2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Anyone want a Fishing DLC?

RollsReus1959

RollsReus1959

I am a fan of fishing and I love how GTAO have these mini games but too bad nobody plays them anymore. When was the last time you shot darts, played tennis or even golfed?

With that said, I don't want a fishing mini game but I think we should be able to do some fishing work/challenges.

We already have the yachts and the boats so it would be cool if they gave us fishing polls. We can catch fishes to boost our health or even sell it to the black market.

Anyone thinks this is a good idea?

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 2

Selling fish to the blackmarket... I'm all for immersion but this one is over the top imo, sorry.

Also, wishlist thread.

• Like 3

Final Quake

Do I play golf in gta online? no. Would I do fishing in gta online? hell to the god damn f*cking no!

I'm just gonna be different and say I wouldn't mind it. I'd rather have other stuff first, but new content is new content.

#listenstoRMP

• Like 2

We need an official wishlist thread for stupid ideas, this one being one of the first ideas to be added to that list.

Edited by pedinhuh

Sky_Light12

no

because i wouldn't want the fish lagged like how NPCs would

Metal Slime

Seeing as how popular Tennis, Golf, Shooting range and Arm Wrestling are, why not?

RollsReus1959

Selling fish to the blackmarket... I'm all for immersion but this one is over the top imo, sorry.

Also, wishlist thread.

Events like hold the wheel, drop the case or even hostile takeover are prime examples that we can use our boats and go out into the ocean, far away from the Los Santos, and catch whales that are illegal. Other players have the opportunity to stop you and steal it.

Konata Inoue

Also, wishlist thread.

Events like hold the wheel, drop the case or even hostile takeover are prime examples that we can use our boats and go out into the ocean, far away from the Los Santos, and catch whales that are illegal. Other players have the opportunity to stop you and steal it.

Rockstar would be under so much fire for doing that. But im down with that idea.

HeatproofLemur

Would be nice to load up my sadler and drive upto banham canyon for a spot of fishing in the river, or a purchasable boat trailer so i can load my tropic onto it and try my luck catching something in the alamo sea, now that would just be the most relaxing thing i could do in the game, besides just lounging in the sun on my yacht or walking along the beach, i even go for hikes sometimes if im just bored and killing time.

RollsReus1959

Also, wishlist thread.

Rockstar would be under so much fire for doing that. But im down with that idea.

I know right. We can kill, steal cars and now sell drugs but 'damn them' for letting us fish and sell whale. lol

Would be nice to load up my sadler and drive upto banham canyon for a spot of fishing in the river, or a purchasable boat trailer so i can load my tropic onto it and try my luck catching something in the alamo sea, now that would just be the most relaxing thing i could do in the game, besides just lounging in the sun on my yacht or walking along the beach, i even go for hikes sometimes if im just bored and killing time.

I like how you think and play the game.

I am going to give that a try. Never hiked or walked the beach or at least dedicated my time to doing that. I do drive mindlessly around the city.

Edited by RollsReus1959

heycorcverseneborc

yes , it would be a good option for activities for sure... they should add lots of activities except fishing in the ocean / lake / river / seaside part on the map .

1. More activities at Del Pierro Pier

2. Flat wall climbing at Venice Beach

3. Beach volley at Venice Beach

4. Yacht racing

5. Online triathlon

6. Rafting

7. Canoeing

8. Fly boarding

9. Surfing / Windsurfing / Kitesufing

10. Water polo

Come on Rockstar .... Everyone is getting bored of the game ... give us new water / seaside activities for fun .. I know you can do it .

FlacidJack

I can imagine it now...

Get ready for the next event! Boats are placed around the island.

Most blue fin tuna caught in the next hour wins!

Ummm... No.

P.S. I fish in DayZ, it's all I eat. Thought I'd share that.

Only if when fishing in the oceans sharks pull you into the sea

Sentinel Driver

Grand theft fish!!!!!!!!!!! How about no? This is not sims

whywontyoulisten

PHYSICAL fish aren't in gta online.

Define physical. There are always fish around the corals.

HeatproofLemur

Also, wishlist thread.

I know right. We can kill, steal cars and now sell drugs but 'damn them' for letting us fish and sell whale. lol

I like how you think and play the game.

I am going to give that a try. Never hiked or walked the beach or at least dedicated my time to doing that. I do drive mindlessly around the city.

Thanks man, honestly its nice just to relax and walk along the beach hearing the waves, and sitting in my boat in the alamo sea just listenijg to the water, reminds me of bieng on holiday. And hiking, i just drive to the saw mill or the cable car station, lock the car and just walk up the mountain listening to the sounds of the wind and the bird sounds. Infact of your on xbox1 you can always join me if you just want to chill out and get away from the 24/7 carnage in the city. Edited by Rottieman92

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

yes, but i first need to see fish and variation in it

i imagen most fish just bringing up 100 per catch.

but to make it work i then imagen fishing on sharks, pulling it in for a dozan minutes and getting payed 10 000 to 20 000, but the shark being kinda a rare npc to have on the line

and then, hell, maybe a swordfish for much more, and then the whole session being allerted, being able to sell that thing for 100 000 or so

but yea, im afraid that will be not in this online :/

edit: i woud go crazy if we get some sort of heist were we hunt a whale, but we first need a big boat for it, a harpoon gun and stuff like that.

though people might not consider it a heist, i am all for the imagenative and the unique.

its sure diferend then just getting to an specific place on the map, do the job, bring the asset away and transport it, and then go to the last checkpoint for delivering.

Edited by goldadderXD

HeatproofLemur

but to make it work i then imagen fishing on sharks, pulling it in for a dozan minutes and getting payed 10 000 to 20 000, but the shark being kinda a rare npc to have on the line

and then, hell, maybe a swordfish for much more, and then the whole session being allerted, being able to sell that thing for 100 000 or so

edit: i woud go crazy if we get some sort of heist were we hunt a whale, but we first need a big boat for it, a harpoon gun and stuff like that.

though people might not consider it a heist, i am all for the imagenative and the unique.

its sure diferend then just getting to an specific place on the map, do the job, bring the asset away and transport it, and then go to the last checkpoint for delivering.

This is the part where in a couple hours time LispyJizzy w*nkstain sees all this and posts some clickbait about the Tugboat bieng part of a future fishing update thats been 'leaked'

Only if it means I can use my dreamcast GET BASS controller once again.

• Like 3

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

This is the part where in a couple hours time LispyJizzy w*nkstain sees all this and posts some clickbait about the Tugboat bieng part of a future fishing update thats been 'leaked'

People lacking a fully functioning brain and falling for that sh*t is not my concern.

• Like 2

CaptSpalding

I'm up for this idea , it's far better than darts,golf, or arm wrestling , give us some sailfish , grouper and tiger shark.

• Like 1

HeatproofLemur

People lacking a fully functioning brain and falling for that sh*t is not my concern.

Thoroughly agree.

• Like 1

This isn't something I'm seeking but I'd definitely be for it. Fishing (as a mini game) would arguably be more fun than darts or arm wrestling and it wouldn't hurt to add one more thing boats/docks can take advantage of.

Edited by ikaR3CON
  • Like 1

KgQS6by.jpg?1

bloatedsack

As important as realistic steak is, I'd actually prefer to see something like this as a minigame in a future title.

But, realistically speaking (and not speaking realistically of steak), it will never happen in V. You should go make your suggestion in the GTA Next wishlist in which there may still be the occasional R* community liason who reads that sh*t.