Red Dead Redemption 2 General Chat

Adrenalist

The-Ghost
3 hours ago, LeonVegaSuarez said:

The only story mode trophy missing is the story missions gold medal one and I cannot be bothered with that.

At least they fixed that, back when the game was first released if you replayed the missions you get Arthur with chapter 1 stats, and good luck getting anything done with that during the missions.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, LeonVegaSuarez said:

Played again after months on my John save file. Went on a few hunting trips, shot a yellow billed loon, skinned it and the Skin Deep trophy popped. 5 years after my last trophy I got another. 

Then I checked my compendium and realized that the only animal I had not studied was the Florida Panther. So I went down to Lagras and after a few sleeps and tries a Florida Panther spawned at night. Studied it and the Zoologist trophy popped. 

I had already reached 100% long ago and generally never care about trophies but this felt great. The only story mode trophy missing is the story missions gold medal one and I cannot be bothered with that.

I also went back a few months ago and got both those trophies. Was missing a handful of animals in both of them. Do you have the "survive 18 bear attacks" trophy? That was the last one I needed and had to grind it out

Edited by Jisoo

LeonVegaSuarez
16 hours ago, Jisoo said:

I also went back a few months ago and got both those trophies. Was missing a handful of animals in both of them. Do you have the "survive 18 bear attacks" trophy? That was the last one I needed and had to grind it out

Yes that one popped up randomly for me during my many, many hunting trips.

Dick Justice

If I could add one minor thing to the RDR2 map it would be a trail from Adler Ranch eastward towards Calumet Ravine. I think it would have been a relatively easy thing to add and would have made the journey up there more enjoyable knowing you didn't have to come back down the exact same way. 

• Like 1

Lemoyne outlaw
7 hours ago, Dick Justice said:

If I could add one minor thing to the RDR2 map it would be a trail from Adler Ranch eastward towards Calumet Ravine. I think it would have been a relatively easy thing to add and would have made the journey up there more enjoyable knowing you didn't have to come back down the exact same way. 

what rdr2 really needs is a town or two in ambarino. it's one of the five states in the game yet there are no active towns. even though new austin is lacking in content. at least it still has armadillo and tumbleweed. ambarino has nothing aside from the wapiti reservation. and there are no shops or anything to do at the rez anyway. it really sucks because ambarino has a lot of beauty. the deep snow forests. and the colorful flowers and the geysers. i would spend so much time up there if there was a destination to reach. i can't remember the last time i was there. sometimes i forget that it even exists. which is such a shame.

it's funny because in one of the online missions they mention a governor of ambarino. yet there is no town there. so i assume there are towns in the state just not in the game. i just can't understand why rockstar would make that whole area and have nothing to do up there. i wonder if they were planning on having some towns there but they got cut like the guarma stuff. that's the most reasonable explanation to me. because if rockstar was just stupid and didn't think to add even a single town in this huge state. then that is an epic fail. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
NightmanCometh96

"Why release a patch that uncaps the frame rate on 9th Gen consoles when we can charge a 'commercially accurate' $70 for a remaster with no upgrade path?"

Spoiler

"We'll even add ray-traced shadows and reflections! And no, we'll never bring those enhancements over to PC."

Strauss Zelnick, probably. :starekek:

propanecocaine71

So I started a new playthrough recently, and I'm in early chapter 2 so anyway I get back to camp after a mission and it's evening so I grab some camp stew and I see dutch sitting on rock towards the edge of horseshoe, so I walk up to him to just to start the usual greet dialouge but it doesn't let me, instead dutch sits there staring at the setting sun, and asks arthur how he thinks he's going to leave this world, arthur replies he hasn't thought about it, dutch then goes on about how nothing is permanent, no souls no nothing 

This brief fleeting life is all there is, arthur responds he'll probably leave with a bullet in his head.  In six years of playing ive never not once heard this conversation. Absolutely mind blowing. 

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

• 3 weeks later...

Unseen concept art for RDR2 displayed at a museum in Scotland. Cant find a better picture of it at the moment. Think it just opened

001875a53a992b7d9cb613a37c865ff2.jpg

There's like one picture in there that was released in 2018, along w/ some other concept art. Still very cool to see though.

NightmanCometh96

Seeing that makes me wish R* actually got around to releasing that RDR2 art book. I wonder why it never saw the light of day. It would have been nice to get a deeper look (by R* standards) into the design process; I get having an aura of mystery has always been their MO, but the secrecy is honestly overkill at times. The GDC talks are great to have, though, even if they're generally geared more towards other devs in the video game industry rather than the general public.

Edited by NightmanCometh96
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Jisoo said:

Unseen concept art for RDR2 displayed at a museum in Scotland. Cant find a better picture of it at the moment. Think it just opened

001875a53a992b7d9cb613a37c865ff2.jpg

Do you know where in Scotland?

Edited by Nyfyr

Lemoyne outlaw
22 hours ago, NightmanCometh96 said:

Seeing that makes me wish R* actually got around to releasing that RDR2 art book. I wonder why it never saw the light of day. It would have been nice to get a deeper look (by R* standards) into the design process; I get having an aura of mystery has always been their MO, but the secrecy is honestly overkill at times. The GDC talks are great to have, though, even if they're generally geared more towards other devs in the video game industry rather than the general public.

yea i was so excited when they announced the art book. i kept checking every few weeks to see when it would be released. but they never finished it. westerns are known to have some amazing art. i can't imagine how much concept art was made but never released. like you said rockstar likes to be secretive and silent. but that just ruins their relationship with their fans. they used to have those asked and answered posts on the newswire. where they answered the biggest questions about their games. but they don't do them anymore. all they post nowadays is gta online crap and circoloco stuff. they really have lost touch with what the fanbase wants.

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

PauloJz

Joe Rubino gave an interview to San channel and revealed some interesting things:

RDR 2 was remade at least 3 times in development;

Apparently, it suggests that RDR 3 is already in development, as it mentions three major projects, two in conjunction with Rockstar (GTA VI is one of them, obviously);

I will quote this one just to add fuel to the fire here: he said that in the past developers worked at Rockstar and even slept there, spending holidays working because they wanted and makes it clear that developers must be aware of this, about all the work extra, as they are there in complex projects. This goes against what people thought for some time about the crunch and devs complaining about the in-person return to Rockstar's offices.

There are other interesting facts said about behind the scenes in the interview.

• Bruh 1

Lemoyne outlaw
1 hour ago, PauloJz said:

Joe Rubino gave an interview to San channel and revealed some interesting things:

RDR 2 was remade at least 3 times in development;

Apparently, it suggests that RDR 3 is already in development, as it mentions three major projects, two in conjunction with Rockstar (GTA VI is one of them, obviously);

who is joe rubino? is he a reliable source for insider information? i have never heard of him.

what do they mean by rdr2 was remade three times? did they have to rebuild it from the ground up each time? or did they keep some stuff from each version?

also it's not surprising that there is a rdr3 in development. if this is correct then it's possible that it will be the next game after gta 6.

Agent Edward
4 hours ago, Lemoyne outlaw said:

who is joe rubino? is he a reliable source for insider information? i have never heard of him.

what do they mean by rdr2 was remade three times? did they have to rebuild it from the ground up each time? or did they keep some stuff from each version?

also it's not surprising that there is a rdr3 in development. if this is correct then it's possible that it will be the next game after gta 6.

How the hell he knows that RDR3 is in development if he don't even work there anymore? I'd say it's in pre-production waiting for GTA6's release to then be developed.

Posted (edited)

Roger Clark deserved an Oscar for his performance as Arthur Morgan. The best performance I've ever seen in a video game. It's just magnificent.

Also have we ever found out what happened with this one (see below) ... why was it never released??? This would have been so amazing.

the-art-of-red-dead-redemption-ii-description-1.png

the-art-of-red-dead-redemption-ii-description-2.png

Edited by Emmi

Jakub1904
Posted (edited)
On 7/1/2024 at 3:59 AM, Lemoyne outlaw said:

I'm pretty sure there's no way RDR2 was remade three times from the ground up. There's always going to be a lot of rewriting and remaking stuff in such a huge project and it seems like the development of RDR2 was particularly turbulent, so I guess it was a bit of a hyperbole from him.

Edited by Jakub1904