2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Very dissapointed with the contraband item selling

Mr_Zombly

I spent a couple hours with mates grinding the buying runs.

Spent 250k starting up these missions

had 700k to sell

my teammates used the buzzard to ward off any players in aircraft as I was in a titan.

then two froggers appeared and tore the titan aparty with mingun like weapons...

So I tried to make my 250k back

sold 15 crates

cost me 100k

got 240k

but my bodyguards got 8k each and now they're complaining.

What is going on?

Please post your experiences with this, I want to know if I'm doing something wrong. Why did my bodyguards get payed so little?

Edited by Mr_Zombly

I helped a mate ceo as an associate deliver 1 crate , he made 16k I made 45 k .

555-We-Tip

I've only tried it once. Sold two crates of medical supplies.

Are we only able to purchase a maximum of 3 crates at any time? It would take forever to fill a large warehouse if that's true.

Diana_McFarland

im doing all of this CEO crap solo,

am i gonna run into trouble down the line?

• Like 1

im doing all of this CEO crap solo,

am i gonna run into trouble down the line?

yup. You can only sell small amounts solo. The other amounts require two or more.

Has anyone done a sellling run then?

How much did everyone's bodyguards get??

rockstarfanboy1987

this update wrote history as the biggest hidden scam of all time, even insurance agents look like angels compared to this

Do they think we are mentally retarded or somethin?

Edited by rockstarfanboy1987
  • Like 3

Captain Yamamoto

what about if you and a friend become CEOs, but one person joins the other's business?

what happens to the other person's CEO status?

what about if you and a friend become CEOs, but one person joins the other's business?

Not really relevant to what I want to talk about but I think you can just temporarily stop being ceo to join someone else's organisation.

Same thing, we helped ward off enemies, while our ceo was progressing the tugboat making the shipment sales full of our stock. After a successful shipment, the ceo got full value around 500k. The three associate's including me got 8k a piece.

It'd be one thing if we got paid for the missions to attain the stock, because it'd build up over time, and then the ceo gets the full pot at the end. Sort of like heist set up missions, but there's not even that.

Instead 8-10k every now and then, as if it was a participation reward and only that

• Like 2

Has anyone done a sellling run then?

How much did everyone's bodyguards get??

Yeah I've sold 400k worth of goods and my associates only got 7k.

I really f*cking hope to god this is a glitch. If this is literally intentional then I'm done with this game, this willl be the most short lived update for me.

I was f*cking dancing when I got home and it was updating today...

Edited by Mr_Zombly
  • Like 1

Maibatsu545

Yeah, I could tell by the trailer it was going to be crap. Why can't they just give us a Chinatown wars style contraband trafficing system? Instead what we get are glorified pizza delivery boy missions, with boxes of "drugs" replacing boxes of pizza. Pretty lame. Granted though I have yet to actually play a crate mission thanks to Rockstar's famous potato-based server infrastructure. Maybe if I play it some I'll change my mind but at this moment im none too impressed.

Captain Yamamoto

Not really relevant to what I want to talk about but I think you can just temporarily stop being ceo to join someone else's organisation.

yes it is.

what if, when you join another CEO. you lose your business and get no refund? hell, even with a full refund its just time wasting BS to play with your freinds

• Like 1

Yeah, I could tell by the trailer it was going to be crap. Why can't they just give us a Chinatown wars style contraband trafficing system? Instead what we get are glorified pizza delivery boy missions, with boxes of "drugs" replacing boxes of pizza. Pretty lame. Granted though I have yet to actually play a crate mission thanks to Rockstar's famous potato-based server infrastructure. Maybe if I play it some I'll change my mind but at this moment im none too impressed.

It's ok, honestly but when you go to sell all you collect, it is a big risk to all the money and time you put into it. like 250k cost for a 700k selling price and you can fail that.

but if you win it decides to f*ck your bodyguards and give them 8k...

yes it is.

what if, when you join another CEO. you lose your business and get no refund? hell, even with a full refund its just time wasting BS to play with your freinds

You can't lose your business, your business is your office.

I'm talking about the contraband system and how it f*cks bodyguards with about 5 dicks at once.

• Like 3

Cubanoking99

I'm having a similar issue me and my crew mates as CEOs are getting paid more than our bodyguards that are only getting 8 to 10K somebody mention if anybody could figure out how to give a bigger cut to the bodyguards working for the see you always let me know someone mentioned that you could do that

I'm having a similar issue me and my crew mates as CEOs are getting paid more than our bodyguards that are only getting 8 to 10K somebody mention if anybody could figure out how to give a bigger cut to the bodyguards working for the see you always let me know someone mentioned that you could do that

You can probably split your cut with your organisation but then you make absolutely no profit because if you pay for example 250k for 700k selling price, 700k between 4 people is 280,000 so you only make about 30k profit for 1-2 hours of work.

Unless they do something about this, I'm done with this game, that is the most blatant f*cking moneygrab that it is literally f*cking insulting.

Edited by Mr_Zombly
  • Like 2

X Reaper X

Well if R* would turn on cash gifting, I'd pay my employees a good amount if they actually helped me. If you join and I never see you well then you don't deserve anything.

• Like 3

Well if R* would turn on cash gifting, I'd pay my employees a good amount if they actually helped me. If you join and I never see you well then you don't deserve anything.

You may be able to use split with organisation option but then you make a tiny amount for so much work.

• Like 1

Cubanoking99

You can probably split your cut with your organisation but then you make absolutely no profit because if you pay for example 250k for 700k selling price, 700k between 4 people is 280,000 so you only make about 30k profit for 1-2 hours of work.

Unless they do something about this, I'm done with this game, that is the most blatant f*cking moneygrab that it is literally f*cking insulting.

I'm trying to figure out how to do that I looked in the computer on the warehouse and I didn't see an option I looked on the computer in the office and I didn't see an option I looked in the menus in the inventory and I didn't see an option and I can't split it like ash like you can with the VIP work so if anyone can figure out how I could split out the payouts either for the by missions or the selling missions amongst my bodyguards let me know

I'm trying to figure out how to do that I looked in the computer on the warehouse and I didn't see an option I looked on the computer in the office and I didn't see an option I looked in the menus in the inventory and I didn't see an option and I can't split it like ash like you can with the VIP work so if anyone can figure out how I could split out the payouts either for the by missions or the selling missions amongst my bodyguards let me know

Well I guess you can't then it's built to f*ck your bodyguards and give you less profit. I'm so f*cking done, I'm really f*cking let down about this. I don't know what to f*cking do.

I had so much faith in rockstar.

• Like 1

Exactly. The money for the partners is ridiculous. I'ts more productive for your friends if they also are CEO's instead of your assistants in the trading missions.

• Like 2

Cubanoking99

Seriously it feels like being a CEO is a scam for the new people playing GTA online it screws over your bodyguards

• Like 1

Konata Inoue

heheheheh, heh.

I've gotten away wtih a full 270k because my session was dead all morning.

• Like 1

I'm probably not done, I'm just quite annoyed, going to calm down by getting some nice snapmatics.

Its mean't to be risky business, you do it well you succeed and get rich, do it wrong you lose all your loot, if it wasn't risky like REAL LIFE drug dealing it wouldn't be as fun and everyone would get super rich.

• Like 2

Everything else in the update is great, but the contraband system was one of the most exciting things in a long time, and it's sh*t.

Cubanoking99

heheheheh, heh.

I've gotten away wtih a full 270k because my session was dead all morning.

Maybe this update is working exactly as it should as a single player update but then it begs the question why is it in the public session I can't tell Rockstar is doing the perfect role or if they just f***** up the update

• Like 2

Its mean't to be risky business, you do it well you succeed and get rich, do it wrong you lose all your loot, if it wasn't risky like REAL LIFE drug dealing it wouldn't be as fun and everyone would get super rich.

I'm not mad about that, I find that thrilling and interesting. But the fact that bodyguards get 8k for 2 hours of work if we manage to sell the stuff, that's bullsh*t.