1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

SHOULD KIDS PLAY GTA V?

Toxic_Paradox

Yeah, go for it, and also make sure to let them use a mic to ask for money :)

PapichuloFT

Hell no......rules should be if your ballz have dropped and can wipe your butt right, then you can play. Most of these squeakers still leave skidmarks even where they sit.

• Like 5

Dragon_Of_Tragedy

On the box doesn't it say rated 17 and older? So,no kids under 17 shouldn't be playing this.

CarimboHanky

oh sh*t not this thread again!

• Like 3

Dr WGA Labriskagni

Who cares? All the more bullet implement from my guns...

Only if they are mature and respectful to other players. If your kid tends to yell, scream, cuss people out, and kills every player in sight (and bitches about them killing him) then hell no. If they're calm, collected, civil to other players, play well with others as well as on their own, and so on then yes.

I doubt anyone truly means "no" if your kid is actually mature and raised properly. Hell, I've come across 30-40 year olds who act like petulant little brats, many of whom act worse than the worst 12 year olds. I will say, though, spy on your kid for periodically when they play online to be sure he's actually playing nice.

• Like 4

hotline.n.w.refn

Depends on the kid and you, really. If you are doing a good job as a parent, then your 14-year-old kid could fit in just fine, as long as you give him a talk about MMO etiquette and make sure he understands what coarse language is and when it's OK, and when it's not. On the other hand, there are quite a bunch of adults out there who are emotionally and mentally stuck at age 8 and shouldn't be allowed to play this kind of games =)

No, kids should not play GTA Online because the content of the game is suited for those 17+ - Rated M for Mature - as jerryinohio78 states above.

Sure, adults will buy this game for teenagers (and sometimes younger) anyway, despite these warnings.

However, should something happen in game that offends their juvenile sensibilities, they can't blame Rockstar or even the playerbase for their qualms.

It's the old adage "can't take the heat, get out the kitchen".

In what sense? Do you mean, will we mind if they do?

I won't mind as long as you don't get them mics, and they act mature.

Should you do it/is it suitable? Well ... It's hardly suitable, but it's just a game. They're not going to turn into a serial killer or whatever the media would have you believe.

I'm sure the majority of us on these forums played games we technically shouldn't have when we were younger.

It's really up to you though.

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure. You have to remember people take the game very seriously, and often get pretty nasty. The community itself is more of an issue than the game.

Change all the settings so they can't hear people or get messages, and vice versa. Then I don't think you have too much to worry about.

Edited by Icantthinkofonew

I've been playing 18+ games since I was around 10-12, I only got my mic at 14, and it wasn't even to talk, it was because I wanted to hear footsteps in cod lol, I only used it to talk to mates sometimes, if I had a kid playing games and he was sh*t talking people and being like the pricks I hear, I'd f*cking disown him.

Should i let kids play it or not?

Should you let them? Do you have some power to stop people playing games? What is this wizardry?

Edited by Mr_Zombly

FlacidJack

If they're your kids then it's your call, if you mean kids in general then yes you should let them play, let their parents make that decision.

Sky_Light12

that would be ruining their childhood , that is especially *ahem gibberish voice * " daddy ! i wanna buy keskerds so i can spent it on a stripper "

Up to the parents really. I was a kid when I played Vice City and my parents were cool with it.

Although I feel like banning kids is less about subjecting them to a violent videogame and more about protecting us older people from mental torture online.

Nick930930

That's a parents decision, not ours.

If a parent thinks the child is mature enough to handle the mature content, then sure. If not, then no.

Not sure why people really care about kids playing this game... just mute them if you don't like hearing their voices. I haven't used ingame GTA voice chat in years. Teamspeak is your friend..

Furry_Monkey

In fairness, it's no better or worse than any public chat room on the internet. You shouldn't encourage it, but if they want to find out then let them. If they're an annoying c*nt then I'll treat them just as I would any other player, even if they are only 10 years old.

Up to the parents really. I was a kid when I played Vice City and my parents were cool with it.

Although I feel like banning kids is less about subjecting them to a violent videogame and more about protecting us older people from mental torture online.

Yes, that's why it's stupid when people post the age limit and such as if they're not going to be exposed to that stuff anyway. A lot of underage players can be annoying but not all of them. I was playing this gtao at release so I was 14, I never screeched at people, I didn't ask for money, I just enjoyed myself. I'm one of the eldest in my group of friends online and none of them are like the nightmares people imagine on here.

The biggest issue is other people online, rather than the game.

No one wants a kid screaming and swearing at people, and they have a bad reputation. Having said that, I would never have done that when I was younger. Plus I never really had one of those squeaky voices lol.

Bigger than that though, is the safety of the kid. Like I said, you'd be surprised how many adults get offensive when they lose the game, so you might not want the kid hearing all that, especially if they don't have thick skin yet.

Also, you're essentially putting your kid in a virtual room full of what could potentially be older men. When you think of it that way ...

Just be careful, and be strict with what settings they can have. They don't need to talk with anyone, hear anyone, or have messages between anyone.

• Like 3

Dangerous and sad

So ironic that the game is related for 18 and older yet I'M GUESSING a large chunk of the 500 million made. From shark cards were from people aged 12-17

So ironic that the game is related for 18 and older yet I'M GUESSING a large chunk of the 500 million made. From shark cards were from people aged 12-17

The same thing is true for most games, that's why you can do those cool hip swag dance moves in cod now.

its no tv sketch

I let my kids(10&12) play invite only, i've told them that I'll delete their accounts if they play in public.

I don't want them to get bullied by dickheads like me.

• Like 7

VOrangejuiceV

Ah this sh*t again? *fires flare gun

This is discussed like million times already and the only answer to this is.....

NO!

Be a responsible parent.

DangerZ0neX

The common sense answer is no, this community has such a toxic fanbase and inappropriate content, anyone who gives a copy of GTA V, with access to Online, to his kid is an idiot and just sucks at parenting as well as reading the warnings on the box cover.

• Like 1

Boy, I might as well go ahead and call social services, I've been severely mistreated for playing this game. My mother must hate me or something.

• Like 2