2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Do you think military vehicles should have large insurance costs?

Richard Power Colt

Richard Power Colt

In order to reduce the amount of jet griefers and other such nuisance in free mode, I think they should add a large cost for re-ordering any military vehicles after they're destroyed. It's become an even bigger issue now with the new CEO missions that you apparently can't do in private sessions.

Shadowfennekin

How about just ban jets from taking part in activities. They're in a passive state unable to do anything.

• Like 1

No; not in my opinion.

Because that's just tip-toe'ing around the issue. The issue isn't insurance; the issue is jets.

Just do something about the jets themselves. Make that cannon weaker, give us a weapon that can actually fight them better from the ground.

And for God's sake buff those helicopters so they can be a really intimidating threat for the jets.

• Like 2

Richard Power Colt

I personally don't like the idea of nerfing a vehicle, it just makes things more boring imo. Just look at the Rhino tank, it's not that fun to use anymore, because it gets destroyed so easily. The banning jets from activities thing could be a pretty good solution tho. Although I'd personally like to see less jets in general even outside of activities. They're just annoying.

Edited by Nutsack McQueen

In order to reduce the amount of jet griefers and other such nuisance in free mode, I think they should add a large cost for re-ordering any military vehicles after they're destroyed. It's become an even bigger issue now with the new CEO missions that you apparently can't do in private sessions.

Since transfered modded accounts are really common, i don't think that money would make any difference, i think they key here is matchmaking, jet griefers should be paired on lobbies with other jet griefers, so they can keep using their jets all they want and don't bother anybody, it's a win win situation

Richard Power Colt

Not to mention that if you're on PC, there's hackers everywhere who can kill you easily a hundred other ways. Not sure how that kind of matchmaking would actually work though. Like is it calculated by the amount of jet kills or something? What if you decide you don't want to use a jet all the time anymore.

Edited by Nutsack McQueen

The Wandering Hunter

they would play broke

I used to

and putting jet griefers together in theory but they can still join friends, and don't even suggest preventing that

Edited by The Sole Survivor

Not to mention that if you're on PC, there's hackers everywhere who can kill you easily a hundred other ways. Not sure how that kind of matchmaking would actually work though. Like is it calculated by the amount of jet kills or something? What if you decide you don't want to use a jet all the time anymore.

They have statistics about almost everthing, i'm pretty sure they can tell who's been sitting on jets

I personally don't like the idea of nerfing a vehicle, it just makes things more boring imo. Just look at the Rhino tank, it's not that fun to use anymore, because it gets destroyed so easily. The banning jets from activities thing could be a pretty good solution tho. Although I'd personally like to see less jets in general even outside of activities. They're just annoying.

The thing is, tanks didn't need nerfing to that extent. I don't think the problem is that they nerfed tanks - it's that they did it to the extent that they're made of paper.

Jets are pretty grossly overpowered though, and that's coming from someone who can use them as well as more or less everyone else (just in case someone calls me a whiner or whatever).

The way I see it, they should nip the problem in the bud.

No; not in my opinion.

Because that's just tip-toe'ing around the issue. The issue isn't insurance; the issue is jets.

Just do something about the jets themselves. Make that cannon weaker, give us a weapon that can actually fight them better from the ground.

And for God's sake buff those helicopters so they can be a really intimidating threat for the jets.

I'm not sure about the jet being straight up nerfed, but helicopters being buffed? Maybe, ya know, my savage would see a lot more use if it didnt start to go down after two mags of small arms fire, and if it could do something to prevent being missiled.

Afterall, last time rockstar tried to make a counter to the jets, it ended up giving any player a fire-and-forget rocket launcher from level 1, making life harder for everyone (especially those who fly nonarmed aircraft). You can hardly drive without having some sort of rocket fired at you now, and I'd say a good half of them are from the ground.

Edited by oidgod
  • Like 2

The Wandering Hunter

if helis were buffed enough maybe the cup buzzard could deal with jets, especially if jets got nerfed.

I still like the idea of a mobile anti air, ai controlled but player driven to shoot down jets

Richard Power Colt

Don't see how a helicopter being buffed would fix the problem. Wouldn't that just be another griefing tool against people on the ground? I still think these vehicles should just have limited access.

The thing is, tanks didn't need nerfing to that extent. I don't think the problem is that they nerfed tanks - it's that they did it to the extent that they're made of paper.

Jets are pretty grossly overpowered though, and that's coming from someone who can use them as well as more or less everyone else (just in case someone calls me a whiner or whatever).

The way I see it, they should nip the problem in the bud.

Agreed. A tank's weakness should be in its speed and the turn rate of its turret. A tank should not perform well against infantry in close range, against targets with height advantage against the tank or against any vehicle which is capable of outmanoeuvering it.

The problem is that they've put themselves in an absolute corner by adding all the military stuff. I would have resolved the tank issue by promoting the counterplay of getting a civilian helicopter with open sides, having a buddy get in and RPGing the tank from above. No need to nerf the tank itself into the ground. I'm quite a fan of the shooting out of helicopter mechanic - it's classic GTA going back to the days of Vice City (Phnom Penh '86) and I think it's tragically underutilized in GTA:O. However, because of the homing launcher, jets, military helis and to an extent the turreted ground vehicles, this isn't a valid counterplay and you'd get wrecked in seconds if you tried this in a free roam lobby.

Regarding insurance for vehicles in general: I'm of the opinion that ANY vehicle designed for combat operations should either be exempt from insurance or have an unusually high penalty in the 25%-50% range. Why the hell should civilian insurance insure combat vehicles? This would include:

- Any armored vehicle

- Any military vehicle

Pegasus vehicles should also have individual cooldowns. Calling in armor or military vehicles is something you should do only when you really, REALLY need to ruin someone's day, and they should provoke 4 or 5 star wanted levels on sight. Right now they're handed out like candy. There is zero OSHI- factor to seeing a Hydra or a Savage or a Buzzard or an Insurgent or an armored Kuruma, because they're common as dirt.

Edited by Azarael
  • Like 1