1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

What Would Be The Theme of The Next GTA?

The Rockstar Gamer 108

What type of criminal would you like to play as?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote!

• Working For A Gang
    • Working For A Mafia
    • Biker Theme
    • Working For A Rich and Powerful Man
    • Working For Corrupt Govt Person
    • Drug Dealing
    • Illegal Arm Dealing
    • Building Protagonist's Own Empire
    • Professional Robbery Theme
    • Nightlife
    • Contract Killer Theme
    • Cyber Crime/ Hacker Theme
  2. 2. Want to play the next GTA?

• YES
    • yes
  3. 3. GTA VI or EFLS?

• VI
    • EFLS

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Hi Friends! What would be the theme of The Next GTA?

For Example, GTA TLaD focuses on Biker Theme.

GTA TBOGT focuses on Nightlife.

GTA San Andreas mainly focuses on Gangbanging.

GTA Vice City Mainly Focuses on A Person Who Rieses And Gets A Powerful Crime Position. I have named it Building Protagonist's Own Empire.

GTA LCS Mainly Focuses on Mafia.

GTA V focuses on Professional Robberies and Jobs.

Etc.

In this topic we will discuss about the theme of the next GTA.

Vote the theme you want to be included in The Next GTA.

Edited by DIze

Hans-Hermann Hoppe

I'd like something even more gangbang-y than San Andreas, set in Chicago in the early 2000s

• Like 1

My top 3 picks:-

- Building Protagonist's Own Empire - Proffessional Robbery

- Working for a Rich and Powerful Man

I'll be happy if the next GTA heavily focuses on either one of them.

• Like 1

I'd like outlaw biker theme the most (similar to TLAD,but with longer story,and set in a place with some countryside and small towns),but I wouldn't complain if we get street gang theme,mob theme or building our own criminal empire theme,maybe even contract killer/hired muscle theme or street racing/professional carjacking/getaway driving theme.

Edited by LeopardGecko
  • Like 1

Guest Guest176525326

I have always liked the Mafia theme, like we had in GTA IV.

I hope ppl voting for gangs do realise that Mafia operates at a much bigger scale than these so called gangs. Mafia - organized crime. Gangs - unorganized crime. Meaning that Mafia always has more connections, more powerful allies and so on. Mafia don't do petty crimes where as gangs do.

To put it simple:

Mafia > gangs

Cartel.

They had their opportunity with GTA V but wasted it. More cartel focus instead of being the FIB's bitch would have been better.

On Topic: I'm fine as long as its focused on real criminal organizations, just please not like V again

The Rockstar Gamer 108

My top choices are:

1. Working For A Rich and Powerful Man.

2. Nightlife.

3. Building Protagonist's Own Empire.

I have added a new choice.

I would be happy if someone helps me to make new choices...

Hey! Can anyone help me to make new choices?

Edited by DIze

Official General

I just hope its traditional GTA crime themes to do with organised crime, gangs, and the drug trade. I voted drug dealing here though.

Just please, no more bullsh*t corrupt government agent stuff.

Edited by Official General

Cheatz/Trickz

Personally I just want it to center on crime in general with a protagonist who isn't particulary interested in any of those "themes", but gets involved in them via the story. With those protagonists (Niko, Claude, CJ after LS), there's the chance to have a story that incorporates all or most of these elements.

Official General

Cartel.

They had their opportunity with GTA V but wasted it. More cartel focus instead of being the FIB's bitch would have been better.

On Topic: I'm fine as long as its focused on real criminal organizations, just please not like V again

Yep. The chance for a Drug Cartel theme has been pretty much missed with Rockstar's neglect of it in V. Its gone, they blew it.

I have always liked the Mafia theme, like we had in GTA IV.

I hope ppl voting for gangs do realise that Mafia operates at a much bigger scale than these so called gangs. Mafia - organized crime. Gangs - unorganized crime. Meaning that Mafia always has more connections, more powerful allies and so on. Mafia don't do petty crimes where as gangs do.

To put it simple:

Mafia > gangs

Zzzzzzzzzz

• Like 1

LarcenousUrsine

All of the elements. Protagonist could be working for gangs, then cartels, then mafias, building his own criminal empire with big connections in the meantime, from gang shot callers to government officials. The ultimate crime simulator, you know?

Just to bring back that "evolution" feel from SA. We stepped off as a gangster and walked off as a gang leader, entrepreneur, robber and a hitman. Multi-specialized criminal, so to say.

I don't mind corrupt government involvement, if it's done right, like you build connections, you make money with their help, organize heists, hits and wide-scale frauds. Get deep inside their sphere of work AND gain benefits. A favor for a favor. Not work for free just cause "ye, you f*cked up, Michael, now u gotta work to cleanse yourself from your sins, lol". And don't make the majority of the game connected solely with government.

Everything should be connected, every sphere should be important. Gangs, mafias, EVERYTHING. Not "yeah, let's make mercenaries important and forget about cartels and mafias" or stuff like this.

It would be hard to do, but interesting, I think.

• Like 2

Working for the corrupted government. It's the only trope that fits the current modern times.

Official General

All of the elements. Protagonist could be working for gangs, then cartels, then mafias, building his own criminal empire with big connections in the meantime, from gang shot callers to government officials. The ultimate crime simulator, you know?

Just to bring back that "evolution" feel from SA. We stepped off as a gangster and walked off as a gang leader, entrepreneur, robber and a hitman. Multi-specialized criminal, so to say.

I don't mind corrupt government involvement, if it's done right, like you build connections, you make money with their help, organize heists, hits and wide-scale frauds. Get deep inside their sphere of work AND gain benefits. A favor for a favor. Not work for free just cause "ye, you f*cked up, Michael, now u gotta work to cleanse yourself from your sins, lol". And don't make the majority of the game connected solely with government.

Everything should be connected, every sphere should be important. Gangs, mafias, EVERYTHING. Not "yeah, let's make mercenaries important and forget about cartels and mafias" or stuff like this.

It would be hard to do, but interesting, I think.

I can go along with that.

Voted Empire and Drug dealing.

Just want to see some grittiness and real authentic street crime.

• Like 5

The Rockstar Gamer 108

I have not added Working For Corrupt Govt Officers because it gets included in 'Working For A Rich And Powerful Man'.

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Many people like gang banging but I am tired of it. In GTA III Era (VCS, VC, SA, LCS, GTA III) there is nothing except gangbanging.

In VCS we have to kill The Cholos and Mendez Cartel.

In VC we have to kill Haitians and Prawn Island gangs mainly.

In SA, There is NOTHING except gangbanging. The hell ballas, Vagos, Aztecas, Rifa, Da Nang boys etc.

Unfortunately I haven't got GTA LCS. So no Comments.

In GTA III we have to eliminate Columbians, Yardies, Diablos, Leone Mafia, even Purple Nine Red Jacks etc.

I have really started hating these gangbanging things.

Voted Empire and Drug dealing.

Just want to see some grittiness and real authentic street crime.

Just like the good ol days in VCS with Victor Vance. Those were the good times. R* really went to sh*t with the elements of V.

OT: Voted for drugs and empires. Loved it in VCS and i still do.

Edited by GTA_The_Series
  • Like 2

Official General

Many people like gang banging but I am tired of it. In GTA III Era (VCS, VC, SA, LCS, GTA III) there is nothing except gangbanging.

In SA, There is NOTHING except gangbanging. The hell ballas, Vagos, Aztecas, Rifa, Da Nang boys etc.

In GTA III we have to eliminate Columbians, Yardies, Diablos, Leone Mafia, even Purple Nine Red Jacks etc.

You can always play The Sims you know. There are no gangs or mafias in it, it's just a simulator about sweet home and family life in the suburbs, very rosy and light-hearted stuff. Right up your street.

It don't seem that GTA is for you, I think you're lost on its concept.

Edited by Official General

Working for a rich and powerful man, followed by professional robbery. Working for a rich and powerful sociopathic boss who uses ulterior ways to gain money, fame and power gives the game many criminal-related missions.

The Rockstar Gamer 108

You can always play The Sims you know. There are no gangs or mafias in it, it's just a simulator about sweet home and family life in the suburbs, very rosy and light-hearted stuff. Right up your street.

It don't seem that GTA is for you, I think you're lost on its concept.

Simpler English.

Fuzzknuckles

As said before, I'd like to see a three-protag thing again, with each character having an independent story that overlaps with the others at key points, but isn't entirely connected like V's, so:

1. Dirty cop embroiled in corruption, under investigation from Internal Affairs, trying to put together his "retirement fund".

2. Car-thief/Mechanic who is trying to build up a business through criminal means, not looking to build an empire, but to start something that lets him escape the criminal life.

3. Jaded hooker with criminal ties who wants to escape her pimp and make a life of her own.

The connections each of these would have would form their own story arc and theme, with a similar cross over to IV's small overlaps. This would leave space for them to work together and against each other, and for different aims. While it's great that the three in V can all get together, that wouldn't be possible with these three, and they'd all have a unique and independent cast of supporting characters, but could be switched between at any time, allowing the player more room to enjoy a full story for each, and giving the player more room to inhabit the characters. This would also feature the option of selecting which character you start as, though there would be an opening cut-scene/mission with one (or more) of them featuring, as way of introduction.

As such, I think the themes would be closer to what we saw in III and IV, but not specifically the same.

Edited by Fuzzknuckles
  • Like 6

That ...

a three-protag thing [ ... ] , with each character having an independent story that overlaps with the others at key points, but isn't entirely connected [ ... ]

is what I expected when R* announced the system for "V"... :/

• Like 2

slimeball supreme

Drug manufacturing and peddling in modern day Atlanta. It'd go to the nitty gritty of cooking dope, hiding it, selling it, etc.

Plus Atlanta is such a great city for a GTA.

Edited by Mr. Fahrenheit
  • Like 3

The Dedito Gae

Mafia, although it would feel too similar to VC, i'll take a corrupt cop too.

• Like 2

The Rockstar Gamer 108

I have read in IGN that there are more chances that the city of GTA VI will be Vice City. Thats why I have put all the choices which suit to the environment of Vice City.

Fuzzknuckles

It's pretty obviously going to be VC next, it's the only city from the trinity that hasn't been covered in the HD world. Personally, I really think we're overdue a new city, even somewhere like Carcer would be a welcome change from the same old same old.

The thing about most criminal activity is that... surprise! ALL countries and cities in the "modern developed world" have crime, so really, the city is kind of moot. There's drug trade, arms trade and organised crime everywhere. The only thing that really matters is that they nail the specific atmosphere and ambience of the target city. While it's arguable that this wasn't perfectly achieved in V, they managed to do what they did in all previous games and gave us a really good interpretation of a real place.

I'm not really sure that modern day Miami is interesting enough for a revisit so I'm really hoping we see it in the past again.

But we won't, we'll get a tedious Vice City in the modern age.

The Rockstar Gamer 108

ALL countries and cities in the "modern developed world" have crime, so really, the city is kind of moot. There's drug trade, arms trade and organised crime everywhere

No. There is not organised crime everywhere.

USA is a GREAT Country. I always want to live a life in that place. But luck.....

Edited by DIze

Official General

It's pretty obviously going to be VC next, it's the only city from the trinity that hasn't been covered in the HD world. Personally, I really think we're overdue a new city, even somewhere like Carcer would be a welcome change from the same old same old.

The thing about most criminal activity is that... surprise! ALL countries and cities in the "modern developed world" have crime, so really, the city is kind of moot. There's drug trade, arms trade and organised crime everywhere. The only thing that really matters is that they nail the specific atmosphere and ambience of the target city. While it's arguable that this wasn't perfectly achieved in V, they managed to do what they did in all previous games and gave us a really good interpretation of a real place.

I'm not really sure that modern day Miami is interesting enough for a revisit so I'm really hoping we see it in the past again.

But we won't, we'll get a tedious Vice City in the modern age.

Trust me, modern Miami has got more than enough, a lot of crazy sh*t happens there everyday, it's just not highly publicised anymore.

• Like 1