3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Adrenalist

Red Dead Wishlist

YoungMarston

theres no strip joints in the wild west era i assume but i'd like to see chorus line can-can dancers in saloons that shuffle their dresses as they kick. also WHORES. WE NEED TO ACTUALLY BUY WHORES THIS TIME AROUND ROCKSTAR! sorry guys i couldn't help myself :p

Who knows haha

SmokesWithCigs

theres no strip joints in the wild west era i assume but i'd like to see chorus line can-can dancers in saloons that shuffle their dresses as they kick. also WHORES. WE NEED TO ACTUALLY BUY WHORES THIS TIME AROUND ROCKSTAR! sorry guys i couldn't help myself :p

hahahha this is Red Dead, dude, not GTA but yeah it would be interesting

I hope Rockstar focuses less on the online side though.

judging by the way Arthur morgan acts in the trailer I don't think he's a married man and if he was he would probably cheat on his wife also you were able to use whores in red dead revolver so who knows....

Hunter S. Compton

I want to be able to open a mine and exploit chinese migrants within that mine and I want it to be management minigame like tropico and if i push them too hard and too many die or someone starts passing out marxist literature they rise against me and i have to hire pinkertons to shoot them all back into submission and then I cut their pay. Or maybe I can become an oil tycoon and increasingly manipulate the good and trusting nature of the communities around me for resources and exploitative contracts. THen I get enough money to buy a massive manor with a bowling alley and i beat a man to death with a bowling pin when he comes begging to me for money.

Cozzi

I would like to rustle cattle really badly. hopefully with this outlawing and gang stuff we do that and can bring some companions along to help herd the cattle.

Also that witnesses system but it needs to actually work this time, with a line-of-sight, if I'm crouched in a bank vault in Armadillo with no one around, and I crack a safe, how is someone by Herbert Moon's store gonna see me? and when they run away i don't want marshals to be on me as soon as the game de-spawns his character. id like for him to actually have to go the distance of the nearest marshall. Maybe even tell someone else he needs help and now there's two witnesses i need to hunt down, but i want the chance to chase and hunt them down. I dont want them to just disappear.

Hunter S. Compton

I would like to rustle cattle really badly. hopefully with this outlawing and gang stuff we do that and can bring some companions along to help herd the cattle.

Also that witnesses system but it needs to actually work this time, with a line-of-sight, if I'm crouched in a bank vault in Armadillo with no one around, and I crack a safe, how is someone by Herbert Moon's store gonna see me? and when they run away i don't want marshals to be on me as soon as the game de-spawns his character. id like for him to actually have to go the distance of the nearest marshall. Maybe even tell someone else he needs help and now there's two witnesses i need to hunt down, but i want the chance to chase and hunt them down. I dont want them to just disappear.

Even worse in that regard was GTA V, which it felt like didn't require any witnesses at all. Also, good news! If the leaked is to be believed, which it ought to be, there will cattle rustling in the game. In the legend, some locations are listed as being "homesteads/rustling"

I really am hoping the game's sound design will blow me away. The guns in GTA V were pretty underwhelming in terms of both feedback and sound design. They felt weightless and weak and were way too quiet. I want gun battles to be loud as sh*t, I want to feel like I'm playing Battlefield or something.

Hunter S. Compton

Speaking of Battlefield, one thing I'd really really really like to see is AI with some kind of suppression mechanic, insofar that if you are firing on cover with an enemy behind it, they won't pop up until you're not doing so, or maybe they move to different cover if available. Cover based shooters don't have enough of that. FEAR made so many advancements in enemy AI that while considered universal improvements have not been implemented across the wider spectrum of gaming, and that's a big problem in my opinion. Any single player mode in any game is going to rely heavily on AI combat for immersion but it always feels neglected. Games have come hella far but it's still incredibly rare that I get in a shootout with AI that feels as immersive as FEAR.

Mr. Jabe

I want to be able to open a mine and exploit chinese migrants within that mine and I want it to be management minigame like tropico and if i push them too hard and too many die or someone starts passing out marxist literature they rise against me and i have to hire pinkertons to shoot them all back into submission and then I cut their pay. Or maybe I can become an oil tycoon and increasingly manipulate the good and trusting nature of the communities around me for resources and exploitative contracts. THen I get enough money to buy a massive manor with a bowling alley and i beat a man to death with a bowling pin when he comes begging to me for money.

And then, at the end, you get put in prison for tax evasion....

As to the discussion about AI and combat, I'd really like to see the law using stealth as they hunt you down. Whereas in GTA V you've got these massive hordes of police cars and choppers after you as you speed down the motorway, it would really fit RDR's more subdued nature to have bounty hunters and law enforcers sneaking up through the woods as you sit by the campfire. You'd have to listen out for sounds of footsteps and, depending on how wanted you are, set bear traps and such around your camp. Still have the big shootouts when you go into the more populated towns, but really create that sense of tension when you're in the woods of someone waiting behind that tree you're walking towards.

Shane_Dbns

I'd like to see an "Actions" menu sort of like Destiny and Watch Dogs 2 which allows you to do things like sit down, wave, smoke, clean your gun and play a musical instrument. It would make the game more immersive imo

This

d_Uy_XMg_Co_QPWow.gif

Hunter S. Compton

I DON'T THINK I COULD EVER LIKE THIS POST ENOUGH TIMES.

An ultra hardcore free roam option.

No armor
No quick energy remedies
No auto or lock-on aim
No deadeye
No zebras
No killing grizzly bears with a Bowie knife tho you're welcome to try
Realistic time required for reload - you'd better conserve your ammo
Very limited radar which only alerts you that someone is in your general vicinity
Just like the real thing but I'm not optimistic

Not Kmart

I'm ready for that spaghetti western Django style combat

That's what made Red Dead so much fun and enjoyable

I hope that kind of euphoria physics is in this game

I'll be kind of disappointed if the combat and rag doll effect is just like gta V

In gta V it was kind of stale. When you shot someone. I felt like I was shooting them with a marshmallow gun.

In red dead redemption when you shot somebody. It looked like it really packed a punch.

But I have faith in R*

MojoGamer

Multiple Tomb Raider outfits that gives you special bonus like faster health regen, lose bounty faster, more ammo capacity, faster agility and more!

SeniorDerp

-Siting down

-Challenging npc's to a duel

-'Sleeping' until a desired time of day

-My horse actually coming to me when whistled for. Not running past me in a full sprint and I have to chase it and it keeps f*cking running away /rant

-Having some sort of danger warning system via your horse freaking out or something to alert you when you're trying to pick a flower and then get mauled out of nowhere by 3 bobcats

I'm sure there's more, those are off the top of my head from recently playing

Gray-Hand

I want a more interactive environment. Like being able to sit on furniture or lean against stuff.

Leaning against stuff is, like 40% of what the characters in Hollywood Westerns spend their time doing.

ghostly dude

It would be cool if we could tackle people instead of just pushing them awkwardly.

I'd like to see an "Actions" menu sort of like Destiny and Watch Dogs 2 which allows you to do things like sit down, wave, smoke, clean your gun and play a musical instrument. It would make the game more immersive imo

Menus don't make anything more immersive unless you're at a restaurant.

Hunter S. Compton

I just mentioned this in the general discussion, but I'd like to see a real time map like something in Far Cry 2, as well as an ingame watch, like Dead Rising. Maybe the inventory could even be entered in real time, but it would need a pretty intuitive system for navigation so it wouldn't be annoying. The less I have to stop the game the better, in my opinion.

Femme Fatale

Russian roulette would be a p fun minigame.

Hunter S. Compton

That would only really have any risk involved if you lose money upon death which i D O N O T W A N T

B_E_N_1992

Do you think there will be the option to wear a dress like Trevor in GTA V ?

Dr.Rosenthal

Hopefully we can paint our horses chrome.

It took GTA Online 4 years to give us flying motorcycles, so I guess chrome horses will be available somewhere around spring 2022.

Also; flying unicorns leaving rainbow trails behind them, maybe?

Witnessss

silly_nate

I really want outfits to remain the same way they were in Redemption :) but I'm not opposed to having a fully functional wardrobe either

universetwisters

cars

B Dawg

Iron Horses

Motorcycles

-Captain-

- Gore. Dying and wounded people (not just alive or dead), one can lose his hand or lay down on the ground screaming about his lost leg etc.

- Rockstar editor. I expect we will get this and that it is expanded. Would love to make some western videos.

- Great singleplayer experience

- Cosmetics. Hopefully, if we only have one protagonist, we have more options for different kinds of hair and beard styles. And a lot of different clothing you can mix together.

- Hunting / wild life that really lives within the world, has more purpose then just walking around a designated area.

- Minimal HUD. I don't need no map on my screen all the time, or have it point out where the enemies are.

- Hard more. You wanna avoid being shot, because it can have long lasting effects and all.

- I wouldn't mind seeing Deadeye removed.

- Only be able to carry a set amount of guns. Couple revolvers, one carbine and a bow for example. And also limited ammo, so you gotta think about what you are gonna do.

- Something to do with your money. And no useless investments like you have in GTA V (http://i.imgur.com/VHSxXeR.jpg). The money shouldn't just flow in after buying it, but the return you get on certain properties in GTA V are just completely ridiculous. Work, hire and expand.

- Better side missions that actually add something to your experience.

And I that we are able to walk into most places. I mean, looking at GTA V's city... it was huge and high. That is something we won't be seeing in Red Dead 2. Places will be a lot smaller so I expect it could handle open houses and all?

Hunter S. Compton

I think limb loss would be a little much- I really want a lot of gore in the game, sort of like the first one, but I think limb loss a la Fallout would be a little over the top?

A lot of these things honestly seem like they couldbe accomplished with self-limitations such as No Dead Eye or Limited Guns. This seems to go in line with wanting a hard mode. Buddy I'm sorry but this is Red Dead Redemption. I don't imagine it will be a particularly hardcore surivival experience.

-Captain-

I think limb loss would be a little much- I really want a lot of gore in the game, sort of like the first one, but I think limb loss a la Fallout would be a little over the top?

A lot of these things honestly seem like they couldbe accomplished with self-limitations such as No Dead Eye or Limited Guns. This seems to go in line with wanting a hard mode. Buddy I'm sorry but this is Red Dead Redemption. I don't imagine it will be a particularly hardcore surivival experience.

That might be a bit over the top, yeah. Though Red Dead Redemption already had NPC's that had a hurt state. They would crawl around, crouch down after being shot in the legs etc, so I would love to see improvement on that.

And with hardmode I'm not looking for your typical open world survival game experience. When you look at the highest difficulty level in RDR your health took a big hit, regeneration took longer, drops were lowered, Dead eye was limited (or something, not sure anymore really), so that's pretty in line with what is already there.

Edited by -Captain-

Not Kmart

That might be a bit over the top, yeah. Though Red Dead Redemption already had NPC's that had a hurt state. They would crawl around, crouch down after being shot in the legs etc, so I would love to see improvement on that.

And with hardmode I'm not looking for your typical open world survival game experience. When you look at the highest difficulty level in RDR your health took a big hit, regeneration took longer, drops were lowered, Dead eye was limited (or something, not sure really), so that's pretty in line with what is already there.

Indeed I agree that's one thing that made Red Dead feel so realistic

SeniorDerp

While playing RDR this morning I was in Blackwater having a shootout with the fuzz and had the urge to jump through a window to escape. That would be a cool thing to implement. Shoot the window a couple times as you're sprinting toward it and then bust through it onto an awning or just out into the street

Jax Teller from Vice

d_Uy_XMg_Co_QPWow.gif

Flawless execution. Cinematic like.

Edited by Jax Teller from Vice