1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Defusing proxies attached to crates.

Alvarez

You might have encountered crate campers, that do not destroy your crate, but use it to camp you out. I had one particular guy yesterday who saw me flying in a Buzzard and tried his luck with a heavy sniper. I surprised him with a armored car with offradar and headlights off, he was sniping in a opposite direction, but that's a stories topic stuff.

My crate was rigged with a proxy mine.

Now, what would you do in such a situation? Does the proxy actually stick to the crate or can you perhaps move the crate away with few shots from a low-grade weapon, such as a SNS pistol to prevent destroying the crate?

Or is the crate irredeemably lost in this case?

CaptSpalding

Since the mine is proximity activated I doubt you could get near the crate without it going off , if the mine is not stuck to the crate you could try driving a car at it and diving out just before it hits ( tricky timing required ) , good luck .

I suppose you can run to pick up crate and die, protecting the crate from the initial explosion, then have your associates protect it from the proxy camper

I suppose you can run to pick up crate and die, protecting the crate from the initial explosion, then have your associates protect it from the proxy camper

Tried that, the proxy killed me and destroyed the crate i picked up.

Right after i killed the planter

If you want to pick up a rigged crate, death is unavoidable.

But crates aren't static, unlike proxies, no? There must be a way to push the crate away with a few shots. How much damage do the crates handle?

What about using a bomb resistant car like the V12 or is it the fact that the proxie is inside the car that kills you ?

But crates aren't static, unlike proxies, no? There must be a way to push the crate away with a few shots. How much damage do the crates handle?

The crates do move, the problem is.. Will the proxy move with it?

Perhaps an insurgent with no doors, so you can hop in and out easily. Pick it up and get back into the insurgent before the explosion

Edited by flino

JSwartz0181

The crates do move, the problem is.. Will the proxy move with it?

Perhaps an insurgent with no doors, so you can hop in and out easily. Pick it up and get back into the insurgent before the explosion

You don't actually need to exit the vehicle to pick up crates -- just drive over/land on one, and it gets picked up.

• Like 3

Stickies and proxies don't attach to the crate* so yeah like you say, try shooting the crate away from them. They actually need a fairly direct hit to be destroyed, much more than yer average prop, so once there's a bit of distance I'd send in a chump bodyguard to clear things up.

* I did it once, just to test :D

Edited by Gridl0k

What about using a bomb resistant car like the V12 or is it the fact that the proxie is inside the car that kills you ?

This is a good suggestion, actually. You could use armored Baller for heavy terrain or Shafter V12 for open places, as they have no extra map icons. Makes sense to buy them again.

The Wandering Hunter

charge the crate in an insurgent

the explosion will happen after you have the crate

• Like 2

charge the crate in an insurgent

the explosion will happen after you have the crate

That's what I would try, too. Drive straight at it and you should pick up the crate just before the explosion, as long as you line it up right. Just make sure that you, in the driver's seat, are going to pass over the crate; that's how it works and how you can pick up crates without leaving your vehicle.

So is it attached to the crate itself? If so, you're probably out of luck, unless maybe you zoomed at it in an Insurgent (taking the crate before it's detonated).

If it's not attached, that makes life easier. You could try the Insurgent zoom, or get a weak gun and try shoot the crate to push it. Failing that, maybe a firetruck and use the hose to push it away? I don't know if that would detonate the bomb though.

Has anyone been evil enough to place a proximity mine at someone's warehouse? I like proximity mines, but that, to me ... I'd feel like my very soul had been compromised if I did that.

Edited by Icantthinkofonew
  • Like 2

IamCourtney

I proxied a guy's warehouse, but he had already broken the session's CEO truce and blown up my delivery so the son of a bitch got what was coming :p

• Like 3

I proxied a guy's warehouse, but he had already broken the session's CEO truce and blown up my delivery so the son of a bitch got what was coming :p

Oh that's absolutely fair enough lol.

Destroying a crate is one thing (and not a particularly great thing), but destroying one after there's been a truce ... That calls for war.

Good on you lol.

• Like 2

So is it attached to the crate itself? If so, you're probably out of luck, unless maybe you zoomed at it in an Insurgent (taking the crate before it's detonated).

If it's not attached, that makes life easier. You could try the Insurgent zoom, or get a weak gun and try shoot the crate to push it. Failing that, maybe a firetruck and use the hose to push it away? I don't know if that would detonate the bomb though.

Has anyone been evil enough to place a proximity mine at someone's warehouse? I like proximity mines, but that, to me ... I'd feel like my very soul had been compromised if I did that.

nope, can't attach anything to a crate.

I entered a session yesterday where players had mines at the office entrances / parking lots, I'm pretty sure they placed some at the warehouses too because 2 CEOs were at their warehouse bitching about losing crates right at the end but no one was near them, not entirely sure if they were mines though.

I gotta admit it was fun defending the office from the rooftop with others CEO, loving the added tension and unity this update created.

What a wonderfully devious idea!

• Like 1

Hellbendzor

And when that happens, can't you just lag yaself out, so amongst everyone else ,the idiot gets disconnected from you and takes his proximity mine with him, leaving you to grab the crate, bag it and afterwards reconnect to session?

Edited by Hellbendzor

And when that happens, can't you just lag yaself out, so amongst everyone else ,the idiot gets disconnected from you and takes his proximity mine with him, leaving you to grab the crate, bag it and afterwards reconnect to session?

Unless the proxies that are left by their disconnected owners selfliquidate by exploding, this way the crate will be busted.

Proxies in front of warehouses can be disarmed by shots or associates in explosion proof vehicles, though.

You might consider this in a lobby and watch the map for dots near your property, they might do it like Colonel Antonov: "mining everything, mining everywhere, mining all the time!"

Edited by Alvarez

Hellbendzor

Just an idea... That would indeed be a bad idea then... Unbelievable how ingenious people can become to grief others... The proximity mine at the warehouse is another prime example... Ah well, I'm not taking an chances... As long as I can do it like I do (solo or with a few ceo-friends), I stay as far away as possible from sessions with strangers, when I'm CEO-ing that is...

Just an idea... That would indeed be a bad idea then... Unbelievable how ingenious people can become to grief others... The proximity mine at the warehouse is another prime example... Ah well, I'm not taking an chances... As long as I can do it like I do (solo or with a few ceo-friends), I stay as far away as possible from sessions with strangers, when I'm CEO-ing that is...

You can forget about such a little detail, when delivering, also people visit their warehouses at same places, so i'd be cautious about people in lobby and start with dealing smaller cards, before i can see how they roll.

CarimboHanky

just call for your insurgent and drive over the crate, you would pick up the thing and the proximity mine wont even scratch the paint.

Grindgrizzly

I've hit those crates with like 3 stickys and they didn't blow up same with the scooby doo lookin vans, 4 5 stickies later kaboom finally. Try blowing the prox up before grabbing crate ?

I used to use this method on LSC campers...might work here.

go into passive mode and stand on top of proxy mine. pull out phone and call the cops, wait a few seconds and then back up away from the crate and the cops will come and blow themselves up. then disable passive and get crate?

Whoever put the proxy on the crate gets an instant 3 star for klilling a cop :D

Edited by blk95ta

Charles_Lee_Raye

I used to use this method on LSC campers...might work here.

go into passive mode and stand on top of proxy mine. pull out phone and call the cops, wait a few seconds and then back up away from the crate and the cops will come and blow themselves up. then disable passive and get crate?

Whoever put the proxy on the crate gets an instant 3 star for klilling a cop :D

Passive is disabled for CEO, youd have to retire first then re register to do that.

So I tested this is in a V12 for you, no problem. The proxie doesn't stick to the crate, you drive over it, you pick up create, proxie goes off, no problem .. I will let someone else test an insurgent .. this would be sweet to show your camper, he just wasted his proxie :) Didn't kill me or destroy the crate.

Edited by rapidwiz
  • Like 3

So I tested this is in a V12 for you, no problem. The proxie doesn't stick to the crate, you drive over it, you pick up create, proxie goes off, no problem .. I will let someone else test an insurgent .. this would be sweet to show your camper, he just wasted his proxie :) Didn't kill me or destroy the crate.

Thank you! :) Appreciate it a lot.

CrysisAverted

Would spawning a Brickade from CEO menu work?

Not a Brickade, but Gunlimo or Armoballer for sure

• Like 1

CrysisAverted

Not a Brickade, but Gunlimo or Armoballer for sure

I bought the wrong car

tumblr_moupu5XzTe1rrkahjo1_400.gif

Edited by CrysisAverted
  • Like 1