Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,761 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Mister Pink

GTA Next Music & Radio

TommyMontana

If the next game be in Vice City some retro synthpop like Tesla Boy,Kavinsky or Electric Younth, some pop/rock from the 80's, actual pop songs,east coast hip hop and some indie rock. If it goes to a city like Carcer a classical station like Double Clef FM, old rap, punk rock, alternative/indie rock, rhythm & blues and jazz(Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, Sinatra and all the good ones)would fit very well

Mister Pink

Some great tracks suggested in this thread. OP suggestions a Boards of Canada track especially made me smile, as I've been a big fan since Geogaddi, and Campfire remains one of my fav albums.

I love the idea of introducing new content to not just the chat stations, but all of them, based on story progression, and perhaps a similar concept for online. When new tacks dropped for PS4/XB1 release, and then again for PC release/IGG2, it really helped keep the game fresh for me.

Most stations in V started with about 15 tracks (last gen). I think each station (in single player) could start with around 10, with around 5 extra tracks added to each station as you progress through the story, so that further into the game you're still hearing stuff that's new.

Then once online launches, they could perhaps release 1-3 new tracks per content update to both single player and online.

Great to meet another fan. :D

Bare

Just wanted to say Rockstar have to get DJ Akademiks to host the hip-hop radio station in the next GTA.

PizzaPlanet

Thinking of the next GTA installment to be set in modern era Vice City, I made a radio station for the upcoming game GTA 6. It's a classic 80's pop and rock station, which brings back the great memories and feelings from the 80's Vice City. It's also got fake and funny ads, just like it came straight out of a GTA game. Hope you guys enjoy it. All songs had to be 30 seconds long, so my video won't get a copyright strike. Playlist is on video description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XVw_zGZpnw

Edited by PizzaPlanet

Homemade Dynamite

Just give me Lorde and I'm good to go.

BillDimebag

Depends on the setting... If we get Vice City it MUST have an 80's pop station loke Flash FM and an 80's rock/metal station like V-Rock. If it is on any other city I'd go with a classic rock station or a heavy metal one (mostly 80's and 90's metal songs. I don't really fancy the modern stuff...)

(Ambient)

Just give me Lorde and I'm good to go.

I wouldn't be suprised if we'll hear that chick in GTA once again (unless R* will decide that GTA VI will be set in the past).

Anyway, if the next GTA will have an "up-to-date" setting again and another "chillout" station, I want to sound it like SomaFM Drone Zone.

Two And Three

Depends on the setting... If we get Vice City it MUST have an 80's pop station loke Flash FM and an 80's rock/metal station like V-Rock. If it is on any other city I'd go with a classic rock station or a heavy metal one (mostly 80's and 90's metal songs. I don't really fancy the modern stuff...)

So you never heard Ghost? What do you mean by 90s and 80s Metal? You see, Metal is a vast genre. When you say 90s Metal, it can mean so many things. Black Metal, Death Metal, NU Metal, Thrash Metal, Industrial Metal. 90s Metal is a really vast term and there is a big chance that it can be 90s Metal, but you won't like it. Technically L.C.H.C. Is 90s and 80s Metal station. And you should check out some Modern Metal outside of the Mainstream.

Femme Fatale

So you never heard Ghost? What do you mean by 90s and 80s Metal? You see, Metal is a vast genre. When you say 90s Metal, it can mean so many things. Black Metal, Death Metal, NU Metal, Thrash Metal, Industrial Metal. 90s Metal is a really vast term and there is a big chance that it can be 90s Metal, but you won't like it. Technically L.C.H.C. Is 90s and 80s Metal station. And you should check out some Modern Metal outside of the Mainstream.

If the setting is in VC, then they should include a station with pure death metal. You know how on V they included Channel X as a shout-out to the LA punk scene? Well they should do that in VI(if it's in VC), but this time a shout-out to the florida death metal scene. Death, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Obituary, Malevolent Creation, Assück, etc.

B Dawg

I don't really fancy the modern stuff...)

Probably because you never bothered to look for the good stuff :p

There's so much good rock/metal coming out nowadays it's hard to keep up with it all.

BillDimebag

Well I liked L.C.H.C. from EFLC and I wouldn't really mind any of these genres to appear , that's why I said it that way(be it groove/thrash/stoner/sludge/doom/death/industrial or even nu metal .. ) the 80's also had hair/glam metal which is fine by me too (Ratt , Quiet Riot , Motley Crue,Twisted Sister,W.A.S.P. etc).

P.S.:I do have heard of Ghost too but I wasn't blown away... Nor by Mastodon (many people claim that they are good too) . Hell ,the most "modern" band that I heard and really liked has got to be System Of A Down , who are a genre of their own and Dozer , a stoner metal band from Sweden but whatever this is getting off topic :p

Edited by BillDimebag

Mister Pink

I think Rockstar should consider hooking up with some podcasters and have their talk radio station dedicated to hours of podcasts. Maybe even update the podcasts optionally or mandatorily so it's kept fresh. My preferences would be

Joe Rogan + Guests (would also enjoy it as a spoof/satire)

Sam Harris

Marc Maron

Bill Burr

Joey Diaz + Guests

Duncan Trussell

The Moth

This American Life (could be spoof/satire of it)

Imagine listening to these on radio...

(Ambient)

@Pink, so... basically a comedy club turned into a radio station?

Mister Pink

@Pink, so... basically a comedy club turned into a radio station?

Not really :). It's that there's a huge culture of of comics that have podcasts. The intent isn't to make people laugh every 5 seconds, it's more discussion and talk and see where it leads.

Also, I listed comics but Marc Maron's podcast is more of a conversational interview with interesting people, same with Joe Rogans podcast, This American life is more like radio documentary and The Moth is people telling stories that have had an impact on their lives and Sam Harris is a philosopher and neuroscientist who discusses worldly topics.

So more of a station that's talk-radio but the content is by podcasters like comedians, documentarian's and everything else.

I really enjoyed the shows like Gardening With Maurice and likes and would love to see more podcast-orientated.

I would also like to hear piss-takes of these shows. So maybe a whole station dedicated to a piss-take of the Joe Rogan Podcast could be funny.

Edited by Mister Pink

Actlikeyouknow

I really want some Late 60's/Early 70's rock in the next GTA game. In my (Humble) opionion, LSSR in GTAV wasn't that good, as the track selection was all over the place and alot of the songs just weren't songs for driving​, which I think is critical for a classic rock station. I want something like this in GTAVI

pls R*, I want something like "The Seeker" by The Who, or "Green River" by CCR again!

Edited by Actlikeyouknow

Mortsnarg

I think Rockstar should consider hooking up with some podcasters and have their talk radio station dedicated to hours of podcasts. Maybe even update the podcasts optionally or mandatorily so it's kept fresh. My preferences would be

Joe Rogan + Guests (would also enjoy it as a spoof/satire)

Sam Harris

Marc Maron

Bill Burr

Joey Diaz + Guests

Duncan Trussell

The Moth

This American Life (could be spoof/satire of it)

Imagine listening to these on radio...

I'd love to see them! Bill Burr actually played Jason Michaels in The Lost and Damned, so it'd be a bit meta, but I'd still love to see him along with Joe Rogan, Joey Diaz, etc on the radio. Maybe have a station called "Split Sides FM", where you have comedians from all over the country just shooting the sh*t, maybe even commenting on events in the game world. Norm MacDonald would also be a cool guy to have on there.

Mister Pink

Ah.. I didn't know Bill Burr was in The Lost and Damned. I shamefully never finished the story. I keep meaning to and will do now that it's backwards compatible.

Split Sides FM would be a great idea Joey Diaz would be a great addition. Did you see his appearance in Mafia III?

Mildish spoilers..(YouTube vid and the thumbnail is a giveaway)

Edited by Mister Pink

AlexGambino150

If the next GTA is set in Chicago, or I guess Carcer City. I would like to see a Hip Hop station based on the drill Music of Chicago. Considering GTA is a game about killing people and doing crazy sh*t. ChiRaq Music would fit perfectly in GTA.

Edited by AlexGambino150

MostWantedMVP

Definitely need some classic Will Smith

Gettin' Jiggy Wit It

Miami

Mister Pink

Gettin' Jiggy Wit It

snip

Miami

snip

And then a Disco station that has the originals in which those songs were sampled from. A bit like how it was in San Andreas or cross-GTAs where IV had the original and San Andreas had a sampled version (

as an example)

Getting Jiggy With It....

Miami...

Edited by Mister Pink

MostWantedMVP

Gettin' Jiggy Wit It

snip

Miami

snip

And then a Disco station that has the originals in which those songs were sampled from. A bit like how it was in San Andreas or cross-GTAs where IV had the original and San Andreas had a sampled version (

as an example)

Yep, Disco is my favorite genre. I loved the stuff on K109 in TBOGT f*cking incredible.

MostWantedMVP

Rockstar need to add a Disco station in GTA 6, I know they look at this forum.

Here are more suggestions/my personal favs.

Shake Your Body Down - The Jacksons

Earth Wind & Fire - Let's Groove

Edited by MostWantedMVP

Toreno6901

radio X playlist industrial remix crossover synthMetal =GTA Next music.

Two And Three

Hey, If Rockstar is reading this. Please have Mike Patton compose the score, or be a DJ o a radio.

MakeAmericaGreatAgain

I'd love to see some Dire Straits, surprised they haven't had that in a GTA game yet, we got a mission in VCS called Money for Nothing and an online race called Sultans of Swing, so we're getting there.

yoshi34925

Metal station needs Bleed by Meshuggah and Guardians of Asgaard by Amon Amarth

(Ambient)

Hope for some Bones (or Seshollowaterboyz in general) on the modern rap station.

Mister Pink

Hey, If Rockstar is reading this. Please have Mike Patton compose the score, or be a DJ o a radio.

Yeah I love the way Rockstar gets guest music artists as DJ's and legendary people too like Bootsy Collin's, Lee 'Scratch' Perry, Francois K, Iggy Pop, DJ Premier and DJ Pooh.

Can't wait to hear who they get next!

Adrenalist

Can't think of a better suited song to go on GTA6's country station than this.

Please, R*. Please.

Drive By Truckers - Company I Keep

countrymike84

If you have Sirius/XM, check out station 311 "Yacht Rock." Hopefully , GTA VI has a station like this. Here is an example of the perfect night music in Vice City present day.

bOm0Dq_kKNU

Edited by countrymike84