1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Cartels/peaceful CEO coexistence in public lobbies.

Alvarez

What do you think of CEO cartel work in public lobbies?

Clearly, Rockstar wanted us to fight for dominance, destroy crates, generally compete against each other, but... There are people who just want to make a buck and consider the fight as bad investition - when you still can arrange with other company and deliver goods (at least until the public lobby doesn't fill up and some wildcards wants to spoil your day)

And yet, you receive bonus for deliveries while "enemies" are in the lobby.

So, such cooperation between competitors can be called a cartel. Contrary to the IRL part, i consider the cartels in GTA:O as something unexpectedly positive. Fighting isn't really worth it, when the participants aim for profit.

Also, by circulating the CEO membership, the cartel members can help each other to accumulate and liquidate their assets, even more in a good organizated crew - where 32 members can peacefully exist as 8 organizations and prevent wildcards to enter the public lobby.

However, i think that Rockstar are aware of it and will probably add some stirring in peaceful cooperation for more PvP, like Madrazo calling and asking to sabotage this or that transaction for a significant money bonus.

So, how do you see this, do you have similar ideas about the peaceful coexistence? Or do you have enough money and want just to screw sh*t up?

Edited by Alvarez
  • Like 3

Red Lynx 23

Oh I'm all for lobbies that have a few CEO's and maybe also associates doing their own thing, and vote kicking potential or actual threats.

Edited by Red Lynx 23

DangerZ0neX

Rockstar hates it when you play the game the way you want, so of course they'll come up with a way to prevent this peacekeeping.

You can only play the game by their own definition of restricted fun, afterall, I won't doubt it if they won't allow any buy/sell missions unless there's a minimum threshold of 10 players and at least two players who aren't part of a CEO organization.

Rockstar hates it when you play the game the way you want, so of course they'll come up with a way to prevent this peacekeeping.

You can only play the game by their own definition of restricted fun, afterall, I won't doubt it if they won't allow any buy/sell missions unless there's a minimum threshold of 10 players and at least two players who aren't part of a CEO organization.

Why do you play then...

DangerZ0neX

Why do you play then...Come up with a better question then, smartass, you get so easily and obnoxiously offended at anyone criticizing your most favorite game and attack them with the exact same question.

I play the game because, surprise surprise, it's still slightly fun from a PVP freeroam perspective, but that doesn't mean it's mandatory for me to hold Rockstar on a golden pedestal, they have a history of f*cking up, they have already f*cked up, and they're bound to f*ck everything up again all while ignoring to fix their f*ck-ups for eons.

Stop getting your underpants wedged and provide a better argument, please, so that way I can at least take you seriously.

Edited by DangerZ0neX
  • Like 2

I love the update more for changing the way players cooperate than anything else. I wouldn't call it cartels though since we can't do business together or competitively but I really do like playing in lobbies where a truce or pact is established and the fact that at any moment some douche nozzle can try to ruin it all.

In the past week or so I've seen more team play than the past 3 years and I've watched so many jet griefers crash and end up swarmed by squads of like-minded players until the griefers manage to pause long enough to switch sessions, it's literally been a blast!

I don't care if it was R*s intention to make us all cookoo for crates, the community is taking steps to keep lobbies "non-toxic" so everyone can enjoy the new content, at least in the lobbies I play in. That's what really changed IMO, the missions themselves are the same old fetch game we play in almost every contact mission.

• Like 7

I see a lot of CEOs (and their associates) leaving others alone. I even encountered a player that would kill anyone *unless* they were transporting a crate; he'd leave any crate icons alone.

While the majority (of what I've observed) of CEOs will leave other organizations alone, unaffiliated players are hit-and-miss, and in a full lobby you can't keep your eye on everyone (especially when solo'ing CEO work).

I'm not that trusting. I set my MTU to 578 and, while lonely, it's guaranteed peaceful (and no job invites popping up).

Most of the lobbies i have been in, a lot of people were messing with each others crates. When i was an associate once our ceo also attacked other peoples crates, but it's probably better to just ignore each other and make your money in peace.

IamCourtney

I enjoy the new social/strategic element these unofficial cartels add to the game buuuuut I don't like sessions where absolutely everybody is in on it. Without some hunter players in the mix we're just running stripped down Contact missions in Free Roam. Booorrriiinnggg...

When I set up a truce with another Org I don't look at it as "We're friends now yaaaay!!" but rather as both neutralizing a potential threat and a useful target for hunters to be distracted by, increasing my own odds of success.

I don't think there's any need to formalise cartels because we're collectively learning to moderate our own lobbies.

I've never seen so much unity in GTA online before. People getting in touch, joining parties and generally wanting to cooperate to earn money, even just brain-picking and finding out the best strategies to maximise profits. We all need vast amounts of money to be successful in GTA online, and now that gameplay has focused on freemode lobbies, people are working out the best ways to achieve their goals by moderating their own lobbies.

Of course, there will always be the crate camping dicks who don't have any goals, who play GTA online for short-term troll-related kicks, but fortunately they're the exception.

• Like 3

Why doesn't someone start a friendly CEO clan. That way we could ensure friendly lobbies when we want peace and quiet and when we want to go public for some havoc.

• Like 2

I think its made life harder on trolls. Or at least, those who would troll CEOs doing their business.

If I see a CEO(s) being harassed by someone while they're delivering crates, well I know full well this person will do the same to me if I should try to do any crates/cargo. So the troublemaker has to go I'm afraid.

I still haven't sent any texts to anyone or anything either - it's all just unspoken understandings. No one gets in a jet, no one attacks each other, and no one goes near each other in an armed vehicle. Then it's all well and good.

As long as both sides are playing by these rules, I'll generally get rid of anyone who's giving the other CEO a hard time.

There was one earlier today just like this. A group of CEOs were just doing their thing, and this guy came after them in a jet. I had to die, but I dragged him down with me:

669mz6j.gif

After that, I called up my Buzzard, and made sure he didn't get another jet. Unfortunately, I couldn't get any CEO work done myself, but I was holding up the unspoken rules of CEOs, and I'm sure the rest of the session was thankful for not having this guy ruin all their work.

Not like I could do any myself is it anyway? I mean, the jet guy would have come after me the moment he could've.

Edited by Icantthinkofonew
  • Like 2

i like the idea of working with other ceo's but most servers i join (on pc)

are filled with dicks blowing up everything and everyone they encounter.

we start out in style drinking champagne in a luxury helicopter

only to end up dwelling the streets having a 100k shootout

still good fun but from a ceo point of view, very bad for business :D

CrysisAverted

every time I have trusted ceos if public lobbies there has always been some prick that stabs me in the back

Sky_Light12

every time I have trusted ceos if public lobbies there has always been some prick that stabs me in the back

yup , one of alliance's weakness if the other party sees no use to the other one

others are having distrust ( like one guy hurls insult to other guy , which result conflict )

that's part of the fun too IMO, never knowing if a truce is just a bluff or not should be part of it. You can see signs before an organization turns on you, like if they ghost or go off the radar in what seems like a friendly lobby or bring out their jets & tanks for no good reason.

Once you hook up with the same orgs frequently then it gets easier to trust them. That's really when griefers or bluffing orgs a have a hard time doing anything malicious without getting savagely abused.

Just adds one more dimension to the game IMO, I'd hate if we NEEDED to be friendly, it would just be another co-op mission. I'm a big fan of those but we have plenty to play already.

• Like 3

I think it's nice. Actually I'm always working with other CEO-friends.

One of my early sell-transactions was covered by 3 CEO friends flying over me with jets. Great feeling...

The other time, another friend was in my lobby and we protected each other and warned each other...

An option of sending cartel requests to other CEO's would be nice.

• Like 2

I've incorporated this into my gameplay and CEO 'routine' - upon entering a session I'll go to the office, check the computer to see who's in charge of any other Organizations currently operating, and I contact them with an offer of peaceful co-existence.

Most people reply, and reply positively. Those who don't are treated with suspicion and kept at arm's length (but never provoked or attacked first). It does add an extra element to the experience when I have to tell my associates things like "blue dots are friendly, just heard back from their CEO so leave them alone. Haven't heard back from the guys in yellow so keep a look-out when we're moving cargo."

On one occasion, another Organization offered unexpected backup to our convoy - they were completely random but very friendly. Later on I got a message in session from their CEO simply saying "PLEASE HELP" and I told my Org to drop what we were doing, grabbed my Insurgent and raced to their aid. When we got to them it turned out to be a false alarm during an Executive Search activity but we stayed with them for the next five minutes or so just to be sure. We formed a cordon around their CEO to make ourselves useful:

ceo_coop_02.jpg

Even though there was no financial gain involved, it felt really rewarding and a completely fresh experience - everyone in my Org was talking about how different GTAO had suddenly become (and now they're playing more regularly as a direct result). One of the best online sessions I've ever been in :)

Of course we still need an element of PvP and conflict to keep things interesting, but the way many people have adapted to the CEO missions in freemode has really added something to playing in public sessions - they may not necessarily be friendly but now you can hope that groups of people are at least neutral... unless they decide to turn on you and then you have an entirely different dynamic all of a sudden, but not necessarily a bad one. I originally would have been a supporter of 'invite session only' CEO missions but I think that would completely kill this kind of tentative communication and truce-making with strangers, so now I'm not so sure I'd ever want to see that included.

I hope R* keep things as they are. It's changing how people play and in my opinion it's been for the better.