2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How to go about getting the special item shipments?

Mr Ohnoez

So far I've gotten 2 calls from my associate about a special item thats states just come back to the securo serv computer, yet when I show up the special item is not listed...

Im aware that it should show up on the single crate listing...

but sucks quiet alot... Shes called me when Im still on a shipment I answer then go into my warehouse to drop off a previous shipment and come back to the Maze bank building and its not there...

Any ideas?

I've filled my warehouse 2 times and have yet to be able to actually accept a special item

I literally had my first special item last night after already having 5 full large warehouses for a day or so. I had the call lots of times but same as you it would not show on computer in single crate (or any other) listing.

My 145th crate was my first special/rare item I got. Also went straight to my office, got there in around one minute.

Was that decorated egg or something like that. Cost me 25k and is worth 125k.

Had you previously just done a 1 2 or 3 crater? If its 1 or 2 then it must be as other guy says, wont work on 3 craters, this would explain why I got my first one after about 240 crates.

the only thing im sure is that you cant get them if all you do is 3 crate runs, i have 2 items and the 2 times got the call after delivering 2 crates, filled a entire warehouse doing 3 crates and didnt receive a call, start alternating between 3 crates and 2 crates and baam got the calls.

Good looking out man!

Not correct, i always do 3 crates and ive gotten 3 items so far out of 135 runs total (Egg, Watch, Film Reel).

Its RNG and nothing more, either you are lucky or you aint.

Beartooth Bek

I've only been buying crates one by one, around 350 crates in total. I had 6 special items already (Large Jewel X2, Golden Minigun, Film Reel X2, and Rare Hide), so it might have to do with the amount of runs you make, rather than the amount of crates?

I have sold my full medium warehouse four times and have got four special item calls. Two of them I got kinda odd way. When I got the rare pocked watch, I was selling my friends special item as his associate, during the delivery mission in tug boat I got call from assistant about special item, after helping my friend I got to my office and computer, and bought the special item.

Another funny moment was when I was delivering my friends (different friend) cargo again as his associate, and he got network error during the delivey so the mission ended for me and I got right after that call from my assistant about rare item, this time it was that rare egg or something. As before, I drove to my office and bought the egg.

So could it be that they are so random that they don't even have anything to do with how much do you deliver normal special cargo?

Edited by PuceKusi

Only got the call once, and it was just as my party was about to launch the Pac Standard finale. :/

The special item call has nothing to do with which warehouses you own, that's a fact.

Once you get back to your office you can choose which warehouse to store the special crate in, just click around the map on your warehouses and the crate will be available for the one you choose.

But I've no idea on how fast you have to act after the call. I just get there as fast as possible.

symphonight

I've got 2 calls, but each time, when I go to the warehouse, there is no special item on the computer, juste the three regular ones. (2k, 9k & 18k.) Seem like the update need a little fix (And also, every time I enter in my storage, my personnal vehicle spawn far away on the dock when I juste go out.)

Edited by symphonight

JohnMcClainNYPD

It seems so random. I know they are easy to miss as well if you are busy and don't realize what your assistant is calling about. I know I hung up on her a couple times before I was watching a youtube video only to discover she was offering a rare item. So far I've sold 2 of them.

CarcerCityMadMan

From experience ive gotten 4 so far they usually were around 40 pickups apart for me anyway.Im due for another soon.

I say this,Right after you get one spam the 3 crates for a bit then when you get around 30 to 40 picks give or take(sometimes more,sometimes less)start mixing it up with single crates and it should trigger the call.

Edited by CarcerCityMadMan

My 145th crate was my first special/rare item I got. Also went straight to my office, got there in around one minute.

Was that decorated egg or something like that. Cost me 25k and is worth 125k.

Had you previously just done a 1 2 or 3 crater? If its 1 or 2 then it must be as other guy says, wont work on 3 craters, this would explain why I got my first one after about 240 crates.

I mostly do 3, but there are a few 2 crate orders here and there. Dont remember what was the last one before the call. But it happened right after I finished a drop and went out of the warehouse.

I've now sold 5 warehouses, working on #6, still only got one special item. That bitch better call me soon, there are people with less crates collected with 3-4 special items ffs.

All I know now is mine keep happening right before I'm charged my daily services, and I hear the sound speakers makes when a cellphone is about to ring next to them if I'm too busy for the call.

I have had 3 special items - and I got the calls when I was on my own in a session.

Do the value of the special items also increase the more you have? I don't know cause I have just sold them right away.

I have had 3 special items - and I got the calls when I was on my own in a session.

Do the value of the special items also increase the more you have? I don't know cause I have just sold them right away.

I think I can answer my own question now: It doesn't. I had a rare watch worth 150.000, and then I got the golden minigun and sold both of them for 265.000. I have read somewhere that the golden minigun is worth about 115.000, so that fits the bill. Edited by C64fanatic

I am wondering if the chance of getting a special item increase if you have more than one warehouse? Can anyone comment on that? I am chatting with myself here :) .

JSwartz0181

Have four warehouses presently (two medium and two small), and I've had four opportunities, but only the most recent was I actually able to get it (didn't get a call, just logged-on to the network, and there it was). And I'm currently at 98 purchases.

CarimboHanky

I am wondering if the chance of getting a special item increase if you have more than one warehouse? Can anyone comment on that? I am chatting with myself here :) .

i dont think that matters, i got 1 large and have 3 special items.

The special crate needs to be sold separately or ?

I got the film reel and it values $95.000

Have four warehouses presently (two medium and two small), and I've had four opportunities, but only the most recent was I actually able to get it (didn't get a call, just logged-on to the network, and there it was). And I'm currently at 98 purchases.

i dont think that matters, i got 1 large and have 3 special items.

Okay, thanks. Doesn't seem to increase then.

The special crate needs to be sold separately or ?

I got the film reel and it values $95.000

Yes. You can sell all your rare items in one go, but you can't mix rare items with special cargo. Edited by C64fanatic

TKDSnovelist

I did just 32 runs, until getting my first special item (rare pocket watch)

I've got two warehouses, small & medium. All i did, was filling the small one (16 runs) and selling it + filling 8 crates in each warehouse (another 16 runs) until i've got the call. Last run was a single crate by the way, & i've checked the laptop. When i left the warehouse, she immediately called me.

I've gotten 2 calls now and every time I go to look, it says I need to be in a public session. I am in a public session. :(

JSwartz0181

I'll just throw it out there. Got my 5th opportunity (and second that I was actually able to complete). Upon completing it, I was at 115 purchases complete (and had only failed one just before when someone blew me up as I was pulling into my warehouse -- so it was my 116th purchase). I typically always do two crate purchases, as I'm typically doing the stuff solo, and it's just so much cheaper than doing three. I suppose I should have looked at how many sales I'd done, and how much I'd earned lifetime at the time, in case either of those factor into the availability, but I literally didn't think of that until just now.

idonknowhow

I did not buy and sell for a while, was alone in invite only doing headhunter, and she called. :sui:

I've gotten 2 calls now and every time I go to look, it says I need to be in a public session. I am in a public session. :(

Try cycling CEO off and on, that worked for me when I couldn't access my terminal in a public lobby.

I got my first Rare Item offer after my 45th purchase (of varying crate quantities)

I got my second Rare Item offer after my 43rd purchase (of varying crate quantities)

Seems like "around 44 purchases" is the magic number to get an offer for a Rare Item

On another note:

My first rare item was the Pocket Watch

I was testing force-quitting during a 2-crate (normal crates) sale. It took away one of the crates, which I expected, but my Pocket Watch turned into the Russian Egg. However, the selling price for it is still $150,000 like the Pocket Watch.

NXP7A9F.jpg

ZaD59Ea.jpg

6a1uPP5.jpg

Sky_Light12

i wonder if " human organs " crates are count as special item , because i never seems receiving it before

whywontyoulisten

I just sold my entire 16-crate warehouse, sold a car in LSC, went back to my office, and there was an ornamental egg in the 1 crate slot. Not a peep from my assistant.

Only got 1 phone call. Item was worth around 100k. Since finally making my money back with this ceo update I'll just deliver special items from now on. It's an easy 100k.

Only got 1 phone call. Item was worth around 100k. Since finally making my money back with this ceo update I'll just deliver special items from now on. It's an easy 100k.

It is, but you have to purchase regular crates about 44 times or so to get an offer on a Special Item

Sky_Light12

It is, but you have to purchase regular crates about 44 times or so to get an offer on a Special Item

hey even while i was non-vip , i still get that call and yet , it's nothing . all i did is getting antique pocket watch 100% for my first time