4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

is gta3 the worst gta game ever?

Grumpy Cat

gts.

It seems you have played GTA V first instead of GTA III. GTA III isn't the worst GTA, it's only a little bit outdated. Obviously if you played GTA IV/GTA V first or even GTA SA, it's obvious GTA III will feel like a sh*t with outdated physics and a lot of things. But remember, thanks to GTA III: GTA V exists even Saints Row and all those GTA style games.

• Like 3
Big_Smiley

It seems you have played GTA V first instead of GTA III. GTA III isn't the worst GTA, it's only a little bit outdated. Obviously if you played GTA IV/GTA V first or even GTA SA, it's obvious GTA III will feel like a sh*t with outdated physics and a lot of things. But remember, thanks to GTA III: GTA V exists even Saints Row and all those GTA style games.

Without the evolution of gta 3 other later games like Saints row would have never existed thanks to III. Many video game Developers took the same third person idea and developed other games.
Algonquin Assassin

No way that it's the worst in the series. It's just aged that's all, but it is 15 years old.

otachi

No way that it's the worst in the series. It's just aged that's all, but it is 15 years old.

There is videogames older than gta 3 and yet it didn't age like gta 3.

Because marketing

I'm pretty sure gta 3 was very popular game.

Grumpy Cat

There are 15 GTA Titles, i doubt anyone here finished them all. Especially since 1 of those is a **** Sony exclusive.

if you talking about gta lcs ans gta vcs? then is 2 not 1

Grumpy Cat

nah, my first gta game was lcs.

well gta 3 isn't that worst if you know how to avoid bugs and glitches. but they really should fixed it for ios and android version, what if some kids in future decides to play gta 3 and faced some of the bugs then they ll be in rage

Inadequate

well gta 3 isn't that worst if you know how to avoid bugs and glitches. but they really should fixed it for ios and android version, what if some kids in future decides to play gta 3 and faced some of the bugs then they ll be in rage

Duh, the mobile version is a port and the bugs are part of the port as well.

Melancholia

I played GTA III first. And I won't go as far as saying it's the worst objectively, it definitely is near the bottom of my list of favorite Grand Theft Auto. I like the atmosphere, and the fact that it's old doesn't bother me (hell, Max Payne is my favorite game, and it came out around the same time). but perhaps after years of playing, it has become over saturated. I agree that it was a giant leap for the series, but nowadays I just can't really get into playing it anymore.

• Like 2
stef_92

Duh, the mobile version is a port and the bugs are part of the port as well.Yes but at least they can release updates anytime :)
gts.

Yes but at least they can release updates anytime :)

It's possible, but fixing those bugs will break the original feeling of the game for the "old school" people who played it first on PS2 back in 2001. Just like the Taxi Glitch or the Car Crusher Glitch, because them are a bug obviously. The game MAYBE will be weird without those well known and classic glitches/bugs?

Big_Smiley

Yes but at least they can release updates anytime :)

It's possible, but fixing those bugs will break the original feeling of the game for the "old school" people who played it first on PS2 back in 2001. Just like the Taxi Glitch or the Car Crusher Glitch, because them are a bug obviously. The game MAYBE will be weird without those well known and classic glitches/bugs? I don't really mess with the glitches in III. I just play a regular play through on my Ps2. Makes me feel like a kid again. Edited by GTA_The_Series
  • Like 1
Femme Fatale

I'd think the same way if I were a squeaker who's used to playing GTA 5...But seriously, the worst GTA game is the one for the GBA, but I've never played it, so I can't confirm that...The worst one I've played is GTA 5...

>Cant smash the car with the bat

Yeah that's disappointing to a sense. You also can't swing while moving, but it was still way better than using fists.

>Cant fly with the dodo

It looks that way at first but people have clearly done it.

>The running paunch do no damage

Not even sure what that means

>no reward for 100% game completions

Don't you unlock the Rhino at Phil's? Or is that all missions? Regardless, it's way better to have all the bribes, health, armor, and weapons at your hideout. And you have more money and vehicles.

>no health or armor upgrades

Another thing added in VC. As much as I resented both games VC still added in and fixed many things.

>you cant travel to portland island because of the mafia gang with the deadly shotguns,

Also annoying but it's only St. Marks

>yardies hates you for no reason

Yeah I found their sudden betrayal a little unnerving but oh well, it wouldn't be the same game if every single gang didn't hate you.

>games like this should have crouch

No form of cover was indeed a little strange.

>purple hoods always disappears when starting new game, worst ending, the tank always stays when spawn it, no claude cutscene model.

Because it's primitive, bugs like this occur. Annoying, but able to work around.

Other irks should be the terrible camera, instant water death, no free aim until the PC version, and paper cars.

• Like 1
Grumpy Cat

>The running paunch do no damage

Not even sure what that means

i mean running attack or paunch while moving.

JosephStalin

You're looking too much at its technical limitations.

the game was from 2001 and was R* First effort, Of course, it's going to feel outdated, I Still love the dark atmosphere of Liberty City, fantastic to this day in many ways, the game has the best atmosphere in the series so dark & gloomy.

GTA III is obviously far superior to any 2D Game, and personally, I Would take it over San Andreas and the story games.

So for me, not the worst Grand Theft Auto.

"Worst GTA" makes it seem like it's a bad game. Of course the newer games in the series are probably going to be better in a technical or gameplay perspective, but that does not say anything about how the game was when it first came out compared to other games that same year.

Edited by Switch__
GamesBoy316

Obviously if you play the newer GTA games like GTA V or GTA IV first, GTA III is going to feel like crap for you. And does it really matter for things like flying the Dodo which you can actually do by practicing, or not being able to punch cars?

Edited by GamesBoy316

what if some kids in future decides to play gta 3 and faced some of the bugs then they ll be in rage

If the "future kids" decide to play an outdated game and they fail to understand the technical limitations of both the game and it's original platform, then they shouldn't be playing it in first place. And if such kid is playing a mobile port (which is sadly the most common thing nowadays) it will be even worse, considering how the mobile ports of the 3D games are an ode to bugs rather than a fix of the flaws of the old versions. Edited by Nico
  • Like 1
Lethal Vaccine

I agree. The Mobile Ports are surely the "Worst Of" when it comes to the 3D Era GTA's. I own III, VC, SA, LCS, and CW for iOS, but the only one I actually care about is CW since I don't own a Nintendo DS or a PSP and having it on iOS is literally the only way I can play it. When it comes to the 3D Era, though, I have it all on PS2 and don't really care about III, VC, SA, and LCS on iOS since it's a lot worse than playing on PS2. Kids need their Phones, though. What would they do without them? :D:p They stare at it all day and hold onto it as if it was their baby. Playing on Mobile isn't very ergonomic, either. It's not comfortable. You stare at a tiny screen, your eyes are strained, your neck hurts, etc, etc. In other words, Mobile sucks...

GamesBoy316

I agree. The Mobile Ports are surely the "Worst Of" when it comes to the 3D Era GTA's. I own III, VC, SA, LCS, and CW for iOS, but the only one I actually care about is CW since I don't own a Nintendo DS or a PSP and having it on iOS is literally the only way I can play it. When it comes to the 3D Era, though, I have it all on PS2 and don't really care about III, VC, SA, and LCS on iOS since it's a lot worse than playing on PS2. Kids need their Phones, though. What would they do without them? :D:p They stare at it all day and hold onto it as if it was their baby. Playing on Mobile isn't very ergonomic, either. It's not comfortable. You stare at a tiny screen, your eyes are strained, your neck hurts, etc, etc. In other words, Mobile sucks...

Mobile isn't that bad for me, but I still agree with you. If people are new to the 3D era GTA's, they should play it on console or PC. On mobile, the games have glitches and some people's devices might have trouble running the games.

Edited by GamesBoy316
  • Like 1
Lethal Vaccine

I am currently doing GTA III on Mobile right now as I speak and will be finishing in the coming days, takes less than a week. I don't have a problem playing Mobile, either, but it's certainly not comfortable and I rather play on an HD TV using a RESPONSIVE Controller, unlike horrid Touch Screens which sometimes register when you press them and other times not. I also rather play on Console, since it uses Electricity. Mobile sucks since you actually need to worry about Battery Life. Sure, I can plug it in and make love to the close by wall that I have my Device plugged into, but who wants to do that? Like I said, NOT comfortable at all. Also, the younger you are, the less pain. Keep playing Mobile, reach 30+ years old, or close to 30 and you'll see your body going down hill and/or the reasons I said about it not being very good to play on Mobile due to Ergonomics and straining of your eyes staring at a screen which is probably 150x smaller than my TV Screen...

In before someone says Console sucks cuz you can't play new games on old Consoles. This would only be valid if said person WANTS to play new games. I don't. I want GTA ONLY and mainly 3D Era. So PS2/3 is king in my case. Don't need a PC, don't need Mobile, don't need an Xbox, don't even need a PS4 cuz it's not backward compatible and it plays 4 GTA's (III, VC, SA Digital Versions and V, which I am not into).

Edited by MetalMilitia89
Maibatsu545

No. GTAOnline is the worst GTA yet to be released.

Is this gonna be the new thing now? Kids who never played the 3D era games hating on them because V is their first GTA and the newer games have better graphics and new features? I shudder for the future.

Edited by Maibatsu545
  • Like 4
Big_Smiley

Is this gonna be the new thing now? Kids who never played the 3D era games hating on them because V is their first GTA and the newer games have better graphics and new features? I shudder for the future.

No offence to those poor kids who played V and sh*t Online first can f*ck off. I'm still playing my gta 3 which is bae. I'm too far stuck in nostalgia :p
  • Like 1
GamesBoy316

No offence to those poor kids who played V and sh*t Online first can f*ck off. I'm still playing my gta 3 which is bae. I'm too far stuck in nostalgia :p

Kids should really understand the concept of technical limitations back then. If you show a kid any of the 3D GTA's and their first game was GTA V, they're most likely gonna say "This game sucks the graphics are so bad lol GTA V is better"

• Like 4
Simply_Wasted

Kids should really understand the concept of technical limitations back then. If you show a kid any of the 3D GTA's and their first game was GTA V, they're most likely gonna say "This game sucks the graphics are so bad lol GTA V is better"

It's the sad truth about the classic 3D era games. If you showed a kid a classic game like SA the majority of them would say the graphics look like sh*t. Back in the 3D era it wasn't at all about the graphics, it was about gameplay and many things you could do in the early years of gta. Same with @GTA_The_Seies i'm still playing VC and SA on my PS2 slim which i enjoy more than V. Edited by Simply_Wasted
  • Like 2

I also rather play on Console, since it uses Electricity.

All dispositives use electricity. You mean direct power with no batteries in the way.

I know you're going to rant at me but I believe the PC versions are the best ones. They may have bugs, but at least you can fix them (have you ever heard of SilentPatch?) and use other mods that can improve the experience (those things you seem to hate with a passion).

• Like 2