2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How to go about getting the special item shipments?

Mr Ohnoez

Angelababy16

I got a watch that's worth 150k.. I had to refill 2 crates after it was gone and had to wait 15 minutes before I could sell that warehouse lol

I currently have 8 special items in a single medium warehouse. All of which which were collected within filling about 3 large warehouses. Now since I have collected those 8, I have gotten enough crates to fill about 6 large warehouses and haven't gotten another special item. I don't feel I started doing anything differently, they just stopped coming. Knowing what triggers then would really be nice.

Also I have gotten special items without even a phone call. Sometimes I'll sit in my office and let My assistants collect them. And a couple times after sitting back down to start another mission, there is the special item available. Not even a phone call. I go in and check for them every so often. But still I have not gotten a special item in ages.. :(

8 special items? All together in 1 warehouse?

Personally, I can't collect more than 6

Can you post a picture?

I currently have 8 special items in a single medium warehouse. All of which which were collected within filling about 3 large warehouses. Now since I have collected those 8, I have gotten enough crates to fill about 6 large warehouses and haven't gotten another special item. I don't feel I started doing anything differently, they just stopped coming. Knowing what triggers then would really be nice.

Also I have gotten special items without even a phone call. Sometimes I'll sit in my office and let My assistants collect them. And a couple times after sitting back down to start another mission, there is the special item available. Not even a phone call. I go in and check for them every so often. But still I have not gotten a special item in ages.. :(

8 special items? All together in 1 warehouse?

Personally, I can't collect more than 6

Can you post a picture?

That surprises me too. 6 should be the max as far as I know.

• 2 weeks later...
BLACK DYNAM1TE

I was in a room with 6 players, I didn't get a call from the Assistant, there was a random info box in the upper left corner saying "Special Item Availible" when I went to purchase it was a Golden Minigun.

Good thing I noticed it. After playing 3 years you really don't read the 'black boxes' anymore. So her call maybe glitched or you don't need her call but to pay attention when it's ready. I personally felt this should have been a good use for the email app on your ifruit, but eh.

I was in a room with 6 players, I didn't get a call from the Assistant, there was a random info box in the upper left corner saying "Special Item Availible" when I went to purchase it was a Golden Minigun.

Good thing I noticed it. After playing 3 years you really don't read the 'black boxes' anymore. So her call maybe glitched or you don't need her call but to pay attention when it's ready. I personally felt this should have been a good use for the email app on your ifruit, but eh.

The Assistant calling you was removed in one of the last updates. Now you only get the black box. They removed the call to avoid the bug where the Assistant sometimes wouldn't call you when a special item was available. The black box shouldn't have that problem. Edited by C64fanatic

I've done 212 and had 6 calls, took a while to get the 6th call itself though, around 70 crates.

7 special items now (same day as post)

Edited by Lazid

I've done about 980 crate missions and only ended up with about 10 special crates so far. I got them more often on the first week the update dropped.

Edited by UNRULYWOE

SkynetOnlineID

I've managed to get 2 rare special crates this week. It's weird because before that I filled 3 large warehouses simultaneously and didn't receive a single call.

Currently I have 4 of the rare crates in one warehouse (the large diamond, ornamental egg, big foot pelt and gold minigun) and 1 rare crate in another warehouse (rare gold pocket watch).

Still waiting for the rare film reel.

Does anyone know if you can get duplicate rare items in the same or different warehouses?

HalfOfAKebab

I've gotten a notification/tooltip telling me that a special crate is available to be purchased, but it doesn't say what to do, where to go or who to talk to. Do I just log onto the SecuroServ network and it'll be there, or..?

Cackling Jack

I've only ever had these two special items

woytouO7uEmCwnBnBlsv7Q_0_0.jpg

And a golden mingun

Does anyone know if you can get duplicate rare items in the same or different warehouses?

Maximum amount of special items you can keep is 6. It doesn't matter if you keep it in one warehouse or place it in different warehouses, once you've collected and keep them all you can't get special item notification.

But someone on this forum told about duplication, though it was a bug.

I've gotten a notification/tooltip telling me that a special crate is available to be purchased, but it doesn't say what to do, where to go or who to talk to. Do I just log onto the SecuroServ network and it'll be there, or..?

Yep, all you have to do is log in the SSN, special item will be instead of single crate purchase (top one).

Also, pay attention to its value, it varies from $19000 to $30000 per item.

HeistsActivist

Still not got any calls. Do you think it makes any difference what type of warehouse you own? I've only got a single small at the moment.

No. I have 1 16 Crate Warehouse and got a call. Couldn't get to sell.

Giantsgiants

Sometimes you get bogus phone calls, at least in my experience. I've had phone calls while I was in freemode and nothing appeared.

I got the film reel and the bigfoot pelt.

Edited by Giantsgiants

For my part, haven"t got a phone call for a rare crate for a while .. does anyone have one recently ?

Pretty sure the phone calls went away with 1.35, replaced by an on-screen notification. So yeah, probably not.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
WithoutorAgainst

any news or new informations on this?

are they still appearing for some of you?

I got a special item yesterday, got the phone call from my assistant about it too.

Never seen the black box notification, I always get a call. Got one a day or two after the 25% bonus started, not had a special item since though and I've collected & sold 1 small and 1 medium w/house since

whywontyoulisten

Yeah they put the calls back in again at some point.

How many special items are there? Cause I filled a small warehouse a while ago with 8 special items worth ~800k. Haven't received a call about special item in 3 months.

When I sold everything I got call couple of days later.

So, yeah. They're still pretty active and pretty random.

Edited by --V--

How many special items are there? Cause I filled a small warehouse a while ago with 8 special items worth ~800k. Haven't received a call about special item in 3 months.

There're only six I think.

1) Pocket Watch

2) Golden Egg

3) Film Reel

4) Diamond the size of your assistant's fist

5) Bigfoot Costume

6) Golden Minigun

There're only six I think.

1) Pocket Watch

2) Golden Egg

3) Film Reel

4) Diamond the size of your assistant's fist

5) Bigfoot Costume

6) Golden Minigun

Yeah, it's Six. GTASeriesVideos confirms it.

I've gotten three special items over the past 3-4 days.. Bigfoot costume, the pocketwatch and the fist-sized diamond.
The Bigfoot costume was picked up earlier today

I've gotten three special items over the past 3-4 days.. Bigfoot costume, the pocketwatch and the fist-sized diamond.

And how many crates did you steal inbetween?

So i'll basically never get a special item if i keep buying 3 crates?

I don't think the number of crates you buy matters at all. I've gotten it while buying crates in batches of 2 and also 3.

I believe it is the number of successful collections that regulates our chances of getting a special crate. Whenever I fill my large warehouse in collections of 3 (37 collections total), I always get 1 special crate in between, and very rarely 2 special crates.

And how many crates did you steal inbetween?

I do 2 at a time since I'm collecting solo.

So i'll basically never get a special item if i keep buying 3 crates?

i find it easier to just buy 1 crate at a time cause the special crates spawn for me after 50-80 pickups. they seemed to have spawn at least once or twice in every 100 pickups.

crate 261: film reel counterfeit goods

crate 318: golden minigun

crate 350: large diamond

crate 438: ornamental egg

crate 590: rare hide

crate 682: film reel

crate 721: rare pocket watch

crate 781: rare hide