2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Business Knowledge Base - Office Crates

CaliMeatWagon

Here I finished the google spreadsheet of crates and the profit you make per crate. Still needs the price and sell price for the rest of the special items.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AM6x9ZXhHS0w12lm0VMSuq-g7Wozu5Ys_EenZCdx3Ac/edit?usp=sharing

You're stating that an average buying job is 12 minutes?

Smooth Longsack

Here is the most profitable scheme. Do this with two large warehouses to bypass mission cooldown and maximize profit over time:

111 crates to fill warehouse.

111/3 (crates per pickup mission)= 37 missions.

37 x $18,000 (price per three crate mission) = $666,000 total money spent to fill a warehouse.

$2,220,000 sale price on full warehouse

$2,220,000-$666,000= $1,554,000 total profit.

$1,554,000/37 (missions)=$42,000 average profit per 3-crate mission.

• Like 3

No someone else worked on this first never really tested the average time. I will say with 2 warehouses by myself I could get 16 crates in an hour.

No someone else worked on this first never really tested the average time. I will say with 2 warehouses by myself I could get 16 crates in an hour.

I could see that.

I can average 12 two-crate purchases and 6 VIP missions in two hours or about 7-9 two-crate purchases in an hour with no VIP work

Brutal Trout

So if I understand you correctly Cali. your trying to weigh how much time you put in for how much money you get paid to determine how many crates it's worth to have before you sell right?

Well im on board. I dont have enough time in the day to grind anymore (took me 5-6 days to fill a large warehouse)

Yep. That and I had a bunch of questions that could only be answered this way. Like how is the pay increase per crate implemented. Is it a percentage? A series of stepped increases? Is the increases linear? So far I have those questions answered at least up to 42 crates.

I haven't been through the all thread yet so maybe this has been answered already, but here is my finding working with single crate deliveries and a medium warehouse :

- 1st delivery gets you a ratio of 4 (you invest 2000, your wharehouse gets a value of 10 000, this gives you a net benefit of 8 000, and ratio of 4 (8000/2000)

- 2nd delivery = ratio of 5

- 3rd delivery ratio = 6

and that's where it gets interesting :

after every serie of 4 deliveries completed, you will get a crate with a much bigger ratio.

for exemple, after 4 deliveries with a ratio of 6 you're gonna get a crate with a 9.5 ratio

then your ratio for the next 4 deliveries is gonna raise to 6.25 and you will get a crate with a ratio of 10

etc... until you reach a ratio of 7.5 for your last to crates (41 and 42) and a final special ratio of 17.5 on you 40es crate.

hope this is clear enough.

• Like 2

So if I understand you correctly Cali. your trying to weigh how much time you put in for how much money you get paid to determine how many crates it's worth to have before you sell right?

Well im on board. I dont have enough time in the day to grind anymore (took me 5-6 days to fill a large warehouse)

Yep. That and I had a bunch of questions that could only be answered this way. Like how is the pay increase per crate implemented. Is it a percentage? A series of stepped increases? Is the increases linear? So far I have those questions answered at least up to 42 crates.

I haven't been through the all thread yet so maybe this has been answered already, but here is my finding working with single crate deliveries and a medium warehouse :

- 1st delivery gets you a ratio of 4 (you invest 2000, your wharehouse gets a value of 10 000, this gives you a net benefit of 8 000, and ratio of 4 (8000/2000)

- 2nd delivery = ratio of 5

- 3rd delivery ratio = 6

and that's where it gets interesting :

after every serie of 4 deliveries completed, you will get a crate with a much bigger ratio.

for exemple, after 4 deliveries with a ratio of 6 you're gonna get a crate with a 9.5 ratio

then your ratio for the next 4 deliveries is gonna raise to 6.25 and you will get a crate with a ratio of 10

etc... until you reach a ratio of 7.5 for your last to crates (41 and 42) and a final special ratio of 17.5 on you 40es crate.

hope this is clear enough.

You're discovering in a different way that the selling price, per-crate, increases with volume.

In a large warehouse, the 111th crate makes them all $20,000 each, for a ratio of 10:1 for single-crate sales price (or 5:1 for doubles or 10:3 for triples)

Giantsgiants

Buying 3 at a time is the way to go if you want to fill your large warehouse fast. Just do Sightseer or Headhunter during the cooldown to get your money back.

• Like 1

Schafter S500

My method is only selling 22 at a time. It's the last selling option in a large warehouse and the middle option in the medium. I also buy 3 at a time to expedite the process. That's 7 trips of 3 crates and 1 trip of 1 crate. It costs 128K to fill and you sell the 22 crates for 341K with a profit of 209K. That means you can make 209K for every 8 crate trips. The per crate value is about $15,500. The value per crate caps at about $17,500. So the question is, do you want to waste time filling and selling a whole warehouse to make an extra 2K per crate or would you rather take the 2K loss and grind selling 22 at a time quickly? Your making a little over 200K by only doing 8 missions + the sell mission. And another thing, after the warehouse drop, do a hostile takeover at LSIA with your Buzzard. I do it in 4 minutes or less. It pays the majority cost of the next crate run.

• Like 1

Interesting approach and nice job getting your answers. Job well done. Can we see an updated linear chart?

Now that you have your answers (and have an estimate for time) have you considered further breaking this info down to show a comparison for the original data adding in soloable VIP jobs like headhunter/sightseer during the cooldowns against having multiple warehouses and no cooldowns?

• Like 1

7 crate buys per hour is normal average when solo and doing 3 at a time. I only sell when both warehouses are full. So 42k x 7 per hour profit (294k). It's actually a bit better than 300k with special items counted.

Edited by elfoam
  • Like 1

Smooth Longsack

7 crate buys per hour is normal average when solo and doing 3 at a time. I only sell when both warehouses are full. So 42k x 7 per hour profit (294k).

That sounds about right. I use the Lombank office and the large Vinewood hills and darnell bros. Warehouses. I'll heist warp to del perro when quick transport back to the office isn't available. You can make a bit more when the missions "roll" in you favor. I'm making so much on these crates that paying the $3k for a rooftop buzzard, on occasion, doesn't make me whinge at all.

By our estimates, I'm calling these crates a better way to make cash than running the psj with setups... and solo-able. Approximately $600k every two hours is better than the ~$450k you get in the psj in the two hours it takes to run that legit. People don't seem to want to hear this news lol.

Edited by Smooth Longsack

rodrich266

^ agreed! This is by far the best solo method to get money and unless you glitch the finale, the best method to get money fast with a group of people as well.

• Like 1

So I updated the first hour average by doing it by myself and having 2 warehouses to remove the cooldown to buy crate. If you have done a bunch of 3 at a time by your self let me know what your average is so I can edit it.

12 crates = $174,000 12 purchases cost $24,000 1 at a time - $150,000 profit per hour

20 crates = $310,000 10 purchases cost $80,000 2 at a time - $230,000 profit per hour

27 crates = $432,000 9 purchases cost $162,000 3 at a time - $270,000 profit per hour and 3 minutes

This only shows the first hour BY YOURSELF and the difference between them will be greater as more time is spent https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Edited by Xiled

If you do Pacific Standard Heist and the leader takes 55% each person would get $292,500 per hour and the leader gets $587,000

If you do Pacific Standard Heist and the leader takes 40% each person would get $354,000 per hour and the leader gets $400,000

So it seems the Pacific Standard Heist is faster to make money than CEO Crates if you do CEO Crates by yourself.

CEO Crates is just about the same as the Pacific Standard Heist if you do them with at least 2 other people - The CEO gets most of the money for the time spent though :(

There is only 3 people required for CEO Crates to get the most for the host in an hour :)

You as the CEO will get $369,000 per hour with 3 crates with 2 extra people averaging the same amount of time to collect as 1 crate by itself.

So if CEO Crates, the CEO Leader gets $396,000 and each person gets $82,000

1 hour of heist---------------------------------$400,000 for host and each person gets $354,000

The 2nd hour CEO Leader gets $648,000 and each person gets $120,000

If you do 2 hours of heists ----------------- $800,000 for host and each person gets $708,000

Heists are perfectly fair for 4 people.

CEO Crates is only fair for the CEO and associates get kind of used as minions. lol

ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT MY ^NUMBERS^ JUST SEND ME A PM. :)

I WILL BE FINISHING THE AVERAGES FOR THE SPREADSHEET SOON! :)

Edited by Xiled

Smooth Longsack

I really don't know how you're getting the psj done in one hour. Takes my crew just shy of two hours.

mmm chocolate

been doing my own comparisons, as for time vs profit... 2 crates at a time is the best way to go.

there's a reason they only give three options. with the middle option usually being the best.

CarimboHanky

I really don't know how you're getting the psj done in one hour. Takes my crew just shy of two hours.

2 hours?!! damn you guys gotta be doing something wrong haha

when i used to play the heist with my crew, unless there were some network errors, we cleared everything on 1:15-1:20.

• Like 2

PSJ is too boring. Grinding out crates w 1 friend has more variety & can earn you over $380k per hour (collecting 28 crates on avg per hr with a good friend, 3 at a time, selling a full L warehouse).

PSJ is really boring doing the same 6 missions. At least crates gives you a variety of ways to get them.

I blew up 12 crates in one session last night , with a buzzard. 24K profit?. :)

Edited by PANiC ATTACK3R

Note to the above poster, please stop being a jackass. Also, I'm nearly at $21m now. I've been on a bender.

Note to the above poster, please stop being a jackass. Also, I'm nearly at $21m now. I've been on a bender.

The thread says CEO Crate profit, i am on topic thank you

• 2 weeks later...
CaliMeatWagon

Sorry about the delay, but the sheet is complete now all the way up to 111 crates. Next thing to do is finish the "Unique" crate list.

Sorry about the delay, but the sheet is complete now all the way up to 111 crates. Next thing to do is finish the "Unique" crate list.

Thanks a bunch for breaking this down for the community! Much appreciated

• Like 1

potato_hater

Woah this is pretty good

So its basically worth it to buy 3 crates at a time if you have an associate or a friend

My method is only selling 22 at a time. It's the last selling option in a large warehouse and the middle option in the medium. I also buy 3 at a time to expedite the process. That's 7 trips of 3 crates and 1 trip of 1 crate. It costs 128K to fill and you sell the 22 crates for 341K with a profit of 209K. That means you can make 209K for every 8 crate trips. The per crate value is about $15,500. The value per crate caps at about $17,500. So the question is, do you want to waste time filling and selling a whole warehouse to make an extra 2K per crate or would you rather take the 2K loss and grind selling 22 at a time quickly? Your making a little over 200K by only doing 8 missions + the sell mission. And another thing, after the warehouse drop, do a hostile takeover at LSIA with your Buzzard. I do it in 4 minutes or less. It pays the majority cost of the next crate run.

This is actually a good tactic. I mean you don't get any benefits to selling them all at one shot do you?

You are either screwing around a lot or doing something terribly wrong. Also there's absolutely no reason to not do the disconnect exploit to repeat the finale. You'll inevitably get some bad luck and do the setups here and there anyway.

PSJ is really boring doing the same 6 missions. At least crates gives you a variety of ways to get them.

As opposed to the ENDLESS variety of schlepping crates around? Seriously? The only variety is which terrible vehicle you get to drive halfway around the map, or how far you need to fly back and forth from some remote location with 3 separate packages.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the grind either way, but there really are only half a dozen different scenarios for crate pickups either.

CaliMeatWagon

Here I finished the google spreadsheet of crates and the profit you make per crate. Still needs the price and sell price for the rest of the special items.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AM6x9ZXhHS0w12lm0VMSuq-g7Wozu5Ys_EenZCdx3Ac/edit?usp=sharing

You're stating that an average buying job is 12 minutes?

No, he copied my chart in the attempt to complete, or whatever he was trying to do. The time of 12 minutes is based on the average completion time determined by the community here plus the 5 minute cool down. I want to keep this as simple as possible which means excluding as many variables as possible.

Interesting approach and nice job getting your answers. Job well done. Can we see an updated linear chart?

Now that you have your answers (and have an estimate for time) have you considered further breaking this info down to show a comparison for the original data adding in soloable VIP jobs like headhunter/sightseer during the cooldowns against having multiple warehouses and no cooldowns?

I have been thinking about it. More than likely I would use Sightseer as the VIP Work used in the math. I was thinking of figuring it like this: 7 minutes for deliver, 7 minutes for VIP, or roughly 4 delivers and 4 Sightseer runs an hour. This would be an average time, not the fastest/slowest possible. Just like the entire chart. Just an idea of the average money to be made.

Thanks a bunch for breaking this down for the community! Much appreciated

No problem, I was really curious myself as to how the numbers would look.

You are either screwing around a lot or doing something terribly wrong. Also there's absolutely no reason to not do the disconnect exploit to repeat the finale. You'll inevitably get some bad luck and do the setups here and there anyway.

As opposed to the ENDLESS variety of schlepping crates around? Seriously? The only variety is which terrible vehicle you get to drive halfway around the map, or how far you need to fly back and forth from some remote location with 3 separate packages.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the grind either way, but there really are only half a dozen different scenarios for crate pickups either.

Not everybody is okay with cheating. And regardless of how you try to justify it, that is exactly what you are doing.

I've got one small warehouse and do everything myself. Profit coming in nicely now BUT, the 3 crate missions are a real ball ache unless they give you the simple tasks. The one where you have to destroy the boats at sea, then the helicopter, then collect all individually is impossible imo.

Deffo looking at buying another small warehouse on the other end of my map. Question though - when you have a crate, can you deliver it to EITHER warehouse or just the one you've started from?

I've got one small warehouse and do everything myself. Profit coming in nicely now BUT, the 3 crate missions are a real ball ache unless they give you the simple tasks. The one where you have to destroy the boats at sea, then the helicopter, then collect all individually is impossible imo.

Deffo looking at buying another small warehouse on the other end of my map. Question though - when you have a crate, can you deliver it to EITHER warehouse or just the one you've started from?

The one you've started from.

The one you've started from.

Cheers pal 👍