Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,156 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Which City Did You Like The Most In GTA HD Era ?

Let's Vote!  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Which is Your Most Favourite City?

• Liberty City & Alderney (GTA IV & EFLC)
    • Los Santos & Blaine County (GTA V)

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Hi Friends! Which City Did You Like The Most In GTA HD Era? I prefer Liberty City. Broker, Dukes... Vote For Your Most Favourite City, Friends!

Edited by The American Army 1775

Al3x_XXI

Southern San Andreas (Los Santos) > Liberty City.

Why? Los Santos wins because the city feels really alive, then it wins because it has a beautiful and varied landscape full of vegetation and animals, countryside, desert, mountains, forests and more...

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate LC or GTA:IV, I actually love the city because of it's dark atmosphere that goes well with IV's story.

Edited by Al3x_XXI

The7thOne

I can't speak for the entire HD universe since well, the HD universe isn't over yet...

As for the currently-existing cities, it's definitely Liberty City.

The Rockstar Gamer 108

I like LC, but it has a very less amount of Sunlight. As we all know, NY is the Largest, and the Most Developed City in USA. Los Angeles stands in 5th or 6th.

Unfortunately, New York's climate is Dark. Thats why R* was supposed to make LC dark, so that it will give us NY Feelings.

joyrider00

Probably Liberty City. I just revisited the city after 2-3 years since the last time and took the HUD completely off. I used the real map that came with the box instead and tried to locate the landmarks like Empire State Building, Times Square, Chinatown, strip club etc using only subway system to travel longer trips. Made me really appreciate the city in a whole different level

ChiroVette

So far, easily and HANDS DOWN Los Santos and Blaine County! Incredibly rendered and FIN cities to play in!

Osho

How obvious and easy it is to choose. Los Santos, hands down! Period.

Its really beautiful to explore with lots of variety and diverse environments. I particularly love the night time.

PhillBellic

Alderney City. I love living there. Also, it's close to the Sights and Sounds of LC.

:^:

The Rockstar Gamer 108

I like LC's Algonquin.

I can't speak for the entire HD universe since well, the HD universe isn't over yet...

Dont worry Pal. I am going to add more cities after R* releases new GTAs with more cities. Edited by DIze

PhillBellic

I like LC's Algonquin.

As for the currently-existing cities, it's definitely Liberty City.

Dont worry Pal. I am going to add more cities after R* releases new GTAs with more cities.

Knowing them, you'll be waiting Years to complete this Topic. :/

Donatello

LC. The city is like a big Uder Milken Ice Cream shop: thirty-six flavors of titty!

slimeball supreme

Liberty City.

Mostly because it feels like the real place. Hell, it feels like a real place. There's varied neighbourhoods and environments and no area of the city ever feels the same. It's so gorgeous and yet so dark at the same time.

From the gangbangers in North Holland and the Firefly Projects, to the tourists on Happiness Island and in Star Junction - it's the most unique city in any GTA thus far. It feels lively, real, dangerous, gritty, varied. It also feels defined. Unlike Los Santos, it doesn't feel like there's parts that are missing or areas of the city that don't feel complete. It's detailed and there's little sections I've never even noticed. And it's so surprising in its own way. Stand on the corner and you can see all sorts of people doing their thing, people of all types seeing all and doing all sorts of things.

It all feels purposeful. Everything feels realistic or reasonable. Plus - it's a fun place to play in. There's all sorts of little areas that are perfectly suited for gameplay exploitation, little interiors that are perfect for a good on-foot chase. It's fun without breaking a realistic template. Which is why it wins for me.

TL:DR, it's vibrant, varied, realistic, fun and finished. All things that are executed poorly/nonexistent in Los Santos.

Edited by Mr. Fahrenheit

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Knowing them, you'll be waiting Years to complete this Topic. :/

I haf no choice, friend. I thought if I will'nt do that, any other member may start the topic. :)

Algonquin Assassin

Liberty City. Los Santos is all eye candy IMO. Liberty City feels like it has a proper history, culture and generally doesn't feel like a giant movie set like Los Santos does.

Fuzzknuckles

LS by miles. While it does have its flaws and could have done with a little more of certain areas, it gave the sense of transitioning between areas and neighbourhoods very effectively. It had a real sense of scale that felt realistic, whereas IV's LC felt kind of wrong. I've only been to NYC once, and it was certainly evocative of the real world counterpart, but the scale felt off. They got close to nailing the density and claustrophobia of NYC's back streets and alleys, though, that I will certainly give them a huge amount of praise for. But LS just feels more like a real city.

R3CON

Take away GTA Online, take away the graphical differences and the 5+ years of additional development and I have to say Liberty City.

Liberty City is quite fleshed out and actually resembles New York City far more than Los Santos resembles Los Angeles. Rockstar didn't just recreate Manhattan and call it a day. They fleshed out the multiple boroughs and individual neighborhoods. Hell, there's even a nod to New Jersey! There's a unique feel to the various areas of the map that indicate differences in socio-economic status, culture, etc. You head over to Los Santos, and the city is condensed to make room for the much larger countryside. So the city you get has a lackluster representation of the ghettos, working class, and suburban areas that give LA character. Vinewood Hills, Vespucci Beach and Downtown is nice, they did a solid job of representing the glamorous perspective of the city, but certainly not the grit or the idea that regular, every-day citizens live there. The rest of the city seems like an oversight compared to the depth and detail Rockstar put into GTA IV.

Sure, there's many reasons a map from GTA V will be better than it's predecessor of 5 years prior. But if all the features of current Grand Theft Auto were brought to a remastered Liberty City, I don't think Los Santos could win this.

Edited by ikaR3CON

ULPaperContact

Hate 'em both, but Liberty City is the lesser of two evils.

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Currently, LC is most liked. So why do you dont like LS so much, Friends?

FRANKLINCLINTON2

Voted on los santos

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Actually, my dream city is New York. That's why I've voted for LC, based on NY.

Edited by DIze

Femme Fatale

Liberty City, ftw...

Cheatz/Trickz

Liberty City has yet to be matched, it has the scope of a full sized city and holds the illusion. To date, it is still the best and most lifelike recreation of an urban environment in video game history.

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Let me go for My Dream City rether than My Home Like City...

YungLive201

As much as I like LS, it doesn't quite compare to Liberty City to me. From walking around and exploring LC and hearing all of the ambient sounds and street banter, the way the environments change as you pass through different neighborhoods, IV captured the general feel and atmosphere pretty well. It's also an added bonus when your hometown and state is also featured it in, although not very accurately, but I respected the attempt nonetheless.

Edited by YungLive201

AnDReJ98

Will tell after the HD era is finished or when at least 1 or 2 new GTAs come out...So in another few years pff. LC for now.

Misunderstood

Liberty City sh*ts on Los Santos. Although V's map is not bad, just not as good.

BlackScout

I thought and thought about this matter after playing both games...

While LS seems not to be as detailed as LC I prefer it because it's not dark/gritty and "dead". Maybe it's just the IV Mood overall, I like it nonetheless.
Also, LA is my favorite city... So, this adds up to the opinion.

My concerns with LS though:

• Everything is way too cluttered and I don't see a smooth transition between its different sections.
  • It lacks props. Some spots have holes where trees have been cut. LC looks more properly filled.
  • Roads feel way too large, I don't know LA that well (contradicting I know) so I can't really comment on that.
  • Size... It could've been bigger... (Without compromising Quality) I felt disappointed seeing such gigantic countryside (which lacks some quality and has totally useless regions) and such a small city.
  • LS has some really, really weird intersections.

I thought I might add something about the countryside...

Well it's complicated.

1. Paleto region lack trees, I don't even need to say why...
  2. 1.5: The forest could've been bigger, Mt. Chilliad is waay too big.
  3. The mountains at East are mostly clutter and unused. (Mt. Gordo??)
  4. Some regions look dull and flat. Grass is not in all these places making them look real bad.
  5. There is a great lack of consistency in detail and overall terrain quality. (Compare that area close to the Lost with that one where the end of Pac Std finale takes part.)
  6. The area before Zancudo Fort and after Vinewood Hills has some pretty nice looking places, one of my favorites in the map.

(!!!!Opinion!!!!)

Edited by BlackScout

Mega

I prefer Liberty City. The layout of the city was much more carefully designed and well thought for gameplay purposes. Los Santos, visually aside, seems to be just random roads connected together without any real purpose. From the alleys of Hove Beach to the ones of Dukes and the ones of Star Junction, LC feels unique compared to LS. The city also feels much more full of life. Downtown LS feels dead even with maxed ped density on PC, and that breaks immersion for me. Meanwhile, Star Junction and Castle Gardens are filled with color and life, which makes it feel very real and unique. And don't get me started on the insane amount of interiors that help with that vision even more, such as hospitals, construction sites, restaurants and apartment blocks. Blaine County is magical the first time you get to explore it, but then you realise there's not much to it. I feel like it was wasted potential in terms of proper usage and roaming NPCs.

And speaking of immersion, one of the best parts of IV was how each pedestrian interacted differently, with different topics to discuss. Meanwhile in V you can go to any populated zone in San Andreas and you'll hear that annoying ''Hey, you my dude right?!'' bastard.

Each zone in LC has a different vibe and set of gang members and pedestrians with different clothing, such as Chinatown and the entirety of Alderney City. Meanwhile in V, while it's easy as hell to find Ballas and Grove members, you should consider yourself lucky to find Koreans often at Little Seoul as often and as realistic as Chinatown in LC. I could go on for hours but...

tldr; LC had more diversity and variety of life, making it feel more believable and fun to interact and explore, meanwhile LS is bigger, also has pretty areas but most of the times they feel dead and empty with little to no diversity on the people that live and roam the city.

Edited by Mega

Dee.

Los Santos.

R* captured LA perfectly.

Creme_Brulee

The only thing I can complain about is that in LC some of the streets are just really tight and the traffic density high. That and I don't like that some half of the roads are one way only. Ain't nobody got time to wait for the traffic to move, so sometimes the only option is to plow through the traffic even if it means damaging your car.

And the AI in the bridges and (tunnels) was just retarded. They'd suddenly change lanes out of nowhere even if there was another car right next to them, and they all seemed to do it at the same time.

Also, the city was too dark during night, but that's just how the game itself is.

Yeah, LS has a bigger map although Blaine County is full of nothing, but I love off-roading so the more countryside the better. LC had very little to none off-roading places, other than the beach.