferring a virtual city over another.

PhillBellic

Anyone, ANYONE who prefers the dull, monotonous, constantly similar LC to LS is talking sh*t.

Well that settles it folks. According to this guy you're full of sh*t for preferring a virtual city over another.

And on that Bombshell, this Topic should be Locked then.

End of Discussion.

:p

Osho

See. I'm not unfairly singling out the GTA IV fans. Even other people can notice what I've been noticing. Not all, but normally many IV fans act in a lot strange manner than other fans of the series.

OT:

LC isn't bad with all the details they put in the city, remaking the old GTA III version ( which still rocks, and personally, prefer over HD LC ) in the HD rendition.

The problem is that it feels like Rockstar simply updated the old LC with HD textures making it a bit more believable living, breathing world. What giant leaps did HD LC make over the old LC besides the graphical fidelity with millions of microscoping details slapped all over the entire city to drool ?!?! The interactivity within the city is extremely poor. Even old LC had certain things to interact which are either absent in HD LC or simply appears as a prop with zero interaction. Sure, you can pick up certain objects and throw but what value does it bring that makes the old LC more different?

HD LC still feels like a static world to drive around and explore the pretty looking exteriors you couldn't enter. The sandbox also offers nothing interesting to engage either which makes the open world feel very empty and soulless, more than the sandbox in GTA III LC which still seems superb in comparison for its time.

So yeah, I don't understand all the people jumping on the HD LC bandwagon while pointing out millions of flaws in the HD Los Santos which are still commonly shared with HD LC?

The thing about HD LS is its awesome open ended layout while still preserving ( and even more ) in terms of all the details and graphical fidelity in the environment which helps to provide the amazing feeling that comes from knowing sooo.. much diverity present in the world unlike the way Rockstar concentrated concrete jungle with all the constant noise, traffic, retarded drivers, boring copy/pasted crowd which led to so much suffocation in the city that I lost the interest quickly and just couldn't handle so much realism and for what??

There's just nothing to divert my attention from too many annoying elements present in the HD LC in order to make my time enjoyable without getting a cop on my ass. The way Niko moves and the sh*tty controls with framerate drops made matters worse to spend my time longer within the city.

All those issues are absent in the HD LS and I can take a deep breath while enjoying the beautiful city in playing the good old GTA style. The cops are still a nuisance but that's easily avoidable with a few tricks.

E:

To quote: Quiet Pedestrain Realism mod

Do you ever get tired of the comments the pedestrians yell out or tired of the constant bad humor and lame jokes when you are trying to play a serious game? Or when you honk your horn everyone looks at you and stops and yells at you? Well not anymore. I made this mod because I was tired of all that and the pedestrians just got annoying. So pedestrians no longer yell out stupid humorous stuff or vulgar stuff. No more hot dog stand vendor yelling either. Everyone pretty much just leavers you alone. People don't yell or scream when you honk your horn now either. This will make the game more realistic in my personal opinion. So if you get tired of the same old jokes and comments being yelled out, then install my mod.

This is EXACTLY the prblems I have with the kind of realism Rockstar simply went overboard which is all cool and nice for the first few playthrough but it sucks the fun out of the city later.

The developers should give more options to turn the realism off if certain things annoy the players a lot. That's why I don't want to see Liberty City return EVER again in future. I am already sick with LC in IV, not interested in torturing myself more with such densely packed concrete jungles.

Edited by Osho

Efreet

Liberty City (LC) for sure. By nature, this city provides a more fun and interesting area to explore. The narrow and dense streets allow for easier mobility between different districts, so you constantly find yourself occupied looking at the beautiful architecture and observing people from all walks of life going about their lives. The city provides a balance in terms of neighborhood diversity, that is, there's an equal amount of districts of different and varying socioeconomic and cultural levels. The many layers of architecture, people, background noise and indoor details allow you to easily distinguish between the different areas within it, so you can develop varying levels of emotional attachment and feelings towards the various parts of it.

LC has no shortage of small details that build on the top of each other to make the whole city a believable place to live in and explore. It's no strange to find rundown apartments and abandoned buildings having their own ambience, from the sad to the shady. On the other hand, Los Santos, a city with no soul and identity, glamorizes itself not for its variety or atmosphere, but only for having itself running on an upgraded graphics rendering technology. It's no wonder that a very large part of those who favor V over IV still admit that no city comes close to the believability and grittiness of LC. Hossam didn't refer to it using the 'She' pronoun for no reason. It's actually a place with a character and a soul, a place that you can flirt with and have an emotional attachment to.

Edited by Jabalous

Algonquin Assassin

See. I'm not unfairly singling out the GTA IV fans. Even other people can notice what I've been noticing. Not all, but normally many IV fans act in a lot strange manner than other fans of the series.

What on earth are you talking about now?

Anyway as for Los Santos maybe "mods" might help it, but on console it still feels like a fancied up L.A from Midnight Club: Los Angeles.

I can't even recall most of the neighbourhoods yet I remember them in GTA IV as well as I know the back of my hand.

I appreciate the details R* put into the city, but really I just prefer NYC as more of a setting than L.A hence why Liberty City will always come out on top.

RogerWho

Los Santos isn't even a city. It's a dollhouse for little kids. I don't play with dolls.

Osho

Disagree.

Los Santos is as much of a city as Liberty city, with the only downside being that its size, scope and depth is so unprecedented in GTA series history that it'll need a powerful machine to make it more realistic, more interesting, more alive, and more activities to do.

Liberty city with a map smaller than SA was lucky to run on the prev. gen. of consoles and even then it looked it has regressed in a number of ways, particulary in the interaction and interiors, along with numerous technical issues and gameplay mechanics that feel half-baked. Clearly, If LC struggled soo.. hard to render all its amazing details with as smooth performance as possible then what Los Santos managed to achieve with additional improvements on those same last gen consoles seems too good to believe.

On PC, Los Santos comes to its full glory with different improvements and settings to the game, including the various modifications which turn LS into a magnificient city, it makes the boring, severely dated and suffocating Liberty City pale in comparison.

Goten21

Liberty City is much more detailed and alive

That being said... I prefer los Santos lol. I don't like griminess, sorry

RogerWho

Disagree.

Los Santos is as much of a city as Liberty city

Nope. Playground, dollhouse, movie set, window dressing - people call it all these things because it's an illusion, and not even a good one at that.

Just like the whole GTA V game, it samples everything and jumbles it together without rhyme and reason, each part without any depth and so small it would be laughable if it wouldn't be sad for the 'biggest' GTA game.

"Neighbourhoods" consisting of 3 houses, a "desert" that's barely larger than the house block I live in, a "sea" that's a barely puddle and pointless to boot, "towns" as large as settlements in 1700 America, "forests" as vast as kindergarten parks. Describing anything in the GTA V map requires quotes because everything is scaled down to a ridiculous degree.

The "airport" reminds me of LEGO set I had when I was 6, the "highway" circles around the whole map, exactly how a kid would build it for their car toy set or what their carpet looks like. Toys, toys, and more toys.

Everything is small and toy-like so it doesn't intimidate the 10-year old squeakers, everything is bright and colorful just like their LEGO sets, the only part of the whole map that is done well enough is the city center so that the idiots in Online always meet there and don't get lost.

The largest map? Bullsh*t and lies, half of it is filled with empty mountains and the "sea". And they still break even this pathetic illusion of vast space with the "highway" which will get you from one side to another under a minute. What do we need the planes for if using a bike is faster?

Like Liberty City or not, it's a city and doesn't pretend to be anything more or less, it's an elaborated city, not this disjointed mess made by people with ADHD that jump onto another task before even half finishing the first one, and done exactly for this kind of people as well.

Or do you want to tell me that the detailed ocean floor makes up for it? Because that's the only f*cking thing in that whole map that's elaborated enough.

But hey, one thing the game did well, it gave the 2 biggest skyscrapers to intelligence agencies, I guess that explains why cops know about where exactly you are the second you shoot your silenced gun. Guess this dollhouse is supposed to get the kids ready for the police state.

And sure, it's so amazing they made this nice looking playground run on the old hardware. That's because they sacrificed all the depth and detail for some extra screen resolution. Good job, totally worthwhile, graphics over all!

The only time the game retains the illusion is when you look at the city at night from above, that's when it looks like there could be an actually city down there. But as soon as the day comes or you get down to the street and drive for 20 seconds, the illusion breaks down just like the LEGO set it is.

Edited by RogerWho

Osho

Looks like reading the harsh truth about Liberty City's mediocrity seems to have provoked great outpouring on the part of LC fans, which suggests my points were pretty much spot on!

A lot of the arguments made against V are pretty much applicable to Liberty City as well. So, I don't find LC better than LS, nor LS as worse as people make it out to be, especially, when I think about the numerous flaws of LC in comparison, and it is essentially exactly what I explained earlier and quote:

I don't understand all the people jumping on the HD LC bandwagon while pointing out millions of flaws in the HD Los Santos which are still commonly shared with HD LC?

Hence, Los Santos is as much of a city, with all the flaws, as Liberty city.

The rest of the points talking about the kindergarten parks, toys, LEGO sets, 10-year old squeakers, disjointed mess made by people with ADHD, and what not, are just emotionally led, unsubstantiated claims that doesn't even make sense that I find important to respond.

No matter what people say, the truth is, Los Santos still packs a punch as it actually displayed some good diversity, gameplay features, great conditions for a fun environment, etcetra over LC that it still holds an edge for reasons as explained already.

LS is indeed flawed on the execution side as much as LC is, but there's one significant exception to this and that is even though it failed to reach the potential on the last gen consoles, there's still the potential to make Los Santos look absolutely magnificient of it, by experiencing on PC!

Even on NG Consoles,,Los Santos shows some major changes and decent improvements that many last gen players have found the solution to some of the disappointments. Unlike the terrible performance of IV, both on consoles and crappy unoptimized PC, Liberty City seems to be stuck with all the numerous design and technical issues forever. lol

The Rockstar Gamer 108

A Century of Votes : That's Great!

Ratio of LC to LS = 61 : 39

Edited by DIze

Jammsbro

QFT

RogerWho
The rest of the points talking about the kindergarten parks, toys, LEGO sets, 10-year old squeakers, disjointed mess made by people with ADHD, and what not, are just emotionally led, unsubstantiated claims that doesn't even make sense that I find important to respond.

Looks like reading the harsh truth about Los Santos' mediocrity seems to have provoked great outpouring on the part of LS fans, which suggests my points were pretty much spot on!

There, fixed the quote for you and it fits so well! Thanks!

even though it failed to reach the potential on the last gen consoles, there's still the potential to make Los Santos look absolutely magnificient of it, by experiencing on PC!

Did the NG/PC version remove that big f*cking mountain and pointless sea and replace them with something sensible? Did it add more towns, make the existing ones bigger and instead of the one single highway, built a road system that feels natural? Did it change the layout enough that flying planes make sense to get from one place to another? No? What did it add apart from more stupid collectibles and pointless gimmicks? Nothing but a new coat of paint over the cardboard.

Oh, sorry, you can get high and play as an animal. Oh, I'm so convinced now. Not. Just more kiddie play.

It's also quite hilarious how you dismiss the immense graphical upgrade GTA IV offered over its predecessor while you get all torn up and gush over definitely lesser graphical upgrade GTA V provided.

Edited by RogerWho

PJR_4015

The interactivity within the city is extremely poor.

Could you please give some examples of how the interaction with the city and it's population can be improved? You often bring it up, saying that it's poor, but you never really say how it should be done instead. While you're at it, can you also give examples of what you think are fitting and interesting minigames and sidemissions, because that's another thing you frequently mention without actually giving examples of good sidemission design.

:: In GTA V, I always have this strange urge to enter places that aren't enterable. Like all the closed stores, restaurants and houses. But I don't really have the same nagging in IV, Watch Dogs, Sleeping Dogs or LA Noire. Why is that? I can't figure it out.

The buildings were more detailed and detached from each other than in most games. If you look at them, they often look a lot like the few buildings that you could enter in IV. Many even have glass windows you can see into.

RogerWho

I don't know. LA Noire has much more detailed buildings and yet doesn't give me the same vibe.

Shadowfennekin

Los Santos. It's so beautiful, and it just feels more alive with all the animals running around.

Osho

The interactivity within the city is extremely poor.

Could you please give some examples of how the interaction with the city and it's population can be improved? You often bring it up, saying that it's poor, but you never really say how it should be done instead.But the great classic GTA SA showed how it can be done. You have played the classic, right?

GTA SA: Street Talking

San Andreas raises the bar yet again by adding an interactive and dynamic element to the experience that's never been seen in the series.

Part of this is due to the dynamic nature of the main character, CJ. While you were playing with characters whose personalities were immutable in the previous entries in the series, you'll be able to affect how CJ evolves over the course of the game. To give you a rough idea of what to expect as you play, CJ has many different moods that he articulates through more than 4,200 comments. This number excludes the more than 3,500 scripted comments and lines in the over two hours of motion-captured cutscenes. That may seem like a bit much, but all those lines are needed to give CJ's personality its individuality.

Depending on how you choose to develop CJ's character as you play through the game, his demeanor and commentary will change. For example, there's fat CJ, pissed-off CJ, wisecracking CJ, and sweet-talking CJ, to name just a few. These different sides of his personality will play out over the course game as it adjusts your conversation style to match the situation. Unlike with Tommy Vercetti, who would respond only when he felt like it, the frequency and nature of CJ's dialogue is under your control. Anytime he's spoken to (which is often), CJ has the choice of responding by tapping left on the D pad for a negative response and right on the D pad for a positive response.

This feature wouldn't be much good if CJ didn't have people to talk to, but of course he will--a whole state full of them. You'll find more than 300 different kinds of pedestrians in the game, with 60,000 different comments. The colorful residents of San Andreas like to talk to CJ about all sorts of things. And, of course, everyone is a critic. You'll find that every pedestrian walking the streets and country roads of the state has an opinion about CJ, and they'll frequently comment on most aspects of his appearance--everything from his choice of clothing, haircut, and tattoos to his physical fitness. Their comments range from fawning to blistering and everything in between, and they'll even turn their heads to make sure that CJ hears their snide remark.

All IV had to do was follow the steps of the legendary GTA SA to improve many of the things significantly, and turn them into much better that only superior tech might allow, but unfortunately, IV wasted majoroty of the tech show in graphics and details. I guess "regress" is the new progress for pushing the series backwards in IV?

In IV, Niko cannot communicate with other pedestrians via controls. On some occasions, Niko may reply to the pedestrian by default.

If you wish to see some examples then check out some of the old games listed on my profile to get an idea of how inferior IV feels to those games that didn't even have the privileges like AAA developers have from budget to superior tech, and yet are far ahead of IV in interactions with the people. For instance, Gothic 2, Baldurs Gate, etc.

GTA SA doesn't come close to many old games, but it at least tried given the limitations and tech available for its time and what it did was simply amazing.

But IV? For shame, really.

eCola

Liberty City wins, hands down, go home. It is always alive rain or shine, day or night.

Los Santos feels like a city that was built with Legos.

Failure

The answer is the best city in the GTA series, the HD rendition of Liberty City. It just outshines Los Santos in almost all aspects. The things which separate LC from all other GTA cities is it's realism, the attention towards detail and how alive it feels.

First up, the city feels like it was designed for a proper SP experience, unlike V's Los Santos, which clearly shows that it has developed with Online in mind. If you are somewhere in the western Los Santos, and you want to head south to the airport, you are forced to take either one of the two roads, which are infamous for being designed as 'Online ambush points'. In LC however, if you want to go to the Castle Gardens pier from Holland, you have a variety of roads to choose, each being different than the other.

R* captured the environment perfectly with LC. Each neighborhood is unique in LC. I don't get the 'uniqueness' feeling in LS. There's not really that much of a difference between Strawberry, Davis and Chamberlain Hills. You can easily see how Beachgate contrast it's neighbours, Hove Beach and Firefly Projects. There's a great balance in diversity, unlike V. There are a lot of boring mansion/upper class neighbourhoods, the ghettos are nothing special, and the middle class community is non-existent.

The view of the Algonquin skyline from outside Roman's cab office is spectacular and unforgettable. A few weeks later when you are allowed to enter Algonquin through the Broker bridge, I get the sensation of unlocking and achievement. In V, Downtown is literally a few blocks away after you unlock free-roam. Not much progression.

LC is more alive than LS. A lot of people say this, because it's the truth. People sweep the streets in the morning, people carry their groceries, random arguments break out. These tell you that you are part of a massive world, unlike in V, where the world feels like a movie set. Dull and unresponsive. Peds don't do anything besides smoking, holding a coffee cup or using their phones. The bright colours and visuals don't improve it.

Even though both games are good in recreating iconic landmarks, IV does it better.

LC has a better highway system, better policing as cops patrol the streets and don't kill you for standing next to them, interesting activities to do, the city still feels fresh even after 8 years, each alleyway has something unique and this list goes on and on.

Sure, iconic buildings don't have interiors in LC, but it's the same story in LS.

The only thing LS does better than LC is the beaches, but beaches aren't the place you frequent in a GTA game.

TBH, Liberty City has more character and history than the characters of V.

Even Alderney is better than Los Santos.

PhillBellic

Even New Alderney is better than Los Santos.

Yes, that's another thing. In IV, you can travel to two different States at anytime.

Algonquin Assassin

LC is more alive than LS. A lot of people say this, because it's the truth. People sweep the streets in the morning, people carry their groceries, random arguments break out. These tell you that you are part of a massive world, unlike in V, where the world feels like a movie set. Dull and unresponsive. Peds don't do anything besides smoking, holding a coffee cup or using their phones. The bright colours and visuals don't improve it.

Don't forget too in GTA V R* tried to compensate by adding those scripted random events which ironically make it feel more like a movie set. It's sad on a repeated play through when you know after some time you'll see the same Lost van holding up exactly the same store or the same guy having his bike stolen or whatever in the same spot. Really ruins the spontaneous nature of the open world IMO.

Liberty City is so much more organic in this regard.

PhillBellic

Don't forget too in GTA V R* tried to compensate by adding those scripted random events which ironically make it feel more like a movie set. It's sad on a repeated play through when you know after some time you'll see the same Lost van holding up exactly the same store or the same guy having his bike stolen or whatever in the same spot. Really ruins the spontaneous nature of the open world IMO.

Or the same exact lady having her Purse/Handbag stolen from the exact same location. :/

RogerWho
It's sad on a repeated play through when you know after some time you'll see the same Lost van holding up exactly the same store or the same guy having his bike stolen or whatever in the same spot. Really ruins the spontaneous nature of the open world IMO.

Liberty City is so much more organic in this regard.

Hm, that might answer my question from the previous page why do I feel the need to do things in LS that it won't allow, like enter most interiors, while I don't feel the same in those other games. It's pretence. LS/V is full of it. It pretends to do all kinds of stuff but doesn't really do well most of them.

Those other games/cities are either richer in any given regard, or do the opposite and either completely drop or at least minimize the pretence. It's just GTA V/LS, again, trying to be both at the same and ends up being a blended mix.

The other games try to do justice to the things they can do well and drop those that can't. LC or WD's Chicago don't have planes or forests or deserts and a lot of other things that they couldn't do them well within their world or the limitations. They don't do things as half-assed as V/LS does.

Some people call LC "look but don't touch", so in that case LS is "don't even look too closely or you'll see the cardboard".

So osho mentions the character interaction in SA because of course he does. In SA it was breaking the immersion because unless you change CJ's clothes or weight or other stats every 5 minutes, you'll get the same responses over and over, from people that shouldn't even know you. It might have been a good idea and maybe impressive for the time but it just couldn't be done really well.

So IV/LC dropped it completely, and rather concentrated on other things which it could do WELL. WD went the other route and tried to cram really as many unique mini-stories and personalities into the city and its peds that most players probably won't even get to see most of them (I was pretty crazy about looking for them and they still started to repeat only by the end of the game). Neither does this solution half-assed.

Edited by RogerWho