1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How the FAIFAF cargo system could have been better

Jimbatron

OK rather than complain about why it has its flaws, which has been done to death, here are the things that I think would have made it better:

1) Crates should have been indestructible, but could be hijacked and stolen by other players.

This would counter the main complaint I see, which is griefers in jets (you might stop a convoy, but you'd have to land to nick the goods), but still keep pvp competition (clearly the idea).

2) CEO have the ability to vary the cut to associates to give them a higher percentage of a sell if required %.

Fairly self explanatory, the pay they get is poor to say the least - although ranking up does seem fast.

3) The actual return on a sell should have been higher.

Its a long amount of time invested to fill a warehouse, and doesn't give as good a return as a heist, but carries much greater risk. PAC standard can net every player $400k in 1.5 hours easy with a competent group.

4) It would be good to have a Crew communal system - where everyone not in the same server could all contribute to the Crews warehouses (even if not in the same server) and benefit from the share of the sells (income distributed at the end of the week based on amount of work by each player)

This gets around the fact, if you have a crew like ours of just over 100 people it can be difficult to find even groups of 4 all the time. But with a system like this, we could all work together.

Damned_Hitman

Ability to steal crates is definitely a change that would be great to see, as would communal 'warehouses'.

I like how random the spawns appear to be so far, it's like Team Mafiya Work, it's changed the game brilliantly, it just needs a few tweaks.

Personally I prefer it to heists, because there is more risk.

• Like 2

Ability to steal crates is definitely a change that would be great to see, as would communal 'warehouses'.

I like how random the spawns appear to be so far, it's like Team Mafiya Work, it's changed the game brilliantly, it just needs a few tweaks.

Personally I prefer it to heists, because there is more risk.

Yes. The new stuff has lots of potential, it just needs tweaking. I tried attacking someone else shipment just to see what happens. The money you get for destroying it is not enough to be worth the bother, so the only reason someone would do it is to troll people - but it is very easy to do so in a jet.

Stealing stuff for a greater reward I really think would work though, as it's much harder to make off with a van, as the organisation would have a chance to win it back.

When they first released information on organization business, the newswire implied we could be competing with other organizations for cargo. Turned out that there is infinite supply to buy from and infinite demand to sell to. Organizations are isolated from each other except for the ability to destroy crates. Competition reduced to mindless griefing.

Number one in your list would go a long way in helping that, by adding some form of competition over cargo. I'd also like to see some competition over sales. Endless static demand made the system a lot less interesting for me. Let sales opportunities be more random in nature. "Look boss, company X wants to buy this many crates of cargo for this much money, do you want to take the deal? Decide quick, other organizations may sell before us". Let the organizations in the session compete for that.

The system right now is a boring, predictable grind. It's like grinding heists on free roam. Some players may be fine with it, but I am not content with how such a great premise is ruined in its execution.

When they first released information on organization business, the newswire implied we could be competing with other organizations for cargo. Turned out that there is infinite supply to buy from and infinite demand to sell to. Organizations are isolated from each other except for the ability to destroy crates. Competition reduced to mindless griefing.

Number one in your list would go a long way in helping that, by adding some form of competition over cargo. I'd also like to see some competition over sales. Endless static demand made the system a lot less interesting for me. Let sales opportunities be more random in nature. "Look boss, company X wants to buy this many crates of cargo for this much money, do you want to take the deal? Decide quick, other organizations may sell before us". Let the organizations in the session compete for that.

The system right now is a boring, predictable grind. It's like grinding heists on free roam. Some players may be fine with it, but I am not content with how such a great premise is ruined in its execution.

Yes I agree. Perhaps instead of the upfront buying fee, cargo would appear on the map for all organisations to compete for them?

It would be nice to have random crates spawn on the map, with greater value, but higher risk since it can be stolen by other organizations. Make it so there can spawn 1 to 3 crates like the ones you buy.

IamCourtney

Agreed almost entirely. As much as FAFF is by far my favourite update, there are definitely areas for improvement/expansion. It would be amazing if you could act as a bandit crew hijacking others to save the cost of buying, or try to lure skilled associates away from rivals by offering better pay.

How about we can pick up the boxes and put them in the trunk of our car, and/or use our own vehicles for transport. It's f*cking stupid to drive out to the middle of nowhere, kill the thieves who drop a box each, and then have to make 2 extra trips back and forth between my warehouse when I'm driving a f*cking SUV.

Even if we had to take time to load them from one vehicle to another, what kind of idiot says "yeah, you know my shipment of illegal sh*t I'm buying from you and going to have to run from the cops/other players to keep? Load it into the back of a sh*tty old motorhome that can barely outrun a Rascal on low batteries." If we could bring our own upgraded vans and have the product loaded into them, then it would make far more sense. Might actually give us a reason to buy the Mule and such off of Warstock if we could upgrade them and use them to transport cargo. Doing so would also potentially net them more Shark card sales because we would have a bunch of delivery vehicles to upgrade.

Also we should be able to choose how we deliver our product. I get that it would make it easier and less random, but it would also make sense. If someone says "hey I will buy sh*t, but you have to deliver it with a slow as balls boat that you will fall through sometimes" I'd tell them to f*ck themselves and look for another buyer.

Another thing they could do to go more in-depth with it would be having some info about the buyer/seller. How reliable they are, whether they attract unwanted attention (higher likelihood of deal being attacked/thieves taking), where they like to meet, how they like to receive their goods. You wouldn't agree to move millions of dollars worth of product without first having a clue who you were dealing with and what the terms were other than the price.

All in all this is a really interesting update but it's also really shallow. It will be interesting to see what they do with this when GTA 6 rolls around, and whether they expand upon it.

Edited by -Morbid-

• 4 weeks later...

It would be nice to have random crates spawn on the map, with greater value, but higher risk since it can be stolen by other organizations. Make it so there can spawn 1 to 3 crates like the ones you buy.

Yes. This is what it was like with "Special Crates" where in the beginning of the game everyone made a massive dash for. Everyone had an incentive to go for it.

Destroying other people's crates as it is though I think is worth $2k - that to me isn't enough to encourage competitive play, only trolling.

1) Crates should have been indestructible, but could be hijacked and stolen by other players.

This would counter the main complaint I see, which is griefers in jets (you might stop a convoy, but you'd have to land to nick the goods), but still keep pvp competition (clearly the idea).

100% this.

It defeats the object when other players objective is just destroy, because of the sheer volume of things in the game that can wreck you in an instant - Hydras, Savages, Turreted Limos, Homing Launchers etc.

If players were required to steal your cargo to make money off it it would actually require some skill, and odds are you wouldn't see as many CEOs in small lobbies kicking people from the server because they'd only have to worry about competent players disrupting their cargo runs, not every mango with a Hydra.

Edited by JohnGazman