3. Suggestions

Discussions about the Nimbus

Final Quake

Final Quake

What are your thoughts on the Nimbus?

Edited by RedDagger

How is the Nimbus?

I'm loving it

Fits 8 people. Inside is so cool looking.

• Like 1

whywontyoulisten

Flew it in a race; "lumbering" is not a word that should be applied to a luxury private jet. Great for cruising, but it feels so heavy and slow to respond compared to the Luxor.

• Like 1

CrysisAverted

Its acceptable

Edited by CrysisAverted

Nimbus = Nimble (air)Bus

It's named after Goku's cloud.

Nimbus is Latin, it means Dark Cloud

Nimbus Clouds generally produce precipitation, rain, snow, sleet, hail, they are dark because they are dense with water.

• Like 1

whywontyoulisten

Is it just me or do the wheels look far too close to the centreline? Seems stable enough on landing though.

p.s. This thing does not like flying upside down.

Of all the aircraft in the world they add another private executive jet? :dozing:

• Like 2

J0hnny0nTheSp0t

The Nimbus is a really nice jet and for me the best so far. And it flies faster than a Nimbus 2000 :0

Edited by J0hnny0nTheSp0t

Is it just me or do the wheels look far too close to the centreline? Seems stable enough on landing though.

p.s. This thing does not like flying upside down.

It's the Vestra's bigger brother :(

IdRatherBeFlying

The "lumbering" agility is actually a nice feature for the type of aircraft it is. Very smooth flight control.

Sentinel Driver

I was expecting it to be the broomstick from Harry Potter

• Like 3

Of all the aircraft in the world they add another private executive jet? :dozing:

This jet seems to be trying to fill a niche that doesn't exist. The Vestra is better because it's smaller, the Milljet is better because it's bigger, and the Luxor Deluxe has +100% more gold... and the free booze to boot.

I do think the Numbus looks alright, but at the price it's at, I'd buy that rusty tugboat first.

It gains altitude super fast at full throttle, you can hit height limit in no time. Also, once you get used to the large wingspan, landing it is a breeze.

• 1 month later...
whywontyoulisten

Anybody bought this misshapen pregnant sh*theap because of the discount? I've been trying it out again in Flying Colours and all it does is remind me how much more responsive, better looking, and well proportioned the Shamal is; this is a really poorly-designed model. Still hate the see-saw narrow spacing of the main gear, and it doesn't have spoilers/speed brakes on the wings, which was always a nice touch.

If R* add a NPC to pilot our jet/heli i buy one. Dont get the point to buy a jet. Yes is fun whit friends but for a solo player like me i dont see me buy it. But still a great looking jet

Schafter S500

If R* add a NPC to pilot our jet/heli i buy one. Dont get the point to buy a jet. Yes is fun whit friends but for a solo player like me i dont see me buy it. But still a great looking jet

That sounds like a great idea. You should be able to call in a pilot to pick you up at one of the 3 airports and take you to another airport.

I love it, I wanted to buy it since it came out, but I kept procrastinating & before you know it ... a generous %30 off.

It doesn't need long stretches of areas to land or take off & once it builds speed its very agile, I did Sightseer with it. The Luxor is a bit quicker, but both have very similar top speeds.

• 6 months later...

• 8 months later...
xXxKAMIKAZExXx

I hope this plane gets another discount. I've been craving a luxury jet with an interactive interior that doesn't cost 10 million with an ugly gold paint job.

I wonder what colours will suit this jet best, now that we can change it? :p

• 1 year later...

ayy another thread to necro...

bought it, like it more than deluxe. same luxury interior, 5 times cheaper, can choose your own paint scheme (instead of forced trump cosplay) 👍 

kUdGUiJ.png

lE1Rl4r.png

JFV6549.png

eyx6cri.png

• Like 4

^^ Nice!

Here's mine:

25874172988_0f19fc1fdf_o.png

I own all the civilian airplanes & the Nimbus is my favorite one.

• 2 years later...
éX-Driver

No real purpose for private jets because there’s nowhere to fly to in the game. You can only realistically land it at LSIA and the Sandy Shores Airfield, and for the amount of time it takes to drive to the Nimbus’ spawn point, take off, fly, and land, you could’ve just driven to Sandy Shores. 

San Andreas had three cities you could fly to and it would be much quicker to fly than to drive, so there was a reason to take it. Hopefully GTA 6 has more than one city and the map is big enough to justify the ability to charter a flight in a private jet and fly to your destination quicker than to drive. 

Fish_head

I’d love the realism of a map fifty times the size. To drive from one city to another becomes a proper road trip. Countryside so vast that you could proper get lost in yet cities as hectic as they are now. Private jets would become the status symbols that they should be,   And in the vastness, flying non weaponised planes would be something more than being shot down less than a minute after takeoff

can but dream

• Like 5
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Schuimpruim
3 minutes ago, Fish_head said:

I’d love the realism of a map fifty times the size. To drive from one city to another becomes a proper road trip. Countryside so vast that you could proper get lost in yet cities as hectic as they are now. Private jets would become the status symbols that they should be,   And in the vastness, flying non weaponised planes would be something more than being shot down less than a minute after takeoff

can but dream

A proper road trip is what some people really need in GTA, including myself. I would love to just drive for at least an hour to get to the next city.

Well... Here's to hoping we will encounter this in GTAVI, wouldnt count on it but as you wisely said: Folks can dream.

• Realistic Steak! 2

Rockstar doesn't like to do huge maps so I'd keep my expectations in check in regards to that.

But yeah, we do need a proper big map with interesting destinations on each end to justify the need of aircrafts and also the highways, more rivers to justify the need of boats.

Christ, the highway system in V feels so useless, you have that complex smartly made highways in Los Santos, with three of them getting out of the city...Just to end up on the tiny little town of Paleto Bay and they don't even cut through any important cities to get there.