2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2 General Chat

We already talked about "real nature". possible baby animals. How about baby horses?

attention ... cutness overload :inlove:

pic.jpg

I want a rainbow unicorn pony as a mount

• Like 3
VigMarston

We already talked about "real nature". possible baby animals. How about baby horses?

attention ... cutness overload :inlove: a little stallion from my brood mare. born a week ago

-Snip-

I dunno how they will implement baby horses. I obviously wouldn't mind them though and If any npc's or animals hurt that baby horse, I'm going Hulk on their asses :lol:

Edit: Aww..That pic is so cute. I'm gonna have to go punch a wall now!

Edited by VigMarston91
  • Like 2
HandSoap2811

attention ... cutness overload :inlove: a little stallion from my brood mare. born a week ago

pic.jpg

i dont know if there will be any baby horses but we have seen different size of horses in the screenshots they showed us last year...

d67c2919a0dfe0e173602536c4ac4b0d.jpg

• Like 1

-Snip-

I dunno how they will implement baby horses. I obviously wouldn't mind them though and If any npc's or animals hurt that baby horse, I'm going Hulk on their asses :lol:

Edit: Aww..That pic is so cute. I'm gonna have to go punch a wall now!

I want tiny baby calves. and if i skin a baby calf i want delicious veal.

Uh ... Vig, you're right. Who knows what they will do to the little ones ...
I think I don´t want any young animals anymore ... some here want to eat them directly :dozing::sigh:

I should delete the idea from my head ... but we already saw a picture of possible buffalo calves? maybe it is possible?
But it's probably like with children ... they shouldn´t be in a game where people can kill anything and everyone.

• Like 2

I think I don´t want any young animals anymore ... some here want to eat them directly :dozing::sigh:

I should delete the idea from my head ... but we already saw a picture of possible buffalo calves? maybe it is possible?

But it's probably like with children ... they shouldn´t be in a game where people can kill anything and everyone.

But... Freedom!... lol. I always felt weird walking around in GTA and there's no kids. Just make it an automatic 5-star offense. kill a kid, the army comes after you. it really helps the atmosphere. like in AC when there would be beggar kids and stuff.

Well when you think about it stuff like the torture scene in GTA:V wouldnt be allowed back in like 2002 people would blow their f*cking top, so, maybe one day youll have little puppies and children in GTA and no one will bat an eye.

Edited by Cozzi
  • Like 1

But... Freedom!... lol. I always felt weird walking around in GTA and there's no kids. Just make it an automatic 5-star offense. kill a kid, the army comes after you. it really helps the atmosphere. like in AC when there would be beggar kids and stuff.

Well when you think about it stuff like the torture scene in GTA:V wouldnt be allowed back in like 2002 people would blow their f*cking top, so, maybe one day youll have little puppies and children in GTA and no one will bat an eye.

There will never be kids in a GTA. Get over that wet dream psycho..

All ok ... lol ... I know how you mean buddy ;)

I like veal, too :D My grandpa slaughtered animals at home. It wasn´t nice ... but who wants to eat meat must be able to live with it. Today, most people are too spoiled. They think meat grows on trees and lands in the freezer of the supermarket or as a burger at McTrash ... (miss a puking smiley)

But back to topic. You're right, kids and young animals are helping the atmosphere, but there are enough psychos ... forget it ... I don´t know. I don´t want to think about it.

In Skyrim, there are also children, but you can´t kill them, as long as you don´t mod the game. That would be a good compromise.

Edited by Yelda
VigMarston

You wanna eat a baby calf? You're sick dude! lol

Edit: Please! Lets NOT discuss violence towards kids (even in video games).The world is f'd up as it is.

GTA is already controversial and violence towards children is a huge NO NO! Even from a GTA fan like me.

Told ya.. I know Cozzi is kidding,But some people will do sick stuff to animals (I love animals and I'm a veggie btw)

Edited by VigMarston91
  • Like 2

You wanna eat a baby calf? You're sick dude! lol

Told ya.. I know Cozzi is kidding,But some people will do sick stuff to animals (I love animals and I'm a veggie btw)

Im screwing around but you guys know you can buy veal at Walmart. lol. Literally calves that have been overfed and tied on a short leash so they cant walk around and it makes them fatter and more tender. Would make total sense as far as ranching cattle goes to have veal. Surely it was eaten back then.

Edited by Cozzi
  • Like 2
VigMarston

Im screwing around but you guys know you can buy veal at Walmart. lol. Literally calves that have been overfed and tied on a short leash so they cant walk around and it makes them fatter and more tender. Would make total sense as far as ranching cattle goes to have veal. Surely it was eaten back then.

I dunno about all that but, I wouldn't mind if RDR II had an eating mechanic like Breath of the Wild did (I think I discussed this with MostWanted MVP)

Different foods give ya different perks.. That would be awesome :D

• Like 2

I dunno about all that but, I wouldn't mind if RDR II had an eating mechanic like Breath of the Wild did (I think I discussed this with MostWanted MVP)

Different foods give ya different perks.. That would be awesome :D

I wouldnt see R* doing that, but id like it as an extra that maybe makes health go up faster or something. or just when you sit down at camp he grabs food and cooks it. kind of like like Mafia 2 did. it was more of an aesthetic than a pick-up or perk system in that game.

Edited by Cozzi
  • Like 1
Flyin_Japman

Motor Wars is as close to a battle royal that we have now, and it's better than either of those main games. Mainly because R* actually rewards us for playing, regardless if we win or not. That, and it's not a full map scavenger hunt for various weapons. Get a car, kill your enemies, round 2 repeat. Bam, it's done. $$. Next.

Catfish Pie

Persistent bullet holes in walls/buildings etc...at least in same gaming session anyway.

Generally more realistic weapon/bullet physics:

-More detail to bullet wounds

-bullet trajectories

-More realistic weapon/bullet ranges

-Different ammo types and ability to reload your own ammo.

-Authentic weapons from the period..ie 'The gun that won the wild west' The 7.5" .45 Colt peacemaker...I want a pair of Nickel plated ivory gripped Peacemakers ☺

-More smoke and general realistic detail from weapons firing...including more variations/realistic ricochet sounds.

- And the nice punchy weapon sounds from RDR or hopefully even better this time! I loved the accurate reverb affects from gunshots depending on landscape in RDR.

And overall, all the content and future DLC for online also added to single player/campaign.

J

DexMacLeod

I want a more realistic animal ecosystem. In so many games you'll see a predator attacks its prey and then just move on as if it was only killing for sport. I wanna see a wolf pack fighting over a corpse. I wanna see a cougar actually stalking a deer, get the kill and then drag it to a place where it can eat in slight piece or have to fend off scavengers.

• Like 9

I really want to see realistic bruising and wounds, i genuinely want my injuries to have to ability to get realistically bad depending on what I've been hurt by, for example if some one shoots you like 5 times i wanna see blood scattered all over your clothes and bullet holes in the areas my character was shot in and an animation or physics engine that has my character wobble when walking (depending on what he's wearing).

I also really want to see each NPC have a personality, let me explain, what i mean is I want the NPC's to be more realistic unlike GTAV where you stare at someone and they start running as if a meteor hit the city. I want each NPC or the majority of NPC's to have a difference approach to how you act, for example if you draw your gun most NPC's will draw back or some may plead for their lives giving you money as an excuse to not executing them or maybe a women will cry trying to gain the attention of people around her for help idk just some ideas I would really like to see.

• Like 2
ghostly dude

I want realistic veal with a side of bananas.

• Like 1

I want to be able to Drive Trains. :D

Yeah and you should be able to rob guarded trains with safes in them in free mode. It would also be nice to be able to detach the train carts from each other.

Also I'm hoping for trains in multiplayer too this time around, a train battle game mode would be nice where you have one team attacking the train and the 2nd defending it.

can someone with a knowledge of trains help me out here? it seems like, when people detach train cars hitched together, that there's a pin and they pull a big pin out. is that actually possible on old school trains like that? if the pin is the only thing holding the train car on, then logically all of the force is on that pin which would lock it in there tight and make it basically impossible to pull out with bare hands. Am I wrong?

• Like 1
VigMarston

can someone with a knowledge of trains help me out here? it seems like, when people detach train cars hitched together, that there's a pin and they pull a big pin out. is that actually possible on old school trains like that? if the pin is the only thing holding the train car on, then logically all of the force is on that pin which would lock it in there tight and make it basically impossible to pull out with bare hands. Am I wrong?

I'm not that knowledgeable about it but, I know little about link and pin. I'm gonna give ya link (no pun intended) for different couplers people have been using since 1873. You can read if you are interested mate :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railway_coupling#Radial_couplers

Edited by VigMarston91
  • Like 1

I hope theres a way of contacting people in your gang to fight along side you in free-roam, similar to GTAV where you can call either of the two characters you are not playing as and they can take a ride with you, hang out, or go on a massacre. I really want to be able to call up certain people within the gang to rob what i want, and kill who i want while looking like a badass gang leader leading my gang how i please in free-roam. I really want to see this imagine calling up bill, john and other people in the gang to rob whatever bank within the RDR2 map or killing innocents or even claiming bounties. I feel this could work and hope it gets included in this upcoming game.

• Like 2
Potter145

I hope theres a way of contacting people in your gang to fight along side you in free-roam, similar to GTAV where you can call either of the two characters you are not playing as and they can take a ride with you, hang out, or go on a massacre. I really want to be able to call up certain people within the gang to rob what i want, and kill who i want while looking like a badass gang leader leading my gang how i please in free-roam. I really want to see this imagine calling up bill, john and other people in the gang to rob whatever bank within the RDR2 map or killing innocents or even claiming bounties. I feel this could work and hope it gets included in this upcoming game.

There are two questions to this: How will it take away from the "lone outlaw"-kinda-experience?

And how will it be integrated? You certainly couldn't just call people on the fly back then.

• Like 1

There are two questions to this: How will it take away from the "lone outlaw"-kinda-experience?

And how will it be integrated? You certainly couldn't just call people on the fly back then.

1. Theres certainly not a "lone outlaw" experience as Arthur contributes to a gang, maybe in a certain part of the story but we all know Arthur will have a close relationship with his fellow outlaws.

2. Well obviously I'm not saying for Arthur to have a cell phone lol, maybe they could implement a lettering system where you send a letter to a particular gang member and he or she will arrive to your location. there could also be a system where you go to the gang member you want to seek adventure with and take that specific gang member along with you.

• Like 1
SuperKitsune

1. Theres certainly not a "lone outlaw" experience as Arthur contributes to a gang, maybe in a certain part of the story but we all know Arthur will have a close relationship with his fellow outlaws.

2. Well obviously I'm not saying for Arthur to have a cell phone lol, maybe they could implement a lettering system where you send a letter to a particular gang member and he or she will arrive to your location. there could also be a system where you go to the gang member you want to seek adventure with and take that specific gang member along with you.

Who says Arthur will spend the whole game in a gang? I can definitely see some moments that he is a lone wolf kinda guy. Not to the extent of Marston, but still.

Potter145

there could also be a system where you go to the gang member you want to seek adventure with and take that specific gang member along with you.

Yea I can definitely see Arthur going to his outlaw camp and interacting with the gang members and maybe take specific characters from the posse with you on certain missions.

Who says Arthur will spend the whole game in a gang? I can definitely see some moments that he is a lone wolf kinda guy. Not to the extent of Marston, but still.

It was also my thinking that we have these quiet experiences in RDR2, out alone in the nature. We can clearly see this in the first shot of the first and second trailer, in the shot with the campfire in the night from the first trailer and the screenshot where Arthur is in the woods ,the one where he is riding in front of the sun and the one where he is holding the horse.

Im not saying Arthur will spend the entirety of the game in a gang without moments to himself but rather the majority. Who says? well every trailer, screenshot, R*, and also some very evidential leakers state he's a gang leader...sooooo theres that. Its all just speculation I could be wrong, only time will tell.

Edited by Safari
Cozzi

^ I felt like he was a strongman money collector type guy for the gang as opposed to the leader. I'm sure R* will let him be the leader sometime though.

• Like 1

I hope for both the buffalo & albino buffalo to make a come back & get put into single player along with other types of mounts

• Like 1
DexMacLeod

I hope for both the buffalo & albino buffalo to make a come back & get put into single player along with other types of mounts

Super rare/hard to acquire mounts would be pretty cool. Like a wild horse that's super hard to tame, or a camel working at a really well guarded mine.

• Like 4
  • Kirsty changed the title to Red Dead Redemption 2 General Chat
  • Kirsty unpinned this topic
  • Kirsty pinned this topic