1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Getting vote kicked to oblivion

Silencer555

Silencer555

Many players are getting vote kicked just for being in a session with a CEO group even though they haven't done anything to threaten anyone. This is an issue that needs to be fixed since it hurts players that aren't even griefers in the first place.

I was in a​n empty public session for a solid 2 hours when three players had entered the session. All of a sudded they were IMMEDIATELY vote kicking me and attacking me with Buzzards. Luckily I left before I was killed. This toxicity is horribly brutal with this update.

So what would be​ a good solution to this vote kicking epidemic besides making the CEO missions available to Invite Only sessions?

Sky_Light12

i know , i tried to play Don't cross the line with 3 players in Free Aim lobby , then Bam !

Lsz1Adi.jpg

note : the other screenshot is in B&M topic

• Like 2

Rockstar created this problem by not allowing CEO work in Crew or Friend lobbies.

Step1: Join public lobby and then unplug router for 5 seconds to get put into a solo public lobby.

Step2: invite all of your crew mates.

Step3: Crew policy now - vote kick anyone who enters the room. Since we are 8+ strong we always have majority even if a few players manage to sneak in.

This is how we get our crew lobbies. Sorry for the inconvenience.

A tip to save you some time in the future: if you join a lobby and it is all one crew, just find a new session.

Edited by Placated

That is sadly the way to go for many. I would be more than happy with a ceo work in crew/friends/invite only lobby, but it seems that they have to be made manually. It is inconvenient and kind of mean.

Lobbies have loaded quickly, though.

FlacidJack

Don't blame the players that kicked you, blame the player(s) that joined their session before you.

rinne_izayoi

Oh, I have had such an experience too. when I was delivering crates, randoms joined, and some of them tried to kick me immediately...(Luckily I didn't got kicked before delivering all of them) ...what leads randoms to do it?! It should make no sense!

• Like 1

Sky_Light12

Oh, I have had such an experience too. when I was delivering crates, randoms joined, and some of them tried to kick me immediately...(Luckily I didn't got kicked before delivering all of them) ...what leads randoms to do it?! It should make no sense!

disproportionate retribution....which is pretty mundane

barely making all deliveries and escaping from fighter jets ? " woaw you F-ing modder "

Edited by Sky_Light12
  • Like 1

Maybe it's worth sending a friendly message telling the CEO you'll leave them alone? Obviously if they vote to kick as soon as you join that doesn't help but I can image a lot of people running CEO work just want to know they'll be left alone.

Silencer555

^I tried, but they attacked me before I was even able to finish the short text message. These guys were extremely paranoid.

Edited by Silencer555

Hopefully people send email complaints to ROckstar about being kicked. OR they noticed a steep increase in kicking. They created this.

Bet you that they'll come with a patch that reads the follwing

Enhanced the public servers to prevent organizations to kick other players.

Fixed issues letting people accessing Secureserv Cargo Network in public servers with less than 10 people in them

Fixed an issue regarding profits being too high (nerfed payouts to 110% total buying price)

• Like 8

Rockstar created this problem by not allowing CEO work in Crew or Friend lobbies.

Step1: Join public lobby and then unplug router for 5 seconds to get put into a solo public lobby.

Step3: Crew policy now - vote kick anyone who enters the room. Since we are 8+ strong we always have majority even if a few players manage to sneak in.

A tip to save you some time in the future: if you join a lobby and it is all one crew, just find a new session.

had an error saying connection to host was lost... couldnt drop into a solo session :(

Datguy8925

You know it's funny. Today I played in a free aim session. It was a lot more peaceful...except for one asshat who was in jet that kept going after one organization. So I felt some pity and started a votekick and messaged the organization "Vote kick?". The organization getting harassed either didn't bother to read my message, or were too dumb to know how to vote kick, or willing to be griefed constantly.

The asshat even tried coming after me, but he wussed out when he saw i was in a Savage and managed to shake off his cannons and managed to damage him (real liquid snake mgs1 sh*t). Don't mean to toot my own horn of course.

I forgot what his name was exactly, I think it was Eye_To_Jet or something. Try hard was a level 921 too at the time today. This is PS4, so yeah if you see this asshat griefing, well feel free to jihad him.

Edited by Datguy8925
  • Like 3

Or you could just stop being so pathetic.

After grinding to about *130k in invite-only contact missions, I thought I'd see what the public lobbies were like with the new update.

Most were empty except for a few people who were in the same crew as each other lol

*that's how much I grind per session, not my total bank balance.

I just hope things get back to normal or at least to a certain level of decency, because so far, being at free-roam without getting kicked is a challenge.

Edited by Arachne

Non Funkable Token

This. R* created a problem out of the blue by teasing people with a new and refreshing gamemode which turned out to be a fool trap.

Prepare for votekicks, session splits and more lag issues, people.

Members of my crew were voting to kick out my boyfriend after the update went live, like what the f*ck?

• Like 6

Bet you that they'll come with a patch that reads the follwing

Fixed issues letting people accessing Secureserv Cargo Network in public servers with less than 10 people in them

I'm expecting this to be the case, sadly. I was in a session on my own for a few hours yesterday (thanks, potato internet!) and it allowed me to get a feel for how the whole CEO cargo stuff works. I love it - it's a step closer to what I hoped GTAO would be when it was first released. Also, being able to stand in a warehouse filled with the spoils of victory... feels good man

It'd be a real shame if all of this becomes nearly impossible to play because of minimum player restrictions, vote kicking, etc.

Geisterfaust

Don't listen to him.

A tip to save you some time in the future: do not try to play this idiotic update until it's fixed. Do not buy useless crap for millions.

Let votekickers kick each other moving their miserable crap for pennies. Do PacStandard for money or VIP stuff.

Edited by hei3enberg

I've been kicked twice. Another time I had to message a lobby filled with a crew that I'm not going to interfere with their CEO stuff.

Don't listen to him.

A tip to save you some time in the future: do not try to play this idiotic update until it's fixed. Do not buy useless crap for millions.

Let votekickers kick each other moving their miserable crap for pennies. Do PacStandard for money or VIP stuff.

Since we are one crew that isnt likely to happen. Dont blame us; blame rockstar.

SaltyGTAFMember

Disable vote kick in free roam only, then put abusers in bad sports.

You dont own a lobby, get over yourselves.

• Like 2

Being voted to kick from the session is something that I'm kinda used to lol. Start rolling with crew members (#paletostrong) to populate the lobby. Not only will randoms not try anything shifty BUT, if you are voted to kick, have the crew send you commends and go about your day. :)

Edited by CrayCray

M*A*R*I*N*A

I also go CEO when I log on, sometimes when I'm up for hiring body guards I hire low levels to get their cash amount up. I still get the odd people harass me or vote to kick. Usually I just go passive after that, or I leave.

The Sullinator

When I get put in a small session with just other CEO group, I always text the leader and tell them I'm cool and I won't bother them if they don't bother me. I usually don't get a response, but we do leave each other alone.

Sky_Light12

A magnificent bastard kicked me for no reason other than just for declining his invitation at his organization even though i already work with somebody else

Disable vote kick in free roam only, then put abusers in bad sports.

You dont own a lobby, get over yourselves.

well actually you own a lobby,thanks to P2P

My friends all go find empty lobbies, then we play normally. If randoms drop in, good on them. If they grief us while we work, they get murdered to oblivion. If they don't get the message after that, vote kick. Since we hold majority, they get kicked. We gave them a fair chance to leave us alone, destroyed then when they didn't, and forced them to leave.

• Like 3

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

lol, kinda think this is good news...the more people have isues with this public lobby bullsh*t, the more chance for a fix

• Like 2