1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Skyrim Remastered 2016 (PS4 & Xbox One)

Mister Pink

Mister Pink

For original Skyrim topic, go here.

We can discuss Skyrim Remastered for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. (Forgot to put PC in title if someone can add it for me please?) I'm looking forward to this because I had the complete edition for 360 but sold my Xbox for an X1. I still have all my Xbox 360 games though. I never got to play any of the DLC nor did I even complete the main quests. I know there was still so much more to see and do.

Does anyone know if your save file from previous gen can carry over? I think I made a save but not sure. Maybe it's best I start over.

Updates:

Osho: Just noticed: link - If you own Skyrim and all its add-ons or own Legendary Edition on Steam, you'll get a free upgrade to Skyrim Special Edition on Oct 28.

Its FREE!!!.

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 2

Creed Bratton

Wow, it almost looks like a modded PC version.

See what I just did there? That was a complisult.

LittleBlueTroll

I still believe this game looks absolutely gorgeous on PC. First time I played it on ultra I was seriously like "wow" So this remastered version will probably bonify my already bonified boner.

Edward Nashton

:/

I guess this is great news for console gamers who want to revisit Skyrim.

I still believe this game looks absolutely gorgeous on PC. First time I played it on ultra I was seriously like "wow" So this remastered version will probably bonify my already bonified boner.

You didn't mod your game? I'm not being snarky, I'm just wondering.

Mister Pink

@Yokel: Yes, in the English language we call it a 'backhanded compliment.' Thanks for including patronizing video explanation there too, otherwise we probably would never have understood. :dozing::p

Back on topic, what else do you hope to see in the game? I know there will be mods, what ones are available that you might use for your next playthrough?

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 1

Shadowfennekin

Modz on the Xbox version of Skyrim? Awesome!

Can't wait to ride a dragon :D

@Yokel: Yes, in the English language we call it a 'backhanded compliment.' Thanks for including patronizing video explanation there too, otherwise we probably would never have understood. :dozing:

Back on topic, what else do you hope to see in the game? I know there will be mods, what ones are available that you might use for your next playthrough?

Multiple marriages.

I wanna hook up with Lydia and the Vampire girl in the DLC

• Like 1

Edward Nashton

If the Immersive Armor and Weapons mods are available, people are going to be in for a real treat

Edited by Edward Nashton
  • Like 1

Wow, it almost looks like a modded PC version.

See what I just did there? That was a complisult.

[ ... ]

I'm a simple man, I see community, I press like.

@topic: Skyrim has a lot of problems, a new coat of paint won't fix this game.

But does Skyrim really need a remaster? It's only five years old.

Apparently PC players get it for free. Probably because mods can make the original look 100x better than the remastered version.

• Like 1

Moving Idiot

Apparently PC players get it for free. Probably because mods can make the original look 100x better than the remastered version.

The PS3 version was pretty badly optimized as far as I've heard, I'm not sure about the 360 version though.

Edited by TalkingPear

what else do you hope to see in the game?

Graphical enhancements sounds great. It might save all the hassle of installing individual beautification mods, and simply focus on important gameplay mods without any issues.

Also, Unofficial Patch and Cutting Room Floor

Unlikely, but if they include these two then I'll definitely pick another copy for PC.

HAH, GAAAAY.

That fits here too.

Well good for you consolers! Instead of getting the promised modability on consoles (yeah I know, the new "Special Edition" does allow it), you get to pay money again for something PC had for years!

Edited by Fireman

Mister Pink

Yeah was kind of thinking that but.. I mean I would happily play Skyrim on a 360 with the 360 graphics but I think, like many others out there, I sold my Xbox and I'v been dying to play a bit of Skyrim. Now, I can play it on my Xbox One which I'm happy about and the graphics have been bumped up a bit.

One could argue: Why not just make it backwards compatible? True but I'll buy the game because Skyrim is worth it, especially when it comes to bang for your buck. It will be playable in 5 years time on my Xbox One, I can use mods now (why no just get a PC? I have one and prefer to game on a console), the graphics will be a but better (bonus for me, not a selling point) and I hope the loading times will be greatly improved. Oh and we get all the DLC, right?

@shaddowfennekin: I'm not sure how many hours I sunk in between two games of Skyrim but I still never managed to get married. :(

@Edward Nashton: I'm not too up on mods at all, only from what my friend tells me about on PC but they seem interesting. Here's hoping.

• Like 1

Creed Bratton

It's free only if you own all the DLC or the Legendary Edition. And yes, the not-that-impressive graphical upgrade is exactly why those PC gamers will get it for free. Bethesda knows that there's no incentive to pay for it if you already own it. This is in a way a long overdue apology for the original release which was a blatant console port. If I decide to jump back (not likely if I'm being honest.) I only hope that modders can port their mods with relative ease. I used a sh*tton of mods in the original version.

• Like 1

Just noticed: link - If you own Skyrim and all its add-ons or own Legendary Edition on Steam, you'll get a free upgrade to Skyrim Special Edition on Oct 28.

Its FREE!!!.

Edited by Osho
  • Like 2

Just noticed: link - If you own Skyrim and all its add-ons or own Legendary Edition on Steam, you'll get a free upgrade to Skyrim Special Edition on Oct 28.

Its FREE!!!.

I take what I said back then :p

That's pretty sweet.

Oh wait, that only goes for PC-version? I don't take it back then. They just give something free to people who were never going to buy it anyway (I hope).

Edited by Fireman

I find it hard to be excited about this, as it doesn't really seem to bring anything valuable to the table unless you're going to be picking it up on console. Even at the low low price of free, I'm not seeing any reason as of yet as to why I wouldn't just keep my current version (PC obviously).

The PS3 version was pretty badly optimized as far as I've heard, I'm not sure about the 360 version though.

Not badly optimized. I mean, at least not anymore than your average Bethesda game. The problem with the PS3 version was largely down to the PS3's system architecture.

Edited by Coin.

Oh wait, that only goes for PC-version?

Yup. No mention about a similar upgrade for console players, so far.

I doubt they'll make it free to them. Consoles is where they can make money by selling features like mod support and better graphics. PC players are already playing remastered version with mods and all. No point in buying it again. Unless ( as I listed above ), they update the vanilla game and DLCs significantly with big fixes, restored content, and anything else to make it more appealing for PC gamers.

Moving Idiot

I find it hard to be excited about this, as it doesn't really seem to bring anything valuable to the table unless you're going to be picking it up on console. Even at the low low price of free, I'm not seeing any reason as of yet as to why I wouldn't just keep my current version (PC obviously).

Not badly optimized. I mean, at least not anymore than your average Bethesda game. The problem with the PS3 version was largely down to the PS3's system architecture.

The PS3's architecture is indeed hard to program for, but in the end it's not the PS3's fault. If you decide to release your game on a certain system, then it's your responsibility to make sure it's opitmized for that particular platform, and it wasn't.

happygrowls

As someone who only recently got into Fallout, I see this as my opportunity to get into Elder Scrolls.

• Like 3

The PS3's architecture is indeed hard to program for, but in the end it's not the PS3's fault. If you decide to release your game on a certain system, then it's your responsibility to make sure it's opitmized for that particular platform, and it wasn't.

PS3's architecture was terrible for open world games, particularly of this nature and scope. I'm not convinced there was ever any 'saving' it given how much resources were spent on that version to the point where they ended up cutting their DLC plans short.

Edited by Coin.
  • Like 1

Can't complain really. I'm always going on about how great certain remasters would be. Even if PC mods are better at least there's a greater chance of a stable build (maybe) with this, and it's free. I played so much Skyrim that I don't think I can face it again though, and the mechanics and narrative are absolutely dated now; as fun as Skyrim was it's been made totally redundant by TW3, and doesn't have the charm that Oblivion had.

Edited by Failure

Goodbye life (and my money :( ). I'm all over this like chicken grease on faces.

• Like 1

chronic lumbago

I played this game for over 1000 hours without mods. It's one of my favorite games of all time and this remaster is like a dream coming true, but I don't know about paying the full price..

I'm glad it's official but knowing every corner and playstyle of skyrim and consisering fallout mods and other upcoming games I think I'll rather pass until it's cheaper. Maybe I'll play as a wood elf finally lol

Edited by fashion
  • Like 1

Moving Idiot

PS3's architecture was terrible for open world games, particularly of this nature and scope. I'm not convinced there was ever any 'saving' it given how much resources were spent on that version to the point where they ended up cutting their DLC plans short.

If you're unable to get it to work properly, don't release it. I get that they're a business and all, but they knowingly sold people a fundamentally broken game. That was their decision, not Sony's. So in the the end, they're the ones to blame.

Edited by TalkingPear

If you're unable to get it to work properly, don't release it. I get that they're a business and all, but they knowingly sold people a fundamentally broken game. That was their decision, not Sony's. So in the the end, they're the ones to blame.

They probably shouldn't have, but it's really all besides the point, re: misinformation.

This doesnt mean much to me because im on PC. It already looks amazing on PC (vanilla, f*ck ENB mods) and I already have the ability to use mods. I will probably try it still. The trailer didnt give a lot of scenery.. I wanna see how different everything else looks.

• Like 1

The mods better be good on console, cause besides the graphic improvement that's going to be the only reason I'd be getting it, fur da modz.

Edited by Hotband

PoeticWhisper

Skyrim was my first real RPG. I had no idea what I was doing, or how I was doing it. I am not saying I have an extensive knowledge in RPG's now but I am a lot more seasoned with them now. So I can't wait to dive back into Skyrim with a fresh, new set of eyes.

I thought this was a joke.

Remaster Skyrim?

what a f/cking stupid idea.