is gta3 the worst gta game ever?

Grumpy Cat

MyNameIsNotImportantBro
54 minutes ago, Utopianthumbs said:

Too late, he already decided SA has the best map over IV in another thread, he's one step away from saying CJ is better than Niko 😜

Level 100 Destruction 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Utopianthumbs said:

Too late, he already decided SA has the best map over IV in another thread, he's one step away from saying CJ is better than Niko 😜

Pump the brakes a little my boy.

I've always liked San Andreas' map (And I did say GTA IV's map is still my favourite one, but I have to give credit where it's due) and while CJ isn't that bad (He's still a little bitchy I have to admit) he's certainly no Niko. Not now,  nor never.😎

• Like 1

El Penguin Bobo

SOL has gone to the dark side fellas. Can't bring him back now.

Image result for gta signature

8 minutes ago, El Penguin Bobo said:

SOL has gone to the dark side fellas. Can't bring him back now.

Why are you guys picking on me? I’m still a GTA IV fanboy you know.😓

I’m serial. I f*cked up ok?

• Like 1
  • KEKW 2

Don’t worry sugar, i’ll be a Gta San Andreas fan again for ya

• 9 months later...
NikoLiberty2008

I wouldn't say it's bad, I'd say it's VERY dated.
The game has no map, in just 4-5 strong hits the car explodes, the police AI sucks, it's pretty easy to flip the car, and other things. And I'm saying this because I started playing GTA San Andreas, if you ask someone who started playing GTA 3, he probably wouldn't tell the same thing.

It's true III didn't age so well for some, but at the time... man i would love to experience it with a early 2000's mind, maybe kids in the future will say IV and V are pretty bland and boring for similar reasons you had, i also share a little of your critics because i played SA first :p 

III is great but thank god Rockstar managed to produce better stuff, managed.....

Edited by Netuno_

• 2 months later...

The controls are pure asscheeks, and constant hitscanner enemies ruin your missions, but the aesthetic, and general setting is actually really good, and in my opinion has a more gritty tone then GTA 4's liberty city. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
CynicalMexican
On 5/28/2016 at 2:21 AM, Grumpy Cat said:

hello everyone.

i been playing gta 3 for 2 years on ps2 and couple months on pc and i think its the worst gta game ever, i found many craps in this game like:

you cant smash the car with the bat, you cant fly with the dodo, the running paunch do no damage, no reward for 100% game completions, no health or armor upgrades, you cant travel to portland island because of the mafia gang with the deadly shotguns, yardies hates you for no reason, games like this should have crouch, purple hoods always disappears when starting new game, worst ending, the tank always stays when spawn it, no claude cutscene model.

seriously what kind gta game is this, that you cant smash the car with the baseball bat?

i think claude should leave the liberty city because every gangs hates him and every gangs are everywhere.

did rockstar realize that running paunch do no damage?

dodo is the only usless vehicle in this game.

at the end of the game claude shot maria for some reason, i think its the worst ending ever.

when i spawned rhino (tank) then destroy it and notice that rhino will always stay in the game, which means i have to start the new game unless if i didn't not saved the game.

when the cutscene starts, i notice that the game use ingame model of claude while other main characters use own cutscene model. i guess R* were lazy

rockstar kinda messed up with this game, what a pricks.

anyway so what you people think about it? is it the worst gta game ever?

Okay.

GTA III is a product of its time. Back then, when GTA III came out, it was an absolutely insane game with so many features that hadn't been done before. Obviously, it hasn't aged well, but it doesn't mean it's "bad". 

Obviously games today do things way better, but to me, GTA 3 still has a feel to it. I love the chaotic fast pace of the game, the dark mysterious vibe of Liberty City, the tense story,etc. These are things that haven't been done by GTA since. Hell, the vibe of LCS felt way too... different.

LeatherJacketSoldier

Whoa, I saw the topic's title and rushed in to laugh at the replies, because I thought it was just another one of Smash_Bandicoot's criticizing/weird-theoretizing topics. Then I saw the topic started in 2016 and desisted.

• 2 years later...
Stevie Goodwin
On 5/28/2016 at 8:18 AM, Sergiu said:

My thoughts, you dislike the game because it is not suited for your casual generation's play style, just like some people in the early 2000s couldn't stomach NES games.

And you know what the sad thing is? NES games played and looked better compared to this unfair piece godawful garbage that is so-called GTA 3! I hated the fact that you died way too easily in this game, Even more so than in NES games. And nothing makes my blood boil more than when my health goes to 0 for no discernible reason after a pedestrian ran me over and then i totally lost my sh*t and start punching my TV and throwing my controller across the room whenever i see that lovely "WASTED!" on my screen for the one billionth f*cking time!!!

cant remember
20 hours ago, Stevie Goodwin said:

and then i totally lost my sh*t and start punching my TV and throwing my controller across the room whenever i see that lovely "WASTED!" on my screen for the one billionth f*cking time!!!

Oof, it's just a game my man, turn it off and play something else.

That sounds like anger issues of them. On the other hand, while I recognize everything in the game and blast through it, I can point out its excessively difficult aspects due to design.

Getting run over by vehicles indeed causes near instant death, especially crazy compared to San Andreas in which the player nearly takes no damage. Gunplay can be slow and clunky. Driving can be an absolute pain in the ass, having your vehicle spin or flip like a bitch.

Stevie Goodwin
15 hours ago, Max Payne said:

That sounds like anger issues of them.

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! Oh come on with the "anger issues" sh*t. This is like the 100th time the internet has ever said that especially when i'm mad at a video game and i'm stuck on one mission for example. You know what's f*cked up about this? I've watched slew of videos on YouTube rage quitting games before and yet they aren't constantly told by troll that "oh you have issues" blah blah blah.

Heck even the AVGN (James Rofle) doesn't get ridiculous "You have anger issues" or "Seek help" comments in any of his videos FFS!!! 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Stevie Goodwin

cant remember
19 minutes ago, Stevie Goodwin said:

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! Oh come on with the "anger issues" sh*t. This is like the 100th time the internet has ever said that especially when i'm mad at a video game and i'm stuck on one mission for example. You know what's f*cked up about this? I've watched slew of videos on YouTube rage quitting games before and yet they aren't constantly told by troll that "oh you have issues" blah blah blah.

Heck even the AVGN (James Rofle) doesn't get ridiculous "You have anger issues" or "Seek help" comments in any of his videos FFS!!! 🤦‍♂️

I feel like you're trolling here but in case you're not: "AVGN" is a fictional character. He uses props and special effects when his script calls him to be destructive and he actually has a lot of care for his game collection. When you see him freak out he isn't even actually playing the game, the shots facing him and the TV are separate takes. Same with most other (albeit usually smaller budget) let's play type videos you see.

If you're unironically punching your TV and throwing the controller into walls because you cannot control yourself anymore, first step I think is to recognize that the behavior isn't normal, and that's actually the reason why acting like that is a form of comedy.

• Like 1

Stevie Goodwin
34 minutes ago, cant remember said:

I feel like you're trolling here but in case you're not: "AVGN" is a fictional character. He uses props and special effects when his script calls him to be destructive and he actually has a lot of care for his game collection. When you see him freak out he isn't even actually playing the game, the shots facing him and the TV are separate takes. Same with most other (albeit usually smaller budget) let's play type videos you see.

If you're unironically punching your TV and throwing the controller into walls because you cannot control yourself anymore, first step I think is to recognize that the behavior isn't normal, and that's actually the reason why acting like that is a form of comedy.

Well i hate to break it to you, but this is clearly not a troll. And first off, I don't need to be shown a video, thank you very much and i don't give a f*ck. I even argue with my dad over GTA everyday along with the lines of him saying "I don't care about a 30 year old game blah blah".

And we all have our moments whenever we fail or die for no reason in GTA games, etc etc.

And i bet you would do the same thing such as throw your controller or punch a TV not because its a form comedy not because i'm a troll or because i don't know how to control my anger. I bet you would do the same thing like me like if you died for no reason by being run over, getting out of a exploding car at the wrong time, your car flips over or failed a mission 1000000000 times for absolutely no reason, your mods don't work and nothing changes or the game crashes, or when a cheat doesn't work and i don't see a "Cheat activated" on my screen even though i typed it to a f*ckING T!!!!!!!! 🤦‍♂️🤬🤬🤬🤦‍♂️. Or it just rudely deactivates a cheat by itself such as Slow gameplay cheats.

And so what if AVGN uses props. I've broken bunches of PS2 systems and controllers when i was a kid and i didn't mind replacing them. Don't get me wrong, I think GTA is still a great game, but i just hate when video games give me such a hard time and i wanna play to have fun and relax, not troubleshoot and rage and then finally play.

cant remember
2 hours ago, Stevie Goodwin said:

And so what if AVGN uses props. I've broken bunches of PS2 systems and controllers when i was a kid and i didn't mind replacing them.

You're missing the point. AVGN is a fictional character. You're not meant to take Youtube videos as an example of what's real. You're right every gamer will feel frustrating moments when playing GTA but you have to learn to stop playing a game when you feel you aren't having fun anymore, not keep playing until your anger is at a level you start breaking your things.

• Like 1

Damn son, what the hell went on here. Oh and I never broke my TV or controller when a game f*cked me over. I don’t have such luxury.

• 1 month later...
Evil empire

Once properly modded GTA 3 is very enjoyable even if some things have already largely annoyed me I have never ever punched any of my screens or broken any controller.

Edited by Evil empire

super_slav

No, GTA V is the worst mainstream GTA game.

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Stevie Goodwin
On 8/2/2016 at 3:54 PM, Rhoda said:

"Is GTA3 the worst game ever?" Yes by a long shot.

However, GTA3 is 15 years old now and it would be unfair to call it a bad game (and certainly unfair to call it the worst game ever) 

It's also unfair when GTA 3 keeps f*cking you over in so many ways such as dying and seeing that lovely "Wasted!" and "000" health so so so many times in a row for no reason such as getting run over by a NPC, (You die in GTA 3 much more and even more so than in NES/SNES games ever did and that's sad for a 2001 game. Even dying in NES/SNES games was more fun than that unfair cheap crap)

being killed by an M16 and even slow gameplay cheat to act like Trevor's GTA V Special Ability didn't do jack sh*t to save my life, or Claude goes flying and kills himself for no discernible reason, (So f*ck you Rockstar and your crappy faulty GTA III) your car flips over for the 1000th time in a row for no goddamn reason, you fail the same mission over and over and over and over and over such as Espresso-2-Go, S.A.M, Big N Veiny, Payday for Ray, Paparazzi Purge and so on. So no, it's not unfair to call GTA 3 a bad game as even when the games were new back in the early 2000's when i was 3 years old, even people had enough of Rockstar's bullsh*t back then.How GTA 3 Gives Me PTSD

On 2/7/2024 at 5:47 AM, Evil empire said:

Once properly modded GTA 3 is very enjoyable even if some things have already largely annoyed me I have never ever punched any of my screens or broken any controller.

Well good for you then. To me i have the least amount of luck with ANY GTA game i ever play and come across. I punch and break TV monitors, keyboards and mouses whenever GTA SA on PC crashes or when a mod doesn't work and nothing even changes like a sound mod not working.

Edited by Stevie Goodwin
  • KEKW 4

• 3 weeks later...
Stevie Goodwin
On 12/23/2023 at 7:13 AM, cant remember said:

Oof, it's just a game my man, turn it off and play something else.

Useless fact.

On 12/28/2023 at 11:09 PM, Max Payne said:

Damn son, what the hell went on here. Oh and I never broke my TV or controller when a game f*cked me over. 

But if a game f*cks you over so many times, that's when you need the urge to break something. And don't say "I have issues" or any of that nonsense i don't wanna hear! You just say i have "issues" because you people are in denial here.

On 12/28/2023 at 12:48 PM, cant remember said:

You're right every gamer will feel frustrating moments when playing GTA but you have to learn to stop playing a game when you feel you aren't having fun anymore, not keep playing until your anger is at a level you start breaking your things.

Well, that's a good thing. Especially if a game screws me over numerous times like this.

• KEKW 2

If this is the 100th time (or more) that people on the internet have told you that you have anger issues towards video games, I don't think it's the people on this forum who are in denial.

tRSmCi4.gif

JetNormalGuy
On 2/29/2024 at 4:48 PM, Stevie Goodwin said:

But if a game f*cks you over so many times, that's when you need the urge to break something. And don't say "I have issues" or any of that nonsense i don't wanna hear! You just say i have "issues" because you people are in denial here.

You got problems boy. Deep down Problems.

• Like 1
  • excuseme 1

Max Payne

I don’t know if I did say that you have issues but generally most people have issues. I wasn’t attacking you or something just because I’m a long time GTA III player. This isn’t even about GTA III.

• 2 weeks later...
jaydeedilla

Worst GTA game ever? Worse than GTA 1 and Advance? Yea.... ok.....

• 2 weeks later...
Stevie Goodwin
On 12/28/2023 at 12:48 PM, cant remember said:

You're missing the point. AVGN is a fictional character. You're not meant to take Youtube videos as an example of what's real. 

You know what's f*cked up about this? People don't think the AVGN has anger issues whenever he goes on a anger tirade and starts destroying sh*t.  And i don't give a f*ck if AVGN's a goddamned fictional character, he still has issues. But yet when i act like the AVGN and break my own stuff in real life like get mad at GTA games and i die for no reason in a bullsh*t way or my mods don't work or the NPC's only listening whenever the f*ck they feel like, get mad at computers when they crash or they don't work, people will just lose their minds and keep on constantly telling me I have anger issues or that i need to seek help. Look we've all been there before whenever sh*t doesn't go our ways and we go batsh*t crazy whenever we're ignored such as your kid not listening and this guy shows my anger right here. So no i'm not the only one who has anger issues here and drives himself crazy here. And i'm not missing the point thanks for that.

On 3/1/2024 at 12:52 PM, JetNormalGuy said:

Oh no i don't.

On 3/1/2024 at 12:52 PM, JetNormalGuy said:

Yet when i see other people rage at GTA 3 on YouTube or on the internet, they don't get told ridiculous nonsense comments like "Oh you have problems, waaah waah waah."

Edited by Stevie Goodwin

Stevie Goodwin

I feel like GTA 3 is like the NES games of GTA games as i can't stand on how you die SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easily (and that's sad for a 2001 game. I feel like it's 1985 all over again) especially when getting run over by cars, getting shot by an M16 or Shotguns and taking almost your health away. I'd rather play Mike Tyson's Punch Outand have Mike Tyson or Soda Popinski beat me up and knock me out in one hit and i'd rather play Silver Surfer for NES rather than face these damn shotgun-happy wielding Mafia and i would rather much play NES/SNES games or even E.T on Atari than play this crap ever again after especially hearing all the horror stories from many many people who played this saying "Oh i died because my car blew up in 2 shots, blah blah". Go to google and type "gta 3 mafia shotgun" and look at the thousands of results you'll get, You'll hear people bitch about the same things over and over again: died by being blowed up in 2 shots, game is too hard to play, not fun, etc. This game is just not worth your time. I don't expect Rockstar to spend much effort into fixing GTA III.

Edited by Stevie Goodwin