Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,792 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Mister Pink

GTA Next Music & Radio

CartmanKusanagi

I would love electronic/dance stations in the same vein as either (the 90's eurodance songs on) Non-Stop Pop or the TBoGT rendition of Vladivostok FM. I practically discovered electronic music through the GTA games, as odd as that sounds. I liked some of the songs on Soulwax FM, but it was very odd as a whole, let alone compared to the previous electronic stations in the series.

I've also been getting into a lot more Aphex Twin and Tangerine Dream over the past year or so; I wouldn't mind another ambient station.

Edited by CartmanKusanagi

Dan.

All I ask for is a KDST type station.

ViceOfLiberty

I want them to bring back Stretch Armstrong but this time with Bobbito Garcia! They could totally have a radio show reminiscent of 89.9 with underground rappers coming in to do freestyle, and just generally funny dialogue.

Gokuzbu

More Toto, more Stone Roses, more Black Keys, more Genesis, more Queen, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Arctic Monkeys, Oasis, The Smiths, Queens of the Stone Age.

More Kanye, more Kendrick, more Dr. Dre, more Snoop Dogg, Schoolboy Q, Vince Staples, Notorious B.I.G, Travis Scott, MF DOOM, Juicy J and 3 6 Mafia.

Have a Trap/Banger Hip Hop station and a conscious rap one so both camps are happy. Have a classic rock station, a modern/grunge station and a prog station with long 8 minute songs by Genesis, Yes, Pink Floyd, King Crimson.

Edited by Gokuzbu

(Ambient)

I'm all for a progressive rock radio station. To the list above, I'd add Steven Wilson (solo, Porcupine Tree & Blackfield), Rush, The Mars Volta, Jethro Tull, Soft Machine, Hawkwind and maybe some Camel too. :p

Edited by (Ambient)

Gokuzbu

Yeah that all sounds good, Camel are especially awesome.

R3D-RAB1T

I wanna hear some 60s like im mafia 3, some rolling stones, jefferson airplane, the temptations, the four tops, sam the sham and the pharohs

SeroH

If the next GTA is set in VC, I would love a latin ballad station, a mixture of 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's and today's latin ballads, featuring artists like Chayanne, Franco de Vita, Alexandre Pires, Luis Miguel, Jose Luis Perales, Leonardo Favio, Nino Bravo, Adamo, Sandro, etc...

Fishers Fritz

I know it will not happen, but a radio station that plays exclusively tracks by Joachim Witt would be incredible.

His music is very diverse and the lyrics are deep.

Edited by Fishers Fritz

PlaysGTAinBathwater

Two GTAs (that I know of, SA and V) have a lot of rural countryside and a terrible country station to go with it. It's cool that R* understands how large a chunk of the market rural America accounts for, but who is this music for?!? The oldest NPCs of Blaine County, or the players?!? GTA's next map will be large, and likely feature countryside, so... let's have some good country music next time around.

RebelRadio and KRose were both way off. RR was all over the place. The two good songs felt like accidents.(Willie Nelson "Whiskey River" and Waylon Jennings "Ain't Livin Long Like This") A lot of the content is older stuff from the 60s or even 50s. (KRose was all oldies) I touched on this in the anti-wishlist by saying something like "less Hank Sr, more Hank Jr." I'd never heard that J. Cash song about the Duke boy's car, I puked in my mouth a little. Convoy?...WTF? Now, I'm no huge country fan, it wouldn't kill me if the game had no country station at all, but there is some good stuff, well suited to the game, that could make something like RebelRadio one of the best, rather than worst stations.

"Folsom Prison Blues" by Jonny Cash is an easy choice, but what about "Ain't No Grave" or "Cocaine Blues"

"You Never Even Called Me By My Name" by David Allen Coe, (joy) or maybe "Jack Daniels If You Please" , "Longhaired Redneck", "If That Ain't Country", "Take This Job and Shove It"

"Uneasy Rider" by Charlie Daniels, or "Wichita Jail", "Long Haired Country Boy"

"Family Tradition" by Hank Williams Jr, another easy choice, but then there's "Mind Your Own Business" and "I'd Love to Knock the Hell Out of You"

"Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw" by Jimmy Buffet

"Highway Patrol" by Junior Brown, not a great song, but a hilarious police chase soundtrack

Willie Nelson... just use "Whiskey River" again, I won't complain

Something else from Waylon Jennings, Johnny Paycheck, Merle Haggard, you know, dudes that lived hard and wrote songs about it. Don't go all George Jones on us. No Patsy Cline, no Loretta Lynn, no Hank Sr, none of that broken heart, I'm in love, mainstream 60's stuff.

Maybe mix in a handful of Southern Rock tracks, rather than one just kinda ending up there by mistake cause it sounds so country. Mississippi Queen, Black Betty, Gimme Three Steps, Whippin Post or Midnight Rider...

I'm sure many players would rather country music not be in the game at all, like "Who listens to this sh*t?" I feel this way about all the house/techno, the 4th rap station, the 3rd rap station, ultra-light rock, radio east los (I think it was called, come on R*, why?) but just remember the opera station in LCS. You might not like the music, but how fitting and f-ing cool that they put an opera station in Liberty City. Bashing through traffic while The Anvil Chorus played...yea!

PlaysGTAinBathwater

anyway... no more country talk, SOME ROCK SONGS

When the Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin

Fairies Wear Boots or Wizard by Black Sabbath

Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Country Honk, Dancin with Mr. D, Brown Sugar, or Gimme Shelter by The Stones

Whole Lota Rosie by AC/DC

Big Ten Inch Record by Aerosmith

One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer by George Thorogood

ALSO...

Wu-tang Wu-Tang Wu-Tang, they on my brain.

Mister Pink

Stranger, weirder more "underground" electronic music. ie. More Aphex Twin, Clark, Plaid, Tipper, Shpongle etc with some Acid, IDM, Ambient and trippy and psychedelic stuff.

Edited by Mister Pink

Homemade Dynamite

I would like better stations in general. In GTA V, many of the stations suffered from bizarre picks and being very loosely defined. As I mentioned, Soulwax felt like something that would've made sense a decade before GTA V was out, but otherwise felt horribly out of touch with what gets played today. Non-Stop Pop had no real identity other than "poppy/famous songs" which is why Gorillaz and Britney Spears were on the same station. Vinewood Boulevard Radio and Channel X were both utter sh*t and it was pathetic that these were supposed to be the "modern" and "hard" rock stations, respectively. LSRR, while one of the better stations, still suffered from a lack of heavier tracks trying to go for a "yacht rock" feel. I still don't get what WorldWide FM is supposed to be, though I do enjoy it. As for Radio Los Santos? I have no idea why they picked those songs. With a few exceptions, everything on RLS was complete label-manufactured auto-tuned bullsh*t.

And where is the modern music? It was far too few for what is supposed to be a modern GTA, and most of what was present was garbage.

Basically, make it like GTA IV. In that game, the stations were clearly defined and had a purpose. It felt less repetitive despite having fewer songs. Give us classic rock with both softer and harder songs, an actual modern rock station, actual electronic music, a dedicated jazz station, metal, and hip-hop that is actually decent (to be fair, it's harder to come by these days but it still exists). I don't know, just something about GTA IV's soundtrack that completely puts GTA V to shame. It's not perfect, but it just feels like it accomplished what it set out to achieve.

Gokuzbu

I tried a prog station out on Independence FM and it worked out beautifully. This needs to happen. The songs would be longer so they can use less and not pay as much licensing costs.

Shyabang Shyabang

If the city will have Quebec or Paris, then Bleu FM:

Edited by Shyabang Shyabang

Mister Pink

If GTA adopted a podcast-type talk show, you know more long-form, who would you go for? Maybe some real podcasters/broadcasters would be great.

My list:

Marc Maron

Joe Rogan

Adam Carrola

Jim Norton

Anthony Cumia

Bill Burr

Also, radio adverts... Love some radio adverts made by Tim & Eric...

Edited by Mister Pink

VictorVance1239

Hopefully artist like Mitch Murder, Tesla Boy, Trevor Something get some love in these games.Couple of examples.

Also slightly off topic but hoping we can do more with music this year. I want to be able to bring certain songs from the different stations over to an in game Ipod device rather than having to wait around for the song to play on that station.

A way to add songs of your own would be greatly appreciated too. I mentioned in another thread that rockstar could perhaps make it so saved songs can appear on the radio station playlist much like it did waay back on original xbox when people added songs to their hard drives.

Both Xbox one and PS4 have this feature so it shouldn't be impossible.

Edited by VictorVince1239

Shyabang Shyabang

A romantic channel for a romantic night

JASONBRODYSONOFRAMBO

Run the jewels should get their own station

Edited by JASONBRODYSONOFRAMBO

Mister Pink

Run the jewels should get their own station

As DJ's playing Hip Hop or just music by Run The Jewels. I like them but I wouldn't want a whole station dedicated to just one act.

nick rynearson

My idea of a future GTA game would be in the late 70's and in Carcer City so here my radio station ideas

Carcer Rock Radio

Grand Funk Radio

Carcer City Pop Station

Studio 69

Long Haul

Blitzkrieg Rock

Edited by nick rynearson

HeteroDahmer

We need some more Bobby Brown IMO

VictorVance1239

Either way Rockstar needs to add some updates to the radio as time goes by in the next one. I mean it's just unrealistic for the same songs to play on the radio for years and years.

Timcatgt5

I'd like GTA VI to include a radio station that plays a variety of fast paced music for the gymnasium. The organisation that owns the radio station (Repcurl Radio) also owns a franchise of gyms within the Vice City area, and this radio station will automatically play when you visit the gym. The station is commercial-free and you can choose to disable or change it to your liking.

The following songs are added for this radio station:

Suggesting this because I've been using these songs during my training sessions and they haven't let me down. However it's difficult finding songs that are similar, so the song selection would be small.

Ivan1997GTA
Posted (edited)

It would be pretty cool if there was a station dedicated to playing comedy songs, like song parodies from Weird Al and some other artists.

(This song originated from Mystery Science Theater 3000)

Edited by Ivan1997GTA

ArmyRaidFail404

My perfect GTA game is set in a combination of Vice City, The Bahamas and Haiti. But mostly in Vice City, that said one of my favourite stations has to be put on: ​Emotion 98.3 . It was the only station I ever listened to in Vice City: it felt the most like the 80's, if you know what I mean. But I think for a modern audience it should be upgraded. I'd hate for it to be all just acoustic love ballads, which is what I think Rockstar will make it as such if my perfect GTA ever comes out. It should have a lot of modern house tracks on it. Some that come to mind:

Deeply In My Soul - Anton Ishuntin

You Were Right - Rufus

Chasing Forever - Set Mo

Sweet Lovin' - Sigala

That said there needs to some good hip hop. One artist that Rockstar is missing out on is Immortal Technique. Joey Bada$$ needs a shine of the light too. Also, why hasn't Death Grips made an appearance on GTA Radio yet?

Dance With The Devil - Immortal Technique

Land of the Free - Joey Bada$$

Beware - Death Grips

There also needs to be a sort of Soulwax FM for the Next GTA. Most people didn't like it but it was my go to station in GTA V. But it needs improvements, namely a bigger range of EDM. GTA V was just dubstep. Some that could be good.

Steamworks - The Presets

New Rules (Allison Wonderland Remix) - Dua Lipa

Strobe - Deadmau5

Oh and also simply because my perfect GTA has Big Shaq voicing one of the characters this song needs to appear. No question about it.

Mans Not Hot - Big Shaq

Edited by ArmyRaidFail404

Yinepi

If the next game is to be Vice City (To which there is a high chance it will be), Rockstar must absolutely have a Trance/House/Techno mix station. "Spring Break" party scene is a big thing in Miami youth. I created a perfect station already that could easily be used as a reference:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/700173-create-your-own-radio-station-for-gta/page-70?do=findComment&comment=1070006406

I still don't get what WorldWide FM is supposed to be, though I do enjoy it.

Worldwide was originally suppose to be a Jazz and Lounge music station, but then during development evolved into a Chillwave and Downbeat style, then even later in development they decided to add Neo-Soul music and Soft Pop to it. Later with the Enhanced version they for some reason added Jazz-Funk, Turntablism, and Experimental Hip Hop to it. It essentially has become a generic station playing a variety of music under the idiotic guise of "World" music. What is "World" music? A genre people use to lump songs together from sub genres that they're too lazy to do research on.

Edited by Yinepi

Shyabang Shyabang

If set during the 1990s, Light Rock Station:

countrymike84

Rodeo Radio 96 (GTA Station that I am working on..has country music from the 90s and 80s)

XRjScsVi8

mvZ5E5Uuik

GfBAM4sNSQ

Mods, please delete this post. The youtube links arent working.

Edited by countrymike84

Jimmy Darmody

There's a dude i like named Maségo who's ridiculously funny as a person and such a talented artist. I always thought he'd be perfect to hoast a radio on a GTA game. If Gilles Peterson works with Rockstar again i'm gonna ask him to do with Maségo what he did with Flying Lotus.

Seriously, watch his videos... so talented.