1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Selling cargo solo.

OptiCog

I was about to start up a mission to sell off my cargo (16 crates) and got a message saying that there may be multiple vehicles and I may need another person with me. How often are you able to solo selling merchandise?

I had this yesterday after filling a warehouse - I thought I was going to get a nice lump of cash in my account and forgot I had to distribute the goods myself afterwards :D

I'm planning on selling off smaller shipments so there's less risk but haven't attempted it yet. So in addition to the original question from aLucidMind (which I'd like to know too), does anyone know if 'selling safe' actually turns a profit?

I think it is random. I have unloaded my medium warehouse twice now, one time its was just one titan and another it was 3 birckades that needed to be taken to the drop off.

The more you try to sell at a time the more associates you will need. You can only sell small amounts solo.

• Like 2

I sold a full medium warehouse solo. it was in three trucks so I had to make three trips to the drop off. took about 20 minutes to do

• Like 3

I think it is random. I have unloaded my medium warehouse twice now, one time its was just one titan and another it was 3 birckades that needed to be taken to the drop off.

Some people have said when you get Titan delivery there will be 2 Froggers full of AI who tear you apart, did you encounter this playing solo?

Whenever I try to sell large shipments it tells me I need more associates.

theEwing1979

It advises you to hire associates but it's not mandatory. I did my first medium sized sale (55 crates) with a friend helping me last night. There was only me and my friend in the session and we had to use the Titan to make 10 air drops. He followed in a Buzzard while I flew the Titan. Expected npc sh*t heads to chase us down and f*ck with us..... Nothing. Nothing at all. Made all ten drops, no interference. I guess I was just lucky.

ZombieBatman

I did my big sale the other night with a friend in tow flying the buzzard, had to make 20 air drops in just over 20 minutes. Funny thing is when I got to 10 I had to fly back and swap planes and finish the other 10. Didnt come across any npc's trying to shoot me outta the sky, unlike earlier when I had the entire air force after me for about 6 crates =\

TiberiusMcQueen

I had this yesterday after filling a warehouse - I thought I was going to get a nice lump of cash in my account and forgot I had to distribute the goods myself afterwards :D

I'm planning on selling off smaller shipments so there's less risk but haven't attempted it yet. So in addition to the original question from aLucidMind (which I'd like to know too), does anyone know if 'selling safe' actually turns a profit?

Selling in any quantity turns a profit so long as a crapload of missiles and explosives don't get fired along the way, but the higher quantities do turn a higher profit per crate. I also prefer to keep the quantities I sell below the level where they suggest two players, just to be safe. Since even if you're in a session by yourself things can find a way to go horribly wrong.

Edited by TiberiusMcQueen

The more you try to sell at a time the more associates you will need. You can only sell small amounts solo.

not true. I was able to sell a full medium warehouse solo. 3 brickades to the drop and that was it. 700k easy. You can do all the sales solo but Some are just way harder doing them alone.

It advises you to hire associates but it's not mandatory. I did my first medium sized sale (55 crates) with a friend helping me last night. There was only me and my friend in the session and we had to use the Titan to make 10 air drops. He followed in a Buzzard while I flew the Titan. Expected npc sh*t heads to chase us down and f*ck with us..... Nothing. Nothing at all. Made all ten drops, no interference. I guess I was just lucky.you guys are right. I thought it wouldn't let me continue. One shipment I fired my associate to see and had to fly two planes....not fun.

camo_boy67

YeahI had a full warehouse with 111 crates. And I had to fly three Cubans near swamp area of fort zancudo. There were a few nail biting moments, but I made in time with about 8 mins to spare.

Some people have said when you get Titan delivery there will be 2 Froggers full of AI who tear you apart, did you encounter this playing solo?I did not encounter any AI on the Titan runs.

If selling solo, find a nearly or fully empty lobby, then only sell a few at a time. This is going to be the best method by yourself.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

i sold half a big warehouse solo

though the game adviced me to have enough people working with me...honestly though i might have been in a tight timeframe if it was a full warehouse, doing it solo is realy posible

Goofy The Scot

I did my big sale the other night with a friend in tow flying the buzzard, had to make 20 air drops in just over 20 minutes. Funny thing is when I got to 10 I had to fly back and swap planes and finish the other 10. Didnt come across any npc's trying to shoot me outta the sky, unlike earlier when I had the entire air force after me for about 6 crates =\

I did that solo, had 2 valkeries (merryweather) spawn in during the first run - managed to take both of them out after id gotten back to LSIA after the first 10 drops, second 10 drops there was nothing.

• Like 1

Do you get paid if you deliver only some of it? If there are crashlandings, explosions or you can't make it on time.

camo_boy67

Do you get paid if you deliver only some of it? If there are crashlandings, explosions or you can't make it on time.

No. You have to deliver all of it. If one of vehicles is destroyed and you lost cargo. You fail the delivery. And rest the cargo that isn't lost goes back to warehouse.

this.

i collect 94k-100k at a time and sell that.

the amount of money i am making at the rate i am making it is....ridiculous.

I'm a horrible pilot, but I do not trust any else to fly and risk losing cargo. One time I destroyed my cargo, all I did was unplug my ethernet cord and when I came back online I still had all my crates. This is actually making me a better pilot.

CrazyFerret

this.

i collect 94k-100k at a time and sell that.

the amount of money i am making at the rate i am making it is....ridiculous.

Ridiculous as in BAD ridiculous.... or..

As in GOOD ridiculous?

I'm still considering whether I even WANT to buy an Office and Warehouse (or 2) and go at it, because I too will mostly be going at it solo.

But I've been eyeballing that Lombank location off Del Perro; its a stones throw from my apartment at Richard's Majestic, and has an excellent beach front view.

Just not sure I really want to invest my precious Savings of 8.5mil into this...

Edited by CrazyFerret

There seems to be multiple different scenarios for delivering your merchandise. Some I should be easy to solo and some you'll really want some help... and it's a crap-shoot which one you'll wind up having to do.

Selling in any quantity turns a profit so long as a crapload of missiles and explosives don't get fired along the way, but the higher quantities do turn a higher profit per crate. I also prefer to keep the quantities I sell below the level where they suggest two players, just to be safe. Since even if you're in a session by yourself things can find a way to go horribly wrong.

Can you tell me what level it is before it asks for two vehicles please ? I have been doing it at 9, and i haven't gone any higher yet.

Can you tell me what level it is before it asks for two vehicles please ? I have been doing it at 9, and i haven't gone any higher yet. I'm not sure but I think it's between 10 and 14.

It's random. You don't know if attempting a big sale solo was a mistake until the moment sh*t hits the fan. First, there are multiple possible means of transporting the goods. It could be 3 trucks, 1 Tug, 1 Titan or 3 Cubans. This part doesn't really affect the risk factor, but it tightens your time constraint. Second, there are multiple possible NPC interventions. You may get chasers, you may get ambushers, you may get nothing at all.

My big sale experience so far:

• 3 trucks to deliver, fight waves of enemies at the end when all 3 trucks reach the destination. Very easy.
  • 1 Titan to drop cargo around the map. No enemies spawned. Very easy.
  • 1 Titan to drop cargo around the map. Had a Valkyrie spawn at second location and a Buzzard spawn at the third location. Failed sale, lost all cargo. Very difficult.
  • 3 trucks to deliver, waves of enemies chase you during delivery. Very easy.
I should detail the third sale. It was not guaranteed to fail the moment enemies spawned. I got lucky at the Valkyrie and had a spot to land the Titan. Got out, blew up the heli, continued the delivery. Next location was unlucky. I didn't see any suitable locations to land the plane and panicked. Rammed the Buzzard and exploded it. Unfortunately, the Titan caught fire. I then found a location to land the broken Titan. Despite landing the plane without blowing it up, I lost all the cargo. Absolute nonsense if you would ask me, but it's just how Rockstar implemented it.

Long story short, there is a chance the mission will be very difficult to complete solo. Up to you if you want to take that risk.

• Like 2

Alec Skorpio

I'm either just going to sell low or try to find some people to help me out if I ever decide to sell a whole large warehouse.

Well ive had or seen at friend:

2 times 1 Tug, one had all npc on shore before getting on board, think it were 10 orso. Second 1 heli and 6? jetski's started shooting at sea.

1 time 2 Trucks, nothing happened.

2 times 2 Cubans, nothing happened and the other had 3 Buzzards chasing me while delivering in the first plane. Second plane nothing happened.

All were small warehouses with 10-16 crates

Edited by Bobfakkel

CrysisAverted

I'm planning on the big one but damn I keep worrying about being hit by gangsters as I fill up, I wish I knew counters to this.

Does anybody know if all hope is lost on final delivery if closing the game would do any good? Even if you lost data one could contact R* for their sh*t back right?

past experiences

small sale #1 get shredded by Hydra delivering in van, no npc attackers as far as I could tell

medium sale #1 kill gangsters surrounding my tug, deliver tug unhindered

small sale #2 drop crates from cuban, some npcs on foot and 1 buzzard, ended up landing the plane, taking my own buzzard to clear the area and then finishing the deliveries

medium sale #2 go to tug, no npcs attack until I started going towards the point on tug, a bunch of waves, basically gotta stop driving the tug every other second

worried about losing all my 111 crates :s

Edited by CrysisAverted