1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

You are all missing the entire point of the CEO/warehouse system

handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie

It is NOT meant to be your moneymaker/grind.

Even if you could just do it solo in an invite only room, you still will not make nearly as much money over the same amount of time than had you just did Headhunter/Hostile Takeover + Salvage over and over again over the same period of time. Throw in a bounty here and there, a daily objective, sell a blue modded sentinel when midnight rolls around.....you will be WAY ahead in $ than spending all your time filling warehouses and getting frustrated at people playing the game as intended interfering with you.

This CEO/warehouse system, while it does pay to a certain extent, it is clearly not there to be THE money maker, it is there to GENERATE CONTENT.....so every time someone jumps in a jet, or goes off radar and rams you in a car, and you associates have to fend them off.....THAT IS THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE CEO/ WAREHOUSE SYSTEM.

It is simple math. You will get $2.2 million for 37 large shipments at a BASE cost of $666k PLUS whatever ghost org you spent, how ever many personal vehicles you blew up (I always go after people in my T20), plus ammo, etc etc......the cost simply pile up and pile up...

The MOST profit you can make if no one bothers you and you dont have to fire a shot to defend your purchases and you spend nothing to sell your goods is....

$1.54mil.....but the reality is you are eating into that big time with all the other expenses, in reality you will be lucky to clear $1mil in profit, maybe 1.1mil or 1.2mil.

And how long does it all take? It took me probably close to 6-8 hours, maybe more just to fill my large warehouse with large shipments. So 8 hours to make MAYBE $1mil? AND you need a lot of things to go right? Namely no interference with the delivery......can you not see that this is clearly NOT intended to be a money grind?

If you want/"need" game cash, the VIP work/challenges is where it is at. You need to focus on the ones that do not run on a timer (headhunter/hostile takeover + Salvage)

You could actually make a lot more $ if you could fill a playlist lobby full of 10minute deathmatches and captures, but that never happens anymore.....so the VIP work/challenges is the only realistic option.

Edited by handcuff_charlie

DevilDaRebel

He is right, CEO is supposed to make you money in the long run after you've played for a while and do a few crates there and there. It's not supposed to be grinded like say, Heist or VIP.

You're assuming Rockstar intended anything in particular. I guarantee that while they made damn sure we wouldn't get rich on this, it took the efforts of our hive mind to really calculate the worth of it over the long haul. Which, when any amount of risk is included, is not nearly enough.

It should pay more. But it doesn't, so here we are. I'm doing it because it's new and different, and mixing in VIP jobs because they pay better.

handcuff_charlie

*takes a seat* this should be good.

it is simple math, even if the office, warehouse, and everything else you have to buy upfront were free.....it simply does not pay out enough over the time you must invest in order to be used a as a "money grind"

People should focus their efforts on what WILL pay out, otherwise they are just going to get frustrated.

• Like 3

so every time someone jumps in a jet, goes off radar and rams you in a car and you associates have to fend them off.....THAT IS THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE CEO/ WAREHOUSE SYSTEM.

I agree with everything you say, it's just this would be more fun if jets weren't so f*cking easy to get. I wouldn't mind having to fend off something as op as the jet if it actually took effort on the pilots part.

Other than that I agree.

• Like 3

For me, it's the easiest way to make money. Especially if your on your own in a public session. But I get your point though.

handcuff_charlie

You're assuming Rockstar intended anything in particular. I guarantee that while they made damn sure we wouldn't get rich on this, it took the efforts of our hive mind to really calculate the worth of it over the long haul. Which, when any amount of risk is included, is not nearly enough.

It should pay more. But it doesn't, so here we are. I'm doing it because it's new and different, and mixing in VIP jobs because they pay better.

I don't really have to assume. It is obvious and I can read. THE GAME ACTUALLY NOTIFIES PLAYERS TO INTERCEPT AND DESTROY CRATES "FOR CASH AND RP"......duhhhh.

When you do most wanted, you are ghosted to the rest of the room because the point is to survive against the cops the longest....you aren;t left vulnerable to other players because that would interfere with the point of the challenge.....

So clearly if R* didnt want you to be interfered with so that you could grind $, then they would have made you ghosted to everyone else during crate runs....they didn't, they also do not make it a lucrative thing for crate killers to stop your crate shipments.

It is all about turning freemode into the content center of the game. This system is just a new way to engage with other players in freemode in competitive, contested gameplay. I find it fun because I am not depending on it to make me millions of GTA$. I like pvp and this delivers in SPADES.

I also find it the easiest way, because I don't get bored, I don't know how people do it in solo sessions without getting incredibly f*cking bored.

Edited by Mr_Zombly
  • Like 2

handcuff_charlie

For me, it's the easiest way to make money. Especially if your on your own in a public session. But I get your point though.

If you had one friend with you you would make significantly more money just grinding VIP work/challenges rather than crates.

I agree with the generating content. I'm just having a blast buying, selling and grinding VIP work inbetweeen, and I don't see it as THE moneymaker either. However I do these solo mainly cause my connection is shady af and get split anyways. And I love doing these, this update actually made me stop grinding heists and missions, and has given me a huge sense of immersion and I'm enjoying it all.

And I'm making a lot of cash, since I do these on my own, I've found various stratergies that ended up raking in millions in hours time... But yeah, you can't really go around telling people how they should see the update and expect them to take you seriously. It's all based on experiences and all that.

handcuff_charlie

If you had one friend with you you would make significantly more money just grinding VIP work/challenges rather than crates.

so every time someone jumps in a jet, goes off radar and rams you in a car and you associates have to fend them off.....THAT IS THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE CEO/ WAREHOUSE SYSTEM.

I agree with everything you say, it's just this would be more fun if jets weren't so f*cking easy to get. I wouldn't mind having to fend off something as op as the jet if it actually took effort on the pilots part.

Other than that I agree.

Honestly the jets were thrown in the game when this was an entirely different type of game. There was so little to do in freemode that they really had very little impact.

If they were being introduced now, they should be the priciest item in the game by far.

I think gameplay would be best served if Hydras had a 1hr cooldown period. I personally dont mind them all that much, but they are far too prevalent and tend to have too much of a presence in my opinion.

ALTHOUGH, R* DID EXTEND GHOST ORG FOR A REASON....pretty sure this is your reason.

I treat it as the most passive way to make money.

Join a lobby. Poke around. See what it's about.

Do a two-crate delivery.

Too easy.

VIP work.

Try a three-crate.

VIP work.

Do another three-crate.

VIP work.

Things get hairy, go back to two-crate.

VIP work.

Do a few more deliveries.

VIP work.

Oh look, warehouse 2 has 54 crates. May as well go for a delivery.

VIP work.

VIP work.

Hey, warehouse one is at 38 crates. There aren't too many hostiles on this lobby, should probably deliver them.

VIP work.

Rinse.

Repeat.

???

Profit.

The result is an enjoyable experience that earns you cash and isn't as tedious as grinding heists.

handcuff_charlie

I agree with the generating content. I'm just having a blast buying, selling and grinding VIP work inbetweeen, and I don't see it as THE moneymaker either. However I do these solo mainly cause my connection is shady af and get split anyways. And I love doing these, this update actually made me stop grinding heists and missions, and has given me a huge sense of immersion and I'm enjoying it all.

And I'm making a lot of cash, since I do these on my own, I've found various stratergies that ended up raking in millions in hours time... But yeah, you can't really go around telling people how they should see the update and expect them to take you seriously. It's all based on experiences and all that.

Just trying to talk some sense into folks that are really getting bent out of shape because they are missing the obvious.

I wholly agree with your immersion statement, I havent played this much on PS4 since switching over. The game is totally transformed now.

I treat it as the most passive way to make money.

Join a lobby. Poke around. See what it's about.

Do a two-crate delivery.

Too easy.

VIP work.

Try a three-crate.

VIP work.

Do another three-crate.

VIP work.

Things get hairy, go back to two-crate.

VIP work.

VIP work.

Oh look, warehouse 2 has 54 crates. May as well go for a delivery.

VIP work.

VIP work.

Hey, warehouse one is at 38 crates. There aren't too many hostiles on this lobby, should probably deliver them.

VIP work.

Rinse.

Repeat.

???

Profit.

The result is an enjoyable experience that earns you cash and isn't as tedious as grinding heists.

This....

It is more like something you do when the opportunity presents.

People are thinking crates can be grinded for big $, but they simply can't.

• Like 4

Other than that I agree.

Honestly the jets were thrown in the game when this was an entirely different type of game. There was so little to do in freemode that they really had very little impact.

If they were being introduced now, they should be the priciest item in the game by far.

I think gameplay would be best served if Hydras had a 1hr cooldown period. I personally dont mind them all that much, but they are far too prevalent and tend to have too much of a presence in my opinion.

ALTHOUGH, R* DID EXTEND GHOST ORG FOR A REASON....pretty sure this is your reason.

Ghost org too overpriced for me, but yeah, I can handle a hydra, most of them crash anyway but then they go get another immediately so a cool-down would be great.

Edited by Mr_Zombly

Scott Stapp

The point was to earn more money in a lobby because their servers suck so much ass you spend more time waiting for missions to load than playing them, not realizing that updates like this crash their servers even more because they already suck.

l Marksman God l

People can use it to grind, no problem. I just don't see why making multiple threads complaining about jets and why you shouldn't destroy crates, it's a public lobby ffs. 100% agree on the Hydra cool-down tho, 1hr is maybe too much but 20min would work great.

Edited by l Marksman God l
  • Like 1

There's enough flame bait threads regarding this update. This shall be good.

• Like 1

I play the CEO/Crate-game because...it's new. It's something new, and adds some new gameplay elements. Why not play it? f*ck, this game shouldn't be asecond job anyhow lol

Edited by CrissRiot

Rewdolf has got it right. You do them in a row because either way there is a cool down for vip work and buy/sell crates. Vip work is almost a guaranteed 20k so you pay for your crates and even net a profit while you fill a warehouse and then sell for a big haul. In my opinion, if were talking about grinding money, then doing vip work in between buy/sell missions is a must. That 2.2 mil looks a lot better when 740k is added on top assuming you did all 3 crate deliveries to fill up the warehouse

OP is right. It's not for grinding, but it's a nice change, and these buying/selling missions has alot of variasion to make them refreshing and unique.

The Sullinator

I like it solely because it helps thrive my personal roleplay. My character is a drug kingpin and partner with Martin Madrazo. I also pretended I was doing deals during some missions, or Series A, etc. But now I can actually do it. The money is just extra.

• Like 1

Like I said before..

The only game mode designed to MAKE you money is heists

everything else is a game mode that you get paid for......people who complain about pay outs don't seem to get the difference....

• Like 3

The Wandering Hunter

*takes a seat* this should be good.

*pits popcorn in microwave*

It is NOT in place to give you something to be your moneymaker/grind.

Even if you could just do it solo in an invite only room, you still will not make nearly as much money over the same amount of time than had you just did Headhunter/Hostile Takeover + Salvage over and over again over the same period of time. Throw in a bounty here and there, a daily objective, sell a blue modded sentinel when midnight rolls around.....you will be WAY ahead in $ than spending all your time filling warehouses and getting frustrated at people playing the game as intended.

This CEO/warehouse system, while it does pay to a certain extent, it is clearly not there to be THE money maker, it is there to GENERATE CONTENT.....so every time someone jumps in a jet, or goes off radar and rams you in a car, and you associates have to fend them off.....THAT IS THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE CEO/ WAREHOUSE SYSTEM.

It is simple math. You will get $2.2 million for 37 large shipments at a BASE cost of $666k PLUS whatever ghost org you spent, how ever many personal vehicles you blew up (I always go after people in my T20), plus ammo, etc etc......the cost simply pile up and pile up...

The MOST profit you can make if no one bothers you and you dont have to fire a shot to defend your purchases and you spend nothing to sell your goods is....

$1.54mil.....but the reality is you are eating into that big time with all the other expenses, in reality you will be lucky to clear $1mil in profit, maybe 1.1mil or 1.2mil.

And how long does it all take? It took me probably close to 6-8 hours, maybe more just to fill my large warehouse with large shipments. So 8 hours to make MAYBE $1mil? AND you need a lot of things to go right? Namely no interference with the delivery......can you not see that this is clearly NOT intended to be a money grind?

If you want/"need" game cash, the VIP work/challenges is where it is at. You need to focus on the ones that do not run on a timer (headhunter/hostile takeover + Salvage)

You could actually make a lot more $ if you could fill a playlist lobby full of 10minute deathmatches and captures, but that never happens anymore.....so the VIP work/challenges is the only realistic option.

Spot on, its a competitive gamemode and people are trying to find ways to do it solo haha, its bizarre. Especially as like you say, you make more money doing VIP missions anyway.

I totally agree you with the idea. Not every new factor in a game should give you more profit. And the fun should be fighting with other players for this update (without cheater)

Yet you still underestimated those who really "grind" CEO missions. With 2 warehouses(to skip CD time), free Buzzard for some tricky deliveries, normal guns and patience. You can get 24~30 cargos per hour after considered those you have to pick one by one.

It's not as good as playing pac with a group full of elites, but getting 250k to 300k per hour without any other setbacks is not all that bad

• Like 1

I just appreciate it as more content to play, why grind? Have some of you been grinding since 2013? Just curious how many millions you could have legit by now. For now I just want to share my profits with my associates like in heists but through the existing interaction menu option. Maybe be able too steal crates instead of just blowing them up (which I refuse to do). I do like the challenge though, it has changed the way we play in a good way IMO.

yeah but it's the most fun I've had making money in this game ever. grinding doesn't appeal to me, but I can do those buy missions over and over again.

• Like 3

SoDank_ItPainsMe

Grinding for cash in gta is pointless period, most intelligent players aquire cheated money and then play the activities for fun without worrying about money.

I agree with OP, the new mode is better just to have fun and change freemode PvP.

Edited by SoDank_ItPainsMe