1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Office/CEO purchase: worth it?

HodagPride

So I haven't played the game for a bit, and am sitting at around $1.2 million in funds right now. What I'm wondering is, do the CEO missions provide enough in payouts to make the investment worth it?

Looks like I can purchase the cheapest office for $1 million, then will have some other up front costs for each mission. If I do the CEO missions solo, would I be able to make my money back in a relatively short amount of time?

Please let me know if my facts are wrong or if I'm missing something important...

Being honest, it is pretty cool having an office because it is sort of a glorified apartment like the yachts. BUT I would say it isn't worth it, the grind to make that money back from the cargo missions and selling the crates just takes a while. So to even make that money back spent on the office and warehouse(s) it will take a while.

You get out what you put in. I think it was 100% worth it not only because of the money potential, but the additional content that will provide many hours of fun. You're just going to have to put some time in to make that money back.

Re-Dragon-Cro

It surely is worth for the unlimited VIP(now CEO) status since you can turn it on and of whenever you want to unlike regular VIP which requires 1mill. minimum cash to activate and lasts for 4h which is followed by a cooldown of 12h.

VIP jobs + contact mission combo is currently still the best way to make money(solo aswell) so in a good day of playing these you can make over 500k easily.

However doing CEO jobs isn't recomended to do solo due it being public session only and some sell deals require more than 1 person to do them effectively.

Edited by Re-Dragon-Cro

What is the actual up front cost to get up and running? I feel like the office purchase for $1 million isn't the only thing I'll need to buy... isn't there a warehouse I need, plus I need to buy the inventory as well?

Yes you need a warehouse I don't know the cheapest price though,

Crates are from (2000 for 1,6000 for 2, 18000 for 3)

Also you have to be on public lobby

Edited by deadx23

Money-wise, not worth it. You can make more doing several other things in the game.

Content-wise, definitely worth it. But expect to either have to game the system to find yourself in quiet enough lobbies that you can get work done, or live with occasional catastrophic losses because they didn't really think through (or honestly don't care about) the frustration of losing huge amounts of money/cargo in public free roam.

I suspect this update would work best for the extraordinarily wealthy, who had $50 million+ before the update and still have at least half of that now. The less money matters to you, the more you'd probably enjoy this. If you're expecting to get rich, better cross your fingers for an update to the update.

• Like 3

bloatedsack

So I haven't played the game for a bit, and am sitting at around $1.2 million in funds right now. What I'm wondering is, do the CEO missions provide enough in payouts to make the investment worth it?

Looks like I can purchase the cheapest office for $1 million, then will have some other up front costs for each mission. If I do the CEO missions solo, would I be able to make my money back in a relatively short amount of time?

Please let me know if my facts are wrong or if I'm missing something important...

An office is alot like a yacht, it offers you some unique new missions and you can increase your bankroll through doing so.

However, you can make more money through lots of other means, so the question is are you bored with the content we had before F&F:

Yes? Then an office makes a difference. Buy a 1MM office (spend extra for the weapon locker, it's 100% worth it) and a medium warehouse will let you get started nicely.

No? Then why not enjoy the other stuff you missed, earn cash while playing it, do CEO Org associate work to enjoy the missions and when you get bored of that go for the office?

Opinions will vary wildly, though. Except plenty of whiners to scream about how this update sucks, and expect them to drown out the supporters through their vociferous arguing. It's not that they're entirely wrong (it is expensive, and it is a bit arduous to do) but they simply aren't capable of enjoying the game as it's presented, they all just have a different vision of what GTAO should be.

Edited by gfen

Re-Dragon-Cro

What is the actual up front cost to get up and running? I feel like the office purchase for $1 million isn't the only thing I'll need to buy... isn't there a warehouse I need, plus I need to buy the inventory as well?

With the office come some customization options and upgrades but those can be added on and changed afterwards, not sure with warehouses myself but the small one I bought was like 400k, there are probably some cheaper but haven't checked(you can own up to 5 warehouses)

However I wouldn't bother with warehouses yet considering how CEO stuff isn't worth the while due its limitation to public sessions only( unless you manage to get into and empty one) and the low payout compared to the combo I mentioned in my previous post being more efficient for making money.

Sort of. It depends on how much you actually play this game, specifically VIP. If you feel the 4hrs is more than enough time and the 12hr cooldown doesn't effect you, then no it is not worth it. If you play a lot and find yourself going over that, then yes it is worth it as there's no limit on how much you can be VIP when you're CEO. However, do NOT purchase a warehouse. Wait to see if R* is going to patch out being able to do those missions in a session by yourself. If they don't patch it out in a few weeks, go for it. If they do, then absolutely do not.

Content-wise, the office is pretty nice. Plus you can get your personal assistant to bring any car from any of your garages out front of the office, as well as being able to take off from the top of the office (for $1-4k each time) with a helicopter you own from pegasus. In addition, you can get picked up in a luxury helicopter from most places for 5k, so you can enjoy champagne while flying rather than just sitting there with merryweather. Just expect to be nickel and dimed for everything you do.

• Like 1

You will need more than 1.2 million my dude

Non Funkable Token

Is worth it, even if you won't participate in crate trafficking. You can do vip missions whenever you want, no timer, nor cooldowns, along with other minor features. Sure the cheaper office is still expensive (1m), but unless you have 1 or 2 garages to fill with expensive cars, you don't have much remaining stuff to spend your money.

• Like 1

Long term investment wise yes.

If you plan on making all your money back within a few days then no.

It was totally worth it to me

• Like 2

Sky_Light12

benefits :

~ in place of garage exit , helipad take over this role however , giving the use advantage of avoiding traps on main entrance . on top of that , the owner either has to jump off ( parachutes spawned on office's rooftop ) or order a helicopter , which immediately takes the owner to the ordered helicopter and fly off from the helicopter

~ free snacks

~ able to store your rare-weapon collection ( excluding like golf club ) if you don't want to drop them

~ unlike apartments and yacht , this building also allows you play game " don't cross the line " , so you can play while you're playing

~ with added accomodation , this building support 2 bathroom

~ usable meeting table and chairs : 6 of them allows the person can facing left , front and right while the 7th has unique sitting animation

• Like 2

Dr WGA Labriskagni

I think you can't carry three crates single handedly...

CrazyFerret

You will need more than 1.2 million my dude

Yea that 1mil is just the cost of using the building.

The Office inside the building however is not yet furnished, nor has a Staff...

You have spend at least another 1 - 2 mil per Office, to furnish, accessorize and hire a Secretary; and then on top of that you have to go out and BUY your warehouses, and once you have those you then have to go BUY your crates (stock) which you then spend all your time racing around and collecting (you can only collect 1 crate at a time) and stock them into your warehouse, and only after its full , then you sell them all for a higher price and spend time delivering them.

...and you can ONLY do all this in a Public Lobby, and pray the Lazer Boys don't chase you down and blow up your crates.

If you can get yourself in a lobby by yourself , then yes, its worth it

If you start small and cheap, with the million dollar office and no extra's and the on the small warehouse's, it wont take that long to break even.

My goal is to make my money back before I do anything else like buy another warehouse or make upgrades to my office.

PS-GTAIVplayer

Grinding bog standard contract missions solo is one of the best ways to make money without the effort of looking after random tards in heists. This is enjoyable above all. That's why I got the office.

However doing CEO jobs isn't recomended to do solo due it being public session only and some sell deals require more than 1 person to do them effectively.

Not True.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/857211-ceo-as-a-lone-wolf/

Doing it solo is reportedly easier then many first thought; it just takes more time and effort.

Most of the people on that thread didnt understand OPs scenario. Its obvious a lot of those posters had never even done air deliveries before. There is at least 1 job you do delivering packages where 2-3 buzzards chase you down. There guns alone are enough to tear apart your armored plane before you reach the last marker. I've only done that one once and failed it solo. I hope i get it again soon so i can try other stuff as well or see if i missed some way to evade/destroy them.

I had $2.1 million. I bought a office for $1 mil and a warehouse for $318,000. A friend and I did 4 cargo collections the first night I became a CEO and successfully delivered 3 of them in a full session. Yesterday I started to do it solo but the first two times it got destroyed by other players who then went into passive mode. Then a couple of my friends got on and I invited them into my organization. We then successfully delivered about two more shipments before we did some heists. My warehouse had 10/16 crates. After we finished heists and my friends moved on to different games, I got into a public session by myself and filled my warehouse up. The value of my goods was $240,000. I sold half for around $120,000.

I've had a good time with it so far. But some tweaks are definitely needed. Also, my friends and I had way too much fun playing the Don't Cross The Line video game in the office.

Very worth it. Everyone complains about the money grind before the update. Well now we have a new grind. This update. But it's actually fun, solo or with 3 friends. I made $911,000 off of a full medium warehouse. Half of of it was me filling it solo. So yeah the CEO office and warehouse purchase is worth it. Buuuuut, if you don't enjoy grinding. Just stop playing GTA. (Not attacking you. Just putting it out there since I'm tired of seeing people complain about the grind.)

An office is alot like a yacht, it offers you some unique new missions and you can increase your bankroll through doing so.

However, you can make more money through lots of other means, so the question is are you bored with the content we had before F&F:

Yes? Then an office makes a difference. Buy a 1MM office (spend extra for the weapon locker, it's 100% worth it) and a medium warehouse will let you get started nicely.

No? Then why not enjoy the other stuff you missed, earn cash while playing it, do CEO Org associate work to enjoy the missions and when you get bored of that go for the office?

Opinions will vary wildly, though. Except plenty of whiners to scream about how this update sucks, and expect them to drown out the supporters through their vociferous arguing. It's not that they're entirely wrong (it is expensive, and it is a bit arduous to do) but they simply aren't capable of enjoying the game as it's presented, they all just have a different vision of what GTAO should be.

^ Good answer.

I get a kick out of some of the less tangible things, such as being able to swivel back and forth in an office chair, and being able to cycle through three poses while seated during a meeting. Both in real life and GTAO. It would be a bit more realistic if the Executive Assistant would scramble to Alt-Tab off of Facebook whenever I walk by.

Before heading out to gather crates, a good team building exercise for the organisation is a friendly game of Don't Cross The Line. The office is also stocked with a large variety of beverages. I like to do an office-crawl, and visit each drinking station, also good for team spirit.

If you enjoy the feeling of your balls crawling up into your stomach, making a high-value delivery during a public session may be your thing.

The Chosen Undead

I've had a great time doing the actual buy and sell missions, and I really enjoy the variety/RNG sort of aspect to it all. It's a nice change from always knowing exactly whats going to happen in just about every other PVE mission, or heist or whatever else. But I haven't really made much money from it. I know that people are reporting the payouts going up here and there for balance reasons, but It doesn't seem very lucrative as a CEO either way. I haven't done the CEO work myself, but I would be cool if you could raise your companies net worth over time and sell it eventually. You would then have to start back a square one (maybe with some new perks to motivate climbing back up again), but the amount from the sale would be rather large. Once again, I haven't done actual CEO work yet, so i'm unaware if there's a system similar to this already in place.

It's worth it if you manage to get yourself into an empty public lobby every time you play.

Buy max product, run sightseer, max product, sightseer. You don't lose anything at all this way with investment, the max product deal is $18k. I have a small warehouse that 16 crates sells around $240k

5 max product deals & a 1 product deal.

Takes about an hour 15 minutes give or take,and you've made about 260-275k overall, or something around that.

Can I get more than that replaying heists? Yes, but I've only had the ability to do that for 4 hours in the last 3 months due to a handful of reasons. Plus it's too repetitive, with this you're at least going to different locations and encountering different obstacles every time.

If you spend the bare minimum on an office & warehouse, it's possible to make that back in a few days, or 1 day depending on your play.

Is it worth it? Yes. Every penny. I'm enjoying the game again which at times is hard to. But like I said, you need to be able to get yourself alone in a public lobby, I just find a new session until I can get in a 1-3 player session and then I begin the CEO work. Takes about 10 minutes on Xbox 1.

CrazyFerret

Not True.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/857211-ceo-as-a-lone-wolf/

Doing it solo is reportedly easier then many first thought; it just takes more time and effort.

Most of the people on that thread didnt understand OPs scenario. Its obvious a lot of those posters had never even done air deliveries before. There is at least 1 job you do delivering packages where 2-3 buzzards chase you down. There guns alone are enough to tear apart your armored plane before you reach the last marker. I've only done that one once and failed it solo. I hope i get it again soon so i can try other stuff as well or see if i missed some way to evade/destroy them.

Uh, yea, those Buzzard's have been discussed in other 'solo' threads...

Apparently they have either NOT appeared... or just gave up the chase when they have appeared; amd some posts floating around where people have claimed to have just shot them down and flown on...

I encountered a buzzard doing a delivery deal in the tugboat, it didn't even shoot at me. Not once. I blew it up with a rocket and kept boating along, kinda wondered if it was an enemy or an NPC protection for my Organization...

Conceptually the update is pretty cool. Sure you're essentially just a mule for your own cargo, but whatever.

The biggest issue is jets, and the fact that this update seemed to ignore their existence. (And I say this as a jet user). The CEO takes on a ton of risk and debt with the hopes of making a profit and growing their organization. That sounds great, the problem is you basically have to be in an empty lobby because other players will ruin your crate missions, which they are alerted to and told to destroy.

So, after dumping up to 4M on an office, and at least 1M on a warehouse and 10-15k on cargo... you get nothing after a single jet strafe stops your mission. Then you wait the cooldown time... and do it again.

I don't think anything should happen to the jets. They have always been powerful in every GTA game. This new update should simply be implemented differently because what we essentially have are open world mini heists with an absurd start-up cost. Imagine if Pac. Standard was an open world event, and everyone in the lobby was told to go destroy your raft. That's what this update is.

Edited by Setzaroth

CarimboHanky

if thats all your capital, then its not worth it as you wont have money to buy a warehouse or items to fill the warehouse so you can make a profit.

so in your case OP, it wont be worth it.