2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

CreepShow

Unresolved questions

CreepShow

Playing this game for 9 years straight makes you think about little details, not including technical errors or storyline mess ups. Thats what this post is about.

Like, for example,

-Where the hell does Johnny, Niko and Luis charge their phones ? Inifinite batteries I guess

-Why the heck Dave Grossman is the only one seen in the whole game with a proper 'Prospect' patch?

-Why every single safehouse's bathrooms (excluding TLaD ones) are locked?

-Where's the location of Roman's new cab deposit?

-How the Burguer Shot/Clucking Bell's personnel knows what Niko wants with only showing one finger.

-Why Pigeons and seagulls arent afraid of bullets, fire, explosions and overall noise? I've seen pigeons with more balls than some peds.

Edited by CreepShow

ULPaperContact

Who is the mysterious handsome bastard known as the United Liberty Paper Contact?

Why is the [email protected] accepted even though it's publicly pronounced twat? Don't you think that name would not be good for business?

CreepShow

Why ULPaper has some FIB diploma in his office when he calls FIB agents gay? :panic:

ULPaperContact

Actually, that's a CIA IAA diploma.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

How come eating a burger can restore health and remove the blood from clothes?

How did Niko do it, when he's just come off a boat after being at sea for a number of months and jumps behind the wheel of a car? To me that would be a weird sensation to be driving around.

How does Niko suddenly have a new apartment in Middle Park East, just like that? Roman was supposed to be quite poor and gambling all his money away on the internet. Where did he get that money?

Zello

How does Niko suddenly have a new apartment in Middle Park East, just like that? Roman was supposed to be quite poor and gambling all his money away on the internet. Where did he get that money?

The insurance money from the cab depot burning down

How does Niko not get deported? He's in the country illegally and when he gets busted they just let him go

Edited by Zello

Voggs

What happened to Niko's fingerless gloves, did he forget them in the Platypus?

No but seriously, did R* or an exployee ever answered why the gloves weren't in the game or is it still one of mankind's biggest mysteries?

The Deadite

What's up with Roman's sleeping schedule?

I swear i can call him anytime i want and he will go out with Niko.

Big_Smiley

What happened to Niko's fingerless gloves, did he forget them in the Platypus?

No but seriously, did R* or an exployee ever answered why the gloves weren't in the game or is it still one of mankind's biggest mysteries?

Just from the beta. The gloves didn't make the cut into the final game.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

The thing with the fingerless gloves was that some weapons held with the gloves didn't look like it fit quite right in his hand, I remember hearing that somewhere.

Zello

The thing with the fingerless gloves was that some weapons held with the gloves didn't look like it fit quite right in his hand, I remember hearing that somewhere.

I thought it was because of when you change clothes they had difficulty adding a slot where you could select the gloves

Big_Smiley

I thought it was because of when you change clothes they had difficulty adding a slot where you could select the gloves Similar things like those two statments were the cause of this. But really only R* knows. Really wish they made it into the final game :/

Uncle Vlad

How does Niko not get deported? He's in the country illegally and when he gets busted they just let him go

You lose money everythime you get busted. I guess it´s rather bribe than a financial penalty. Niko even mentions it during "Union Drive" that every cop in this city is corrupt.

Algonquin Assassin

-During "First Date" Niko suggests going to Firefly Island, but when he and Michelle arrive Michelle says that it's closed like she already knew. Wouldn't she tell him that beforehand?

-It always amuses me that friends are available to offer their perks even during the hours they'd normally get pissed off due to sleeping if you ring them to hang out. Why?

-In "Easy As Can Be" when Niko's just stolen Lyle's car how does he know so quickly the pursuers are a threat? He looks over to see the car parked across the street and says "No risks Brucie? Maybe this juicing is f*cking with your head" like after a couple of seconds.

The Deadite

In the mission "logging in", Roman sends Niko to a internet cafe even though he's in front of a computer.

Why is Roman such a dick to Niko?

Why can't he check out his e-mail in the taxi central?

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

-During "First Date" Niko suggests going to Firefly Island, but when he and Michelle arrive Michelle says that it's closed like she already knew. Wouldn't she tell him that beforehand?

A: She probably forgot and just remembered it was closed.

-It always amuses me that friends are available to offer their perks even during the hours they'd normally get pissed off due to sleeping if you ring them to hang out. Why?

A: Because they are at the % where they like Niko enough to help him.

-In "Easy As Can Be" when Niko's just stolen Lyle's car how does he know so quickly the pursuers are a threat? He looks over to see the car parked across the street and says "No risks Brucie? Maybe this juicing is f*cking with your head" like after a couple of seconds.

A: Because they pull up and were sitting there scoping Niko out, one even gets out of the car exclaming "That's Lyle's ride!"

JosephStalin

Does Brucie really have funny balls?

Edited by FuckingYokel

CreepShow

Does Brucie have balls at all?

Cao Ang

I've always wondered if the ULP Contact from IV and V are two different agents. Since there's over hundred guys that fit his description.

ULPaperContact

I'm here, aren't I?

universetwisters

How did Niko do it, when he's just come off a boat after being at sea for a number of months and jumps behind the wheel of a car? To me that would be a weird sensation to be driving around.

I mean it's not like he's never ever driven a car before in his life.

Uncle Vlad

He had a lot of practice. He and his yokel family are driving around in dirty cars all the time.

Cheatz/Trickz

Carmen's abilty to heal gunshots over the phone always puzzled me. Speaking of the girlfriends, why do they always text Niko asking him to call them, and when you do, they moan about being woken up?

Pedinhuh

I've always wondered if the ULP Contact from IV and V are two different agents. Since there's over hundred guys that fit his description.

They are, same voice actor and all.

Algonquin Assassin

Carmen's abilty to heal gunshots over the phone always puzzled me.

She is a nurse though so I can understand the logic behind it.

Uncle Vlad

In the mission "logging in", Roman sends Niko to a internet cafe even though he's in front of a computer.

Why is Roman such a dick to Niko?

Why can't he check out his e-mail in the taxi central?

Because his computer doesn´t work properly. It catched some nasty viruses and trojans from visiting all the websites about women who don´t like to shave.

Edited by Uncle Vlad

Osho

I think this type of unrealistic, useless gimmicks are completely at odds with any type of logic because of the game's more grounded feel, and just breaks the immersion otherwise.

What kind of logic is used to make any sense for a nurse to magically send across a quick health boost simply from calling her????

Big_Smiley

I think this type of unrealistic, useless gimmicks are completely at odds with any type of logic because of the game's more grounded feel, and just breaks the immersion otherwise.

What kind of logic is used to make any sense for a nurse to magically send across a quick health boost simply from calling her????

It's called Grand theft auto.

Algonquin Assassin

I was referring to her occupation and the logic that she would give a health boost for that reason. Not the method it's delivered. I wasn't sure if CNT knew that she was a nurse that's all.

PhillBellic

Why does the Bohan Bay Bridge's Western Terminus not make any sense?