3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Adrenalist

Red Dead Wishlist

SDJ
Posted (edited)

Alot great things are already mentioned and some of them were on my mind too. 

I want really Bad that you can adjust the volume of the environment soundeffekts separately. 

I would put its volumen on max, everything else pretty low and then also turn my amplifier volume up. The immersion would be great. The soundeffekts in every R* title are superior. 

Edited by SDJ

CobrasCurse

My short wishlist

1.Passive lobbies/No passive mode

2.With the bookoo bucks they made from GTAV better servers

3.No bad sport kind of crap

SherifWayne
On 6/17/2016 at 9:35 PM, Richard Power Colt said:

Yeah and you should be able to rob guarded trains with safes in them in free mode. It would also be nice to be able to detach the train carts from each other.

Also I'm hoping for trains in multiplayer too this time around, a train battle game mode would be nice where you have one team attacking the train and the 2nd defending it.

That would be sick, I hope theres more climbing abilities and such like RDR had, where you can jump to a train from a horse, and climb onto the roof of the train from inside a traincar. Also jumping and hanging onto any climable ledge unlike GTAV where you bang into it and fall to your death. Imagine having a fistfight on top of the train like in the movies, then a tunnel comes up and you crouch and watch your foe get smacked off.

Neon_Dreaming

Weapon recoil similar to Gta IV, making you have to pick your shots.

both single action and double action revolvers.

more expansive clothing options, the ability to buy individual items of clothing rather that just outfits.

vKing

Just dreamt about this one. If Arthur for example falls off his horse i want to be able to tap X and the faster i tap it the faster he gets up. The same applies if Arthur rolls down a hill only this time the faster i tap X the more of a fight he puts up towards the rolling by putting his arms out trying to slow down the roll.

gophergaming

I hope we get a poisonous swamp and an underwater level with lootboxes.

DustlnTheWind

A much smoother/better animation system for all movement.  Jumping, running, cover system, climbing.  The animations in GTA 5 are heavy, slow and just don't feel good playing.

Black_Jesus

Hugs and kisses and a red bow that turns men into baby's to kick 

Oussama2018
Posted (edited)

I'd like the following in Redemption 2:

1. A more challenging and rewarding game. I loved the first game but felt it wasn't that rewarding and rather easy to complete. I hated regenerating health. This time I hope they have a health bar like GTA. Also, I wish they would really make you earn dead eye instead of the dead eye meter regenerating by itself and without having items or having limited items to regenerate the dead eye meter. I hope you're not invincible in dead eye like in the first game. I really want a challenging and intense game.

2. For online I would love for there to be a mode where there are no weapons and you just have a mass brawl in a town with as many people as possible. That would be so fun.

3. I would also love for online to have classic western characters that you could choose from like Clint Eastwood's man with no name, Lee Van Cleef's angel eyes, or a John Wayne character. That would be so cool.

Edited by Oussama2018

GTARDR
Posted (edited)

Time Machine... and the opportunity to travel to the old map or possibly into a somewhere strange place or era. 😎

Edited by GTARDR

GTARDR

Hope we see Otto Lilienthal or at least hes innovation... (Workable version of course). "Otto Lilienthal (23 May 1848 – 10 August 1896) was a German pioneer of aviation who became known as the flying man . He was the first person to make well-documented, repeated, successful flights with gliders. Newspapers and magazines published photographs of Lilienthal gliding, favorably influencing public and scientific opinion about the possibility of flying machines becoming practical. On 9 August 1896, his glider stalled and he was unable to regain control. Falling from about 15 m (50 ft), he broke his neck and died the next day, 10 August 1896." -wikipedia

lilflap93.jpg

...or maby Augustus Moore Herring.. Chanute's hang glider 1896.

Chanute-Herring_1896_hang_glider.jpg

Or Wright brothers in the early 1900..

Untitled-2-7.jpg

Wolfboy20

-Better enemy A.I. who wont have aimbot/be bullet sponges.

-No more tapping A/X to run. Its so annoying

-Better/More reliable servers. I hate getting disconnected at random.

-Better balance between grinding/microtransactions. This game isn't free so i  dont see why there has to be so many paywalls in order to get what you want.

-Better stealth. What constituted as stealth in gta 5 and online was mediocre at best and pathetic at worst. Since there is crouching, you should be able to take out baddies with no problem and if they make noise, the other baddies should come investigate, not automatically know where you are at a moments notice. That was frustrating in gtao.

BretMaverick777

A camera. 

Yeah, I know we'll have a game camera to selfie and shottie; but I mean a physical 1900 era camera, tripod mount, that lets you take posed portraits and classic group shots of gang members in sepia and/or black and white.  And some old-fashioned frames, hang it on the wall of your hideout. 

Morgan

What about diving? Looking for treasures...I would like that if we are able to swim..

BretMaverick777
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

What about diving? Looking for treasures...I would like that if we are able to swim..

Not a big fan of diving missions.   They make sense in ocean-going adventures like Black Flag; they made little sense at all in GTA5, with Michael going all Jacques Cousteau in a minisub.    But the key there is that both were set on the ocean;  RDR2 is the American heartland, so all water sources will be rivers, lakes and streams.  Not the sorts of places that are conducive to deep water dives at all, especially when we're still decades away from scuba gear. 

Morgan
23 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

Not a big fan of diving missions.   They make sense in ocean-going adventures like Black Flag; they made little sense at all in GTA5, with Michael going all Jacques Cousteau in a minisub.    But the key there is that both were set on the ocean;  RDR2 is the American heartland, so all water sources will be rivers, lakes and streams.  Not the sorts of places that are conducive to deep water dives at all, especially when we're still decades away from scuba gear. 

True...but not like a diving mission. More like a free activity when you walk into a deep lake and of course without gear but just the endurance of Arthur...I agree on the fact that the world is not the best place for it. I'll go with swimming then haha

tsycho

Some of the features/weapons/items are already comfirmed, but still:

-silver Schofield revolver with pearls grips

-(optional) first person camera to enjoy the details

-the ability to sit on chairs (not just while playing card games) or lean on trees or stuff

-lots of cool clothes (hats, jackets, boots)

-lots of different haircuts and beard styles

-more roleplay elements (but not TOO much, but i trust R* in this point)

-ability to turn off the hud (minimap and stuff)

-photo mode

Morgan
34 minutes ago, tsycho said:

-ability to turn off the hud (minimap and stuff)

Ahh this is a good one. Would like that too!

35 minutes ago, tsycho said:

-the ability to sit on chairs (not just while playing card games) or lean on trees or stuff

To enjoy the surroundings or? Would be cool but after 3 times not anymore I think...

Saviorself94

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I would really enjoy an Outlaws vs. Aliens DLC this time round. It would make sense, in my opinion because it would fit hand in hand on why there is aliens in gta v. I could only assume gtav and rdr2 share the same universe since you can unlock the golden revolver in gtao treasure hunt. Let me know what you all think?

BretMaverick777
35 minutes ago, Saviorself94 said:

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I would really enjoy an Outlaws vs. Aliens DLC this time round. It would make sense, in my opinion because it would fit hand in hand on why there is aliens in gta v. I could only assume gtav and rdr2 share the same universe since you can unlock the golden revolver in gtao treasure hunt. Let me know what you all think?

Eh, personally not interested in Cowboys vs Aliens. If there's any sci-fi DLC, I'd rather see a steampunk expansion, as it would fit right into the setting.

Morgan
40 minutes ago, Saviorself94 said:

Hmmm not for me. The more realistic, the better. apparently I am the only one who thinks like this haha. I mean, gta V online....nehhh

Saviorself94

Haha don't get me wrong I love realistic games, probably more than any type of game but idk I hope we get some sort of horror dlc (maybe i'm just in love with the atmosphere of Undead Nightmare). Could be wishful thinking cause I'm sure this game will be a more mature and serious this time. But then again, that's also what I'm hoping for.

sunhuntin
On 7/12/2018 at 9:35 AM, Morgan said:

True...but not like a diving mission. More like a free activity when you walk into a deep lake and of course without gear but just the endurance of Arthur...I agree on the fact that the world is not the best place for it. I'll go with swimming then haha

The ability to dive down a ways would be neat, like if you shoot something and it falls into water, you can dive down to loot it or drag it back to shore to loot.

I would like to be able to actually lead horses when they are lasooed. So many times I have caught a wandering horse and tried to lead it, but are all but impossible to move unless you are actually riding them.

Cozzi
Posted (edited)
On 7/14/2018 at 6:50 PM, sunhuntin said:

I would like to be able to actually lead horses when they are lasooed. So many times I have caught a wandering horse and tried to lead it, but are all but impossible to move unless you are actually riding them.

Same for small animals. In RDR1 i couldn't pull a deer or any foxes or things like that, even though i could lasso them. I think if i'm riding a horse and lasso a fox or dog it should drag behind me being that it's weight is less than that of a human's. 
I think it would also be cool to be able to hogtie certain animals. Cruel bastards that we are, surely we'll find some creative things to do with a hogtied deer or pig.

Edited by Cozzi

BretMaverick777

Singing cowboy costumes, for multiplayer.  I think it'd be a hoot(enanny) to show up to a gunfight in some gaudy bright buckskin shirt and ten gallon hat like Roy Rogers or Gene Autry.   Same with tricking out my horse and saddle. 

Y11gTHb.jpg

zVZCKvC.jpg

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

Singing cowboy costumes, for multiplayer.  I think it'd be a hoot(enanny) to show up to a gunfight in some gaudy bright buckskin shirt and ten gallon hat like Roy Rogers or Gene Autry.   Same with tricking out my horse and saddle. 

Man, that idea is too dam good. All about the colorful shirts, neck scarves, wooly sheep chaps and a gittar slung over your back.

Edited by 1898

BretMaverick777
13 minutes ago, 1898 said:

Man, that idea is too dam good. All about the colorful shirts, neck scarves, wooly sheep chaps and a gittar slung over your back.

And to be able to sing actual cowboy songs around the campfire....it's gotta be easy to get licensing for songs dating back to the 1920s-30s or even older.  Hell, most of them are probably public domain by now.  Streets of Laredo, Ghost Riders in the Sky, I'm an Old Cowhand from the Rio Grande....I'd pay my last silver dollar for that

BretMaverick777
12 minutes ago, SneakyDeaky said:

Just for one mission or random event.

"the future"

800px-1886_Swift_Safety_Bicycle_Coventry

newman-butch-cassidy-bicycle.jpg

Here's a nice little article regarding the bicycle and Butch Cassidy's Wild Bunch and that famous scene in the movie. http://bikeretrogrouch.blogspot.com/2016/08/bikes-in-cinema-butch-cassidy-and.html

I'd honestly expect to see bicycles in the big city of St. Denis.   Maybe even those old-fashioned ones with the giant front wheel and the tiny back wheel.  

SneakyDeaky
2 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

I'd honestly expect to see bicycles in the big city of St. Denis.   Maybe even those old-fashioned ones with the giant front wheel and the tiny back wheel.  

That's a great point, I hadn't thought of that. Yeah Saint Denis will be a marvel I think. I can't wait to see the street cars, the gas lamps, the telegraph wires, the cobblestone streets, the early phonographs and gramophones, busy industry and hopefully some organized crime.