2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Public only business missions

RedBandit.

RedBandit.

Why have Rockstar made these Public ONLY. I get that it would kinda be pointless in an invite only lobby but why? Why cant I get all my friends in an invite only.

The main issue is, you cant even play in public without terrible lag and disconnecting players. No matter how good your connection and ports opened

Why have Rockstar made these Public ONLY. I get that it would kinda be pointless in an invite only lobby but why? Why cant I get all my friends in an invite only.

The main issue is, you cant even play in public without terrible lag and disconnecting players. No matter how good your connection and ports opened

I'm a solo player and I'm quite disappointed by this. I wonder if you can do it solo if you are in an empty public session?

Because it would be a easy cash grind if it wasn't in a public lobby. I can understand why they did it that way.

• Like 3

Coz we needed a thread just for you people to cry about this?.

actually, good idea! I will point people this way

CrysisAverted

Using that badass armored truck to haul my stuff to a location

See Jet coming

this is it, this is how I die

one f*cking strafe, 1 f*cking second of those Hydra cannons and I blew up

srsly C* why you think this a good idea

The only thing annoying about this to me is the jet trolls flying around. There hasn't been a single lobby today where there wasn't at least 2 jets in the sky waiting for people to carry their cargo. It's pretty irritating.

• Like 3

Thx, i found my way on my own. ;)

Yeah, this sucks. I rarely play with randoms in any form. We usually play with friends in invite or crew lobby. This would be sweet with "static" set of friends in closed session, with some sort of gentlemans rules. But no, public with its annoying squeakers, swearing, sticky bombed insurgents, hydras etc is the only way.

I might not quite shed a tear, but almost. It's a really, really big letdown.

For solo work, you could make your connection really sh*tty, but i wont fall that low.

Edit: worst are hydras. You kind of need two able pilots in hydras to keep skies clear, and even then it's just a while of off the radar for attacker.

Edited by Absolut

LazerGunFunk

I'm a solo player and I'm quite disappointed by this. I wonder if you can do it solo if you are in an empty public session?

Me and a friend have been doing them in a public lobby with just us 2 all morning not one other person has joined

• Like 2

The only thing annoying about this to me is the jet trolls flying around. There hasn't been a single lobby today where there wasn't at least 2 jets in the sky waiting for people to carry their cargo. It's pretty irritating.

Agreed. I was playing in one session though where there were a small bunch of other organisations, but everyone just kept for them selves. At least till a couple of jet trolls arrived and everything went amok.

Thx, i found my way on my own. ;)

Yeah, this sucks. I rarely play with randoms in any form. We usually play with friends in invite or crew lobby. This would be sweet with "static" set of friends in closed session, with some sort of gentlemans rules. But no, public with its annoying squeakers, swearing, sticky bombed insurgents, hydras etc is the only way.

I might not quite shed a tear, but almost. It's a really, really big letdown.

For solo work, you could make your connection really sh*tty, but i wont fall that low.

aww go on, just one salty tear?

They cant put this type of gameplay in closed sessions, the payout appears to be decent and people would grind/rinse it to death, which means less cash cards sales ;) public PVP pays, pays Rockstar

• Like 2

It's a bit annoying. My current strategy is to find lobbies with less than 10 players and buying goods then selling them when I'm in a lobby by myself.

Edited by CJPNE

I wonder if you can do it solo if you are in an empty public session?

You can, actually. Certain VIP works are locked away due to "no free players", but the contraband works just fine.

Oh man, how could i say no. Here you go, honeybuns!

Edit: i do understand why this is public only. I just don't like it. At all. It takes the game further away in deathmatch territory, when i have hugely enjoyed the more social forms of playing.

Edited by Absolut

I mean, CEOs have competition in business. It's not the Monopoly update.

huckmonkey

I'm a solo player and I'm quite disappointed by this. I wonder if you can do it solo if you are in an empty public session?apparently yes. Fire up the lag switch!

Sooo you guys are the CEOs and you are the ones moving the cargo???

Tough times, eh?

• Like 2

Quinn_flower

dusts off old laggy

• Like 2

PoeticWhisper

Glad I bought this office.

Shabazz916

because its harder to get stuff done this way

this makes it fun... it be boring if we went up against the computer only

Oh man, how could i say no. Here you go, honeybuns!

Edit: i do understand why this is public only. I just don't like it. At all. It takes the game further away in deathmatch territory, when i have hugely enjoyed the more social forms of playing.

Delicious ..;)

But, fighting with your organization against all odds is ..social

I will laugh my ass off once mod menus and hackers start coming back and people who are CEOs will start crying in new threads like this.

There are glitches to play in a public lobby with no one else... or at least there were before. Anyone know any current method?

Is there any reason (other than a gun storage) to buy an office if I don't play in public?I'm not going to buy it if it doesn't enable any missions I can do in invite only.

rodrich266

Ohhh boy, I haven't been able to play yet but this is kinda dissapointing, I'm normally a solo player. But hell, I guess I'm going PvP once again. I'm not gonna let that stop me! This looks too fun to let pass because of dumbasses in jets.

Also OP, I highly recommend you send the suggestion of making these available in invite only/crew/friends sessions to the R* mouthoff or suggestions email. I'm going to do it, as it's the only hope we have them of considering it. However, I'm gonna play em first, before anything else and see how it all pans out.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

i must say this update has been underwelming in its potential...like said, they need to balance things further

seriously, after the stunt update i just want more balancing

Quinn_flower

el swicho works. been filling up my warehouse with no randoms

UKPortista

I've been on my own in a public lobby for the last 2 hours and my medium sized warehouse at La Mesa is 31% full. This is the most fun I've had on GTAO in yonks.

There are glitches to play in a public lobby with no one else... or at least there were before. Anyone know any current method?

Yeah, it's called lagging out. You interrupt a wire in your LAN cable to make the connection lose a package and disconnect you from other players without kicking you to the singleplayer.

The game shows that everyone left, but it is only you that remain in your own public lobby, until someone enters it. You can invite then your own friends and when someone enters your lobby, you all can votekick him.

badblack87gn

this makes it fun... it be boring if we went up against the computer only

Most of my friends don't play anymore and even when they did a majority of them were xbox360.

I can play with other people but I've always enjoyed running missions solo and with the fact that every thing I buy always has SOME issue (at least the few I've done) it seems like a great way for me to enjoy being a CEO and making money solo.