2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Business Knowledge Base - Office Crates

CaliMeatWagon

You can't sell special itens in a bulk, only one at a time,

This is completely backwards. If you have rare items in the same warehouse you can only sell "all". If you have 3 then your only option is to sell all three at once (you can't sell 1 or any other amount).

However, there is no benefit like the normal "special crates" where more of them gives more-per-item; so unless you want to have a collection of all six items or you want to store them all and sit on them until they do another 50%-bonus event to earn more that way, then selling-as-you-get-them isn't a bad strategy.

I got the sixth item and the next week they did the 50 bonus, so I sold them all for $1,087,500. It was worth flying the Cuban in white-out snow conditions.

• Like 2

I have a small warehouse designated only for special items. I collect the regular crates to two large warehouses, and gather the special items when I get them to the maximum of 6 items. I sell them when I have all 6 items, so I only need to sell once. The selling mission is equally hard whether you sell 1 special item or 6, so you save time when selling in bulk.

Only thing I consider is the time needed to get a special item... Maybe you get special items more easily if you don't have any stored. If this assumption is correct, then my strategy might not be the best. Currently I have held 3 special items for ~100 regular crate pickups without getting the fourth...

Edited by Bolatsi

You can't sell special itens in a bulk, only one at a time,

This is completely backwards. If you have rare items in the same warehouse you can only sell "all". If you have 3 then your only option is to sell all three at once (you can't sell 1 or any other amount).

Yeah.. he kind of corrected himself on the previous page already. About two posts under that one.

I bought an office and started a company as a CEO. Ofcourse, I had to buy the largest warehouse in the hopes of filling it and making mad profits. But, the more I do them the more I learn. A Large Warehouse holds a maximum of 111 Crates, which, when full, can be sold for a solid 2.2 million dollars. How much of that is profit depends on how you buy them.

If you buy them 3 Crates at a time for $18,000 (6,000 per Crate) you will need to spend $666,000 to fill your warehouse.

If you buy them 2 Crates at a time for $ 8,000 (4,000 per Crate) you will need to spend $444,000 to fill your warehouse.

If you buy them 1 Crate at a time for $2,000 per Crate, you will need to spend $222,000 to fill your warehouse.

If any Crates are lost or destroyed you lose the money you used to buy them and will need to repurchase the Crates.

Once your warehouse is filled to maximum capacity, you can sell the cargo for $2,220,000 which is a nice profit of $1.5-$2Million! ((Assuming no crates have been lost/repurchased)) * if you're having to rebuy crates all the time you will lose out on profits

Unfortunately, you can only carry 1 Crate at a time (Unless you hire Associates to work for you, then you can carry up to 3.) This will determine how quickly you fill your warehouse and resell for profit. {I would recommend hiring at least one other person to help with cargo pick ups and cargo security}

Also, A Buzzard Attack Chopper makes crate pick up and drop offs just a bit faster so I would recommend using one. (You don't need to get out of the chopper to pick up cargo, land on top of the crate and you should be able to pick it up.)

Wassy

• Like 2

Wassy, the enthusiasm is appreciated and all but the information you added has been shared many times before already.

The update that added this activity was added over half a year ago.

Was going to post this in the locked thread

2 crates minimum, even alone. 3 crates if i have at least 2 members in my organization.

In theory, you should order 3 crates all the time. I use 2 as a compromise when working alone, because picking up 3 single crates gets tedious and i started to think that the game trolled me hard when i tried ordering 3 crates. Almost single crates only with the most annoying mission types used most of the time.

With 2 crates, it's a good compromise and the 20k VIP-Work in between finance 2 8k crate runs instead of only 1 18k buy mission. So i build my cash up a bit faster and have more money inbetween warehouse sales.

btw:

I recently had my first warehouse attack. happened after a rather long session with 70% stocked up. Not sure about the actual losses.

- iirc the chance of raid drastically increases with 100% stock. Is this correct? Is it a good practise to order the last crate right before the sale? I guess that raid was just unlucky, as a minor chance of beeing raided is always given by any stock amount.

- whats the benefit of collecting special items in one warehouse? Will they be stolen like regular crates on a raid (that'd be rather unfortunate)?

- afaik, collected special items can only be sold at once. Will the mechanics differ to normal sales missions or single special items regarding difficulty or recommended organization members? (do i need 1 member to sale 16 special items?)

Victory Viper

How can you trigger special item cargo more frequently? Do I need to succesfully complete 10 Special Cargo Missions or is random? i'm little confused.

How can you trigger special item cargo more frequently? Do I need to succesfully complete 10 Special Cargo Missions or is random? i'm little confused.

Seems random. Filled up two large warehouses each for over 60% during the bonus in december (so definitely more than 10 runs) and got two special items.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm kinda frustrated by the realization that the crates are not reasonably profitable for a lone wolf.

Importing a car, exporting a car & doing VIP work can generate a profit of 100K in less than 30 minutes & the crates missions can't give me that even if I have a slave (AKA an associate) during the missions.

I'm late to the party but my recommendation to crate-virgins is to buy a small crates warehouse purely in order to experience the crates feature (It's basically a miniature version of contact missions).

I'm kinda frustrated by the realization that the crates are not reasonably profitable for a lone wolf.

Importing a car, exporting a car & doing VIP work can generate a profit of 100K in less than 30 minutes & the crates missions can't give me that even if I have a slave (AKA an associate) during the missions.

This is not true at all. At least for me it wasn't the case.

* Do a 3 crate pickup (18k)

* Do Headhunter/ Hostile Takeover during the 5 minute cooldown. Headhunter gets preference.

* You can do 4 - 6 cycles of this per hour.

* 37 3-crate pickups will fill up a large warehouse in less than 7 hours.

Since you're doing VIP missions between each 3 crate pickup, it covers the initial 18k buy in.

Make a full warehouse sale.

It gives you 2.2 mil profit in 7 hours, which is 300k per hour. All this can be done solo.

The only negative factor against crates is that it feels so grindy.

Edit: Having a Buzzard Attack Helicopter is key here.

Edited by Faggio S
  • Like 3

Now I only fill my small warehouse, it takes me less than one hour. If you alternate crates/headhunter your expenditures are covered so you really earn 240k,735k or 2.2Mi depending your warehouse. I just like more variations regarding the missions, I'm bored to blow the same armored cars(using my Savage), to steal the same suit case to Merryweather or Altruists...etc

3 crates 18k

1 headhunter 22k

3 crates 18k

1 headhunter 22 k

etc...

• 1 month later...

Might be a bit late here, but recently I've been thinking of buying a small warehouse (currently only own 1 large) just to collect the special items and nothing else... Is that possible?

Or is it a case where when you recieve the phone call to get a special item, that it can only be put into the current warehouse you are filling up at that time?

whywontyoulisten

Might be a bit late here, but recently I've been thinking of buying a small warehouse (currently only own 1 large) just to collect the special items and nothing else... Is that possible?

Or is it a case where when you recieve the phone call to get a special item, that it can only be put into the current warehouse you are filling up at that time?

I did that; I have all 6 special items in my medium warehouse.

CaliMeatWagon

This is not true at all. At least for me it wasn't the case.

* Do a 3 crate pickup (18k)

* Do Headhunter/ Hostile Takeover during the 5 minute cooldown. Headhunter gets preference.

* You can do 4 - 6 cycles of this per hour.

* 37 3-crate pickups will fill up a large warehouse in less than 7 hours.

Since you're doing VIP missions between each 3 crate pickup, it covers the initial 18k buy in.

Make a full warehouse sale.

It gives you 2.2 mil profit in 7 hours, which is 300k per hour. All this can be done solo.

The only negative factor against crates is that it feels so grindy.

Edit: Having a Buzzard Attack Helicopter is key here.

I have to disagree with this. On paper it sounds wonderful, but the reality is quite a bit different.

Purchasing 3 crates at a time you have less than ~40% chance of it being in single vehicle. That means 3 out of 5 times you are going to be chasing 3 loose packages around the city. This drastically reduces your efficiency.

Where as with Import/Export (using the 32 car method) plus VIP jobs you can make you make a million every 3.5 hours. There is also lower risk of failure due to the sales being done individual.

• Like 2

Back when I did crates this is basically what your doing. How dare us pick up more than 1 crate at a time. Even though you pay $18,000 to buy crates that your going to steal. They technically should cost nothing since your stealing the crates anyway.

82Cbife.gif

I forgot who made this originally.

Edited by Xiled
  • Like 7

Awesome! Now i gotta try this for sure.

Is there a chance you can get doubles or even triples of the special items? Or do you just get all 6 different ones and then you get no further ones.

Also, is there a chance the warehouse can get raided even if it only has special items?

Pocket Fox

Back when I did crates this is basically what your doing. How dare us pick up more than 1 crate at a time. Even though you pay $18,000 to buy crates that your going to steal. They technically should cost nothing since your stealing the crates anyway.

82Cbife.gif

I forgot who made this originally.

I always thought of it THIS way.

I paid the money for my Assistant (Jenny Perkins) and SecuServ to source the crates for me and arrange deals/transactions. As well as laundering the money, maintaining a business front, administration fees and the like.

And that's all I have to say on that.

Purchasing 3 crates at a time you have less than ~40% chance of it being in single vehicle. That means 3 out of 5 times you are going to be chasing 3 loose packages around the city. This drastically reduces your efficiency.

No you're wrong with the numbers. When I do 37 3-crate pickups for a large warehouse, I always get 10,11, or 12 pickups where crates have to be picked up individually. The rest (25 - 27) pickups are always in a single vehicle.

That's 66% chance that the crates are in a single vehicle, and not less than 40.

Besides, I've only hit more than 7 hours very few times when filling a large warehouse. About 70% of the time, it's done in less than 7 hours (including sales).

For a lone wolf who knows what he's doing, crates will give better £/hr than I/E.

The above case, it's 300,000/hr for crates. The most efficient method to run crates solo will give you 355,000/hr (filling 2 large warehouses simultaneously).

What I/E has over crates is that it is less risky like you said, and doesn't feel like a colossal grind.

CaliMeatWagon

No you're wrong with the numbers. When I do 37 3-crate pickups for a large warehouse, I always get 10,11, or 12 pickups where crates have to be picked up individually. The rest (25 - 27) pickups are always in a single vehicle.

That's 66% chance that the crates are in a single vehicle, and not less than 40.

Besides, I've only hit more than 7 hours very few times when filling a large warehouse. About 70% of the time, it's done in less than 7 hours (including sales).

For a lone wolf who knows what he's doing, crates will give better £/hr than I/E.

The above case, it's 300,000/hr for crates. The most efficient method to run crates solo will give you 355,000/hr (filling 2 large warehouses simultaneously).

What I/E has over crates is that it is less risky like you said, and doesn't feel like a colossal grind.

Track you're next 100 steals then. Track the next 50. Your numbers are a lot more optimistic than realistic. If you tracked them, this you would see.

Track you're next 100 steals then. Track the next 50. Your numbers are a lot more optimistic than realistic. If you tracked them, this you would see.

I have 600+ collections between two characters, and about 550 of them are 3 crate collections, and I always count how many individual crate pickups I get. Out of 37, it's always 10 - 12. I stand by the 66% vans stat, when you do 3 crate collections.

CaliMeatWagon

I have 600+ collections between two characters, and about 550 of them are 3 crate collections, and I always count how many individual crate pickups I get. Out of 37, it's always 10 - 12. I stand by the 66% vans stat, when you do 3 crate collections.

Show me your log then. You said you count it each time. Let's see these numbers.

Show me your log then. You said you count it each time. Let's see these numbers.

I don't even have a log lol. Count as in, count in the head :D

whywontyoulisten

Also, is there a chance the warehouse can get raided even if it only has special items?

It's the same as any other warehouse: you can get raided if it's got something like 80%+ stock. I've got three warehouses so I don't touch the medium now I've got all the special items in there. I did get raided once while I was still using it, but they only took regular crates; I don't know if that was a coincidence.

It's the same as any other warehouse: you can get raided if it's got something like 80%+ stock. I've got three warehouses so I don't touch the medium now I've got all the special items in there. I did get raided once while I was still using it, but they only took regular crates; I don't know if that was a coincidence.

I see, thanks for the info! My journey to collect all the special items has begun.. I ujst wish we could have them in our offices as some of of trophy or something but oh well

• 4 weeks later...

PSJ is too boring. Grinding out crates w 1 friend has more variety & can earn you over $380k per hour (collecting 28 crates on avg per hr with a good friend, 3 at a time, selling a full L warehouse).

What is PSJ?

PSJ is too boring. Grinding out crates w 1 friend has more variety & can earn you over $380k per hour (collecting 28 crates on avg per hr with a good friend, 3 at a time, selling a full L warehouse).

What is PSJ?

Pacific Standard Job.

What is PSJ?

Pacific Standard Job.

Thanks. Always known it as a heist not a job.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't want to hijack the thread or anything so if someone could message me either details or a link that would be super fantastic.

I keep seeing the 10/10/12 method (or whatever it's called) when talking about the I/E stuff. What are the details of this?

I'm grinding out some crate missions to get the $$ to get into the car I/E world and would like to know the best way before losing a bunch of $$ doing it.

I know I need a warehouse & ideally a carbob as I will be doing most of it solo. Is there any real benefit to warehouse location also?

Thanks

Edited by SirBret

I don't want to hijack the thread or anything so if someone could message me either details or a link that would be super fantastic.

I keep seeing the 10/10/20 method when talking about the I/E stuff. What are the details of this?

I'm grinding out some crate missions to get the $$ to get into the car I/E world and would like to know the best way before losing a bunch of $$ doing it.

I know I need a warehouse & ideally a carbob as I will be doing most of it solo. Is there any real benefit to warehouse location also?

Thanks

Warehouse location tends to be preference only to most people. However, if you're hardcore at delivering with a cargobob I'd recommend the most expensive warehouse since it is a closer drop off as well as easier to deliver to.

Blasterman4EVER

Man... if you only buy one crate at a time, casually, whenever you have downtime, and you fill up your warehouse that way, the profits are enormous. That's usually how I roll.

I focus on the more profitable, quicker money like the coke and car exports and CEO jobs, and I toss in a one or two crate cargo pickup occasionally. Love it.