1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Why does it feel like the LTS and Legitimate TDM community is dead

Diana_McFarland

Diana_McFarland

LTS is a really great game mode when done correctly and the competitiveness is really refreshing.

its a shame that people would rather not partake in it.

Dr WGA Labriskagni

LTS is a really great game mode when done correctly and the competitiveness is really refreshing.

I know right, can't tell you the last time I played a "Governmental" in a packed session.

But people are out there making money and bringing TDM's to FM's because they hate waiting or the Possibility of being DC'ed...

Because it kinda is. Only LTS you can get people to play are user created ones (some are pretty good though tbh). And for team deathmatch all you get invites to are spawn trap parkour bullsh*t or RnG maps.

• Like 2

They don't pay well, you have to deal with invisible cheaters, most players don't play tactically so they hate LTS, etc, etc, etc.

Lot's of reasons.

I don't have issues finding TDM though. Every DM I join is a TDM.

• Like 4

It has been bad for a long time now, and I personally believe it reached an all-time low when bullet-proof helmets were introduced. This is more related to TDMs, but even with LTS, if you're lucky enough to find a decent sized lobby, it seems that more than half leave directly in the middle of every match or before it even starts.

Finding a decent map is quite difficult unless you're playing among a group of people you already know. It's the sad state of the game, and you can almost forget about hosting custom maps that have legitimate titles/descriptions and are not about some sort of HACK RP bullsh*t; very few will even consider joining or staying.

• Like 2

TDM is pretty easy to find, i just hate the hit reg sometimes that's why i quit playing it for a while. I like tdm in rockstar games, i just wish there were objective game modes like in red dead redemption. There probably is but never heard about them in gta 5 lol.

Edited by Switch__
  • Like 2

RustyShackleford

Because TDM is explosive spam OR $1,000,000 and 1,000,000 RP spam.

Because people would rather partake in free mode wars and then bitch about not having money due to not partaking in actual pvp modes that reward money

A lot of players that could be doing those are doing time-consuming CEO work these days, but there are other factors like

• BP helmets, invisible body parts, infinite combat rolly-pollies, and explosives-spammers that make them tedious
  • Hosts that set it to 7 rounds of a crapload of deaths/time so it takes forever to finish one
  • Too many scam ones (especially ones that are scams but use the same names of legit ones)
  • They are just old PvP modes that lack pizzaz
  • Players that partake VIP and CEO offer more targets in freeroam where the pathetic players that jet-grief, wallbreach, suicide-if-wounded, and other hurr-durr-K/D tactics can kill players without the structure that LTS's and TDM/DM provide.
Edited by ash-274

I like LTS's but I quit playing them due to the other players leaving because of the crap servers.

Because GTA online has moved on from the old-fashioned lobby matchmaking type of game, and funnily enough most people prefer it that way.

If you want to play deathmatch, go and attack someone in the street. I bet you 90% of the time they'll fight back with bullets. It's new, exciting, and there's money to be made in the GTA hills instead of being stuck on a host and in a static screen lobby.

Except for racing, which still needs to be moderated through a lobby system.

• Like 2

X vs. Y is what ruined LTS. There is that diamond in the rough map that is fun. But for the most part they are all crap.

Back in 2014 on Last Gen was when TDM's were any good. Lobbies were full. Maps were mostly Rockstar ones, and lag was your real enemy. Now it's all that 9999999RP crap.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

well, i was interested at first, but as long rockstar their software fails to put me into a full lobby within 3 minutes, i pass simply on doing LTS

dm's arent realy my thing....sad sad thing is they are so boring in a way....having got a taste of fighting in freeroam, i kinda can understand why some people rather fight there, even if they are not KD-ratio whores(most are still though, even if they do not admit it)

seriously, ps3, taking a modded roller is like taking on a mini boss....and freeroam wars...realy, as sh*tty the lag and rendering is...there is no other game were you can drive so many vehicles and use them as weapons and stuff...kinda liked it there in that regard

these days im back to being a more passive player though...that current gen passive mode makes me unable to hunt down anyone once they sence they are not winning...realy i wish there were either enemy lobbies or super dm's,...so its kinda like freeroam, but with random weapon spawns everywhere and no cops.....id go and be there most of the time if every kill counts for 1000 to 1000 gta$...that woud be amazing

but yea, back to dm...no, there are many interested in that stuff, but i personaly do not like them even when in a fighting spirit because they are far to limited in fun...especialy considering all content creator garbage people brought out

Probably because of the rubbish matchmaking system.

• Like 2

That's why prefer forced + pickup's. In all seriousness it levels the field a lot, which no one really does since they can't use their own weapons. If I do host one and anyone with a BP helmet is automatically kicked.

Last note,

TDM etc died the day they brought in the rockstar creator. I'm so tired of seeing all these bs user made sh*tfests, also those retarded wall ride races. I'll shut up now.

Edited by TCA
  • Like 2

Why? Because the combat in this game is not designed well enough for competitive play. It's great for PvE, but PvP is very sloppy. Poor hit detection, bad balance on weapons, awkward controls (when compared to other 3rd person shooter games that is), and impossibly awkward melee combat.

I mean seriously.. what'd you expect? Have you actually played this game? The PvE stuff is way more fun. PvP just sucks.

Oh and of course.. the matchmaking system is a total trainwreck.. so even if the PvP combat was good, nobody would know.

Edited by Nick930930
  • Like 3

l Marksman God l

Tdm's are indeed impossible to find. Every time I try to find one I get into those 99999999999 $ 999999 RP jobs, that's why freemode > Tdm's

Tdm's are indeed impossible to find. Every time I try to find one I get into those 99999999999 $ 999999 RP jobs, that's why freemode > Tdm's

Anymore you gotta host. Which that's a chore within its self.

Because of the following:

- Poor payouts

- Poor hit registration

- Oppressive radar (visible to everyone on radar if you can be seen by one person, visible for 10 seconds after firing) ruins conventional FPS/TPS play of spotting, keeping track of environment & timings and using concealment/cover for visual purposes in favour of constantly having eyes upon the radar which will scout for you

- Oppressive Power Player system (being punished by being permanently radared, receiving double damage and having an annoying screen filter for being good is a total joke - the first kill streak level in Unreal is at 5 and PP kicks in WAY before that in GTA)

I can just as easily play a FPS or TPS that doesn't try its best to forcibly drag me down to everyone else's level through punishing inbuilt mechanics and skillcap reducers, and accurately registers my shots as well.

Edited by Azarael

I've found that since moving to GTA:O on CG most of the TDM crews and players I used to play with have moved on to other shooter games.

Don't forget those "You're doing well/poorly. Let's put a hyper-annoying pulsing filter on your screen for you"

• Like 3

The cancerous " RP glitch $$$$$$ parkour" stuff kills the DM/TDM

I hardly find random people to play TDM these days

• Like 3

That's why prefer forced + pickup's. In all seriousness it levels the field a lot, which no one really does since they can't use their own weapons. If I do host one and anyone with a BP helmet is automatically kicked.

Last note,

TDM etc died the day they brought in the rockstar creator. I'm so tired of seeing all these bs user made sh*tfests, also those retarded wall ride races. I'll shut up now.

I share your methods and views. So, please DON'T shut up. :p

Seriously though, the creator when used properly can be a wonderful thing, but it's far too simplistic and yes, what you get mostly are these horrendous user created jobs that spoil the concept of custom content for anyone who is looking to find a decent match.

And I agree about kicking people with bullet-proof helmets. What is needed is similar to the format of Adversary where you are forced to wear designated outfits since people can easily just put on their BPH during the middle of a match. Don't even get me started on BPHs though...

I honestly don't like free roam fighting though. To me, it's an owned weapons TDM with the aforementioned issues x10,000 + the all-knowing, all-seeing LSPD in the mix. There are far too many people who treat this game as if it were some bastardised CoD rip-off, and to me, that's a huge turn-off.

Edited by LN-MLB
  • Like 3

LTS is one of my favorite game modes but I gave up trying to join on call because all I ever end up joining are "Stunters Vs. [insert Car Name Here]" which are so tedious and boring to me...

• Like 3

Last note,

Seriously though, the creator when used properly can be a wonderful thing, but it's far too simplistic and yes, what you get mostly are these horrendous user created jobs that spoil the concept of custom content for anyone who is looking to find a decent match.

And I agree about kicking people with bullet-proof helmets. What is needed is similar to the format of Adversary where you are forced to wear designated outfits since people can easily just put on their BPH during the middle of a match. Don't even get me started on BPHs though...

I honestly don't like free roam fighting though. To me, it's an owned weapons TDM with the aforementioned issues x10,000 + the all-knowing, all-seeing LSPD in the mix. There are far too many people who treat this game as if it were some bastardised CoD rip-off, and to me, that's a huge turn-off.

The creator are much better now, still it have room for improvements, I am just waiting the Cunning Stunts update and see.

The bullet proof helmet bugs me when I host forced weapons TDM, I will kick them once I had the chance in the lobby.

Ability to set custom outfit for each team suits this perfectly, so I can made proper counter strikes team for both sides.

Free roam are now basically Battlefield where you can access to multiple military vehicles and its not fun playing there, a spam fest of RPG, dancing Marksmen sniper and jets....

The Powerplay screen filter annoys a lot when you set the time of day at night and its ability to add you strength (and minus) are the worst thing in LTS and DM matches.

• Like 2

Last note,

There is one way they can change the bph, only make it to where you only benefit if it's a hand gun or sub.

CrysisAverted

f*ck pvp in this game tbh

TFncjGv.gif

Diana_McFarland

TFncjGv.gif

Ive always wondered how people manage to film crap at the exact moment it happens.

FILL ME IN ON YOUR SECRETS.

BECAUSE APPARENTLY PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO DO IT

• Like 2

TFncjGv.gif

Ive always wondered how people manage to film crap at the exact moment it happens.

FILL ME IN ON YOUR SECRETS.

BECAUSE APPARENTLY PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO DO IT

Turn on action replay

Profit

• Like 2