Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,256 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Which City Did You Like The Most In GTA HD Era ?

Let's Vote!  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Which is Your Most Favourite City?

• Liberty City & Alderney (GTA IV & EFLC)
    • Los Santos & Blaine County (GTA V)

Misunderstood

The only thing I can complain about is that in LC some of the streets are just really tight and the traffic density high.

Are you playing the PC version? Because there's a slider to change the density of traffic. Not too sure how traffic was on consoles as I haven't touched my PS3 and 360 versions in months.

Creme_Brulee

The only thing I can complain about is that in LC some of the streets are just really tight and the traffic density high.

Are you playing the PC version? Because there's a slider to change the density of traffic. Not too sure how traffic was on consoles as I haven't touched my PS3 and 360 versions in months.

No, I'm on PS3. Still, it varies a lot. One moment the streets can be empty and the next moment it's a traffic jam, although that mostly happens when you have a wanted level so I can kinda understand it.

frapplatte

They are both very different.

Liberty City inner city cruises reminded me of city cruising.

Los Santos is more urban cruising.

One was a metropolis, the other was a flashy city with some redneck areas.

PhillBellic

No, I'm on PS3. Still, it varies a lot. One moment the streets can be empty and the next moment it's a traffic jam, although that mostly happens when you have a wanted level so I can kinda understand it.

For reference the PC Version has a Traffic Density Slider Bar. It's believed that the Consoles have it set at 33.

SirGrandTheft

For sure Liberty City.

The Rockstar Gamer 108

See, To Give LC 100% NY Looks R* Was Forced To Make LC Dark.

LA is a Warm Place. That's Why R* Had To Make LS Brighter and Had To Give More Sunlight To That Thing. So it will look like LA.

mp412rex

los santos is so beautiful, but liberty is so realistic, im torn but id give the vote to LS by a small margin

Tycek

Liberty City as it's one of the most beautifully crafter and one of the most alive cities ever created in video games. Despite its size it feels and looks like a real life NYC, combining all its sounds, looks and soul into one brilliant package.

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Correct! I have seen GTA V contains many of IV sounds which do not match with that game.

--Vega--

Los Santos definitely. The open-free feel can't be beat.

New York (both in video games and IRL) tends to get old and feels too crammed/cesspool for me to enjoy for any length of time.

RogerWho

North Yankton ain't in the poll?

Fooking Rekt

Liberty City. V's LS is nonexistent to me.

Edited by Fooking Rekt

dakkajet

Los Santos, it's a sunny metropolises! I get that LC is purposely dark and dull, but I do prefer the atmosphere in LS. I love flying over the city at about noon and looking down upon the FIB, IAA and the Maze Band Buildings, the Olympian and Del Pero Freeways. Flying is a much more enjoyable experience in LS. LC is a diverse city, and it's not I don't like it- Though I have had IV for only 4 days and I am almost finished the story mode and haven't yet had much of a chance to fully explore. I do really like to LTA Subway System, I use it a good bit. The LST Metro is much smaller and covers far less of the city so I rarely notice its existence (I know very little about LA so I presume any metro there is similar so this is not a critism). Over all I do prefer LS and surrounding SA, it offers a large urban and rural open world experience.

razor6162

I've voted 4 Ciudad de La Libertad (aka Liberty City)

JosephStalin

Let me just say Los Santos is absolutely beautiful it's the most detailed city thus far and it's the best to explore on foot.

With that said Liberty City has a special place in my heart it feels like home, it's hard to explain it just has a special atmosphere I still find it exhilarating going across the Algonquin bridge or cruising around hove beach, for instance, Los Santos as beautiful as it is, does not give me that same feeling, not quite anyway.

So I'm going to go with Liberty City, but both are Beautiful.

Alderney City + lower Alderney. If the question is limited to settings of the games, i did prefer the whole Liberty metro area to LS, but not by a WHOLE LOT. LS redeems itself for me with beauty and uniqueness from one block to the next, though it's not very conducive to me play style. LC+NA is a real bore in comparison, but taken as its parts is more preferable to play in and perhaps even more interesting due to density, in my opinion.

ScottleeSV

Had to really think about this one tbh.

Just about Los Santos, but it's close.

Jezus Holy Christ

LS.

But I'm planning to like SF the most :p

Thegrandtheftmaster

Well in general I think Gta 5 is a better game, but this is the city. Anyways in Los santos it's very sunny with great detail and countryside. While Liberty city is gray and depressing with ok detail. I think Los santos looks more beautiful at night then Liberty city does. I also like how Los santos has palm trees. Liberty city is awesome and all, but I don't feel at home there though. In Los santos I feel at home, because we have houses in vinewood hills and mirror park. Los santos feels more of a laid back city then Liberty city tbh with you. Los santos feels more luxury then Liberty city, because of all the nice houses. Los santos feels like a rich city that doesn't feel depressing like Liberty city. Liberty city doesn't feel like it has those type of nice houses it feels like they put too much skyscrapers and not enough ghettos.

Liberty_City.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Liberty city feels like a depressing city with not much luxury. Los santos feels sunny with a bunch of luxury houses in vinewood. While I'm kind of mad at rockstar for putting useless mountains in east Los santos and should done ghettos there instead it's still a nice city. I like Liberty city it feels like Gta 3 all over again with Gta San Andreas features and better graphics. Liberty city motto "worst place in America" it gives you that feel. I'm kind of disappointed that rockstar didn't put Staten Island in Liberty city, but I'm sure when they do Liberty city in a future HD era Gta they will do Liberty state and expand Liberty city. Same goes for Los santos it's only part of southern San Andreas not the whole San Andreas state. It's really a tough decision in terms of which city you like most. You can be in a city with luxury houses and with more detail put into it, or you could be in a depressing city with lots of crime. Tbh honest with you my complaint with Los santos is that the map should be bigger do they can add more ghettos. Liberty city I wish it had countryside and Staten Island. Guys I have to say it's really a tie. Los santos feels like a laid back city with a luxury and sunny feeling(sometimes it feels like vice city to me for some strange reason lol) or Liberty city a depressing city with some type of weather. They both have crime in the city, but it would be cool if we could go to Los santos in 1992 in Gta 5 and see the Los santos riots.

Liberty city has that Gta 3 feeling you know (btw Gta Liberty city stories isn't dark so that Liberty city in that game sucks.) , now Liberty city doesn't have countryside which is an issue for me. Los santos has countryside and I'm glad it does it feels good to get out of the city.

@TheOtherRyan

I agree it was cool in Gta 4 that you could watch the history of Liberty city tv show. Los santos doesn't feels like a movie set probably, because of vinewood. Your right Liberty city had the Mafia, Russians and Jamaican gangs etc.., this is why I think Las Vegas should be in Gta 6. Well I think it's strange that rockstar yet to set a gta in the Midwest. But seriously though it's not rockstar' fault that Los santos feels like a movie set to you. That's just the way Los Angeles is setup. This might sound creepy to you, but I have seen your post on Los santos vs Liberty city topics back in 2013. The Liberty city atmosphere feels alive while Los santos atmosphere is just odd. Well this is exactly why we need Gta to be set in vice city again.

Edited by Thegrandtheftmaster

Thegrandtheftmaster

Btw this is more of a Gta issue, but we all need to understand that when rockstar were creating Los santos they had more experience with technology and more advanced technology. Not only does this effect how the graphics are, but it also effects interaction with the city. Everyone shouldn't compare the city features, but the city feeling, because keep in mind Gta 5 is on next gen. Rockstar made Gta 5 to the limits of the last gen,but Gta 4 they didn't. Los santos is a more developed city in general, because rockstar wanted to add entertainment. What I'm saying is that we shouldn't compare the city features, but the feel of the city. Los santos is more developed then Liberty city is. Los santos has these places for entertainment and convenience stores and things like that. Los santos is obviously gonna have more features then Liberty city since its been in development for 5 years.

Algonquin Assassin

Btw this is more of a Gta issue, but we all need to understand that when rockstar were creating Los santos they had more experience with technology and more advanced technology. Not only does this effect how the graphics are, but it also effects interaction with the city. Everyone shouldn't compare the city features, but the city feeling, because keep in mind Gta 5 is on next gen. Rockstar made Gta 5 to the limits of the last gen,but Gta 4 they didn't. Los santos is a more developed city in general, because rockstar wanted to add entertainment. What I'm saying is that we shouldn't compare the city features, but the feel of the city. Los santos is more developed then Liberty city is. Los santos has these places for entertainment and convenience stores and things like that. Los santos is obviously gonna have more features then Liberty city since its been in development for 5 years.

After a while Los Santos honestly starts to feel like a fancied up L.A from Midnight Club: Los Angelas and I don't think that's a good thing. Aesthetically Los Santos is nice, but it doesn't feel like something with over half a decade of development behind it.

I would like Los Santos so much more if R* gave more attention to it instead of wasting time on a detailed ocean floor hardly anyone seems to care about or the rest of the map being boring and empty countryside.

PhillBellic

After a while Los Santos honestly starts to feel like a fancied up L.A from Midnight Club: Los Angelas and I don't think that's a good thing. Aesthetically Los Santos is nice, but it doesn't feel like something with over half a decade of development behind it.

I would like Los Santos so much more if R* gave more attention to it instead of wasting time on a detailed ocean floor hardly anyone seems to care about or the rest of the map being boring and empty countryside.

See below, SOL.

Is this better? :-) Again I just did this to show you a possible possibility. I actually hope Los Santos would become even bigger. Having Anaheim Just a little bit bigger and maybe featuring San Bernadino in the East.

Bq7S6EM.jpg

See how there's a greater sense of Balance to the Los Santos Metropolitan Map. :^:

razor6162

Finally, LC seemed to be MORE DEVELOPED than Los Santos.

Liberty City 2008 > Los Santos 2013

> Means More Developed

razor6162

Los Santos looks like a city in Africa. I hate it's Endless Sahara Desert effect.

Semtex tk

Liberty city for me. I like the dark effect so yea. Lc for me

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Los Santos looks like a city in Africa. I hate it's Endless Sahara Desert effect.

Los Santos =/= Los Angeles

Los Santos = Cairo

Hodgey.

Liberty City for sure.

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy Los Santos but Liberty City feels more real and more gritty and it feels like a better fit overall for what IV was trying to achieve. Whereas while Los Santos is fun and enjoyable there are parts of the map that feel like they where added to please certain fans so they couldn't moan that there wasn't a desert or forest or countryside etc.

BenMitchell90

Liberty City, without a doubt. The sheer scale, attention to detail, and surprising amount of variety for an urban map that went into this place is absurd. Even if I've never been to NYC myself, even I can tell that they just nailed the city's look and vibe, far more than most other games (and even TV shows and films!) set in NYC. And perhaps most of all, it's interactive - from getting a bite to eat at a hot dog stand, to exploring creepy derelict projects full of hoodlums and crackheads, to playing pool with your friend at a little Jamaican hole-in-the-wall bar, to going up to the Rotterdam Tower's observation deck, to taking a helicopter tour across the city, to riding on the subway... you really come to feel like a resident. While I do really like Los Santos, especially in the CG version, its lack of interactivity is what really hurts it compared to LC.

I guess if I were to make a kinda weird analogy, Los Santos is Disney World, while Liberty City is a real city. While one is a fun place to visit to get away from it all and have fun, the other is a place you can really settle down in and sink your teeth into.

Oh, and LC's strip clubs play Mystikal's "Shake Ya Ass", and LS' Vanilla Unicorn doesn't. LC wins.

Algonquin Assassin

Liberty City, without a doubt. The sheer scale, attention to detail, and surprising amount of variety for an urban map that went into this place is absurd. Even if I've never been to NYC myself, even I can tell that they just nailed the city's look and vibe, far more than most other games (and even TV shows and films!) set in NYC. And perhaps most of all, it's interactive - from getting a bite to eat at a hot dog stand, to exploring creepy derelict projects full of hoodlums and crackheads, to playing pool with your friend at a little Jamaican hole-in-the-wall bar, to going up to the Rotterdam Tower's observation deck, to taking a helicopter tour across the city, to riding on the subway... you really come to feel like a resident. While I do really like Los Santos, especially in the CG version, its lack of interactivity is what really hurts it compared to LC.

I guess if I were to make a kinda weird analogy, Los Santos is Disney World, while Liberty City is a real city. While one is a fun place to visit to get away from it all and have fun, the other is a place you can really settle down in and sink your teeth into.

Oh, and LC's strip clubs play Mystikal's "Shake Ya Ass", and LS' Vanilla Unicorn doesn't. LC wins.

Well said. :^:

Having never been to NYC myself GTA IV's rendition made it so recognisable everytime I see NYC in a movie, tv shows etc it feels familiar from the countless hours I've played of GTA IV.

This video was posted in the GTA IV forum the other day and might be worth a look if you can spare the 16 minutes or so it goes for. :)

Son of Zeus

For me it's a combination of both. LC for the better 'lived in, alive city' feel and LS for crazy fun in large open spaces.