2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Business Knowledge Base - Office Crates

CaliMeatWagon

I've got one small warehouse and do everything myself. Profit coming in nicely now BUT, the 3 crate missions are a real ball ache unless they give you the simple tasks. The one where you have to destroy the boats at sea, then the helicopter, then collect all individually is impossible imo.

Deffo looking at buying another small warehouse on the other end of my map. Question though - when you have a crate, can you deliver it to EITHER warehouse or just the one you've started from?

The boat is not impossible at all to do solo, its actually very easy , use the Buzzard, blow up the boats, blow up the helicopter, and then collect the crates.

CaliMeatWagon

I've got one small warehouse and do everything myself. Profit coming in nicely now BUT, the 3 crate missions are a real ball ache unless they give you the simple tasks. The one where you have to destroy the boats at sea, then the helicopter, then collect all individually is impossible imo.

Deffo looking at buying another small warehouse on the other end of my map. Question though - when you have a crate, can you deliver it to EITHER warehouse or just the one you've started from?

The boat is not impossible at all to do solo, its actually very easy , use the Buzzard, blow up the boats, blow up the helicopter, and then collect the crates.

There are even a couple locations where you can snipe everybody out from the shore. Makes it easy-peasy.

One suggestion I would have though, is blow up the smaller boats first. The Marquis carries the crates and if that gets blown up first you can accidentally blow up the crates while trying to take out the other boats.

• Like 1

CaliMeatWagon

I've added to the list the potential dollar per hour if you were to alternate between Headhunter and Sightseer during the purchase cool down. Here is the "schedule" I put together:
13725100_556520677868346_668567260511592

Angelababy16

I buy crates in 3 and I work with 3 other people and an average time to deliver it is around 4 minutes.. We do it twice because I have 2 medium ware houses .. So after we do that we start the Headhunter job.. Then repeat the thing all over.. Is this a profit? o.o

You are either screwing around a lot or doing something terribly wrong. Also there's absolutely no reason to not do the disconnect exploit to repeat the finale. You'll inevitably get some bad luck and do the setups here and there anyway.

PSJ is really boring doing the same 6 missions. At least crates gives you a variety of ways to get them.

As opposed to the ENDLESS variety of schlepping crates around? Seriously? The only variety is which terrible vehicle you get to drive halfway around the map, or how far you need to fly back and forth from some remote location with 3 separate packages.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the grind either way, but there really are only half a dozen different scenarios for crate pickups either.

Not everybody is okay with cheating. And regardless of how you try to justify it, that is exactly what you are doing.

Who am I cheating? Out of what am I cheating them? Cheating R* out of shark card sales by helping newbs make in-game money fast? The in-game economy/inflation is absurd (due only to R* greed/cash cards) and they have had ample time to fix this particular exploit if they don't want us to do it. You can work smart or you can work hard. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Sounds like you're a little mad that you don't have a list of competent friends with whom to do it yourself. Of course what I do is bad, but when you do whatever it is you do to wind up in a session by yourself to mule crates around that's not "cheating" at all, right? Not like I care. I say use every mechanic you can to your advantage as long as it isn't at the expense of other players' fun.

I always park on shore, snipe hostiles on the boats (snipe enemy chopper if needed), free-aim a homing launcher to sink the boat then gather crates with buzzard. With a little practice you can pick up the boxes right out of the water in your chopper, if you start each crate activity with your pegasus spawned chopper you'll have no cooldown to get your CEO chopper if you get it destroyed.

The risk of doing it all from the air is that often your buzzard's missiles blow up your own crates and those aim-bot AIs can put a hurting on your chopper really quick leaving it sputtering and smoking. I can bang that one out typically before the timer starts. The one that gets me is having to chase down and stop an armored vehicle on the highway.

As far as different locations, you MUST select the warehouse before you get the pickup. So you cannot just order 3 packages and deliver them to wherever is closest. Also the locations you get for pickups vary depending on which warehouse you are attempting delivery. While you may see a lot of pickups right next to another warehouse right now, if you were using the warehouse closer to that you would NEVER see that pickup location. I learned this lesson the expensive way.

If you plan to buy more warehouses do a bit of playing around to make sure they have easy access for helicopters. Try to spawn your buzzard there a dozen times and see how many times it materializes in a tree or other obstacle. Doing things by air is critical to having any efficiency with this stuff so really scout that out before you buy.

Lastly, there's absolutely no reason to use small or medium warehouses. If you plan to do crate activities for the long haul, you leave a lot of money on the table selling any less than 111 at a time. There are some logical reasons to keep a small one, but for efficient moneymaking 2 large ones is optimum, 3 is even better in case you fill one before you're ready to sell and want to continue with no cooldown.

whywontyoulisten

Has anyone really looked into the crate locations across the city, and their relation to the location of the warehouses? I do get a slightly different selection of missions with my three (Vinewood, Vespucci, East Los Santos), but they still stretch from coast to coast; I was under the impression that they'd be more localised.

12thmanfirefighter

I have 5 warehouses 4 small 1 med, and i buy one at time with my crew of 3 no cool down just roate back and forth for every 3rd trip i start am HH so far i've cleared 7.8 mil

CaliMeatWagon

Has anyone really looked into the crate locations across the city, and their relation to the location of the warehouses? I do get a slightly different selection of missions with my three (Vinewood, Vespucci, East Los Santos), but they still stretch from coast to coast; I was under the impression that they'd be more localised.

The crate locations don't change based on warehouse location. All crate locations are in the city for the most part.

Lastly, there's absolutely no reason to use small or medium warehouses. If you plan to do crate activities for the long haul, you leave a lot of money on the table selling any less than 111 at a time. There are some logical reasons to keep a small one, but for efficient moneymaking 2 large ones is optimum, 3 is even better in case you fill one before you're ready to sell and want to continue with no cooldown.

This is untrue. Out of how long I've been doing this I have yet to have my small or medium warehouses robbed by NPC's. Only my large one has been robbed. And I've done plenty of research that shows that selling the crates at small amounts can still be hugely profitable.

So instead of stating what you believe to be fact, please be honest, and state it as an opinion. Because that is exactly what it is.

We Are Ninja

...The one where you have to destroy the boats at sea, then the helicopter, then collect all individually is impossible imo....

This. Take out the two smaller boats with one rocket each, THEN take out the Marquis. If you take out the Marquis first, you may destroy a crate taking out the smaller boats. You can pick up the crates by touching them with the helicopter skids. Sometimes a Buzzard shows up and attacks, sometimes it doesn't. Should you get shot down, you can call Merryweather for a boat pickup.

Edited by We Are Ninja

whywontyoulisten

This is untrue. Out of how long I've been doing this I have yet to have my small or medium warehouses robbed by NPC's. Only my large one has been robbed. And I've done plenty of research that shows that selling the crates at small amounts can still be hugely profitable.

So instead of stating what you believe to be fact, please be honest, and state it as an opinion. Because that is exactly what it is.

It's a fact that you get more per crate when you sell them in bulk, with the full large warehouse of 111 bringing the most. Selling smaller amounts/warehouses remains profitable, but whether it's worth the effort in the long run is...wait for it...your opinion.

Also, plenty of people have reported small/medium warehouses being raided.

Edited by whywontyoulisten

dairyworker

Lots of great info in this tread. My brain hurts a bit now though..... lol

2 at a time on a medium warehouse can yield 250k+ per hour in a solo pub session but the grinding is boring. It's why I'm not even playing anymore.

Great work there, thanks for sharing those info with us.

If you have a lot of patience, you'd obviously buy one by one, on a large warehouse. But, if you already have enough money (lets say, 5m), and you just want more, simply fill up 2 large warehouses with 3 crates packages. They are expensive, you spend about 1.2m, but it still boost your money.

I found that, it's better to work with 7 crates, purchasing one by one. You spend few time, to get few profit, BUT, you get it. Spending 14k to get 94k is definitely worth it, and you have money faster. Considering you do this on 2 warehouses, you can get almost 200k, and it is nice.

I like to sell my large warehouse once I hit 60 crates (or 1 million). I also buy 2 crates at a time because I loathe having to go back and forth to a location three times. This may not be the most profitable process but at 60 crates my average sale price is 18,250 a crate. I average 5 deliveries or 10 crates per hour pretty consistently using just one of my warehouses (the other is my rare package storage facility). I also like to add a bit of variety so I'll throw in Headhunter and Hostile takeover in during cool downs. I avoid Sightseer since it has a nasty habit of taking me all the way to the top of the map. The other two keep me in Los Santos and can be done in 5 minutes or less every single time. Here's my average payout based on my sale at 60 crates:

18,250 per crate at 10 crates per hour = 182,500
VIP mission payout on average for an hour with this process = 100k

Minus my 5 purchases of 8k crates = 40,000

Total hourly income on average = 242,500

Like I said, not the most profitable but I get variety, I'm never going back and forth three times for crates, I'm still exceeding 200k an hour and if I'm overly aggressive and want to constantly run crates between my warehouses there's room for more profit.

• Like 1

If your buzzard gets drowned on boat pickup, just use kill yourself. You will spawn on a speedophile nearby.

• Like 3

...The one where you have to destroy the boats at sea, then the helicopter, then collect all individually is impossible imo....

This. Take out the two smaller boats with one rocket each, THEN take out the Marquis. If you take out the Marquis first, you may destroy a crate taking out the smaller boats. You can pick up the crates by touching them with the helicopter skids. Sometimes a Buzzard shows up and attacks, sometimes it doesn't. Should you get shot down, you can call Merryweather for a boat pickup.

Right, DONT shoot Marquis first, the last two times I did this one, I had the Buzzard show up.

• 2 months later...

Hope I'm not awakening a sleeping giant here but I'm at a hair under $41m from crates, all solo except maybe 10 hours. I'm pretty sure I'll be done with them after a few more big sales, aka after Bikers has come out. I hope so, at least.

So the sell missions get harder when selling more crates too? Any data on the type of sell missions?

Looks like 45 and 50 are nice breaks but if the sell mission is too risky I'll probably do 20 or 10.

Shadowfennekin

If your buzzard gets drowned on boat pickup, just use kill yourself. You will spawn on a speedophile nearby.

Wait what? .... are you serious? I was calling Merryweather this whole time. lol KYSing myself will save a lot of time.

Wait what? .... are you serious? I was calling Merryweather this whole time. lol KYSing myself will save a lot of time.

I used to do that too, until I found out the other and quicker method myself a few weeks ago... :-)

Edited by Hellbendzor

• 3 weeks later...

I really don't know how you're getting the psj done in one hour. Takes my crew just shy of two hours.

During double dollar hiests we were doing humane labs in under an hour and pac in just over an hour. We weren't pros, no tricks, just practing for criminal mastermind really. Which we did the following week.

Smooth Longsack

I used tricks like killing myself to skip the deliver emp drive and i never could finish in an hour. I really only ever ran heists with the same crew. We absolutely crushed CMM... couldn't do psj in an hour. Hour and 15 min, sure. Never an hour.

• 2 months later...

Do the special items increase in value as well if you put them in the same warehouse? Or can you just spread them around if you want without losing potential profit on that? I was sticking them together recently but only got two at once and didn't bother to check if the individual sell prices matched up with the combined amount.

Do the special items increase in value as well if you put them in the same warehouse? Or can you just spread them around if you want without losing potential profit on that? I was sticking them together recently but only got two at once and didn't bother to check if the individual sell prices matched up with the combined amount.

You can't sell special itens in a bulk, only one at a time, so there's no point in hoarding them all in a warehouse and risk getting raided(all types of warehouses can be raided, remember that).

Rule of thumb for me is: Once I get a special item, I sell it right away.

You can't sell special itens in a bulk, only one at a time, so there's no point in hoarding them all in a warehouse and risk getting raided(all types of warehouses can be raided, remember that).

Okay. So just to be absolutely clear, you are saying that it is IMPOSSIBLE to sell more than one special item at once? Not two, not three or any number over that, only one at a time? Yes?

Okay. So just to be absolutely clear, you are saying that it is IMPOSSIBLE to sell more than one special item at once? Not two, not three or any number over that, only one at a time? Yes?

Sorry, I have to refrain from my earlier statement, yes it IS POSSIBLE to sell multiple special items at once, here is proof:

http://m.imgur.com/a/aLd92

It should be noted though that you DO NOT GET A INCREASE IN PROFIT for selling them in a bulk.

If you own a film reel(worth $90000) and a golden watch(worth $130000) and you sell them at the same time, you will get $220000, which is sum of both values I stated above.

But again, it's not worth the risk to hoard these itens in a warehouse because of the risk of being raided, it is still better to sell these itens ASAP and keep filling your warehouse with regular cargo.

So, it is possible to sell the itens at once, but it's not worth the risk since you won't get any extra profit from it.

• Like 3

So nice to see someone double check something and correct themselves. Very refreshing! Without that I would've been skeptical about your contribution to threads as I sold two special items at the same time from one of my warehouses during the event.

Anyway, question answered so that's good to know. I thought it would be too good to be true, getting more profit on those items after putting them in the same warehouse. And knowing that doesn't happen I'll instead spread them around so I can sell them, easily and quickly fill up the warehouses with regular crates for maximum payout and then sell those as well.

Appreciate the effort there, pedinhuh.

• Like 2

How much money will a small warehouse net me when filled?

Think I want to invest in one, but only if its going to be profitable. Also looking for some new work to do in between car sales.

Edited by BodyCounter

Think I want to invest in one, but only if its going to be profitable. Also looking for some new work to do in between car sales.

Small warehouse, 16 crates should be 240k.

EDIT: If you're patient you might want to go for a larger warehouse, the profit goes up slightly when you get even more crates. And the profit depends on how many crates you buy at once, which ofcourse affects the actual mission time.

Edited by BlackMilk

Difficult to be profitable with the small warehouses as you get paid more-per-crate the more crates you sell at once and the Small warehouse's limit is just 16.

Selling 16 crates at once (successfully, of course) earns $240,000 (plus bonuses for players in the lobby, etc.)

Small warehouses cost $250,000-$400,000, so the first time you fill it, you're still in a net-loss, not counting what it cost you to buy those crates.

Selling 42 crates at once earns $735,000 (plus bonuses for players in the lobby, etc.)

Medium warehouses cost $880,000-$1,017,000.

Selling 111 crates at once earns $2,220,000 (plus bonuses for players in the lobby, etc.)

Large warehouses cost $1,90,000-$3,500,000, so the cheapest two large warehouses are actually profitable the first time you fill and sell it.