3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Did You Like Johnny Klebitz ?

Vote For Your Choice.  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Did You Like Johnny, The Main Protagonist of The Lost and Damned?

• Yes
    • No

slimeball supreme

<3 lov jonky fucc coksare!

(Seriously I do really like Johnny.)

CAN SOMEONE FU*KING EXPLAIN HOW HE REBUILT THE LOST AND MADE THEM 100 TIMES STRONGER THAN THE AOD IN THE AOD'S OWN HOMETOWN???

Because the direct size of The Lost is never directly stated? Nor is the founding location. In V it's even directly stated The Lost have been in LS for more than 10 years. And the AOD is from San Fierro and are implied to control Northern SA. The Lost take a direct inspiration from Mongols MC, seeing as they control the majority of biker related activity in Southern CA instead of the Hell's Angels. It'd be just as inconsistent if not more so to have them as the baddies.

If The Lost are the bad biker gang in the next GTA (especially if it's in SF or VC), then you can argue this point - but you cant. They take influences from multiple biker gangs - The Outlaws, The Warlocks, The Sons of Silence, The Mongols, the f*cking Sons of Anarchy and more. Only the Alderney chapter was destroyed - and seriously mind the use of the f*cking word chapter. Like seriously, half the defense used against the 'big gang argument', the word 'chapter' is used constantly. Like in that chat with Clay, he specifically says the chapter isn't big.

You can't fux wit my lore skillz.

Edited by Mr. Fartenhate

Rocket man FI
I like Johnny K bit.I voted like.He was cool but in gta v,he became mental and crazy that he got killed by Psycho Trevor

Niobium

<3 lov jonky fucc coksare!

(Seriously I do really like Johnny.)

CAN SOMEONE FU*KING EXPLAIN HOW HE REBUILT THE LOST AND MADE THEM 100 TIMES STRONGER THAN THE AOD IN THE AOD'S OWN HOMETOWN???

Because the direct size of The Lost is never directly stated? Nor is the founding location. In V it's even directly stated The Lost have been in LS for more than 10 years. And the AOD is from San Fierro and are implied to control Northern SA. The Lost take a direct inspiration from Mongols MC, seeing as they control the majority of biker related activity in Southern CA instead of the Hell's Angels. It'd be just as inconsistent if not more so to have them as the baddies.

If The Lost are the bad biker gang in the next GTA (especially if it's in SF or VC), then you can argue this point - but you cant. They take influences from multiple biker gangs - The Outlaws, The Warlocks, The Sons of Silence, The Mongols, the f*cking Sons of Anarchy and more. Only the Alderney chapter was destroyed - and seriously mind the use of the f*cking word chapter.

You can't fux wit my lore skillz.

in IV the AOD are a nationwide gang. the lost are not. V fu*ked this up.

Edited by Niobium

slimeball supreme

in IV the AOD are a nationwide gang. the lost are not. V fu*ked this up.

Yeah, but when is it stated that they aren't?

V just defined the gang further if anything. We knew reasonably nothing (and nothing was explained) beyond the Alderney chapter, and it's definitely implied (if not downright stated) that there are more chapters outside of LC. Who even says The Lost are essentially nationwide? We've only seen three chapters.

Niobium

fine, but it's still contrived how they made the lost a nationwide gang when they had the AOD, a gange that is already nationwide.

a lost member tells you that the AOD are wiped out, finished. it makes no sense because there are just too many AOD members to wipe out in san andreas in 5 years. also it's likely that the AOD outnumber the lost anyway.

slimeball supreme

fine, but it's still contrived how they made the lost a nationwide gang when they had the AOD, a gange that is already nationwide. (<already addressed this)

a lost member tells you that the AOD are wiped out, finished. it makes no sense because there are just too many AOD members to wipe out in san andreas in 5 years. also it's likely that the AOD outnumber the lost anyway.

Orrr he could be referring to The Lost driving out massive AoD presence in the LS metro (mind you we aren't seeing the entire state)?

Or better yet, running his mouth?

Edited by Mr. Fartenhate

slimeball supreme

[deleted]

Edited by Mr. Fartenhate

razor6162

Johnny was a Bald Theif. I really hate him.

Prasdana21

He's in my top 3 or my top 5 favorite GTA protagonists. My list can changed all the time, but I like Johnny the best out of IV trio. At this moment, he's my number 4 favorite protagonists of GTA (behind Trevor, CJ, and Tommy). Niko is on the fifth spot behind Johnny K.

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Johnny lost everything. The Lost MC Clubhouse, many of his Biker Friends, his Gangmembers and a Lot of Power. He reformed the Lost, which got crumbled soon by Trevor Phillips.

That's why the name of this episode is

The

Lost (MC)

and

Damned (Cursed)

This means 'The Story of A Gang, Which Got Cursed-and-Crushed By The Internal as well as The External Fights'.

Edited by DIze

Hot Pursuit

The only thing that I liked from Johnny is this

fXKadTw1.gif

I liked how he got ended by Trevor: getting stomped as a drug-addled, washed-up, wannabe-bikers, in an amazing, detailed, beautiful, well-written cutscene/mission

Son of Zeus

Yeah I liked him, he felt like a brother. A shame they killed him in V.

Molakox

Imao Johnny is the best gta character exluding niko bellic. He lost everything in tlad exluding friends and ashley. His ending in gta 5 is very sad.

ClaudeIzABadAzz

At times, Johnny seemed a bit monotone, and empty. At other times, he was a ruthless bad ass. I liked him.

Aquamaniac

I played GTA V before I started playing IV only recently, after killing so many bikers in V and IV I think I was biased and didn't felt any sympathy for Johnny and his MC, even as Johnny you kill half of your own MC, Rockstar really must hate bikers given how many of them you have to kill and which end they had for Johnny. No, I didn't like him.

ThatKyloRenGuy

Yes! In fact, he, Luis, and Niko are my three favorite GTA characters of all time! Screw Trevor for killing Johnny! If Choice A didn't kill him then Angus Martin ought to come to Los Santos with a bunch of other Lost MC members and do so!

Sleepwalking

I liked him, he could be a proper a antagonist in GTA V a sub-mission tied to Trevor instead of killing him at first minute.

Journey_95

Johnny is a f*cking legend, I'll never forget how Rockstar butchered his character in GTA V for shock value. I just pretend that its not canon..

B Dawg

Johnny is a f*cking legend, I'll never forget how Rockstar butchered his character in GTA V for shock value. I just pretend that its not canon..

The whole of GTA V isn't canon for me either :p

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

Bump.

Of course I do. Most players seem to like him too.

That reminds me, some would hate him simply because he's a biker. It's GTA, lol, why would it be a reason to hate him for?

Some would hate him for being a backstabber for "Kidnapping Roman and stealing Ray's money". But come to think about it, isn't it what GTA protagonists about? You don't expect a criminal protagonist to stay loyal to every single man he worked for, especially a greedy mobster like Boccino (who I slightly liked btw). A few examples of the other protagonists' disloyalty: Claude murdering Kenji Kasen, Tommy killing Diaz (deserved though; since he was responsible for ambushing the deal), CJ breaking into the Caligula's and stealing the mafia's money, despite the fact he has just been recently working for Salvatore, and Michael Townley/De Santa stabbing Trevor (it's understandable though, because family comes first. But either way, some people will still consider it a betrayal). Johnny stabbing Boccino was nothing special. That being said, Johnny is loyal to The Lost MC, and even to Malc and DeSean.

About kidnapping Roman; despite the fact that Johnny kidnapped Roman for saving his girlfriend, Ashley, and he didn't know that Roman was Niko's cousin, why would he give a f*ck even if he'd known? To Johnny, Niko was just some hitman who he got to work with for a certain deal, nothing more. He doesn't see him as a "GTA protagonist" as we do. If it's just about kidnapping, then remember that Niko kidnapped Gracie.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

TheSantader25

I could like him if he wasn't a biker. He is a nice guy. But he is a biker. Bikers are the most disgusting criminal gangs IMO. disgusting lifestyle. They live like animals. 

George Walker Bush

William should have been the protagonist, not Johnny. Johnny does nothing but whine and complain during the beginning of the game. Billy however gets sh*t done and takes out huge swarms of AOD bikers right after he gets out of rehab. In my opinion, Billy was a more effective leader than Johnny. 

Queen

I guess I'm in the minority. I really didn't feel much for the guy, and seeing him die in V didn't upset me all that much. If anything, I thought it was a great move to see a new protagonist murder an old protagonist. It was an impressive entrance. However, I will add that I don't think Johnny should have been seen as some whimpering buffoon. Would have been cooler to see him at least put up a God damn fight. Something at least worthy of the character we grew to know in The Lost and Damned. 

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, George Walker Bush said:

William should have been the protagonist, not Johnny.

Gotta agree on this ^

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

simonp92
On 8/19/2018 at 6:38 PM, George Walker Bush said:

William should have been the protagonist, not Johnny. Johnny does nothing but whine and complain during the beginning of the game. Billy however gets sh*t done and takes out huge swarms of AOD bikers right after he gets out of rehab. In my opinion, Billy was a more effective leader than Johnny. 

Billy was more effective at ruining the Lost. If Billy had stayed in rehab the Lost wouldn't been destroyed. Billy made that happen. 

I really don't get the love for Billy, he's obviously threatened by Johnny, but for no real reason, and in the end everyone paid for Billy's paranoia. 

Freodon
Posted (edited)

Despite being a member of bike illegal racers, murderers, gang warrers etc. Johnny was very emotional and had a sense of friendship and loyalty. This is what killed him in GTA V actually - he was too soft, he's a tragic character even. I like that.

Notice how he was unable to talk sense with Brian who was practically one of his own, but he did with Stubbs who was a miles different man. That's deep

Edited by Freodon