2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How to go about getting the special item shipments?

Mr Ohnoez

I never had the opportunity to pick up those special crates , not yet at least.

I only do 2-crate pick ups, so far I delivered around 80 crates in total, maybe i need to deliver more in order to recieve the special-item-call .

EDIT: Got the call yesterday, while buying the X80 Proto . went straight to the office -that took around 4mn- but then once i logged in i couldn t find the special crate ....

ok, this is not a workaround but more a what to expect. see if it works the same way for any of you. i had this happen a couple of times but same pattern:

i haven't been paying attention to how many shipments trigger the rare items but let's say 30. If you do 29 deliveries and leave the last one to finish later. when you do 1 next session, you get the call about the rare item but it doesn't show on the computer. however if i do 30 again in one session, everything works fine.

it is as if the assistant knows when you complete from a previous session and calls you but the computer only registers how many shipments made in the current session so it doesn't agree. i guess a workaround could be to deliver a rare before you finish for the day.

poppafewpills

I logged into an invite only session and immediately got a call from the associate...

I flew to the office, ran upstairs and sat at the computer only to get the message that I can't participate as a CEO because I wasn't in a public lobby.

Most of my friends get the call constantly while they're acting as associates or in invite-only lobbies (sometimes 3 times in an hour). It's almost as if the program can sense their inability to accept the offer, so then taunts them with offer after unacceptable offer.

As for me, I never go invite-only anymore, nor do I associate with rival CEOs.

Edited by Kyphosian

Does anyone know if there is a limit on holding special crates??? I'm holding 4 right now, she called out of the blue and after heading to the office there was no special cargo to buy. This happened the last time I was holding 4 as well. I'm kinda stuck right now.

My friend received a special crate after ever 25th purchase he did. I'm not sure if this is important but this was without loosing cargo while bringing it to the warehouse. I've destroyed a crate and did not get a special crate call until I did 25 purchases without incidents...

Anyone having thoughts of a scheme in this? Theories? Experiences?

Does anyone know if there is a limit on holding special crates??? I'm holding 4 right now, she called out of the blue and after heading to the office there was no special cargo to buy. This happened the last time I was holding 4 as well. I'm kinda stuck right now.

My friend received a special crate after ever 25th purchase he did. I'm not sure if this is important but this was without loosing cargo while bringing it to the warehouse. I've destroyed a crate and did not get a special crate call until I did 25 purchases without incidents...

I wouldn't worry too much - it's quite glitchy at the moment.

Two of my special items, I didn't even get the call. Then one time, I was halfway through delivering a special item back to my warehouse, and she gave a call about another special item. When I get to my office, nothing's there.

I think it's a bit flaky for everyone right now.

Well I doubt a destroyed crate has anything to do with it(unless its only when you destroy it yourself) cause MrBoss even got special items and I doubt he made 25 flawless buys in a row lol(incase you dont know him hes a youtuber and 10 people a session try to kill him or his cargo)

Got a question for you though; whats the combined worth of 4 special items? Is it allot more then selling them solo?

@Bobfakkel

No there is no special bonus on selling 4 special crates at one time... You do not get the plus when selling in a full lobby as well. Just the price tagged in the warehouse computer.....

Has anyone had more than 6 rare items in the same warehouse or more than one of the same item?

I did, but that's when the game lost its mind and kept converting regular cargo into rare items (but not the rare items' values), so it doesn't count.

I found that it's best policy to sell those rare items right away (or at least as soon as you find a "safe" lobby). They take up space in warehouses that may prevent you from maximizing the value of each crate in a full-warehouse sale. As their values don't appreciate with volume, having multiple doesn't have a benefit. You also have no choice of how many of multiple rare items you want to sell; it's always "all".

^ Are you sure about value? I've only ever been offered 1 Special Item (the watch) and it's gone from 150K to 160K without me doing anything. The medium warehouse it's in is otherwise empty, but has been filled and sold once since I got the watch.

^ Are you sure about value? I've only ever been offered 1 Special Item (the watch) and it's gone from 150K to 160K without me doing anything. The medium warehouse it's in is otherwise empty, but has been filled and sold once since I got the watch.

The values fluctuate for special items according to my office computer...

The values fluctuate for special items according to my office computer...

That's what I hoped was happening, at least some very very tiny evidence of the whole "business" not being on rails.

Edited by Gridl0k

small question: i keep seeing "shipment value 125000" when i deliver some goods...why do they state the value if thats not the value we are getting it for?

Like i got 2/3 crates of medical supplies and when i entered my warehouse it said something along the lines of special shipment value: 225000.

but when i enter the laptop to sell the top option gives me a lower price, more like 100k

its no tv sketch

I had at least 4 calls from assistent after I had the medium size around 60-90% filled, but nothing on the laptop. Then I purchased another warehouse and got the call-> special item was purchasable at the first warehouse's crate selection screen on the laptop.

Edited by its no tv sketch

small question: i keep seeing "shipment value 125000" when i deliver some goods...why do they state the value if thats not the value we are getting it for?

Like i got 2/3 crates of medical supplies and when i entered my warehouse it said something along the lines of special shipment value: 225000.

but when i enter the laptop to sell the top option gives me a lower price, more like 100k

I cannot explain that all I know for sure is when I finish a buying run it will usually tell me special shipment value: $460000 (i have 4 special items) but when I go to the PC at the office it says anything from $460000 - $500000 so that's why I assume the price fluctuates, also I could be wrong but I think the tutorial mentioned fluctuating prices so sell at the correct time when we first purchased the office/warehouse, I could be wrong..?

whywontyoulisten

Just got my first special item on my main character, with the large warehouse at 70% full. No phone call.

If you feel that you should have had a special item a long time ago, it may help to shut down the game and restart. I have had that feeling two times, and both times I believe this did it for me. One of the times I got it as soon as I logged in again, and I got the other after doing just one job after the restart.

Just remember that it doesn't seem like you can get the call if you are inside you office or warehouse, so step outside and check.

Edited by C64fanatic

I confirm that I cannot confirm how to get special crates!

> First theory that you have to be a CEO for a certain amount of time - UNCONFIRMED. I was an Associate, but left to become a CEO, and half-an-hour later got a call.

> Second theory that your secretary gives you accurate information - UNCONFIRMED. She's called me a couple of times, but no crate, but I've gone to my office at random times and found a special item at the top of the list.

> Third theory that if you wait all day, you're bound to get a crate - UNCONFIRMED. Me and several friends have waited through entire sessions with no phone calls or special crates.

It's a totally out-of-the-blue and random occurrence - ABSOLUTELY, with a possible cooldown period before receiving further notifications.

Had 4 calls so far, first was a bust no special item when I went back the office but the next two worked. Got another yesterday & again went the office but no special item.

Did literally 40 consecutive pick up runs at one point yesterday, no special item. I swear it was about 30 runs at first and they upped it. Feels like it's 1 out of 60 to 70 now.

malcolmfunktion

I've sometimes got the call and it won't show up on the computer. I also got the call and it was there but it disappeared after logging on and off a few times... (I was checking the lobby map as there was loads of punters hanging around the building AND I had a $9000 bounty on me)

Also, I got the call to collect the yeti/gorilla suit and decided to sell it straight away...when I had a look in my warehouse it was there but there was also the gold mini gun (which I sold previously) and the egg from (presumably) Oceans 12 which I don't remember buying...anyway...when I sold the yeti suit...it was still in my warehouse but the egg and gun were gone. I reckon the special item option is in need of some polishing.

Also, just a thought...do people realise the special item to buy shows up where the 1 crate ($2000) option is and not below the 3 crate ($18,000) option. Just in case as I nearly overlooked it the first time round.

Edited by malcolmfunktion

Shadowfennekin

Well, I finally got a third(Bigfoot pelt). I was helping another CEO deliver crates and after he left, I went and became a CEO and got called right after I started Headhunter.

So if there is a crate delivery requirement until your next, I guess helping others counts towards it as I literally only bought one 2 crate shipment since my second special item.

CarimboHanky

Did literally 40 consecutive pick up runs at one point yesterday, no special item. I swear it was about 30 runs at first and they upped it. Feels like it's 1 out of 60 to 70 now.

i got my 5th special item today and i dont think theres a pattern or something that triggers the event... seem to be at random.

i got the egg when i had 47 crates, the bigfoot pelt at 96, minigun at 110, film reel at 126? and today got the large diamond at 169.

i when to my office ordered 3 crates, left the office to start the mission, the assistant called me as usual, i hang up and she called again to inform me of the special item. i thought i would miss it but no, finished the crate pick up, when to office and to my surprise there it was, waiting for me.

I've bought about 250 crates and had 2 calls, the second of which was a lie. I've done about 60 collections since the last call.

If these were supposed to be every 10 collections as per the help text then yeah, fix pls... I doubt it though.

I've bought about 250 crates and had 2 calls, the second of which was a lie. I've done about 60 collections since the last call.

If these were supposed to be every 10 collections as per the help text then yeah, fix pls... I doubt it though.

I have done about the same, and I've had 7 special items. It doesn't exactly prove anything, but I do think this shows that it's probably not purely random.

I'm pretty tired of people suggesting that the call comes after a specific number of crates, either successful or not. THIS IS NOT THE CASE! Anybody that spends any time reading the posts in this thread will realize this.

I've gotten the call without so much as launching a single crate mission! I joined a new session (after no crate work all day) and after standing perfectly still on a hillside for ten minutes, my assistant called with news of a special item.

It's random. Accept that this won't change until R* decides to focus its efforts on working out the bugs.

Also, just a thought...do people realise the special item to buy shows up where the 1 crate ($2000) option is and not below the 3 crate ($18,000) option. Just in case as I nearly overlooked it the first time round.

Everyone that has ever collected a special item knows this.

Just remember that it doesn't seem like you can get the call if you are inside you office or warehouse, so step outside and check.

I've gotten the call in both my office and warehouse, and in both cases it was actually available to purchase.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe that the frequency of how often you get special items depends of the number of people in the session. For example you got more chances to get a call about a special item when you are in a session with many players instead of a session where you play solo. I have got 6 special item calls and all of em were in sessions with 20-30 players. 9/10 times i play in a session where there are 3-4 people but i have never got a call about a special item where i play in a session with a low number of players.

Edited by ouzounisg

I've got an especial item without any call from my assistant. When I was going to buy some cargo at my office I noticed that an especial item was available for purchase.

Your receptionist doesn't call any more, you get a notification top left after you deliver crates.

Always look at the single crate slot before you buy (to check it's 2K not 20+) because yeah you can miss them otherwise.

SomeNoobAssNoob

I currently have 8 special items in a single medium warehouse. All of which which were collected within filling about 3 large warehouses. Now since I have collected those 8, I have gotten enough crates to fill about 6 large warehouses and haven't gotten another special item. I don't feel I started doing anything differently, they just stopped coming. Knowing what triggers then would really be nice.

Also I have gotten special items without even a phone call. Sometimes I'll sit in my office and let My assistants collect them. And a couple times after sitting back down to start another mission, there is the special item available. Not even a phone call. I go in and check for them every so often. But still I have not gotten a special item in ages.. :(